Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New War: Hotfix 31.0.6

[DE]Megan

On 2021-11-17 at 7:48 PM, Halo said:

Howdy all, I'd like everyone to take a moment and observe footage as Dojo Spawn Room Colors are not properly staying, and haven't for the past few weeks. 

Yes, upon entry to my dojo, the original colors do not show up. Walking in and out of the room, they do not change. Going to a different room and back, they do not change. 

However, putting a polychrome down, then they all of a sudden revert back to how they once were. This is only the case of staying in the dojo itself and not leaving. 

No, putting a new polychrome and rushing it with the same colors does not fix this. 

No, changing one color or the lighting in the room does not fix this. 

No, changing all of the colors to something random does not fix this. 

No, any and all display options, such as Volumetric Lighting and Ambient Occlusion, are all on and do not affect the room in any way shape or form. 

My friends who entered my dojo all had different experiences, some seeing the dark blue hue as seen in the video as the normal colors, and some seeing the basic lighting and normal room colors. 

Upon leaving my dojo in the video, all would seem right? Well, you're wrong. 

Re-entering my dojo still shows all the colors messed up, again. 

Please, DE, look into this, because this is a problem that if anyone else also had colors too in their spawn room, they would be just as furious as me. Thank you so much for your hard work, and hope something fixes this come The New War. 

Yup, Still a thing that has not been addressed. 

Still hoping for an eventual fix for this to happen, as my lighting in my dojo spawn room is still broken. 

Again, placing a polychrome is the only solution, and it only lasts when inside of the dojo. 

If you leave, it reverts back to the old lighting. 

Again, no, even after rushing the colors on the polychrome does not reset or keep the colors. 

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Orb Vallis Jailers not dropping Data Keys or being marked the second time you had the Rescue Bounty stage at the same location in one session.

Absolutely huge change, definitely well needed as the bug's been around for some time now.

If only the spy mission consoles on a second run-through in the same session got fixed then we'd be rolling.

13 minutes ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

Thanks.

Oh oops, you forgot Caliban changes... man I thought that'd be pretty high up there. 

• Horrific energy economy
  • pointless 1, but needed an ability to remove
  • cast speed
  • too high strength requirement, please make it 185ish for full debuff so we have some build diversity
  • AI of the summons is atrocious, I'd rather the not attack at all and did their job; I should never lose my shields after spending that much energy

Just a few suggestions. Please don't let him become a Yareli/Grendel/Hydroid/Inaros ... no frame should have to sit there unused. 

no more changes. his existing were pretty good changes based on tactical potatos feed back to scott. 
i have no issues with his energy, his energy pool was increased already
yea his 1 sucks 
natural talent if its bother you that much
200% for 100% armour shield strip is standard, his is permanent strip, the main fix i would like to have seen there was the fact the fallout bubble is only visable to caliban when host. its also none direct targeting and doesnt require enemys to get it going either.
i have had no issues with his drone ai. nor losing my shields, but i also use mods for cast to gain shields so i can remove shields at will. as the drones keep them large and the shields on skilll lets you pop them up fast if they do fall which is rare due to his passive giving his shields increase damage reduction. 

I wonder if they will fix the currently broken stuns on yareli when riding merulina. Right now any kind of stun or knockdown will lock you out from abilities and firing your weapon entirely for /much/ longer than the normal duration.

2 minutes ago, Vahenir said:

I wonder if they will fix the currently broken stuns on yareli when riding merulina. Right now any kind of stun or knockdown will lock you out from abilities and firing your weapon entirely for /much/ longer than the normal duration.

Looking into it. Just so we're all on the same page though,  it's not "any" knockdown.  Somebody else reported this issue to me and my first attempt to repro was getting ground-slammed by a Heavy Gunner... which doesn't cause this to happen. Try to add as many specific details as possible in bug reports, because words like "any" or "all" can be inaccurate and misleading. 🙂

Could you please take a look at the absolutely abominable arrow flight of the Kuva Bramma? With 5 forma, arcanes and eidolon lens invested it feels pretty sour.

Proboscis Cernos is wonky too. (Posted full details in bug report.)

Happy New Year. back to work right at it. Sadly I was looking for 1 exclusive fix, come to see it's not in this hotfix.

DE, the kubrow visual bug would be so nc , especially for all of those holding sales and purchases of the kubrows.

Still no fix for issues caused by taking bounties outside on the plains and orb?  Serious issues that have been there since at least plague star and are probably related to objectives not resetting as well.  If you can't fix it disable taking bounties outside until you can.  People don't even know it's happening until it's too late since the bug doesn't trigger until the next bounty. You join a bounty in progress and unbeknownst to you the host stayed out and boom you are bugged until you restart the game.

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Orb Vallis Jailers not dropping Data Keys or being marked the second time you had the Rescue Bounty stage at the same location in one session.

• Fixed Excavation Cell Carrier spawning issues in Open Zones after completing The New War Quest.

• Fixed the Knells unlimited ammo not functioning after you've Transferred to the Operator.

Thanks for the update, and especially for those 3 fixes <3

I hope that staying in one instance Orb Vallis for several bounties and capturing Outposts comes more common because of this fix. Now we don't have to reset in Fortuna to fix the bug.

For the curious, capturing the Orb Vallis Outpost gives a huge variety of different types and locations for bounties, which makes staying in the OpenWorld actually pleasant for hours. Instead of resetting after every stage and running the same 5 locations/missionTypes every time. That Data Key bug made it so, that after you had ran like one or two bounties on each Outpost you had to reset because it would have been impossible to get bonus rewards at that point.

Now I only wish that we could get a reward for Capturing an outpost, since it takes ~3mins. Either 'Rotation A' drop from previously selected bounty tier, or a befitting Debt Bond. Let's say you first complete a T3 bounty. Then you capture an outpost and it would reward you a single Medical Debt Bond. This would be a HUGE lift for Fortuna/SU progression, if people are stuck unable to level up, because they can't get Debt Bonds to drop.

Thanks for the update but i still hope you fix the Cambion Drift bug's for arcane vauls like
1: when playing in multyplayer and you play the second arcane bounty mission, the second mouth door rarely just dosent open, even if you walked throug it a second ago and
2: when you play the arcane bounty mission there is this mission with the 5 green cracks on the ground and often even when you kill the enemys to close it, it dosent count and you have to wait 1:20 min to let it reopen again, only to try again and have the same bug again. when it happens there are no enemys spawning in the entire underground anymore so you just can go afk.

I love Cambion Drift and the arcane vaults. These missions are diverse and fast. pls fixe those vaults and have a great one
PS: im not a native Englisch speaker im sorry if the grammar is wonky.

42 minutes ago, tipsy_princess said:

brightness and contrast levels dynamic become even worse since new war. can we just get our adaptive exposure toggle finally back, and in case someone wants keep killing their eyes they can keep it on, just let other off it.

i second this. whoever forced exposure to be turned on permanantly doesn't have the PHYSICAL well being of players in mind. Turn. It. Off. 

36 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Another post-New War Quest item is available in Simaris’ Offerings for those who sell theirs.

What do you think about the possibility of putting post-quest items into a different character's inventory? Cephlon Simaris is getting stuffed!

5zx9h2.jpg

28 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Looking into it. Just so we're all on the same page though,  it's not "any" knockdown.  Somebody else reported this issue to me and my first attempt to repro was getting ground-slammed by a Heavy Gunner... which doesn't cause this to happen. Try to add as many specific details as possible in bug reports, because words like "any" or "all" can be inaccurate and misleading. 🙂

It happens with Scorpions and Ancients (but some times it doesn't). I've Repro with both, and it's not just their "hooks", Ancient's tiny arm (which knocks back) can also proc the bug (Boiler's tiny arm also proc the bug).

Happy new year and thanks for the fixes. Especially for this one:

42 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Unstable Lunaro shots no longer entering the goal.

While I don't really play it myself, I know some people enjoy it and it has had a few problems for a long time, too. Also, I've seen some weapons that got enabled by accident were removed from Conclave in earlier patches, that was nice to see, as well.

Now there are still some outstanding Conclave problems that have made it into the game a while ago. The following aren't all, but they're high on the list:

• Telos Boltace -- could simply be disabled if not reset to its pre Old Blood behaviour. It's over two years now. Ragdolls on players should never have been a thing in a mode that limits CC to slows, impairs and knockdowns. In some cases it can even break the maps. E.g.:
    Spoiler

N2Ogr6z.png

th1xSDB.png

tYb1Vgz.png

305EkJ8.png

WiPoa1a.png

• Wolf Sledge -- its throw has it all: very high damage and range, retained the super-fast Glaive wind-up, homing projectile, knockdown, AoE explosions (both automatic and manually triggered) and can melee block while throwing, negating 100% of incoming shots in that direction. Here's an example clip.

• Fall-off bug. Causes a lot of shotguns and snipers to deal PvE damage (min. fall-off) instead of the originally balanced numbers. Has been reported numerous times over months. Latest here:

Spoiler

• Saryn's passive + any electric weapon. A bug introduced with the damage type rework makes it possible for Electric procs to refresh themselves. This gets exploited by some to get an unavoidable damage source which ultimately just kills without being able to do much about it. Especially problematic with AoE like from Castanas.

There are more problems, but these are some of the worst offenders right now. People would already be happy if you just disabled e.g. Telos Boltace and Wolf Sledge if you don't want to take the time to fix the bugs/balance properly.

Just now, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

It happens with Scorpions and Ancients (but some times it doesn't). I've Repro with both, and it's not just their "hooks", Ancient's tiny arm (which knocks back) can also proc the bug.

Okay, your name is unforgettable, lol. I played with you today. Just a weird feeling seeing a stranger I played with also being on the forums at the same time I am.

Archived