Rare fish in Orb Vallis not counting towards Nightwave

I've caught several Tromyzons and Charamotes now, but none of them are counting as rare for me. The Plains fishing worked for me. I'm gonna try rebooting the game in a moment, but this is a mildly infuriating glitch. :(

Edited to say rebooting worked at first, but then I started getting shot at by the exploiter orb, and once I ran out of its line of sight and back to my fishing spot, the Tromyzons were no longer counting as rare fish. : /

Edited by catandlenny

Can confirm that Tromyzon and Charamotes still not counting today. Previously I had to go to a Steel Path instance, but that didn't work this time. I have completed the New War.

While this issue still exists, this worked for me.

Start Saya's Vigil

Complete the first step (not sure if this was needed) which is akes about 5 minutes.

Once back at your orbiter, change group type to solo

Travel straight to The plains, bypassing Cetus, and start fishing and or mining.  Obviously, do this at night for the fish.

Both Nightmares completed for me this way.  Good luck and I hope DE fixes the issue soon 

So I tried the plains fishing and it didn’t work, saw that the plains were different after new war so it didn’t count and thought marmer missions are only during day so maybe night would still count as plains so I tried fishing at night and it counted, hopefully that works for others as well.

Managed to catch a lot of Charamotes and Synathids yesterday, but none of them counted towards Venus Fisher.

On the plains just now I didn't have this issue and Earth Fisher was completed easily. Strange. And yes, I'm post New War as well.

Edited by Zyxazad

15 hours ago, Zyxazad said:

Managed to catch a lot of Charamotes and Synathids yesterday, but none of them counted towards Venus Fisher.

On the plains just now I didn't have this issue and Earth Fisher was completed easily. Strange. And yes, I'm post New War as well.

As someone noted above going straight to Orb Vallis from the orbiter worked. I went to a solo instance but this issue doesn't seem straight forward so might not work for everyone.

On 2021-12-23 at 6:05 PM, (PSN)Crunkwad385 said:

Rare fish in the Orb Vallis are not counting towards Venus Fisher Nightwave act post New War, tested in both warm and cold weather.

It seems that for me at least, what causes this is going out onto the plains or the vallis from Cetus or Fortuna. Going to the open world from the orbiter fixes my problem, but that may not be the case for everyone. When I attempted replaying Saya's Vigil or Vox Solaris, it does put you onto the old versions of the respective maps however the bait doesn't appear in the gear wheel so this work around seems to be hit or miss. Good luck friends, let's hope this is fixed soon because it is still pretty annoying.

I just found a guaranteed solution to this bug,

Firstly the bug is cause by entering a post-New War Orb Valis or post-New War Plans of Eidolon.

I found someone who hasn't done The New War quest, got them to be host and join them. Since they were host I was ported to a pre-New War Fortuna and a pre-New War Orb Valis. I got my 6 rare fish and they all registerd like they used to.

It's not an elegant solution, but it works.

I just found a guaranteed solution to this bug,

Firstly the bug is cause by entering a post-New War Orb Valis or post-New War Plans of Eidolon.

I found someone who hasn't done The New War quest, got them to be host and join them. Since they were host I was ported to a pre-New War Fortuna and a pre-New War Orb Valis. I got my 6 rare fish and they all registerd like they used to.

It's not an elegant solution, but it works.

1 minute ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

I went fishing yesterday on both plains and vaillis....all seemed OK to me.

Wait what ? That means you are either done with the new war or got a "Get out of Narmer-land Card"  Whatever the case may be, I am happy you are able to enjoy Warframe in its entirety, You're perseverance with the New War and remaining as civil as humanely possible, against the Forum Troll Mafia; will hopefully provide enough inspiration for others to keep up the fight!   Back to the Grind for you and I then. 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Wait what ? That means you are either done with the new war or got a "Get out of Narmer-land Card"  Whatever the case may be, I am happy you are able to enjoy Warframe in its entirety, You're perseverance with the New War and remaining as civil as humanely possible, against the Forum Troll Mafia; will hopefully provide enough inspiration for others to keep up the fight!   Back to the Grind for you and I then. 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Back atcha  tenno   oh and ....  check yopur inbox

8 hours ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

ty. but gotta say the plains and vallis...damn they ugly places now...

I agree as POE look like a garbage dump from all the wreckage and Valis looks dirty and the green looks more like slime everywhere, to me at least.  I think DE should have just fully committed to a change in Orb Valis, and made it a thing of beauty with NO SNOW anywhere with lush scenes of exotic plants and real green, not slime green!   Although I'm not quite sure what has caused the change in Valis unless its just to better show the passage of time.  I am not a lore expert by any means, but I think the Corpus were Terra-forming Venus and we are witnessing the result of such efforts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

ty. but gotta say the plains and vallis...damn they ugly places now...

Copy that. I hate the map changes to the open worlds myself. 

I hope we get an event to "restore them" or something similar. I cannot disguise my contempt for the awful red lights in Fortuna, and the terrible changes to Orb Vallis and PoE. 

Just can't stand it, if it is permanent I will be really disappointed and petition regularly for an event to change it back... 

Edit: Also the Easter Egg guy who replayed the WALT song in Fortuna is gone after TNW red light changes... did Ballas and his goons murder him... or only kidnap him? Can we rescue him from the Narmer, and have our easter egg back? Inquiring minds would like to know lol... and have still received no answer from DE lol. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Il y a 6 heures, GeneralBonoboPrime a dit :

3/2022 and Orb Valis rare servofish still not counting...

I've had the fishing problem, but it was fixed on the Switch since february. I tried two days ago, and it still worked good for me.

Hope this will be fixed for everybody soon.

• Like 1

I was also having this issue but found that turning on Creator mode (Options->Social->Creator Mode) fixed it.
Upon re-entering Orb Vallis after enabling Creator mode, Charamotes and Synathids started registering for the challenge.