Entrati family and Infestation.

Entrati did 1 thing mostly: keep the Void Heart functioning. Without it, all Void Tech is disabled. Ballad likely did not want that and the Entrati couldn't exactly leave Deimos. 

He could have had the area on lockdown as Sentients are immune to Infested. But he could have also had barbs thrown at them. But the family is mostly powerless to stop him. They won't do away with the Void Heart and Ballas knows it.

• Like 13

Those are omissions from the New War questline. We can make guesses on why they are not there, but from the point of seeing what happened to the whole system and all the factions we've seen before I certainly feel this was something missing for both the Entrati and the Infested (there is another major omission imho, the Quills, the group that is actually the closest associated with "eternalism")

• Like 3

Early 2020 press releases talked about releasing a new open world after the New War was released, and as I recall there's been indications that it was brought forwards.

So most likely, Deimos was intended to be released as post New War content, but got brought forwards. After all it ties more into Duviri and Void shenanigans than the Sentients and they are referenced in the New War.

• Like 12

My assumption is twofold. That Deimos is still a bit of a mystery, because it was hidden away for so long. We know sure, but we don't really know the extent of the other characters knowledge. Like sure, a large infested Moon could be argued to be easy to spot but... space is big, and if you are use to something not being there... On top of that, I get the feeling that New War and Deimos developed at different paces. Though I believe Eris wasn't occupied either, so maybe Infested aren't really viewed as being worth indoctrinating. 

So yeah, ignored, overlooked by Ballas, Narmer, but not in an unusual way. By the way Ballas will unleash his own energy lasers at the red discs empowering him, making himself vulnerable, he tends to overlook stuff he maybe shouldn't. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

Mother's voice, or the same actress doing the voice-over?

Literally her. The subtitles in the quest even have name: Euleria Entrati. The lecture recommends other stuff to "read" by E. Entrati and A. Entrati (Albrecht)

• Like 9

11 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I believe Eris wasn't occupied either, so maybe Infested aren't really viewed as being worth indoctrinating. 

Wouldn't Infestation just consume Narmer Veils and grow themselves into them? I think Ballas was like "yeah let's just let Infestation be". I just find it quite funny that Entrati family is just chilling inside necralisk while system wide war is raging and they probably don't even have a clue. 

• Like 4

Why poke a sleeping bear ? 

The infestation doesn't take sides , unless it's a side of ribcage for lunch.

So there is no point in trying to convert the infested. 

Also , the family, may just do something desperate if pushed.

Plus there is a high chance that deimos just left real space once the Tenno were "killed". I remember loid saying something like that in the intro quest.

So , doing nothing is a valid option for ballas. Whether by choice or by necessity.

• Like 3

The infestation would probably eventually beat the Sentients with enough time and evolution... the Helminth strain is an example of infestation that successfully defeats Sentients.

And then I'm also guessing the family on Deimos knows how to wield Void powers. Sentients do not cope well with the Void.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Early 2020 press releases talked about releasing a new open world after the New War was released, and as I recall there's been indications that it was brought forwards.

So most likely, Deimos was intended to be released as post New War content, but got brought forwards. After all it ties more into Duviri and Void shenanigans than the Sentients and they are referenced in the New War.

Yep, I remember that too. The pandemic tool a major toll on the acting/art industry too so it would make sense to push a non cinematic quest and setup first. I'm quite sure DE was bummed about that but in NO WAY would the vocal crowds allow a content freeze of that length just for story purposes.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Entrati did 1 thing mostly: keep the Void Heart functioning. Without it, all Void Tech is disabled. Ballad likely did not want that and the Entrati couldn't exactly leave Deimos. 

He could have had the area on lockdown as Sentients are immune to Infested. But he could have also had barbs thrown at them. But the family is mostly powerless to stop him. They won't do away with the Void Heart and Ballas knows it.

That's what bothers me. Ballas' final plan was to eat the sun to power a void jump all the way to Tau.

All the Entrati needed to do was point a Mausolon at the heart, and let him know: 'You eat the sun, we blow up the heart. You kill the origin system, we make sure you die with it.'

• Like 4

2 hours ago, (PSN)C4d4l153n said:

Wouldn't Infestation just consume Narmer Veils and grow themselves into them? I think Ballas was like "yeah let's just let Infestation be". I just find it quite funny that Entrati family is just chilling inside necralisk while system wide war is raging and they probably don't even have a clue. 

Possibly yeah! That is a funny thought, they were probably just squabbling anyway. 

I would have liked a short scene where the Infested, upon learning Ballas was about to blow up the Sun, were willing to help you (the one thing they fear most above all else). But at the same time I can understand how that would also be very hard to actually write into the quest, how a bunch of space zombies are going to help you reach the Sun -- that's already something Cy can do easily

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colyeses said:

That's what bothers me. Ballas' final plan was to eat the sun to power a void jump all the way to Tau.

All the Entrati needed to do was point a Mausolon at the heart, and let him know: 'You eat the sun, we blow up the heart. You kill the origin system, we make sure you die with it.'

The plan to eat the Sun was made without announcement, Ballas only announced he was destroying the Sun the moment he was doing it.

And I noted that there were no Murex in Deimos, it is likely that they were cut off from the rest of the system. It is likely they had no idea what he was doing.

• Like 1

I think there's an interesting question to be had that goes: How much did Ballas even know about the Entrati to begin with? Like, from what I understand, Deimos was lost in the Void for the longest time and has only re-appeared in the Origin System very recently. And Ballas doesn't seem to be particularily interested in the Void beyond using it as a tool.

As far as I'm concerned chances are:

1: Ballas saw that Deimos was an infested hellhole and concluded that there probably weren't any intelligent lifeforms on there. Like, there's a good chance those Veils simply don't even work on Infested (plus... take a good look at a Deimos Jugulus and then tell me where you'd  put that Veil to begin with)

2: The Entrati have literally no idea what's going on outside of Deimos (or even on Deimos) at any given time and are way too busy to notice something minor like a system-wide mind-control propaganda attack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

1: Ballas saw that Deimos was an infested hellhole and concluded that there probably weren't any intelligent lifeforms on there. Like, there's a good chance those Veils simply don't even work on Infested (plus... take a good look at a Deimos Jugulus and then tell me where you'd  put that Veil to begin with)

If only it was a hat instead of a faceplate.

As Mario and Dante have shown me, you can put a hat on anything.

ANYTHING!

• Like 1

On 2021-12-28 at 3:41 AM, Darthplagueis13 said:

I think there's an interesting question to be had that goes: How much did Ballas even know about the Entrati to begin with? Like, from what I understand, Deimos was lost in the Void for the longest time and has only re-appeared in the Origin System very recently. And Ballas doesn't seem to be particularily interested in the Void beyond using it as a tool.

As far as I'm concerned chances are:

2: The Entrati have literally no idea what's going on outside of Deimos (or even on Deimos) at any given time and are way too busy to notice something minor like a system-wide mind-control propaganda attack.

There's also those pesky super worms to deal with. Lol!

Thinking about it, Ballas would be smart to not disturb Deimos since he's also using the void for banishing and teleporting things. As soon as sun eater had enough power to make the trip, he wouldn't care about losing the void since he'll be at Tau and ruling.

By the way, I did not pay attention to the Man in the Wall's hand during the shake but it wasn't its hand. It was the chopped off hand of the Lotus!

On 2021-12-27 at 1:06 PM, Loza03 said:

This is my best working theory. 

DE meant to have TNW out a lot sooner, but pandemic screwed them.

They brought us Deimos early because they needed to ship something. 

That is partly why it was so barebones at first, still has a rank 3 necraloid syndicate and no REAL world boss, and the worms seem like they are still planned to one day be something more. It would make sense if it was planned to be shipped later, but with the pandemic development was basically an ongoing emergency and they needing a decently meaty update to ship for the quarter. So they launched Deimos, and pretended like it was the plan all along to release it before TNW and not release with all of its content, which should have included two more levels for Necraloid, a real world boss and way more stuff to begin with at the syndicate vendors. 

Retcon, retcon, retcon, DE are experts at retcon, and know we are patient with their complex lore and mostly forgive retcons as long as they put some work into the backstory and explanation they give us. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

5 hours ago, AngryPickles429 said:

Really? I thought Euleria Entrati may have been Grandmother.

Probably not. It's definitelly the same voice actor as Mother and Granmother is actually Fathers mom, while Albrecht Entrati was Mothers dad and both him and her were void scientists. 

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

and Granmother is actually Fathers mom

thanks for confirming this I was just thinking about it this morning. I've been leveling up Entrati standing and thought first that Grandmother was Albrecht's wife but she had line about Mother that indicated otherwise. 

• Like 1