Open Letter to the Warframe Community and Digital Extremes regarding The New War and reactions to it.

2 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Agreed (and thank you for the cleanup!)

Back on the topic of Teshin mentioned previously. Even though it took a while after for me personally to realise why it may have been done in the way it was, I still feel like it needed a little extra... something. The fact the Operator never mentions him after, nor has anything to say about the blatant hologram is rather disconcerting. Thooough at the same time it may lend to the theory that the Operator we see near the end isn't actually our Operator at all, since they no longer have somatics or void scars.

yes Teshin death was kind of lame- from tenocon i just know it that he will die but i expected to be more dramatic- he die and nothing it is like he never existed

• Like 1

For me, the hardest part was avoiding getting spoted by the mask's enforcers.

Apart from that, although the fight with the Archonts was hard, it was still solvable thanks to having read the explanation about every archont before fighting them.

The only thing trully disapointed me was to lose the drifter skills and the capacity of the drifter to equip Nataruk.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, erethros said:

For me, the hardest part was avoiding getting spoted by the mask's enforcers.

Apart from that, although the fight with the Archonts was hard, it was still solvable thanks to having read the explanation about every archont before fighting them.

The only thing trully disapointed me was to lose the drifter skills and the capacity of the drifter to equip Nataruk.

yes this is true they are kind hard because our frames are gone and we are weak and need to do the mechanics which is good this is the thing i want to see more in the game good mechanics and boss fights- to put some effort and think what to do not to spam E all day long and nothing else

• Like 1

there is no need for all the explanations really, they took the quest out of the oven before it was ready and people who didn't have the patience to wait for patches or simply didn't know that's how warframe operates had to suffer for it. some people banged their head against the wall until it was twice it's initial size and finished the quest, good for them. i decided to wait to see what the developers are going to do about the whole situation.

5 minutes ago, _junguler said:

there is no need for all the explanations really, they took the quest out of the oven before it was ready and people who didn't have the patience to wait for patches or simply didn't know that's how warframe operates had to suffer for it. some people banged their head against the wall until it was twice it's initial size and finished the quest, good for them. i decided to wait to see what the developers are going to do about the whole situation.

i completed the quest day1... did not headbanging of any sort.

although i was on PC with mnk, so didnt have the controller issue. 

as far as warframe quest launches go, this one was pretty damn smooth. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, _junguler said:

DE said it multiple times that they will relese only the quest for now so don't know what is the problem here- yes it is true that we are waiting for 3 years - but if this gona change the game for good then i'm gona wait- at the end of the day it is just a game- for me DE did a great job with the quest and this the year for them to bring this new stuff that we saw in the quest

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

i completed the quest day1... did not headbanging of any sort.
although i was on PC with mnk, so didnt have the controller issue.
as far as warframe quest launches go, this one was pretty damn smooth. 

that's exactly what someone with a head concussion would say.

joking aside i wish this was everyone's experience and we didn't have anything negative to say about the quest, as someone who hasn't played the quest i can't really judge the difficulty level of it but seeing this many people having issues with something makes believe them.

2 minutes ago, qvpdampe87 said:

DE said it multiple times that they will relese only the quest for now so don't know what is the problem here- yes it is true that we are waiting for 3 years - but if this gona change the game for good then i'm gona wait- at the end of the day it is just a game- for me DE did a great job with the quest and this the year for them to bring this new stuff that we saw in the quest

i think you quoted my post by accident, my problem was not that the update is light on content (which is very true) but how uncooked and unfinished it was, locking people out of normal gameplay and forcing them to play something they don't enjoy is my problem with the quest.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

as far as warframe quest launches go, this one was pretty damn smooth

By far.

I was prepared to wait a few months if needed. I waited far far longer to hop into Railjack after seeing how buggy it was on release. After being spoiled on the Drifter's existence in a random pug literally a day after release (rip) I decided to chance it. Glad I did, glad I didn't have to wait that long, and very glad to be proven wrong on my assumptions that the New War would be just as buggy 🤎

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, _junguler said:

that's exactly what someone with a head concussion would say.

joking aside i wish this was everyone's experience and we didn't have anything negative to say about the quest, as someone who hasn't played the quest i can't really judge the difficulty level of it but seeing this many people having issues with something makes believe them.

i think you quoted my post by accident, my problem was not that the update is light on content (which is very true) but how uncooked and unfinished it was, locking people out of normal gameplay and forcing them to play something they don't enjoy is my problem with the quest.

nobody forcing you to play it if you dont enjoy it- in fact who is forcing anyone to play the game- seriously now

• Like 2

4 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

I guess what's confusing to me is, I completely missed the clues. I never did figure out that using a smokebomb would let you through the owl bubble, I just rammed my face into the bubble and took my shot, sometimes it landed and sometimes it got blocked. Using radar to detect the real wolf? Never even occurred to me, I just killed dupes until I hit the right one. The snake might have been tougher, but I saved that one for last and one-shotted her.

I went down once to the owl, and got revived by Stalker. I think I did the wolf without dying, or maybe I died once from the dot. But you have a heal on a short cooldown, and you can just play hard to get while you wait for it to come back up.

So I did the fights completely wrong and still managed to muddle through without too much trouble. 

I am in the same situation here. I didn't even do a lot of the tactics. Just shot, healed when I wasn't at full health, killed the duplicates, killed the ads, ran into the Owl bubble to shoot her as fast as I could so the bubble would go away.

As far as my Warframe went, I used Umbral Excalibur fresh out of the previous quests, not a lot of mods.

0 mods on the Nechramech and the Railjack, and that's after being away from the game for years so I was rusty and I was also under the weather at the time.

I had no amp on my operator, I have yet to unlock the Steel Path, that's how long I have been away.

I am not trying to say I am such a good player; in fact when I join in with randoms a lot of the time they killed everything and got to the extraction before I could bat an eyelid.

If a player in my circumstances can do it without too much fuss, what will happen if they nerf it?

So without any knowledge of how this was built and what is possible, maybe some things that can be introduced could be:

1. Offer difficulty levels

2. If at all possible, let people exit the quest and don't change their world state at all unless they finish it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kconvey said:

I have a major major issue with your post that I have brought up before.

The warning is utterly and completely useless.... you have NO WAY of knowing the quest and the archon fight is going to be too hard till you play it... and find out ....and stay with me here... its TOO HARD.

Seriously are you supposed to be imparted the knowledge of how hard the quest is, from the dark matter of the universe or something?

I found the archon fight to be harder than anything in Horizon Zero Dawn on a normal playthrough. That is way way too hard for a gamelocking event. The quest was clearly rushed to get it out for holidays and not properly tested for difficulty. 

I had to get someone else to finish the first two archons for me

6 hours ago, Kconvey said:

But here is the thing... if you do for whatever reason find yourself in over your head with the difficulty... YOU can never do anything else in the game again. So say someone misjudged the difficulty and cant do it, should they forever be locked out of playing warframe again?

I actually think the much much bigger problem is two weeks of silence and forum frustration festering. 

I seriously misjudged and entered ( and that is down to me),but my misjudgment was based on "I THOUGHT" I would have my frames/weapons/loadout/etc.  Now the game is potentially finished FOREVER, for me and possibly others. But I am not complaining at the difficulty level or how it was designed. More the END OF THE GAME if you do not finish was not as clear ( to me anyway and it seems others) as it could have been.  To those who got through, i say, genuinely, well done you, jealous of you, and because ( this is my first ever online and co-op game) I am, now locked out of it all, 2 years + wasted it seems. I am sad  and tbh gonna miss it.

Edited by (NSW)asbestosisgood
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skyfall81 said:

I expected a bigger bump in players based on the new quest/content honestly. Feels more like a small bump. Curious what Jan numbers look like. Admittedly, might not be interpreting the data correctly.

A little bit under the norm this time, though I believe there were quite a few game releases/DLCs/updates to other big titles around the same time as well. Still, nothing to be scoffed at imo.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 1

- No lockout for any story quest going forward. Has no impact on players like me, that cleared the quest. Clearly, it had impact on some in the playerbase.

- look to other games and the options to dynamically adjust difficulty on your story quest that will allow the max number of players to advance and enjoy the story you crafted. Not without it's flaws, but I enjoyed the story.

- potentially look to break out into a trilogy type quest versus a quest pushing 6 hours. This is alot of time for some in one sitting. 

- Continue with pushing out narrative quest and focus on story and lore. This quest and story has me excited for where we go next in this universe.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, qvpdampe87 said:

nobody forcing you to play it if you dont enjoy it- in fact who is forcing anyone to play the game- seriously now

you misunderstood my position, i didn't say i don't enjoy the game, i don't even know if i'm going to enjoy the quest or not as i haven't played it yet. we are not in disagreement here at all. i'm not attacking what you are saying and not even attacking the game or the update, i just said it seemed to have been released rushed and unfinished.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WillD4Pill said:

That's how all video games work though? No one knows how hard a game is before playing it, there's no reason for this to be any different. If something is difficult you have to practice till it becomes easier and eventually beat it. And it seems that the difficulty of the bosses is not widely agreed upon. From what I read from the forums only a few loud voices have really expressed that the bosses are "impossible". So if the bosses aren't even that hard, it seems you are just unwilling to be patient enough to actually attempt the boss multiple times. I am usually very critical of DE, and this quest has a lot of problems, but difficulty is not one of them. Just keep at it and you will get it.

Being a Nintendo only gamer since they released their first at home games I can only talk from that angle,but, to my knowledge at no point ever in any game I played, was it suddenly a "totally different setup" to the rest of the game, and if you do not succeed you are FINISHED, you cannot even go back and say 'bye to your clan/friends/acquaintences/finish side quests you may left to do etc etc .  I know, that very little of Nintendo is/was online/multi player but I am sure you know what i mean.  As for unwilling to try multiple times (and speaking for myself here) i have been stuck on Archons since the 15th/16th of December and initially tried multiple times now once per day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, _junguler said:

you misunderstood my position, i didn't say i don't enjoy the game, i don't even know if i'm going to enjoy the quest or not as i haven't played it yet. we are not in disagreement here at all. i'm not attacking what you are saying and not even attacking the game or the update, i just said it seemed to have been released rushed and unfinished.

i don't mean particularly you- i said this for the people who said that the quest is hard or boring or stupid or whatever- i get what you said- you misunderstand thats all- i'm sry if i offended you

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, qvpdampe87 said:

i don't mean particularly you- i said this for the people who said that the quest is hard or boring or stupid or whatever- i get what you said- you misunderstand thats all- i'm sry if i offended you

you didn't offend me, i'm quite chill actually and very hard to offend, it's all good. we all love the game and want what's best for it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

A little bit under the norm this time, though I believe there were quite a few game releases/DLCs/updates to other big titles around the same time as well. Still, nothing to be scoffed at imo.

That is a good point, several big releases/updates in Dec. 

Looking at the longer trend, WF has definitely stopped growing, it's been contracting. Not like it has fallen off a cliff or dying though. Sure there are alot of differing opinions, but Warframe needs to become more inclusive if it wants to grow. Likely a topic for a different thread.

4 hours ago, Kconvey said:

This just isnt true...

I know soulslikes are going to suck without ever having to play another one. I know Yakuza games are going to be awesome without having to play the new one first. 

The new war isnt like any other mission or activity in Warframe, its a totally different beast. They warn you about necramechs and railjacks, and literally the only problem I had with that, was the breach refused to animate twice so I couldnt patch it. There wasnt even a hint about this weird drifter bs gameplay being the problem. 

You know soulslikes are going to be hard because people played them and the games gained that reputation. And you know Yakuza games are good because you played the previous ones or other people played it and gave positive reviews. No game in history has ever had a warning sign that said "This might be too hard for you". 

And to your second point, well that's the point. The drifter was supposed to be a surprise. If they warned you about it then it would spoil the entire quest. And again, I hate to reiterate this, but the drifter gameplay really isn't that hard. If you're having trouble just keep playing it till you gain the skill to do it. This point has been made so many times that I'm beginning to think all your posts are just bait. So if you don't have the willingness to beat the quest after all this then there's nothing anyone can say or do to convince you to do so. 

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Skyfall81 said:

I expected a bigger bump in players based on the new quest/content honestly. Feels more like a small bump. Curious what Jan numbers look like. Admittedly, might not be interpreting the data correctly.

Worth considering THIS DLC was not for "everyone" like most others were.  It was more "endgame" in that it required so much investment in both story and (previously presumed) equipment prior to engaging.  The vast majority of players are newbies or mid-tier, and might not be ready for it on launch, thus numbers aren't going to bump up like they would for, say...  PoE update, Fortuna update, etc, wherein even newer players had access to the new content right away.  It's normal.

Honestly, this had a very good launch, it would seem, and was overall well-received.  A vocal minority with anecdotes on the forums doesn't change that, despite their efforts.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WillD4Pill said:

You know soulslikes are going to be hard because people played them and the games gained that reputation. And you know Yakuza games are good because you played the previous ones or other people played it and gave positive reviews. No game in history has ever had a warning sign that said "This might be too hard for you". 

And to your second point, well that's the point. The drifter was supposed to be a surprise. If they warned you about it then it would spoil the entire quest. And again, I hate to reiterate this, but the drifter gameplay really isn't that hard. If you're having trouble just keep playing it till you gain the skill to do it. This point has been made so many times that I'm beginning to think all your posts are just bait. So if you don't have the willingness to beat the quest after all this then there's nothing anyone can say or do to convince you to do so. 

His first post about this topic is that he uninstalled Warframe. He is now lurking and complaining. Its all they do, people offer advice, but they wont take it and complain more. Dont bother.

• Like 7