Change Fortuna Lights from Red to Blue after new war conclusion?

like how the new war played out, however would like to have the Fortuna lights changed back to blue,

i would say add the screens back to Solarus U and Nerf but that would likely take more time,

where as changing the color of the lights should be a simple color change and rendering and backing in the shadows again,

do you think this would be a good change?

thanks

Edited by AndiNaga
  • Like 15

• AndiNaga changed the title to Change Fortuna Lights from Red to Blue after new war conclusion?

Story-wise it makes no sense - the first thing any people do after toppling an oppressive regime is to destroy and remove the totems and statues and images of that regime.

Nef, apparently, is back in charge - and yet the temple of profit does not have his face on it (if he were in charge, that'd be the first thing he'd replace) and the construction site temple still has people working on the Ballas head. Its nonsense. If it were making sense, that head would be on its side (at least) wth a penis drawn in ventkids graffiti on its forehead.

As for the rest, they'd take the stuff down - like the big round TV screens would be in pieces on the ground.

I'm just certain whoever did TNW didn't spend a fraction of the required time thinking, just threw some ideas together.

• Like 4

On the one side, i think its cool that you see the consequences of Quest in the Open Worlds.

I liked the Plains before, still its really cool that you can see the exact places you fought at with Kahl in the Quest.

The following image for example is exactly our path we went to help the pilot who crashed:

mNcWqvM.jpg

Most importantly, the Plains still look good and have a fitting atmosphere. Orb Vallis and Fortuna on the other hand....even if we can find places from the Quest the same way as in the Plains, it just looks horrible. The red hue is just one thing i really despise (didnt like in Deimos aswell, but at least there it fits the theme and atmosphere). I wouldnt even have a problem with the missing snow probably if it looked good. But who the hell created those snow textures? It simply looks ridiculous and bad, and thats what i hate. Orb Vallis was so atmospheric and well done, but now? Feels like 10 steps backwards...

bENJHh0.jpg

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

The switch can cause some nearby Fortunians to comment on it when you flick back and forth.

"Hey, what's with all the flippin' lights?!"

"Blue looks good, too."

"Again? Tennoooooo....."

• Like 1

On 2022-01-04 at 3:21 PM, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

It felt fine as a mood change during Narmer occupation... but feels off after they're gone.

I think it's to create the impression of a lasting impact. Narmer was a System-wide institution and it doesn't get torn down in a day.

On 2022-01-05 at 10:57 AM, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Story-wise it makes sense. After a War there's casualties to see to, Infrastructure that was damaged needs to be fixed. It wouldn't go back to normal just like that. It would be cool to see it go back to normal gradually rather than all at once.

It would be cool if it was a story event the Tenno participated in, like the Relay rebuilding event (The Pyrus Project). Of course, Fortuna doesn't need that level of investment, but it would be cool to feel involved, even with something as simple as a Tactical Alert.

On 2022-01-06 at 1:52 AM, gbjbaanb said:

Story-wise it makes no sense - the first thing any people do after toppling an oppressive regime is to destroy and remove the totems and statues and images of that regime.

The big blood-mirror in Fortuna is shattered and a lot of the Narmer iconography is gone. The lighting, while very thematic, is less of a big-picture item. Besides, maybe the Solaris don't mind the new lighting? Maybe the neon blue/purple aesthetic was imposed on them by the Corpus and the Solaris aren't eager to return.

Nef, apparently, is back in charge - and yet the temple of profit does not have his face on it (if he were in charge, that'd be the first thing he'd replace) and the construction site temple still has people working on the Ballas head. Its nonsense. If it were making sense, that head would be on its side (at least) wth a penis drawn in ventkids graffiti on its forehead.

Quick correction: the Temple of Profit has never had Nef's face. His head was under construction at Temple Fabrication. Ballas' head at Temple Fabrication is being worked on by drones, which may have to be manually chased down and reset; after all, the drones don't care that Ballas is dead.

I'm just certain whoever did TNW didn't spend a fraction of the required time thinking, just threw some ideas together.

I think a lot of this kind of thinking stems from the idea that the state of Fortuna and Orb Vallis that we see in the game now represents several weeks or months post-Narmer, instead of, say, a couple days post-Narmer.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2022-01-26 at 4:57 PM, GrayArchon said:

I think it's to create the impression of a lasting impact. Narmer was a System-wide institution and it doesn't get torn down in a day.

The big blood-mirror in Fortuna is shattered and a lot of the Narmer iconography is gone. The lighting, while very thematic, is less of a big-picture item. Besides, maybe the Solaris don't mind the new lighting? Maybe the neon blue/purple aesthetic was imposed on them by the Corpus and the Solaris aren't eager to return.

I think a lot of this kind of thinking stems from the idea that the state of Fortuna and Orb Vallis that we see in the game now represents several weeks or months post-Narmer, instead of, say, a couple days post-Narmer.

Really late reply but just wanted to say this-

The long lasting impact is a fine idea, but I can see that in PoE, Orb Vallis, and Cetus without it being super omnipresent and distracting. I actually think having the broken mirror and maybe some narmer posters to replace the corpus ones would be a much better post new war fortuna than the horrible red lighting we have now

Also the lighting point is so weird. If they were being forced to keep the lights up by the corpus, why wouldnt the corpus change them back? And if the reason the Solaris are keeping the red up is because they didnt like the old lighting (probably a joke but still wanted to respond) then theres no reason they couldnt change it to some other new color - in fact. if the corpus did make them keep the colors, it stands to reason that they would hate the Narmer colors just as much (under both systems they had their freedom taken away)

Finally, the time thing is weird, on two counts. One, its just such a weird choice to set the post new war star chart *during* reconstruction and not have literally any quests or events to help rebuild / clean up / recover at all (though I just started playing a bit ago, so there's a chance there was an event of some kind). The other thing though, is that the orphix in PoE literally has trees and vines starting to grow over it. I really doubt its been "a couple days post-Narmer" if thats the case.

Anyways, I hope we get a lighting change or full reversal option too.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I would love a option to toggle the open world areas looks to pre new war.

Orb Vallis looks especially depressing i prefered the old cool arctic Vallis better.

Darn i jumped into this quest too hastily and didn't think about pernament lasting effects it has on the world.

If i knew i would just watch it on youtube instead to preserve the Orb Vallis look.

Now i have no way back on this account.. *sigh*

Edited by Lythael
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Lythael said:

I would love a option to toggle the open world areas looks to pre new war.

Orb Vallis looks especially depressing i prefered the old cool arctic Vallis better.

Darn i jumped into this quest too hastily and didn't think about pernament lasting effects it has on the world.

If i knew i would just watch it on youtube instead to preserve the Orb Vallis look.

Now i have no way back on this account.. *sigh*

I think it was cool if we could restore the the pre-TNW Vallis look by repairing the coolant towers, as a part of a short quest. I imagine Biz is freaking out right now, because the extreme change in temperature could easily cause Vallis animals die out. 

I also liked the winter wonderland look much more, and while I approve of most changes in scenery (we absolutely should feel a war has happened as we look at open worlds), I wish we could get the snow back.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, (PSN)Viveeeh said:

I think it was cool if we could restore the the pre-TNW Vallis look by repairing the coolant towers, as a part of a short quest. I imagine Biz is freaking out right now, because the extreme change in temperature could easily cause Vallis animals die out. 

I also liked the winter wonderland look much more, and while I approve of most changes in scenery (we absolutely should feel a war has happened as we look at open worlds), I wish we could get the snow back.

I think we can actually expect the Vallis to terraform more the further we go. Not going back to snow. This makes sense due to the huge Orokin terraforming towers scattered accross the area. Not sure what exactly happened but either Narmer or the Sentients repaired the towers and they are now functioning again.

This kind of leads me to believe that this place will have less and less snow as we go on, shaping more into a tundra than a snow covered landscape.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Viveeeh said:

I think it was cool if we could restore the the pre-TNW Vallis look by repairing the coolant towers, as a part of a short quest. I imagine Biz is freaking out right now, because the extreme change in temperature could easily cause Vallis animals die out

I honestly would be satisfed with something simple like No Spoiler mode that actually restores Fortuna / Valis , Plains / Cetus  looks to their pre War variants.

Edited by Lythael
  • Like 3

On 2022-01-04 at 7:32 PM, (PSN)Richtel79 said:

Where did all the snow suddenly go

Either the Narmers have better maintenance manuals for the cooling towers (Ballas was an Orokin scientist after all) or DE were always planning to upgrade the Vallis graphics with more plant life and felt the War was the best update to do it with

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Either the Narmers have better maintenance manuals for the cooling towers (Ballas was an Orokin scientist after all) or DE were always planning to upgrade the Vallis graphics with more plant life and felt the War was the best update to do it with

I'm pretty sure the idea is that the coolant towers were there to turn the hot Venus landscape into something you could live on (Surface of Venus is normally about 900F - hence the need for coolant), but with the Orokin gone they were left running too long, which is why the coolant is spilling out and the world became frozen instead  --- overcooled.... So with Ballas taking over, the towers were turned down/off so it's less cold and more like what they had planned for the landscape.  (I could be wrong though)

• Like 1