Rare fish in Orb Vallis not counting towards Nightwave

7 hours ago, tatsz said:

This feels really bad, since I'm just a little bit off next level and I only have Venus Fisher available right now :(.

Same here, been getting a lot of new warframes from the resurgence but my luck with sorties is really bad and now i cant even farm cred for more potatoes :(

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into this bug today. Remembered when I ran across it with Cetus fishing, I found a thread saying you can force the old Plains by replaying Saya's Vigil quest. Thought "Maybe this works with Fortuna too." It does.
Basically, Nightwave fishing bugged?
Cetus Fishing: Replay Saya's Vigil.
Fortuna Fishing: Replay Vox Solaris.

Hope this helps.

Just a refresh of the topic. Rare servofish still not counting.

Replaying the quests is, well, annoying. Same for looking for people and begging for their help just to complete Nightwave objective.

Edited by EienNoArashi

I did this the last time it was up (one or two weeks ago, I think...) and I was able to get fish from the cave at the top of the map which registered.... and yes it was the new map and I didn't have any quest working. 

If you didn't try there, maybe try there and see if it works.  I was invite only having gone straight from landing craft to open world and used ivara.

• Like 1

I was able to get the Nightwave objective today. 

As LSG501 wrote above, just load to Orb Vallis directly from Orbiter and it should work (not via Fortuna). I was fishing Tromyzon's in Solo mode. 

Edited by EienNoArashi
  • Like 1

Finished New War a few days after it dropped, I've had no issues with the rare servofish BUT my boyfriend did NW at the same time and his Nightwave is bugged. Today we went and got him 6 of as many different types of rare servofish in Orb Vallis but when he caught them they'd be listed as 'basic', and also not count.

Pic attached - I'm still new so idk if this is like...a basic version of a rare Tromyzon? I couldn't find any info on a basic Tromyzon on the wiki though

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Spiritwaifu said:

a basic version of a rare Tromyzon? I couldn't find any info on a basic Tromyzon on the wiki though

There is Basic, Adorned, and Magnificent. All three types count towards a "rare fish", the only difference is how many spare components you get from each fish.

Did you try the suggestion of entering Orb Valley from your ship and not from Fortuna?

20 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

There is Basic, Adorned, and Magnificent. [...] Did you try the suggestion of entering Orb Valley from your ship and not from Fortuna?

Oh that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up!

He just tried going in directly from his orbiter and the Tromyzons spawned like normal with bait, but the Nightwave is still bugged and didn't count any of them. We caught 6 just now

1 hour ago, Spiritwaifu said:

Oh that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up!

He just tried going in directly from his orbiter and the Tromyzons spawned like normal with bait, but the Nightwave is still bugged and didn't count any of them. We caught 6 just now

Get your bf to try doing it solo, it could be bugging out because there are two of you.  You don't say who is host so it could be that he's bugging out because you are host and he is connecting to your OV session, client 'bugs' have been a long standing issue in warframe. 

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Get your bf to try doing it solo, it could be bugging out because there are two of you.  You don't say who is host so it could be that he's bugging out because you are host and he is connecting to your OV session, client 'bugs' have been a long standing issue in warframe. 

We've tried it both ways, we get the same result whether we're together or if he goes in solo. I think the only thing we can try now is going in with someone hosting who hasn't gone through NW, problem is all our friends have already done it soooo rip

Im not sure what is going on but worked today.

I did the new plains fishing then returned to do the recovered orb valis fishing and both worked. Im not sure what was different but afaik was the same as last week.