Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actually, Nidus Is Fine (but Only Just So)

Kontrollo

Edit: this has been resolved, no changes required. See this post for details.

yCjBzdf.gif

For the recent-topic-posters:

xrsdpFg.png

Remember the good old times, anyone? When we had the fun Variant mode instagib with Opticor? (Also, no Shield Gate abomination, but that's for another thread.)

Sadly, despite frequent requests in this forum, the devs refuse to bring that back.

Occasionally, people from the Conclave community play games with Nidus and two mods that reduce HP (Adept Surge & Adrenaline boost). Then use only Ferrox or Lex (or some other high powered weapons) for a budget instagib mode. It's pretty great.

Now the problem is that Nidus with the aforementioned mods has exactly 101 Health (and 130 Armour). If he had exactly 100, however, Opticor Vandal would be able to oneshot him, too.

zDnopUI.png

Request: Remove only a few health points so he has only 100 Health with both mods equipped.

Alternatively:

• Slightly more damage for Opticor Vandal so it reaches 101 damage vs Nidus in Conclave
  • Another mod that reduces Health
  • Another mod that reduces Armour

Note: It must be Nidus because Shield Gate is in Conclave, too. (Should never have been enabled in the first place, imho.)

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i've got the perfect Warframe style solution. :>
increase each IPS value on Opticor Vandal just enough to reach the next Quantizing breakpoint.

i'll take my Nobel Prize in the Mail.

Good point, hadn't thought about that. IPS changes would be a possibility, too.

But that's quite obscure, increasing the weapon's damage slightly would be much easier.

I have been experimenting with builds focused on shield gate and I think the system is reasonable for paper frames but needs improvement.
shieldgate + magus lockdown this is an abomination.

@topic
unfortunately I haven't been playing conclave, there are some extremely unstable maps in the center of the spawn, I don't know if this is some host cheat with spawn stress or if the map is really poorly optimized.

9 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Slightly more damage for Opticor Vandal so it reaches 101 damage vs Nidus in Conclave

Gentlemen,

It is done.

Spoiler

tNdj1q3.png

For some reason the Weapon Stats Sheet used 92.0 TDMG with incorrect IPS values of 9.20   64.40   18.40. Which resulted in these HPDMG values

tgZ7UmM.png

Actual PvP multiplier is 0.2312
PvE TDMG is 400
IPS Ratios are  0.1    0.7    0.2
Which gives us IPS PvP stats of:
9.28   64.96    18.56 and TDMG of 92.8

And now this results in these values which matched observed values.

02Bnu11.png

Ah, great to see that. Then nothing stands in the way of doing budget Opticor Variant anymore!

Edit: Actually a bit suspicious. Maybe they fixed something at some point without telling anyone. But you know what they say about a gift horse.

Archived