I can't use the forward artillery in the new war!!!

In other words... you entered a quest with the most basic of Railjacks and then are surprised that if you had upgraded it you would have an easier time.

Euh, have you played video games before or is this your first time?

If with forward artillery you mean the guns you can use while piloting, the only difference it will make is how quick you can destroy the fighters.

If you meant the actual artillery, the big heavy gun you have to access underneath the cockpit, then the question is where in the quest do you need that?

You have to finish the quest. You can of course take breaks between missions, but you are only getting out after the quest is finished. That was also what you should have read when you were about to start the mission.

You also never use the artillery during the mission. The only thing that ever comes up is the slingshot and Teshin uses it himself when you are in position.

If you haven't had to use the forward artillery yet, the following is a spoiler:

Spoiler

Cy survived the Narmer take-over.  There is, in fact, a second railjack segment in which the forward artillery is required.

For OP: Intrinsics are no longer required to access the forward artillery, which should come standard on all railjacks.  The seat to control said artillery is at the back of the bridge, opposite side of the pilot seat from the navigation terminal.

• Like 1

Le 25/12/2021 à 23:59, (PSN)kite9000 a dit :

In other words... you entered a quest with the most basic of Railjacks and then are surprised that if you had upgraded it you would have an easier time.

If with forward artillery you mean the guns you can use while piloting, the only difference it will make is how quick you can destroy the fighters.

If you meant the actual artillery, the big heavy gun you have to access underneath the cockpit, then the question is where in the quest do you need that?

What a completely patronizing, useless, and totally ignorant response…. Not only is your tone absolutely uncalled for and that of a stuck up child, but you also do not even know what you are talking about. You have to use your forward artillery when it specifically says, “use your forward artillery to destroy the Narmer Murex.” 

So in other words, you responded to his post without even the most basic of knowledge on what you were talking about and then baffled as to why he asked said question. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, (XBOX)WhiffyMrBacon said:

What a completely patronizing, useless, and totally ignorant response…. Not only is your tone absolutely uncalled for and that of a stuck up child, but you also do not even know what you are talking about. You have to use your forward artillery when it specifically says, “use your forward artillery to destroy the Narmer Murex.” 

So in other words, you responded to his post without even the most basic of knowledge on what you were talking about and then baffled as to why he asked said question. 

1. If you read my post carefully you'll notice that I wanted clarification so to make sure we're talking about the same thing. I've seen to many posts by people using the wrong terminology and then getting frustrated that people aren't given them answers concerning what they meant to say instead of what they actually wrote. Specifically when the post seems to be written by some one who's first language is clearly not English. You might also notice that I didn't say he didn't need it but ask where it is needed. You reading stuff into it that isn't there, isn't my problem.

2. If he meant the actual forward artillery I even pointed out in my original post where it is located on his ship. All you did was remark, while using insulting words, about a perceived slight by me and didn't address the OP's question in a helpful way at all. But sure, I'm the stuck up patronizing child.

3. As you might have noticed by other posts after me, I'm not the only one that couldn't remember the 1 time you need the forward artillery in a quest that takes anywhere from 4 to 8 hours for most people. Yeah, an action of a few seconds slipping my mind surely proves how I lack basic knowledge.

4. There's only 2 ways it can happen that he wouldn't be able to use forward artillery that I can think off :

• because of a bug, a rare but serious bug. In which case he should contact DE and file a bug report. There is nothing any of us can do. And him posting 5 times, the only 5 times he ever has posted, in different section of this forum alone shows he has no patience.
  • he started the quest, a quest that has given warning about not being able to leave it, with a Railjack that is rather bare bones. In which case my remark "have you played video games before or is this your first time? " is perfectly valid. If he did do this then it too shows he has no patience.

Now consider him phrasing his plea with "My railjack didn't upgrade the forward artillery".

Which of the two do you think most likely?

• 2 weeks later...

Ignore the Sh*theads. Just press 'X' or f its X for me to leave cockpit. Go directly behind you to enter the front gunner seat. Hold the button to charge shot and 1 shot the murex. I entered new war with nothing but baby railjack, never even touched the railjack as soon as it was built. 

Dont even need to get close. Once i respawned from death just shoot from afar. Hope this helps. If the gun wont shoot probably a bug, try reseting the game. Nothing more i can help from there good luck. 

• Like 2

On 2021-12-26 at 9:59 AM, Prexades said:

You have to finish the quest. You can of course take breaks between missions, but you are only getting out after the quest is finished. That was also what you should have read when you were about to start the mission.

You also never use the artillery during the mission. The only thing that ever comes up is the slingshot and Teshin uses it himself when you are in position.

you quite literally have to use the artillery lmao. The missions objective is “use heavy atrillery to destroy the murex”. 🤦🏽‍♂️

On 2021-12-26 at 10:04 AM, PatrioticEagle said:

are you taking some drugs? at no point during the new war did i ever have to use the forward artillery, only the slingshot.

the fkn mission objective is “use forward artillery to destroy the murex”. are you taking drugs?

On 2021-12-26 at 1:59 AM, (PSN)kite9000 said:

1) you dont need to upgrade the railjack to use the artillery, i played with a completely basic railjack and did it. 2) the mission objective is “use forward artillery to destroy the murex”. 3) no need to be a $&*^ when they just asked a simple question. 

Don'te be so Angry guys n' girls :

The two are need in the quest, one with with Tunguska Cannon (ie Forward Artillery) another with the slingshot. As state in wikia TNW Quest :

1. The Railjack's Tunguska Cannon (ie Forward Artillery) to clear the way for a Void jump to the sun.
  2. Once the slingshot has self-repaired, the Railjack must face the mothership to allow Teshin / Your necramech.

The Two of them could have problem mainly with customized key assignation ... resetting them often help.