Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New War: Hotfix 31.0.8

[DE]Danielle

The New War: Hotfix 31.0.8

Optimizations:

• Added GPU preference setting to launcher to override Windows defaults and defaulted it to High Performance.
    • If you were running on battery when you launched Warframe it may have selected your laptop's IGP instead of your discrete GPU but since we don't switch GPU selection while running, reconnecting your laptop's power wouldn't actually switch to your discrete GPU so you'd suffer terrible performance until you restarted.
    • If you run into problems with the High Performance default you can get the old behaviour by changing GPU Preference to "Let Windows Decide".
    • 4255e71f28894651c673b802610133c3.png
  • Smoothed out hitches on while loading or streaming levels on PC running DirectX 11.
  • Optimized peak memory when using DirectX 12 on PC and eliminated small hitches that would occur during level and texture streaming.
  • Made many systemic micro-optimizations that saved approximately 15MB of RAM.
  • Made SIMD optimizations to core math routines to improve performance for all platforms.
  • Made a micro-optimization to DirectX 12 prefetching on PC. 
  • Improved cache-density of some frequently used data to improve performance.
  • Upgraded some internal compression code to improve performance.
  • Improved overall performance in Dojos that have many Transporters.
  • Made performance improvements to Caliban’s Fusion Strike. 

Changes:

• Added additional Ranks (max Rank 180) to the current Nightwave Intermission. 
  • Made improvements to lip sync animations and eyeball materials for the Operator. 
  • Reduced the volume of electricity Status Effect sounds.
  • Reduced jump exertion sound interval for a post-NW character.
  • Caliban’s Cranion Helmet has been added for future Nightwave Cred Offerings rotations - keep an eye out for it! 

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash if the Panzer Devolution Mod respawn triggered with specific timing during player death & respawn.
  • Fixed another case of Data Keys not dropping from Orb Vallis Jailers, if a previous Drone Defense or Case Capture Bounty stage occurred approximately near the location you searched the body.
  • Fixed inability to “activate” a certain objective during The New War Quest if the timer runs out and you’re near said activation area. 
  • Fixed Caliban's Passive not working in certain situations.
  • Fixed post-New War ‘Anguish’ Set Mods having only 1 effect applied as opposed to the 2 listed. 
  • Fixed a post-New War Set Mod bonus of “reduced damage while airborne” not being applied.
  • Fixed missing Kela De Thaym VO when entering the Rathuum arena. 
  • Fixed rising through the floor when entering the Rathuum arena.
  • Fixed flicking FX on Plains of Eidolon Bounty Caches after completing The New War Quest. 
  • Fixed numerous issues when playing Komi during The Sacrifice Quest. 
  • Fixed Void Shadow causing Client Operator to blink and Ephemera to appear when they are hidden.
  • Fixed Nightwave screen no longer auto-scrolling the Ranks to your current Rank spot.
  • Fixed the Kerulyst Sentinel Attachments not mounting properly to Taxon. 
  • Fixed inability to Chat Link the Mark of the Beast Mod.
  • Fixed numerous misaligned Sugatras when equipped on the Ravurex Gunblade Skin.
  • Fixed Throwing type weapons using the reload animation of a Bow.
  • Fixed swapping weapons while the Verdilac is mid-animation resulting in it becoming improperly offset from your Warframe.
  • Fixed numerous Ostron NPCs having incorrect facial features. 
  • Fixed Euphona Prime reload sound when using the gun as Secondary without a Glaive.
  • Fixed instructions appearing prematurely during a moment in The New War Quest. 
  • Fixed a script error when selling a weapon that a Railjack Crew Mate has equipped.
  • Fixed a script error when customizing a post-New War character. 

Thanks for the hotfix. Hoping to see some fixes for Galvanized Status and Critical Chance Mods sometime in the near future as they have many documented issues and inconsistencies. Also please fix the codex. It has been broken for years now with Deimos enemy issues all the way up to The New War.

Please adjust the Aya/Unvault Dropchances in endless (void) missions in the future, people are tired of Bounty spamm and would rather spend their time in an old fashioned survival while not wasting their time due to unreasonable low dropchances in comparison to bounties.

There are still some outstanding Conclave problems that have made it into the game a while ago. The following are just a subset, but they're high on the list:

• Telos Boltace -- could simply be disabled if not reset to its pre Old Blood behaviour. It's been over two years now. Ragdolls on players should never have been a thing in a mode that limits CC to slows, impairs and knockdowns. In some cases it can even break the maps. E.g. here the player just keeps falling for over a minute until a reset happens:
    Spoiler

N2Ogr6z.png

th1xSDB.png

tYb1Vgz.png

305EkJ8.png

WiPoa1a.png

In other cases one can get stuck in the geometry or even land outside the map entirely.

• Wolf Sledge -- its throw has it all: very high damage and range, retained the super-fast Glaive wind-up, homing projectile, knockdown, AoE explosions (both automatic and manually triggered) and can melee block while throwing, negating 100% of incoming shots in that direction. Here's an example clip.

• Fall-off bug. Causes a lot of shotguns and snipers to deal PvE damage (min. fall-off) instead of the originally balanced numbers. Has been reported numerous times over months. Latest here:

Spoiler

• Saryn's passive + any electric weapon. A bug introduced with the damage type rework makes it possible for Electric procs to refresh themselves. This gets exploited by some to get an unavoidable damage source which ultimately just kills without being able to do much about it. Especially problematic with AoE like from Castanas.

There are more problems, but these are some of the worst offenders right now. People would already be happy if you just disabled e.g. Telos Boltace and Wolf Sledge if you don't want to take the time to fix the bugs/balance properly.

On 2021-11-17 at 7:48 PM, Halo said:

Howdy all, I'd like everyone to take a moment and observe footage as Dojo Spawn Room Colors are not properly staying, and haven't for the past few weeks. 

Yes, upon entry to my dojo, the original colors do not show up. Walking in and out of the room, they do not change. Going to a different room and back, they do not change. 

However, putting a polychrome down, then they all of a sudden revert back to how they once were. This is only the case of staying in the dojo itself and not leaving. 

No, putting a new polychrome and rushing it with the same colors does not fix this. 

No, changing one color or the lighting in the room does not fix this. 

No, changing all of the colors to something random does not fix this. 

No, any and all display options, such as Volumetric Lighting and Ambient Occlusion, are all on and do not affect the room in any way shape or form. 

My friends who entered my dojo all had different experiences, some seeing the dark blue hue as seen in the video as the normal colors, and some seeing the basic lighting and normal room colors. 

Upon leaving my dojo in the video, all would seem right? Well, you're wrong. 

Re-entering my dojo still shows all the colors messed up, again. 

Please, DE, look into this, because this is a problem that if anyone else also had colors too in their spawn room, they would be just as furious as me. Thank you so much for your hard work, and hope something fixes this come The New War. 

Again, my apologies, but this issue has still not been resolved. 

Yes, before posting, I run to my dojo and check it, as well as rush a polychrome to see if the colors stick after rushing, leaving, then re-entering my dojo. 

As unsurprising as it is, dojo rooms with the new spawn point do not hold custom lighting colors. 

I hope this will get fixed eventually. 

Please and thanks for the hotfixes in general. 

Just now, [DE]Danielle said:

Added additional Ranks (max Rank 180) to the current Nightwave Intermission. 

So DE heard ppl like NW (not to be confused with TNW) Intermissions, so they put an Intermission after an Intermission after an Intermission.

That aside, will this actually be possible to reach or similar to Glassmaker where some crazy glass bois grind was necessary to cap out? Not that I like either scenario, first meaning another ~4 months of Intermisson, the latter just feels bad.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

You know, since the Nightwave system has been launched, this has been a constant need to micromanage based on missed and changed deadlines and unforeseen events (COVID and Home Isolation, Christmas Vacation, etc).  

Why not make it consistently 999 level with a 10 month deadline so that when you can get around to moving onto either an intermission or new episode, you make the announcement with a 1 - 2 week deadline and then close it like you usually do?  

Post Thought: I know this is done as a means of reminding yourselves, "we need to hustle and get this done (for the next episode/intermission)".  But the question is that why do we -- the end users and end consumers -- have to have it micromanaged to remind you; when in the old alert system -- it was run on a specific set of timers that you left be for years?

Hey, any chance that the Mesa Prime Montesa Helmet can be changed to be used with regular Mesa?

It currently can only be equipped on the Prime version, and not the basic Mesa. 

I prefer regular Mesa over the primed version, and can't wear the helmet that I paid for.

Thanks, love the game, ok bye. 

18 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Oh wow! nice. But it would be real nice to know if another nightwave is planned, maybe this would come from a devstream but it seems like all DE livestreams have been put on pause until an unannounced time. :(

18 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed inability to Chat Link the Mark of the Beast Mod.

Please update the warframe arsenal twitch extension API thing with primed ammo stock and other mods that are not accessible that way yet (if it is not done already) it does not pull that mod successfully from the last time I tried. This would be really nice as this is the method that overframe uses to successfully pull mods which doesn't appear to work with primed ammo stock and how I think something is wrong since it was Baro's newest mod offering. This might actually be on overframe's part and not the API extension's part but it would be nice to get confirmation. 

Akarius explosion FX working properly for clients fix when?

Archived