Entrati family and Infestation.

Went back through some videos I recorded and noticed that a lot of planets have Murex ships around them but not the prominent red glowing out line (Some just have dull red outlines) What this means I have no idea and only have working theories. Regardless there are only a few places that dont have a Murex ship, 1. The Void. 2. Dojo (obvious reasons) 3. DEIMOS 4. Kuva fortress. What surprised me was the Eris had a Murex ship orbiting it during the New War.  

5 hours ago, Wokbok said:

Went back through some videos I recorded and noticed that a lot of planets have Murex ships around them but not the prominent red glowing out line (Some just have dull red outlines) What this means I have no idea and only have working theories. Regardless there are only a few places that dont have a Murex ship, 1. The Void. 2. Dojo (obvious reasons) 3. DEIMOS 4. Kuva fortress. What surprised me was the Eris had a Murex ship orbiting it during the New War.  

Eris is like an afterthought for DE. Before Kuva Lich changes, Kuva Liches could take over Eris and all the infested ships would magically be under Grineer control. It made no sense!

• Like 1

On 2021-12-27 at 1:06 PM, Loza03 said:

So most likely, Deimos was intended to be released as post New War content, but got brought forwards. After all it ties more into Duviri and Void shenanigans than the Sentients and they are referenced in the New War.

Yeah, it's a shame they decided to force Nercamechs into the quest because it would make more narrative sense if the story assumed we didn't have one. (Deimos being ignored and needing Teshin to deal with the Orphix for example)

9 hours ago, nslay said:

Eris is like an afterthought for DE. Before Kuva Lich changes, Kuva Liches could take over Eris and all the infested ships would magically be under Grineer control. It made no sense!

I wish we could get to go on the surface of Eris one day to see what kind of horrors there are. 

8 hours ago, Kaloo_22b said:

Yeah, it's a shame they decided to force Nercamechs into the quest because it would make more narrative sense if the story assumed we didn't have one. (Deimos being ignored and needing Teshin to deal with the Orphix for example)

Teshin was in stealth infiltration and was aiming to prevent the tenno from having to face Lotus and make the hardest decision. The mechs would've been way too noticeable.

• Like 1

On 2021-12-27 at 10:03 AM, rastaban75 said:

(there is another major omission imho, the Quills, the group that is actually the closest associated with "eternalism")

When a Quill acts, things change. That's copy-pasted from their page on the wiki. That's the farthest thing from eternalism. So far the Orokin are the closest to eternalism, and they learned the hard way what happens when you adhere to eternalism too fervently.

I don't think they were omitted. Little Duck, a known associate of the Quills, was the driving force towards getting you out of the inner planets. Then there was everything that happened with the Unum, basically the leader/godlike being the Quills follow. The whole point of the Quills is that there's not much we know about their modus operandi, only that they follow the Unum's teachings, and we know the Unum has taken a special interest in the Tenno since it was introduced into the game. We have no idea what the Unum has foreseen or planned for us, let alone what its purpose is, but by its actions so far, it is our ally.

Onkko wasn't around for the New War, sure, but I feel the fact that the Unum spoke to us in TNW is going to come back to shed light on the motives of the Unum, and by extension, explain what the Quills actually are supposed to be.

As for the Entrati, I find it hard to believe they had no idea things were happening beyond the system. Father was in charge of Orphix Venom and is in charge of the resulting game mode. During it, he obviously has some sort of device he's using to detect Orphix drops (big nasty on scope), so by extension he can detect what happened on the Plains at least, if not a wider range of Sentient activity. I find it likely that DE will eventually do some sort of "This is what they were up to during TNW" in the leadup to Duviri.

• Like 1

Coming in to this late, but:

1. Given the roles the Entrati and Little Duck (and the Quills, by way of her) play in Orphix Venom and Scarlet Spear, I expected them to play larger roles here. The Quills in particular I think needed to have been in this a bit more.

2. I think the Entrati could have played a minor role if your Drifter character started out on Deimos. They didn’t really explain how (or why) the Drifter left the Void. And the Quills/Little Duck could have played a bigger role by perhaps being the ones to equip the Drifter with his/her tools.

3. For all the length of this quest, it actually felt quite rushed narratively.  Once the shift in story happened, I was expecting to have to liberate the Starchart, not simply run errands to fix the Lotus. And I think choosing to make this a “repair the Lotus” story rather than a “confront and redeem the Lotus” story really undercut what could have been a much more impactful story.

• Like 5

Entrati family may or may not play a HUGE role in Duviri Paradox. We might even cure them somehow, or at least try to, as part of that main quest. Who knows?

Also, between The Sacrifice and The New War -- which are practically right next to each other in terms of the main story's progression, aside from the Prologue(s) cutscenes for TNW -- we got a BUNCH of updates: this included Railjack and Proxima missions, Kuva Liches, AND Sisters of Parvos... that wasn't even ALL the updates. Yes, I went to check the wiki and release notes; there was a LOT of stuff, more than THREE YEARS worth of updates, between mid-2018 and late-2021.

Arlo is still out there; his unique strain (and the HIVE MIND) will probably be the next major threat, BEFORE the events of Duviri Paradox. He may even create... EMISSARIES (Zealoid liches, with upgraded Infested weapons like Hive Pox, Hive Hema, and others).

The Jordas Golem said "There are MANY others" when you fight him in Archwing, meaning they will have crewships of their own; the Infested's fleet can easily consist of that, plus shrieking ramsleds, and mutalist drones, with Orokin derelicts serving as their capital ships / bases.

Just because we dealt with Mutalist Alad V, doesn't mean the strain he developed is ALSO gone; quite the opposite, very much STILL out there. They can definitely make Proxima missions for Deimos, Mercury, and Eris.

A single content update just for a new Arlo sidequest (basically like Call Of The Tempestarii, but for Infested faction) / Infested liches / Infested Railjack missions is pretty much the only content I feel they NEED to add between now and Duviri Paradox, besides (obviously) bugfixes.

They can do literally whatever else with the other smaller updates, and I would just be like "Oh, cool, I guess..."

TL;DR: My REAL hype is for Arlo Sidequest + Infested Liches + Railjack Proxima updates, and for Duviri Paradox... and of course, bugfixes.

Edited by DeeDeeLyla
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheVeiledScion said:

1. Given the roles the Entrati and Little Duck (and the Quills, by way of her) play in Orphix Venom and Scarlet Spear, I expected them to play larger roles here. The Quills in particular I think needed to have been in this a bit more.

2. I think the Entrati could have played a minor role if your Drifter character started out on Deimos. They didn’t really explain how (or why) the Drifter left the Void. And the Quills/Little Duck could have played a bigger role by perhaps being the ones to equip the Drifter with his/her tools.

3. For all the length of this quest, it actually felt quite rushed narratively.  Once the shift in story happened, I was expecting to have to liberate the Starchart, not simply run errands to fix the Lotus. And I think choosing to make this a “repair the Lotus” story rather than a “confront and redeem the Lotus” story really undercut what could have been a much more impactful story.

From what I understand from the Tact Potato interview, the pandemic forced a change of plans that pushed Deimos ahead of The New War. Since TNW was a cinematic quest, the studio and acting portions had to take a painful back seat. We all know how Hollywood got shut down so DE didn't have a chance. 

I think the order was: The New War, Duviri and then Heart of Deimos...but I'm completely guessing here. In fact, my full  theory is:

TNW, part 1 = Crap, the sentients are here and we go all out. We encounter Natah (like the trailer) but we discover she isn't against us. Ballas, discovers this, gets pissed and somehow captures Natah, drains her and, after reporting this to Teshin, he decides to handle the job instead and we get to his intro and the unfortunate part where  he dies, we get stabbed and thrown into the void with Natah.

Duviri = We wake up in the void but now in our actual, physical bodies and the players discover the drifter and a new faction (perhaps the Quills?). We discover our split physical and spiritual divide from the deal with TMITW and search for Natah. We find our way back to the Zariman and enter the real world through that crazy machine on Deimos. Unfortunately, we were gone long enough for Narmer to form.

Heart of Deimos = We learn of what's going on and basically this combines with the drifter gameplay of the recent New War quest. We figure out our powers, discover the secrets of the relics, learn more about TMITW and why our powers are acting up (hence the intro to the Necromechs). However this is where TMITW starts to make a move.

TNW part 2 = We back and ready to beat the hell outta Ballas and continue forward to the rest of what we experienced in the quest. 

Tau = ?

Void/Orokin = ?

Anyway, those are my guesses. Lol!

41 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

but we discover she isn't against us. Ballas, discovers this, gets pissed and somehow captures Natah, drains her

I think Natah was manipulated all along like when Ballas was on chain and after Erra gets frustrated and just pushes her into that thingie Erra drops the chain and Ballas stands up so it was just all act to manipulate her. 

Ballas probably was manipulating us too when he gave Paracesis blueprint for us. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheVeiledScion said:

Agreed 100%.

• Like 2

I have a few notes in mind:

• I'm pretty sure the Entrat family has nothing to do with the towers scattered across the void. Void can be an interdimensional crack between this universe and another universe.

... It pumps the arteries of 'the here' and the Void ...

Mother in response to The Heart?
  • Ballas is closer to the seven orokin than the entrati family, so ballas is more pure and superb than the entrati family, they must know each other and their powers are distinct at this point in history.
  • The Entrat family has orokin perks as they are heirs to Albreth's wisdom but they are not power owners as they have family problems typical of a mortal being.
  • The infested breed is not conscious and not social like other breeds. There are missions where we help Corpus and Grineer but we don't have alliances with infested
  • In the entire game there is only one infested ally and the alliance is temporary, in a mission of the deep deimos. There are some bosses speaking our language but the infested ones seem as indomitable as an animal outside a cage.

On 2021-12-29 at 9:06 PM, Cerikus said:

Probably not. It's definitelly the same voice actor as Mother and Granmother is actually Fathers mom, while Albrecht Entrati was Mothers dad and both him and her were void scientists. 

Oh thanks

On 2021-12-28 at 2:07 AM, TARINunit9 said:

But at the same time I can understand how that would also be very hard to actually write into the quest, how a bunch of space zombies are going to help you reach the Sun

On top of that, lots of Infested have HEAT as a weakness, and well guess what the Sun is made of.

Pretty sure even if they WANTED to help us, they COULDN'T...

At least the Entrati / Necraloids DID though, by providing us with Necramechs, after we farmed to build / buy them with plat of course...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-12-27 at 8:16 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

we don't really know the extent of the other characters knowledge

It would seem that Parvos knows about them because I just got voice line from sister when I failed requiem mod attempt "it's pointless might as well knitting socks for Entrati". That's probably joke how Entrati family don't have legs so it would be pointless to knit socks for them. 

• Like 1