Wish Can Quit New War

4 hours ago, mrEkli said:

Any AV nerd in here? Is there any HDTV that lags more than a capture card? Could it be interpolation options?

Unless it's a very specific hardware issue in the device most TVs (HD or not) that you hook up directly will have negligible lag though it can go in the 100ms range at most but usually much less than that where it's not noticeable to an average human .

A capture card can very easily double that lag and in case of actual capture make it significantly worse where it is noticeable to human reflexes.

This really depends on the combination of source and destination devices , the type of connectors used (HDMI /DP/DVI etc) the quality of the video (4k ? 1080? 720 ?) And the frame rate (30/60/120) 

There is also possibility of any one of the components degrading or being defective.

There are quite a few factors to consider here. 

@(NSW)asbestosisgoodi am sorry for your situation. But me being sorry or you being frustrated at every single person that responds in this thread to ascertain your problems in their face will not help.  If I look at your case by itself here is what occurs to me  

1) you are having moderate physical limitations making use of controllers difficult , not sure if you also have visual impairments.

2) You are no spring chicken so your reflexes and ability to learn is terrible.

3) You are using a game system not ideal for your disabilities , it could actually be one of the worst options for one such as you , tiny screen , tiny controllers buttons , uncomfortable mapping. 

4) You have a setup that may (or may not) add lag that will only worsen your experience due to the combination of disability and controller discomfort. And you are disinclined to change it cause it impacts your occupation.

5) You have managed to stumble through the game so far despite of these issues in the past.

6) You do not like bows.

Notice how so far I have not even talked about the quest itself in any way. I have only talked about you and your situation.

You don't want any more advice ? Fine you are free to ignore it , as a matter of fact I suggest you take a break from the forums as well. Engage with your work , spend some (virtual ) time with your grandchildren. Just stay away from the thing that frustrates you without helping you.

At this moment (more than a month since you have been facing the issues ) you have said all you could , others have given all the advice they could , and you have done all you possibly could or confirmed that you are unable or unwilling to do what is suggested (whatever the reason for it may be) 

There is nothing more to say , except maybe to wait for DE (there is a workshop this week) to address it. They will either acknowledge it as an issue or they will not.

If they do not , only one of two things can happen , you can take the route of insanity and hope things change while you rage rage against the dying of the light or go gentle into that good night.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

.... Kept coming back in case someone somewhere might have the answer to ME.

Strange way to go about it though. Everything anyone has mentioned has been shot down by you without ever trying. Every single thing every single time. I've even personally mentioned about the fact that remapping the controls might be beneficial for you a while ago. Now you even thanked someone to provide you a link that spells that exact thing out. In other words, you couldn't even be bothered to look stuff up on it but needed it handed to you on a silver tray.

You claim to want help but if you had spend even a tenth of the time you spend on posting comments on the forum on getting your Switch hooked up without the capture card you might have finished the quest weeks ago. First it's your physical condition (eye hand coordination) which has recently been elaborating upon to have some incomplete fingers. The point remains, that unless your condition worsened since playing TWW it shouldn't make a difference.

Then you mentioned playing through a capture card. People asking if you tried without it because that might be giving you lag.

My office space where I work and gameplay is rather tight so is sort off built in,before i dismantle my set up to rewire etc I need to have a quiet work period

You also stated that you are 67 years old combine that with your office being at home and your set up also there for your work as well as hobbies (records) and the entire 'work' thing becomes kind of shakey as a reason not to be able to find the time to try stuff out. Especially seeing that you have no issues spending hours on the forum but can't possibly find a spare hour or two , even on a weekend, to play without the capture card. This doesn't sound like a man that really wants to get past the quest but someone that just wants to moan and wail.

You joined the forum on December 18th and your very first post was to complain about not being able to get past the quest. In other words you have had over a month to try to get past the quest, claiming to be trying several times a day at times, posting hundreds of post decrying about it but you didn't possibly find the time to just reroute your switch to connect directly to your TV or to actually try any of the other things mentioned and give feedback what it did for you BUT you do come on here expecting someone having an answer for YOU.

When someone mentions that seeing that you have a capture card in the loop anyways, to record it and post it somewhere so some helpful soul could give it a gander so as to provide some insight what you could do differently.... you dismiss it because.... euh.... oh yeah.. it would just be used to make fun of you. Which says a whole lot more about you then it does about this community.

Unless you start giving feedback, giving us the same respect as that you passive aggressively demand of us, trying stuff out instead of making excuses as well as loose that chip on your shoulder, I'm done mate. As it stands I can't help but think that you just want to wallow in a pity party or even post just to stir the pot. In my book you have lost all credibility.

• Like 10

@(NSW)asbestosisgood

Hi, me again. I don't know if you consider me a troll by now from what I've said to others, despite my efforts to advise and address your situation before.

But remember you worked on it and got yourself to that struggle input before. The fact you failed the struggle because the control wasn't set up how you thought is unfortunate, but it proved you can get there, and if you can get to that halfway mark, you just need to do a second round of the same - no more new mechanics or anything - to get that kill.

Here's a refresher on that initial advice if you need it.

Spoiler

Okay.

What I recommend first is not taking the fight as a complete task. You're getting burned by doing things all together, so take a step back and make use of your persistence.

Take some of your attempts and practice purely staying on the move and evading attacks. Find out which Archons you can evade most easily, with less rolling (as you need to be not-rolling to get your shots off). I can't say much about Nira as she was my third, free-kill Archon, but Amar and Boreal should be mostly easy to dodge with their attacks quite telegraphed, so long as you try to keep distance.

Do the same for practicing offense, without worrying too much about evasion - each of them are somewhat different, Nira seems to be the most annoying mix of teleporting and aerial activity, Amar sticks to the ground, Boreal is airborne but less aggressively mobile than Nira.

Put them together only once you're used to each and then you can judge which two Archons you're most comfortable tackling as Drifter (also consider the ease of reacting to heal abilities, detailed later)

If you're having trouble tracking the Archon due to the teleportation, try putting a waypoint marker on it. This could free you up from needing Radar for Boreal or Nira, but you may still want it for countering Amar's heal.

If it's possible, you may consider re-binding your abilities to directly cast for the sake of the fights. You will probably want Smoke for Boreal, Radar for Amar (countering their heals) and your healing for any of the three. Given that the bow is all you should need for a weapon, you could bind the abilities individually onto whatever serves as your Weapon Swap and Melee buttons - this means you won't need to stress about cycling ability selection in the heat of the moment, each of them are available reliably on different button inputs you can get used to.

Don't worry about timing Perfect Shots on the bow. Full charge is fine. Better to hold slightly too long and lose 10% damage than to hold slightly too little and ping off a basic non-critty arrow for 90% damage loss. However, I think any direct shot should be sufficient just to interrupt the healing? I don't believe you need to wind up a full shot for that, so you may prefer to plink a quick-shot for the interrupt and focus on putting distance back between you and the Archon for the sake of evasion.

DO pause if you start feeling strain in your hands or illness from the vertigo. You're probably not used to that feature from playing in squads all the time, but it's one of the biggest perks of solo missions. If your memory's iffy, maybe note down which Archon you're fighting and the main things to worry about (like the importance of healing ASAP if Nira procs Toxin on you, what the Archon's heal-ability looks like and what to do about it) so you can look at that for a reminder after your break, before you unpause and jump back into it.

As a reminder, the healing abilities, in order of clarity + ease of countering, are as follows:

BOREAL: Giant blue bubble pushes out as the boss stops attacking. Counter: Put down your Smoke Bomb close by and walk against the bubble, once the Stealth kicks in you enter freely. Pop an arrow into the boss and job done.

AMAR: Sudden teleport away and splits into many duplicates that just hover menacingly at you. Counter: Identify the correct one by any means including 'has daggers', 'looks at you', (possibly, unconfirmed) 'one still has a waypoint marker placed earlier' but especially intended: use Radar, the correct model will glow slightly and its Enemy Arrow shows on the minimap. Tap quick shots into the right one (or just hit each in the general area of the enemy arrow revealed by Radar) for the interrupt.

NIRA: The least visually distinct, Nira will start to spin her whip in a frontal blocking barrier while healing. Counter: Simply get behind her and lodge an arrow in her squishy unprotected parts to interrupt.

Personally, I'd expect Boreal and Amar to be the easiest to tackle from each standpoint, and leave Nira for when you can use your frame. But put that tenacity to use and figure out if that's right for you. Good luck.

Don't let the psychological pressure get to you. Not from these arguments, not from how long you've been facing the obstacle, not from the fact you're using a 'bow' which you are normally loath to use - the charged projectiles aren't as pinpoint as normal bows, it's more forgiving on the aim than those.

Even if you are having input lag issues like some are suspecting, as long as you can recognise and counter those healing abilities promptly, you stand to win a battle of attrition even if you're focusing more on survival than on dealing damage. The Archons are no threat to you when it's healing, so that interrupt is priority one.
As long as you don't get taken down in a string of unfortunate hits one after the other, you can back off and buy time for your heal, especially when the boss summons Sentients since it won't do anything else (attack or heal, plus is immune itself) as long as one of the summons is still left alive, allowing you to take cover and wait out the cooldowns of your ability, fully healing yourself before waking up the Archon to continue.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

@(NSW)asbestosisgood

Hi, me again. I don't know if you consider me a troll by now from what I've said to others, despite my efforts to advise and address your situation before.

But remember you worked on it and got yourself to that struggle input before. The fact you failed the struggle because the control wasn't set up how you thought is unfortunate, but it proved you can get there, and if you can get to that halfway mark, you just need to do a second round of the same - no more new mechanics or anything - to get that kill.

Here's a refresher on that initial advice if you need it.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay.

What I recommend first is not taking the fight as a complete task. You're getting burned by doing things all together, so take a step back and make use of your persistence.

Take some of your attempts and practice purely staying on the move and evading attacks. Find out which Archons you can evade most easily, with less rolling (as you need to be not-rolling to get your shots off). I can't say much about Nira as she was my third, free-kill Archon, but Amar and Boreal should be mostly easy to dodge with their attacks quite telegraphed, so long as you try to keep distance.

Do the same for practicing offense, without worrying too much about evasion - each of them are somewhat different, Nira seems to be the most annoying mix of teleporting and aerial activity, Amar sticks to the ground, Boreal is airborne but less aggressively mobile than Nira.

Put them together only once you're used to each and then you can judge which two Archons you're most comfortable tackling as Drifter (also consider the ease of reacting to heal abilities, detailed later)

If you're having trouble tracking the Archon due to the teleportation, try putting a waypoint marker on it. This could free you up from needing Radar for Boreal or Nira, but you may still want it for countering Amar's heal.

If it's possible, you may consider re-binding your abilities to directly cast for the sake of the fights. You will probably want Smoke for Boreal, Radar for Amar (countering their heals) and your healing for any of the three. Given that the bow is all you should need for a weapon, you could bind the abilities individually onto whatever serves as your Weapon Swap and Melee buttons - this means you won't need to stress about cycling ability selection in the heat of the moment, each of them are available reliably on different button inputs you can get used to.

Don't worry about timing Perfect Shots on the bow. Full charge is fine. Better to hold slightly too long and lose 10% damage than to hold slightly too little and ping off a basic non-critty arrow for 90% damage loss. However, I think any direct shot should be sufficient just to interrupt the healing? I don't believe you need to wind up a full shot for that, so you may prefer to plink a quick-shot for the interrupt and focus on putting distance back between you and the Archon for the sake of evasion.

DO pause if you start feeling strain in your hands or illness from the vertigo. You're probably not used to that feature from playing in squads all the time, but it's one of the biggest perks of solo missions. If your memory's iffy, maybe note down which Archon you're fighting and the main things to worry about (like the importance of healing ASAP if Nira procs Toxin on you, what the Archon's heal-ability looks like and what to do about it) so you can look at that for a reminder after your break, before you unpause and jump back into it.

As a reminder, the healing abilities, in order of clarity + ease of countering, are as follows:

BOREAL: Giant blue bubble pushes out as the boss stops attacking. Counter: Put down your Smoke Bomb close by and walk against the bubble, once the Stealth kicks in you enter freely. Pop an arrow into the boss and job done.

AMAR: Sudden teleport away and splits into many duplicates that just hover menacingly at you. Counter: Identify the correct one by any means including 'has daggers', 'looks at you', (possibly, unconfirmed) 'one still has a waypoint marker placed earlier' but especially intended: use Radar, the correct model will glow slightly and its Enemy Arrow shows on the minimap. Tap quick shots into the right one (or just hit each in the general area of the enemy arrow revealed by Radar) for the interrupt.

NIRA: The least visually distinct, Nira will start to spin her whip in a frontal blocking barrier while healing. Counter: Simply get behind her and lodge an arrow in her squishy unprotected parts to interrupt.

Personally, I'd expect Boreal and Amar to be the easiest to tackle from each standpoint, and leave Nira for when you can use your frame. But put that tenacity to use and figure out if that's right for you. Good luck.

Don't let the psychological pressure get to you. Not from these arguments, not from how long you've been facing the obstacle, not from the fact you're using a 'bow' which you are normally loath to use - the charged projectiles aren't as pinpoint as normal bows, it's more forgiving on the aim than those.

Even if you are having input lag issues like some are suspecting, as long as you can recognise and counter those healing abilities promptly, you stand to win a battle of attrition even if you're focusing more on survival than on dealing damage. The Archons are no threat to you when it's healing, so that interrupt is priority one.
As long as you don't get taken down in a string of unfortunate hits one after the other, you can back off and buy time for your heal, especially when the boss summons Sentients since it won't do anything else (attack or heal, plus is immune itself) as long as one of the summons is still left alive, allowing you to take cover and wait out the cooldowns of your ability, fully healing yourself before waking up the Archon to continue.

"As long as you don't get taken down in a string of unfortunate hits one after the other, you can back off and buy time for your heal" this best describes my constant and never ending struggle with this...I always at some point get into a cycle of "they find me" and take me it seemsfrom all sides. I try to get away take shelter hit heal( and no one has ever told me yet if it is my imagination, but to trigger heal do I NEED to be standing still, cos that is my experience and by the time i stand still hit heal  (say Boreal) leaps onto my bones,again, and strips me before i can even get the initial heal going. Fully accept this may all be me and my inabilities, and in my head now, but this is where i am so frustrated I get so far ,boom, get hut move roll,slide,roll, stop to heal ...boom, they are behind me. At some point i gotta be getting some hits in right? cos otherwise i will be in the Flying Dutcham game mode........forever. I watch the youtubes...and they seem to be playing at x 2 speed and movement compared to me.

2 hours ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

"As long as you don't get taken down in a string of unfortunate hits one after the other, you can back off and buy time for your heal" this best describes my constant and never ending struggle with this...I always at some point get into a cycle of "they find me" and take me it seemsfrom all sides. I try to get away take shelter hit heal( and no one has ever told me yet if it is my imagination, but to trigger heal do I NEED to be standing still, cos that is my experience and by the time i stand still hit heal  (say Boreal) leaps onto my bones,again, and strips me before i can even get the initial heal going. Fully accept this may all be me and my inabilities, and in my head now, but this is where i am so frustrated I get so far ,boom, get hut move roll,slide,roll, stop to heal ...boom, they are behind me. At some point i gotta be getting some hits in right? cos otherwise i will be in the Flying Dutcham game mode........forever. I watch the youtubes...and they seem to be playing at x 2 speed and movement compared to me.

as a ps since that struggle fail I have not even gotten back to that once. yet.

Oh and as for the T word with you, no cos you seem, genuine, not flip flopping between help and veiled hatred for my sullying of "the game" by even being here. and as yet you have avoided a trawl through the entire 70 something pages looking for out of context "edits" to throw at me.

5 hours ago, (PSN)kite9000 said:

Strange way to go about it though. Everything anyone has mentioned has been shot down by you without ever trying. Every single thing every single time. I've even personally mentioned about the fact that remapping the controls might be beneficial for you a while ago. Now you even thanked someone to provide you a link that spells that exact thing out. In other words, you couldn't even be bothered to look stuff up on it but needed it handed to you on a silver tray.

You claim to want help but if you had spend even a tenth of the time you spend on posting comments on the forum on getting your Switch hooked up without the capture card you might have finished the quest weeks ago. First it's your physical condition (eye hand coordination) which has recently been elaborating upon to have some incomplete fingers. The point remains, that unless your condition worsened since playing TWW it shouldn't make a difference.

Then you mentioned playing through a capture card. People asking if you tried without it because that might be giving you lag.

You also stated that you are 67 years old combine that with your office being at home and your set up also there for your work as well as hobbies (records) and the entire 'work' thing becomes kind of shakey as a reason not to be able to find the time to try stuff out. Especially seeing that you have no issues spending hours on the forum but can't possibly find a spare hour or two , even on a weekend, to play without the capture card. This doesn't sound like a man that really wants to get past the quest but someone that just wants to moan and wail.

You joined the forum on December 18th and your very first post was to complain about not being able to get past the quest. In other words you have had over a month to try to get past the quest, claiming to be trying several times a day at times, posting hundreds of post decrying about it but you didn't possibly find the time to just reroute your switch to connect directly to your TV or to actually try any of the other things mentioned and give feedback what it did for you BUT you do come on here expecting someone having an answer for YOU.

When someone mentions that seeing that you have a capture card in the loop anyways, to record it and post it somewhere so some helpful soul could give it a gander so as to provide some insight what you could do differently.... you dismiss it because.... euh.... oh yeah.. it would just be used to make fun of you. Which says a whole lot more about you then it does about this community.

Unless you start giving feedback, giving us the same respect as that you passive aggressively demand of us, trying stuff out instead of making excuses as well as loose that chip on your shoulder, I'm done mate. As it stands I can't help but think that you just want to wallow in a pity party or even post just to stir the pot. In my book you have lost all credibility.

You know i was sure my first post on warframe forums was not even on TNW. I asked a question in general topics about constantly getting  Russian  at sign on...but hey who knows. was so many mesages ago. TV thing already posted on it,I changed from that( TV) over 2 + years ago, because it seemed very laggy and have already stated this both recently and in the past.

I am not decrying anything,Have never ignored hints/tips/advice, tried them all but...this forum and its design and nature makes it rather hard for everyone to get a personal update. I actually took the mature view that those on here would undestand that no one in their right mind would come on here day after day,night after night take part and NOT try them.  That would be insanity and i assure you I am not that.  Have said this quite a few times,but,  here again, Warframe The game should take it as a massive compliment albeit from one old fart that is pretty poor at playing it in reality STILL wants to take part in it even after all this.  Whining ,never!!. You mistake my directness (a trait of my homeland) for something it is not.

AS to me "refusing" to do something that would mean major upheaval to my work life. my home life, my hobby life etc .The fact you view this as a refusal when in reality you have not the faintest idea of my situation other than your imagination of it, well, actually that say an awfull lot about you and others who share that same view I would suggest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

AS to me "refusing" to do something that would mean major upheaval to my work life. my home life, my hobby life etc ....actually that say an awfull lot about you and others who share that same view I would suggest.

So instead of doing the major upheaval to your work life etc so as to see if the suggestions provided would help you get past it... you rather keep repeating doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Isn't that what some consider the definition of insa....... never mind.

Trying to play the victim and portraying me in a bad light doesn't hold water if you rather keep putting on excuses instead of trying whatever it takes to actually getting things done.

Either you playing or not playing Warframe isn't that big of an issue which then begs the question why the hundreds of posts on the matter? Or it is something that sits in your craw in which case you take the time to get the best possible set up to try to get it done, even if it means you have to do a major upheaval, as you put it. You can't have it both ways.

Not doing what needs to be done leaves the impression that you are not wanting it to do it instead of being unable to do it, like you not wanting ... ah it all makes sense now.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Unless it's a very specific hardware issue in the device most TVs (HD or not) that you hook up directly will have negligible lag though it can go in the 100ms range at most but usually much less than that where it's not noticeable to an average human .

A capture card can very easily double that lag and in case of actual capture make it significantly worse where it is noticeable to human reflexes.

This really depends on the combination of source and destination devices , the type of connectors used (HDMI /DP/DVI etc) the quality of the video (4k ? 1080? 720 ?) And the frame rate (30/60/120) 

There is also possibility of any one of the components degrading or being defective.

There are quite a few factors to consider here. 

@(NSW)asbestosisgoodi am sorry for your situation. But me being sorry or you being frustrated at every single person that responds in this thread to ascertain your problems in their face will not help.  If I look at your case by itself here is what occurs to me  

1) you are having moderate physical limitations making use of controllers difficult , not sure if you also have visual impairments.

2) You are no spring chicken so your reflexes and ability to learn is terrible.

3) You are using a game system not ideal for your disabilities , it could actually be one of the worst options for one such as you , tiny screen , tiny controllers buttons , uncomfortable mapping. 

4) You have a setup that may (or may not) add lag that will only worsen your experience due to the combination of disability and controller discomfort. And you are disinclined to change it cause it impacts your occupation.

5) You have managed to stumble through the game so far despite of these issues in the past.

6) You do not like bows.

Notice how so far I have not even talked about the quest itself in any way. I have only talked about you and your situation.

You don't want any more advice ? Fine you are free to ignore it , as a matter of fact I suggest you take a break from the forums as well. Engage with your work , spend some (virtual ) time with your grandchildren. Just stay away from the thing that frustrates you without helping you.

At this moment (more than a month since you have been facing the issues ) you have said all you could , others have given all the advice they could , and you have done all you possibly could or confirmed that you are unable or unwilling to do what is suggested (whatever the reason for it may be) 

There is nothing more to say , except maybe to wait for DE (there is a workshop this week) to address it. They will either acknowledge it as an issue or they will not.

If they do not , only one of two things can happen , you can take the route of insanity and hope things change while you rage rage against the dying of the light or go gentle into that good night.

That's fair, although I make take issue that I stumbled through it all................... I taxi'd bits yes, Lua Spy and me were never ever going to be solo buddies, but I used my wits,and the skills i do have to progrress and during my time help noobs whan i could at every turn. Otherwise. 9.5/10.

Advice or different takes greatly welcomed but be aware everyone, it's not alwys possible find the tips at times never mind respond to them,if i have some days off, and miss them.

1 hour ago, (PSN)kite9000 said:

So instead of doing the major upheaval to your work life etc so as to see if the suggestions provided would help you get past it... you rather keep repeating doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Isn't that what some consider the definition of insa....... never mind.

Trying to play the victim and portraying me in a bad light doesn't hold water if you rather keep putting on excuses instead of trying whatever it takes to actually getting things done.

Either you playing or not playing Warframe isn't that big of an issue which then begs the question why the hundreds of posts on the matter? Or it is something that sits in your craw in which case you take the time to get the best possible set up to try to get it done, even if it means you have to do a major upheaval, as you put it. You can't have it both ways.

Not doing what needs to be done leaves the impression that you are not wanting it to do it instead of being unable to do it, like you not wanting ... ah it all makes sense now.

So instead of doing the major upheaval to your work life etc.............. wow!  it's a game tenno it's a game, that other stuff is the important bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

I try to get away take shelter hit heal( and no one has ever told me yet if it is my imagination, but to trigger heal do I NEED to be standing still, cos that is my experience

no, I spent the majority of both the Boreal then Amar fight running in circles healing myself over and over, sometimes getting setbacks when the boss would take a whack at me, all while healing at the same time whenever it became possible. I can 100% confirm I was healing and running for most of those fights.

I also only attacked after throwing a smokebomb close to an area of high ground (so the bomb would cover that area) getting onto high ground, then plinking fully charged shots at the boss.

There were viable spots for both encounters with both bosses. You just had to make sure they didn't get up on the high ground when they could see you and chase you up there, throw the bomb first then get on the high ground it was covering. This alleviated the feeling that they could see through the smoke. If anything they were just laying out an aoe/charge/whatever in my general direction.

Edit: this is not meant as good advice, I am not a great player. It's just how I did it.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

no, I spent the majority of both the Boreal then Amar fight running in circles healing myself over and over, sometimes getting setbacks when the boss would take a whack at me, all while healing at the same time whenever it became possible. I can 100% confirm I was healing and running for most of those fights.

I also only attacked after throwing a smokebomb close to an area of high ground (so the bomb would cover that area) getting onto high ground, then plinking fully charged shots at the boss.

There were viable spots for both encounters with both bosses. You just had to make sure they didn't get up on the high ground when they could see you and chase you up there, throw the bomb first then get on the high ground it was covering. This alleviated the feeling that they could see through the smoke. If anything they were just laying out an aoe/charge/whatever in my general direction.

Edit: this is not meant as good advice, I am not a great player. It's just how I did it.

👍👍👍 + can you tell me..............Do I HAVE to be stationary to hit,and trigger healing ? I have asked several times but no one confirmed ( that i saw anyway)

Just now, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

👍👍👍 + can you tell me..............Do I HAVE to be stationary to hit,and trigger healing ? I have asked several times but no one confirmed ( that i saw anyway)

no. As I said I can personally vouch for the fact that you can be running as fast as possible and hit your healing button and have it heal you. All without stopping. Movement has no bearing on your ability to activate your self heal and be healed by it.

I hope that helps you.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

no. As I said I can personally vouch for the fact that you can be running as fast as possible and hit your healing button and have it heal you. All without stopping. Movement has no bearing on your ability to activate your self heal and be healed by it.

I hope that helps you.

Now I have found that I cannot activate healing whilst moving. I have to , stop and do it, which is not helpfull to say the least.....hmmm wonder if that is MY Pro Controller or all Pro Controllers, or me, with the way I am trying to initiate( pressing poorly) healing.  Interesting.  TY

15 hours ago, mrEkli said:

Any AV nerd in here? Is there any HDTV that lags more than a capture card? Could it be interpolation options?

If the TV has a game mode (Normally has to be manually enabled or selected), motion interpolation and image-enhancing features are turned off to decrease input lag (The loss in picture quality is why some people don't like to use it). Most modern TV's feature a game mode that decreases IL to 16ms-20ms, which is fine and barely noticeable for non-competitive 30fps-60fps games. High-end TV's go as low as 2ms.

For a TV not to have a game mode we are looking at something from 2013 or older.

If there's no dedicated game mode, turning off as many image-enhancing features as possible will help, but will likely not go under 40ms of input lag (Anything over 28 starts to become noticeable). Motion interpolation on its own usually increases input lag to 80ms or 90ms; It's masochism to play a game with that option on even though it makes the image "look" like it's running at higher frames per second.

Don't know about the capture card they're using, but I doubt it goes under 60ms of IL unless it's a dedicated gaming capture card such as Elgato considering how most capture cards work (They are generally designed for video archiving and recording and not for gaming, thus, IL is not a design consideration). Elgato and competitors like Avermedia and Razer are the only exceptions to this. They do IL at TV game mode levels, if not better. If @(NSW)asbestosisgoodis already using an Elgato or similar then there's not much they can do to improve input lag because they are already using very good equipment. Otherwise, their capture card is likely to have more IL than their TV.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

Now I have found that I cannot activate healing whilst moving. I have to , stop and do it, which is not helpfull to say the least.....hmmm wonder if that is MY Pro Controller or all Pro Controllers, or me, with the way I am trying to initiate( pressing poorly) healing.  Interesting.  TY

From what I recall, you should be able to activate (commence) the heal ability whilst moving (provided no other major locking animations are in progress e.g. being in the middle of a roll) but if I remember correctly the ability animation (process) forces walk speed which, if previously sprinting around, may potentially feel like a limitation - especially if there is input lag at play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

Do I HAVE to be stationary to hit,and trigger healing ? I have asked several times but no one confirmed ( that i saw anyway)

I'm fairly certain that I confirmed that you can move and heal weeks ago, but eh 🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

Have never ignored hints/tips/advice

Oh goodie! I assume that you, with that attitude, are finally open to answering my questions, then ^^

On 2022-01-06 at 10:29 PM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

So here's what we're gonna do, you and me and anyone else who wants to join in.

We're gonna ask you some specific questions to help suss out any small tip that might help you get through this. If you want that help, and I assume you do since you've not given up, I want you to give direct answers to those questions. Because while you've undoubtedly heard a lot of hints and tips by now, the way you currently describe your situation always makes it hard to figure out any little part where something can be improved.

You've said you've done multiple tries against all 3 of the Archons, so:

1. Is there anyone of them whose heal you have trouble interrupting?
  2. Whose heal do you find easiest and hardest to interrupt?
  3. Ignoring their healing, which Archon do you have the easiest and hardest time fighting?

Starting with those three questions, we can figure out which Archon you should be focusing on beating first. As you might've heard, you only need to beat two of them as Drifter, so there's no need to alternate between the three. Better to beat the least difficult one, then the second least.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

FOR GOD'S SAKE CAN SOMEONE LOCK THIS THREAD ? It's becoming the lair of an entire troll tribe 🙄

And please (NSW)asbestosisgood, stop FEEDING THE TROLLS, the more food you give them, the more hungry they become1

1 / I know it, I'm an half Uzko Troll

Or, the devs could address the issue. But, that would just solve the issue and give them a real reason to lock the thread. Honestly, I would have just posted an update, locked the thread, and started referring new threads to the post. Take so much less time, solves the issue (or gives those with the issue a reason to watch the dev stream where they plan to address, if that's their choice), and quiets the pitchfork mafia, myself included.

Edited by J-Umbra
english
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J-Umbra said:

Or, the devs could address the issue. But, that would just solve the issue and give them a real reason to lock the thread. Honestly, I would have just posted an update, locked the thread, and started referring new threads to the post. Take so much less time, solves the issue (or gives those with the issue to watch the dev stream where they plan to address, if that's their choice), and quiets the pitchfork mafia, myself included.

Friendly reminder that the amount of people having legit trouble with the quest (and not, say, "I have no interest in completing it right now") might just be so few that DE can't be bothered to fix it, possibly because doing so would be a monetary net loss.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Friendly reminder that the amount of people having legit trouble with the quest (and not, say, "I have no interest in completing it right now") might just be so few that DE can't be bothered to fix it, possibly because doing so would be a monetary net loss.

The steam numbers show otherwise. Keep trolling, it is cute
3 days ago -6.8%
This morning -8%
I bet itll be in the 10s by the end of the month

Edited by J-Umbra
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, J-Umbra said:

3 days ago -6.8%
This morning -8%

The steam numbers show you're looking at it from a very narrow perspective to find something that fits your view. The steam numbers had a huge surge right at the day of the update, something that's very much expected, after which the steam numbers gradually declined to hover around the average, something that's also very much expected. But if we wanna play it in that cute way of yours, we see that the numbers are actually up 9.5% since Nov 1. Why, I guess that means Warframe's seen a net gain of players since then!

giphy.gif

• Like 13

1 hour ago, J-Umbra said:

3 days ago -6.8%
This morning -8%

Explain how this steam numbers show something from me, my friend or any player that doesn't use steam to play Warframe (standalone launcher exists)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, J-Umbra said:

3 days ago -6.8%
This morning -8%

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#1y

Almost every year, there's a player spike in December from 90k-100k players that decreases to 70k-60k in January. There's nothing out of the ordinary with current numbers and historical data. They can lose 15K additional players in 5 days and still be within historical margins for January.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#1y

Almost every year, there's a player spike in December from 90k-100k players that decreases to 70k-60k in January. There's nothing out of the ordinary with current numbers and historical data. They can lose 15K additional players in 5 days and still be within historical margins for January.

Haha yea it's another one of those "Warframe is dying" fruitcakes. Just ignore them. 

• Like 9