Open Letter to the Warframe Community and Digital Extremes regarding The New War and reactions to it.

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Don't take me wrong, but that what vacation (or holidays) are for... The right to disconnect from the tox- -job for a given period of time in order to rest...

... I shouldn't really have to point that out, even a grade student knows this...

------------------------------ x ------------------------------

I'm not going to say that everyone should be of the same standard in which those kinds of solutions should be instinctive rather than intuitive, but for each player, the next is always different than the last.

However, everyone that participated in the quest (completed it or otherwise) got some really useful info to help them out, which was given by

... the only thing people should've had prior accepting this quest is knowing how to listen... and that's what people had to do with his explanations... That's right, they were explanations, not hints...

It isn't just the act of listening that matters, its actually how you do it and the understanding you get just by doing it...  But hey, my brain is probably hardwired by now for understanding beyond the obvious after seeing 1031 episodes of Meitantei Conan... I don't know, I just find it weird that so many have, just like me, the physical capability to listen... but don't really know how to listen.

This isn't specific bashing towards anyone, its a generic advice that people should take into consideration for The New War quest if they haven't started/completed it yet and/or for future upcoming quests that may appear...

Yes and maybe just maybe, they shouldnt have pushed such a big and complex quest a week before holiday.. just saying.. never ever push a major quest a week before a major Holiday, what did they think was going to happen if a problem popped up.

Then they do suprised pickachu face when the fans lose their.... bantha poodoos. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kconvey said:

I have a major major issue with your post that I have brought up before.

The warning is utterly and completely useless.... you have NO WAY of knowing the quest and the archon fight is going to be too hard till you play it... and find out ....and stay with me here... its TOO HARD.

Seriously are you supposed to be imparted the knowledge of how hard the quest is, from the dark matter of the universe or something?

I found the archon fight to be harder than anything in Horizon Zero Dawn on a normal playthrough. That is way way too hard for a gamelocking event. The quest was clearly rushed to get it out for holidays and not properly tested for difficulty. 

how can you say that the Archons are hard rly now- is this is because you don't have your OP warframe or is it because you have to put some effort and to think what to do and to learn the mechanics of this archons what is it ? I mean for real how can you say that the quest is hard when you fight a lvl 15-20 enemies pls explain ?

Edited by qvpdampe87
  • Like 11

16 minutes ago, Maido-Sama said:

Well, i will uninstall this game if "abandon" option wont appear. I will give DE 3 days to fix this nonsense.

I will be genuinely surprised if they add an abandon option in 3 days, if at all, due to the technical issues it could cause.

So, cya I guess. At least until they maybe tweak the Archons. That is a much better thing for them to do other than adding a quest abort.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

I will be genuinely surprised if they add an abandon option in 3 days, if at all, due to the technical issues it could cause.

So, cya I guess. At least until they maybe tweak the Archons. That is a much better thing for them to do other than adding a quest abort.

Go if you want. I'll stay and try to do something.

And btw - 23 pages says you are wrong.

41 minutes ago, Maido-Sama said:

Well, i will uninstall this game if "abandon" option wont appear. I will give DE 3 days to fix this nonsense.

why DE should make "abandon option" this make no sense at all- before you can start the quest you have to confirm it and they said it many times- so it is your fault if you can't finished it

• Like 10

Just now, qvpdampe87 said:

why DE should make "abandon option" this make no sense at all- before you can start the quest you have to confirm it and they said it many times- so it is your fault if you can't finished it

Was there a warning that quest is awfully boring and filled with bugs? (Could have expect bugs but i've never seen so bad and boring quest in this game)

• Like 1

Just now, Maido-Sama said:

Was there a warning that quest is awfully boring and filled with bugs? (Could have expect bugs but i've never seen so bad and boring quest in this game)

amm are you for real ? this is the reason because YOU THINK it is boring wow- for the bugs i didn't encounter a single bug but nvm

• Like 12

Just now, qvpdampe87 said:

amm are you for real ? this is the reason because YOU THINK it is boring wow- for the bugs i didn't encounter a single bug but nvm

I had one major but i could handle it. You will NEVER understand it but DE put a stick in their own spokes. they divided whole community.

Group one would like to have choice to abandon quest and make a... trade or anything else.

Group two don't care.

Now question is - how many players will abandon whole game cause of this lack of imagination.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, qvpdampe87 said:

I experienced a few bug but nothing game breaking that I couldn't handle. I could see if it was a progression bug like the not being able to assend bug but they got that squashed quickly.

Most of these topics aren't about bugs, just about how some people can't put forth a little bit of effort to beat the bosses.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Maido-Sama said:

I had one major but i could handle it. You will NEVER understand it but DE put a stick in their own spokes. they divided whole community.

Group one would like to have choice to abandon quest and make a... trade or anything else.

Group two don't care.

Now question is - how many players will abandon whole game cause of this lack of imagination.

this statement is so inappropriate and stupid- if you are so bored of the game why you still play it leave nobody's stopping you- but to say that the quest is boring and DE lack imagination well make it better and stop crying

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I experienced a few bug but nothing game breaking that I couldn't handle. I could see if it was a progression bug like the not being able to assend bug but they got that squashed quickly.

Most of these topics aren't about bugs, just about how some people can't put forth a little bit of effort to beat the bosses.

Never seen any bosses and i'm not planing to. All i want now is "abandon" option. And i want it NOW cause i can't play the game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

yep true well said

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... the only thing people should've had prior accepting this quest is knowing how to listen... and that's what people had to do with his explanations... That's right, they were explanations, not hints...

So condescending, lol. I listened, it didn't help though since I'd never seen the Owl before...it wasn't obvious that the blue expanding bubble was even the "paralyzing screech" he referred to (I put that together later). Must be nice having such an intuitive grasp of game "logic" that you never get stuck.

I've done this once before, but let's review that "explanation" again so you can teach us all how to listen for next time. I'll just include the screech bit this time:

"Worst of all is the paralzying screech. Terrifying, yet this moment is your only chance to close in, unseen, and strike."

Didn't seem terrifying, this is the only time where you were in no danger. In hindsight, "unseen" was clearly supposed to get me to use the smoke. But at the time it was one apparently important word in a bunch of fluff. How does the smoke work though...what's the explanation? I'm being pushed back but some blue force field, but smoke stops it? What in this game world would have prepared me to expect that outcome? To this point I've used smoke to hide myself...you can hide from a force field, why?

Anyway, that was my experience, can't go back and change it now can we?

• Like 3

... I posted a while ago something related to "listen" that should be of some help for players doing The New War... But, somehow, the thread that was supposed to be and remain civil is sliding...

23 minutes ago, Maido-Sama said:

Was there a warning that quest is awfully boring

A warning... for your emotional evaluation relative to the quest?

Yeah, that's not a thing, isn't going to be a thing and will never be a thing. Just the very idea of posting a warning for the entire community that "Player 1 says its very boring" is severely stupid.

Its your opinion, not a standard.

10 minutes ago, Maido-Sama said:

All i want now is "abandon" option. And i want it NOW cause i can't play the game.

Trading in the game isn't playing the game...

... Its like going to a coffee shop just to use the chair and refuse to provide the establishment with your patronage.

Why did I assume that your interest is trading and not mining or any other game content?

16 minutes ago, Maido-Sama said:

... This is super-specific...

Just go do something else while you're waiting... If they don't add the "Abandon Quest" option, so be it... "Spring cleaning".

"But I bought platinum" you might say... Since when is that a guarantee of your continue usage of this specific product...?

How about you get over that boredom, complete the quest to get it over with quickly, and resume whatever you wanted to do? That seems like a saner choice than waiting for an option to appear...

Edit:

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Elvenbane said:

So condescending

I hear that a lot.

... That's not much of an insult, since that's a Humanity standard...

... Its a lot worse to interpret something as condescending just because he/she didn't like that it struck a nerve, and accusing the other person of being condescending...

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 9

34 minutes ago, (PSN)Elvenbane said:

Interesting, you might want to give some thought as to why that is...you know...learn to listen and all that?

Did you forget explain how smoke > force field?

... Oh, I did my share of thought a long time ago... That's why I don't even bother with it anymore.

And that's also why I agree with the quest's "spring cleaning"...

But hey, its my opinion so, don't mind me at all. I'm happy to help and all that, if a player asks for it and knows how to listen...

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Maido-Sama said:

So, explain me one thing. If i can't love it, why i can't abandon it? If i will give you excrementum on a plate and i will not give you an option to move away from table. Will you be satisfied? Happy? Will it be fun? No. You will beg me to release you.

So, if you like this excrementum on a plate, eat it. I don't like it and I WILL MOVE AWAY FROM TABLE.

hey, hm... so... you have the option to move away. you can just not play the game and play something else, right? 

would you play a game about running in circles for 5 hours? no, right? if something doesn't fit your tastes, you can always stop playing. i stop playing because the aftermath of the quest is terrible.

there was a warning that the quest would be difficult, there was hints about the fights and stuff... 

let's wait for the oficial numbers, but i'm pretty sure most players could finish it, so this is not an impossible quest. there are LOTS of guides on the internet showing exactly what you have to do, if you want. it's about your skills. i don't mean to say "git gud" but... try something else, explore your options. remember old games that had no instruction? 

and like, it's just 3 or 4 hours, then you can go back to your normal gameplay.

• Like 4

I feel like a big part of this thread will get deleted. If not the whole post.
Seems like that'll happen, since I couldn't find one of my replies on a post that sparked a bunch of arguments about TNW. I realized that post has long been deleted.

For the sake of this post that was supposed to be positive and about constructive criticism about TNW, we should all just ignore the one talking out of their bum.

Edited by PolkHP
  • Like 6

Hey, to everyone here, I just want to kindly ask if you can all stop arguing over stuff. I wanted this post/topic to be open to replies about The New War and stuff related to it, but not senseless arguing. So, if we could all just get along here, that would be great. Thanks!

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, Viridian_Dawn said:

Hey, to everyone here, I just want to kindly ask if you can all stop arguing over stuff. I wanted this post/topic to be open to replies about The New War and stuff related to it, but not senseless arguing. So, if we could all just get along here, that would be great. Thanks!

Agreed (and thank you for the cleanup!)

Back on the topic of Teshin mentioned previously. Even though it took a while after for me personally to realise why it may have been done in the way it was, I still feel like it needed a little extra... something. Acknowledgement. The fact the Operator never mentions him after, nor has anything to say about the blatant hologram is rather disconcerting. Thooough at the same time it may lend to the theory that the Operator we see near the end isn't actually our Operator at all, since they no longer have somatics or void scars.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

The fact the Operator never mentions him after, nor has anything to say about the blatant hologram is rather disconcerting.

Yeah, speaking of that hologram, I had no idea Teshin had died in The New War until I saw the red hologram in the relay about 3-4 days later when I went to get steel path rewards. It was really disconcerting until I realized what had happened.

• Like 2