Wish Can Quit New War

6 hours ago, DancingJoker said:

the option of a "get me the heck outta here" would have made it much less stressful.  It would also not take away anything from those who don't want to use it.  I cannot for the life of me understand why there wasn't one at launch

Because TNW puts you in a different starchart and applies a bunch of other changes and limitations. Connecting all of that to a toggle that can be flicked on and off before the quest is actually complete is probably not simple from a technical standpoint, even though part of the solution might already exist in how Steel Path works.

Edited by Vaz2017
  • Like 2

1 минуту назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

They aren't impossible or really hard even, but they are annoying in that it's only beatable through trial and error

That's the thing, they are not difficult and don't require any "skill", they are just really boring, take a lot of time, thus, become annoying.

I never understood the complaining about forced stealth in other games, because usually they are short and implemented to give the player a little room to breathe. Also, you have some instruments to distract the guards.

Here, not only the stealth is long, but it takes too long to die and you can't even distract the guards. It's not only barebones, it's also overstays its welcome.

• Like 7

Just now, Innosin said:

yeah... he's using the default amp... which does almost no damage.

Just curious, since I never tried this. does void dash damages Ballas? Have you tried it?

Is he immune to weapons in that fight like an Eidolon?

I used the burst fire amp & only one laser out of the three is enough to delete one bar alone; it does 1,460 damage per shot, the Mote amp does 240, so around 5 shots should be enough to kill one bar

1 minute ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

The quest is basically:
Solo, Nightmare mode (no shields) Bow Only Sortie (unranked gear, no mods), with all Dragon Keys active, bullet jumps disabled, Abilities put on Lavos cooldowns, no Zenurik void dash, no Arcanes.
Exterminate/Spy/Assassination

MOST people who play Warframe choose their frames and weapons to compliment their strengths, or compensate for their weaknesses. In this case, there are a variety of frames I would choose from that would fare much better than the Drifter.

The leadup to this release was all about getting your load out ready for the big quest... gotta be ready! Get that Nechramech and Railjack, and all your best gear and Warframe ready... cuz you're... oh wait... you're really not gonna need that stuff built up... get ready to suffer through pre-set gear with all those restrictions. Have fun... you can't quit, and you can't play the rest of the game until you beat this minigame/bow mastery rank test-in-disguise.

People who are saying how "easy" this is are either humble-bragging, or vastly overestimating the abilities of "average" players.

I'm 45, I've been playing games since the Atari2600/Colecovision... I've beaten games that were made for arcades... I beat this quest with the only tip requiring me to check the forums being that the smoke bomb lets you into the get-out-of-this-dangerous-death-globe-visual to attack the owl and stop its regen... (before that, it was a very slow battle with it constantly regen-ing to max health over and over...)

This quest isn't as easy as you're making it out to be. There NEEDS to be an "I quit" button at the very least, and nerfing if they intend for all players to complete this quest.

agree with 99% of this.

I will argue:
People who are saying how "easy" this is are either humble-bragging, or vastly overestimating the abilities of "average" players.

Not a humble brag, it was pretty easy.  More challenging than the average WF walking simulator, but it certainly wasn't hard.  Also not over estimating the average player, more like I think it's a problem that warframe attracts players that prefer walking simulators and caters to that as a root problem.

I'm also just a couple years shy of you, probably beat 90% of the same games you have.  We both know how intense those old arcade games were, and this certainly is not that.

I strong agree there needs to be a quit out option ASAP for people that don't want to/can't finish it.  But to say it's "hard"... nah bruh, that's overstating it.

It is a mastery rank test in disguise with some sortie mods, that's all it really is, and if you've played the game much you recognize that and it's not hard to figure out.  You might die once or twice before you figure it out, but it's not like they redrafted the whole game, they just changed some modifiers and skins, that's it.  Hard it is not.  The main rub is that there is any challenge at all, and that's causing the people that can't beat anything but modern day walking simulators to freak out because they are accustom to whining on the forums till every challenge is nerfed to walking simulator level.

The failure isn't adding the challenge, the failure is not adding the quit button.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Is he immune to weapons in that fight like an Eidolon?

I used the burst fire amp & only one laser out of the three is enough to delete one bar alone; it does 1,460 damage per shot, the Mote amp does 240, so around 5 shots should be enough to kill one bar

I am literally only hitting like 30-50 per burst I do

1 minute ago, Klokwerkaos said:

It really was a badly designed section.

Honestly the reason you can do this in metal gear and it works and not here is 2 reasons:

1) the death animation takes forever and gets ultra annoying (MGS 1 did this too and it become the most common criticizing meme of the game)
2) in metal gear you have perma radar and the camera is further back

Both of those are problems that should have been addressed at the quest design level and surely should have shown up in the *lol* testing phase.

They aren't impossible or really hard even, but they are annoying in that it's only beatable through trial and error combined with mandatory waiting and studying, it's like the antithesis of what makes warframe fun for the playerbase (fast paced bullet time action and exploding limbs).  If they were dead set on including this mechanic it should have in the very least had a consistent radar for that section because it becomes just an annoying slog.

Ironically I absolutely breezed the stealth..3rd try got through( 2nd I sneezed and jumped the controller lol)  now stuck fast, and  no matter how many people tell me all i "need to do"............. and they offer the same thing that many many folks over the past week have told me and shown me in video but what they are truly saying is Do As I Do and you will be great......................... If only I just ran faster i could beat Usain Bolt.  Escape Button Please.

• Like 1

Yeah, thinking allowing paying money/in game currency will not be healthy for anyone in the playerbase. (To complete quests). Opens us up to very slippery and predatory practices from developer. 

Some kind of dynamic difficulty would be a better solution in these main story quests. I find it hard to believe DE designed these fights to take someone hours of time to pass. These likely were meant to be 10-15 min max. So, if I die several times, offer the player an easier scaling, or have the game dynamically adjust based on certain perimeters.

With something like this in place, content could be tuned to be more difficult actually, catering more to those that find the challenge refreshing, and giving more flexibility for those just wanting to experience the story. Put in some effort, before it scales down.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

well given your greed instantaneously on show.... you'd just strip my account bare...............  there is WAY WAY more then 500pl in it  WAY WAY WAY more

Trading is locked out for the quest anyways. So all they need to get you past the Archons and you stuff is still safe.

3 minutes ago, BloodRavenCap said:

That's the thing, they are not difficult and don't require any "skill", they are just really boring, take a lot of time, thus, become annoying.

I never understood the complaining about forced stealth in other games, because usually they are short and implemented to give the player a little room to breathe. Also, you have some instruments to distract the guards.

Here, not only the stealth is long, but it takes too long to die and you can't even distract the guards. It's not only barebones, it's also overstays its welcome.

hard agree, it was a very flawed bit at the design level.  Like on one hand I want to say congrats on trying something new and failing, but that's like 90% of what they do, throw 100 things at the wall and 10 stick, then never fix anything busted in the game, just leave it until people get tired of complaining and either get numb or uninstall.

There are ways to make stealth gameplay awesome.  Love me some MGSV.  Total masterpiece.  This?  Full on garbage section return to sender.  The idea was solid, the execution left SO MUCH to be desired... and it's not like they didn't have good teachers.  MGSV, and by extension, AC, FC, and tons of other stealth games have been modelling this for ages and have it refined to a yearly cycle of reskinned garbage that still manages to sell because the core gameplay works well.  How they didn't even bother to figure out why those work and instead did a knock off that didn't doesn't make much sense.  Reminds me of liches and how they were meant to emulate Shadows of Mordor and turned into the chinese knock off action figure version "Bantman".  It's like... you were so close to greatness, but somehow missed the entire point of what made it good to begin with...  Such is DE though, it's kinda their thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

I have been a gamer since the 70's and have played a TON of games. Due to physical limitations of my hands I can't complete the Archon fights.

Didn't think of that, did ya?

3 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

The only people legitimately struggling are those with motor function/physical disability issues. Everyone outside of that needs to change their approach.

👌

P.S: I've suggested in previous threads that Hunhow has the Stalker step in to assist during the fight for people in your situation. Personally I don't think they should be nerfed at all, just some sort of assist added. Otherwise if they were to be nerfed into the ground they will loose their narrative purpose.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 7

Ouch, this really sucks, because if I remember once he starts shooting the Lotus he doesn't let up until you deplete the current chunk of his health bar.  Even doing it with a half-decent amp I had to retry it once or twice to make sure that I was ready to start shooting Ballas the instant he started shooting the Lotus.

I'm guessing there's no other mechanics?  No way to block or deflect his beam?  Do headshots do more damage or anything?  Does being closer to him do more damage?  I'm feeling for you, friend.

7 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

👌

P.S: I've suggested in previous threads that Hunhow has the Stalker step in to assist during the fight for people in your situation. Personally I don't think they should be nerfed at all, just some sort of assist added. Otherwise if they were to be nerfed into the ground they will loose their narrative purpose.

Something like Hades God Mode (additional DR) may be helpful too. Maybe have it kick in after dying X amount of times? 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Ouch, this really sucks, because if I remember once he starts shooting the Lotus he doesn't let up until you deplete the current chunk of his health bar.  Even doing it with a half-decent amp I had to retry it once or twice to make sure that I was ready to start shooting Ballas the instant he started shooting the Lotus.

I'm guessing there's no other mechanics?  No way to block or deflect his beam?  Do headshots do more damage or anything?  Does being closer to him do more damage?  I'm feeling for you, friend.

I tried it all I just had to open a ticket I don't mind if i have todo the whole DLC over since it was a fun story todo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah you are Definitely Stuck....

How did something like this even slip Through the Cracks ? 🤔

Did DE not think people were going to use The More Amp ?

tbh... the More amp is .... pretty bad, and most sane person probably woudln't have passed the sacrifice with it.

Soadrox4 and I did, the difference is that I went got my self a new amp after that, but he didn't.

• Like 3

Sorry if I sound rude , but... What were you thinking ? 

Did the sacrifice quest not frustrate you enough to build at least one amp to make the quest manageable ?

Or did you think it would get easier with the same gear.

Keeping my general disappointment aside. Have you tried positioning the warframe between lotus and ballas to soak up the damage? I can't recollect if it's even possible.

But if not , you have truly walked into an anthill naked. And you have mostly yourself to blame.

But to be fair , DE really should have better checks as well.

An abort option for players like OP would make sense. 

• Like 7