Wish Can Quit New War

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Sorry if I sound rude , but... What were you thinking ? 

Did the sacrifice quest not frustrate you enough to build at least one amp to make the quest manageable ?

Or did you think it would get easier with the same gear.

Keeping my general disappointment aside. Have you tried positioning the warframe between lotus and ballas to soak up the damage? I can't recollect if it's even possible.

But if not , you have truly walked into an anthill naked. And you have mostly yourself to blame.

But to be fair , DE really should have better checks as well.

An abort option for players like OP would make sense. 

The sacrifice quest quest wasn't bad at all with the mote amp. I didn't think something like this would of slipped between the cracks.

• Like 1

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

Did the sacrifice quest not frustrate you enough to build at least one amp to make the quest manageable ?

Or did you think it would get easier with the same gear.

Keeping my general disappointment aside. Have you tried positioning the warframe between lotus and ballas to soak up the damage? I can't recollect if it's even possible.

But if not , you have truly walked into an anthill naked. And you have mostly yourself to blame.

But to be fair , DE really should have better checks as well.

An abort option for players like OP would make sense. 

You can't, standing between the beam and Lotus will just get you stun and just "dies" returned to warframe

5 minutes ago, Innosin said:

tbh... the More amp is .... pretty bad, and most sane person probably woudln't have passed the sacrifice with it.

I did.... I mean it was a God awful Miserable time that has ruined that quest for me forever but I did clear The Sacrifice with my Void Beam....

Yes that's right... I didn't even have a Mote Amp for the Sacrifice...did it with my Bare Hands...

6 minutes ago, Innosin said:

Soadrox4 and I did, the difference is that I went got my self a new amp after that, but he didn't.

Yeah I got a 2-2-3 After The Sacrifice... 

BTW Magus lockdown works on Umbra 😱

9 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

But if not , you have truly walked into an anthill naked. And you have mostly yourself to blame

I disagree..this one is on DE....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Soadrox4 said:

I mean one mote charge gets him down to a tick left if they were just to lower the health on each health bar by like 30 the mote amp can work lol

that is something DE can probably adjust without too much testing/debugging.

maybe send in a ticket and explain your situation with using the vanilla amp.

11 minutes ago, Soadrox4 said:

I did and did them all with the mote amp

You beat an tridolon with a mote amp ? Cool then I don't think you should have any problems with ballas.

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I disagree..this one is on DE....

Partially, yes , but it's also on the player to have a bit of common sense.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You beat an tridolon with a mote amp ? Cool then I don't think you should have any problems with ballas.

Leaving aside the question of whether there was a communication failure over what that "all" was supposed to mean ("all the content that exists" or "all the content I tried"), this issue boils down to:

Is it mathematically possible to do enough damage to Ballas in eight seconds with a Mote Amp?

and

If the answer is "yes", what are the assumptions in terms of Focus tree progression, reaction time, etc. underlying that "yes"?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I believe you are misinterpreting OP's reply.  OP is not saying he did all of the side content, they're saying they did do "any side content" and all of the side content they did they used the Mote.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grommile said:

Leaving aside the question of whether there was a communication failure over what that "all" was supposed to mean ("all the content that exists" or "all the content I tried"), this issue boils down to:

Is it mathematically possible to do enough damage to Ballas in eight seconds with a Mote Amp?

and

If the answer is "yes", what are the assumptions in terms of Focus tree progression, reaction time, etc. underlying that "yes"?

Thats the issue, todo enough damage in that time the lotus regens her shields but not health so if I get past one phase her HP varies depending on yellow crits i hit. She can sometimes survive with over 2k health left but most of the time she has less then 500 health

43 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I have to agree

We knew the quest was going to involve Operators again, & keeping the Mote amp for such a long time was a really bad idea in the first place

Tho right now it's kinda too late, so the least DE could do would be to buff the Mote amp to at least 1,000 damage per shot

@Soadrox4, can you go back to your Orbiter? If so try to unequip the amp & see how much damage the void beam does. Even if it ends up worse it's worth a shot

Edited by -Krism-
brain no work good
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

I have to agree

We knew the quest was going to involve Operators again, & keeping the Mote amp for such a long time was a really bad idea in the first place

Tho right now it's kinda too late, so the least DE could do would be to buff the Mote amp to at least 1,000 damage per shot

@Soadrox4, can you go back to your Orbiter? If so try to unequip the amp & see how much damage the void beam does. Even if it ends up worse it's worth a shot

Nope only option is to close the game. To my negligence I didn't read to much into the whole story for new war and went in blind my clan just told me before hand have a necramech and railjack.

13 minutes ago, Grommile said:

and

Which is the point I am trying to make , I am trying to determine if this was a genuine mistake or the OP was just lacking any focus (pun intended) for the operator.

Also , Considering there is a very small number of players that have started the quest with a mote amp (and it is not replayable) , we can only rely on OPs description of how effective the mote is , but I expect it would be about a third as effective as the weakest possible amp that can be built.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I believe you are misinterpreting OP's reply.  OP is not saying he did all of the side content, they're saying they did do "any side content" and all of the side content they did they used the Mote.

Let the OP reply by himself , no need to make assumptions on anyone's behalf .

4 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

I have to agree

We knew the quest was going to involve Operators again, & keeping the Mote amp for such a long time was really bad idea in the place

DE needs to add some mechanic that makes the fight bearable like progressively making the damage from enemies weaker or the players damage stronger., or let clearly unprepared players abort .

Dmg from the Mote is varys to much most of the time I cannot make it through the first phase some times I do get random crits depending If I can hit 2 or 3 I can make it to the next phase the recharge is so bad if I don't finish him before my energy is depleted it is a wipe. The Mote amp is so random on damage it is luck if i can make it past the first phase the farthest i made it was on the third bar.

Especially considering how open-minded and positive OP is being and how they're clearly still trying and haven't given up, I find it pretty gross that so many people are trying to blame OP for their situation.  If a player's equipment is literally not mathematically strong enough to beat a quest, and you are locked out of improving your equipment once the quest has been started, then the player shouldn't be allowed to enter into an impossible situation that locks them out of the rest of the game.  That's on DE.

Improving your equipment should make content easier, it shouldn't make it possible.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Especially considering how open-minded and positive OP is being and how they're clearly still trying and haven't given up, I find it pretty gross that so many people are trying to blame OP for their situation.  If a player's equipment is literally not mathematically strong enough to beat a quest, and you are locked out of improving your equipment once the quest has been started, then the player shouldn't be allowed to enter into an impossible situation that locks them out of the rest of the game.  That's on DE.

Improving your equipment should make content easier, it shouldn't make it possible.

Thank you lol I will admit I am a noob still with this game. Just recently started actually looking into builds and warframes since me and my clan were just playing this to past downtime in Destiny but actually liked it and still learning but all good I did submit a ticket just waiting to see now

• Like 2

When using a rechargable weapon, don't discharge it completely. It will recharge faster if the battery isn't empty.

Spoiler

When the quest is over, consider building a 111 amp. It is fantastic improvement over the Mote amp.

Everything is cheaper now too. Look for "Amp Recipe Reductions" and more.

Edited by LillyRaccune

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

idk if you've noticed, but we're trying to find solutions

Other than the obvious, like go for headshots as much as possible or try to speedrun it by anticipating Ballas' actions, I don't have any idea

Do you have the energy bubble on your Operator? 'Cause it works on amps ammo, recharging them faster

• Like 1

Whelp at this point I kinda find this scenario amusing, not because I'm not sympathetic to it 

But because I'd finally gotten to the point that I didn't think the implementation of this quest could go anymore sideways

Like they stripped so much of this game out of this game that nothing mattered, but I guess they expected the player base to pay attention the the most notoriously neglected segment of the game and for one of the weakest boss interactions of the quest. 

That they apparently didn't scale this in anticipation of a mote is boggling

• Like 9