Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Fomorian Sabotage & Razorback Armada

Marcooose

January 17th Update: We will see the Fomorian & Razorbacks returning later today! We have also submitted a fix that simplifies the process for future deployments, so we shouldn't run into this type of delay again. 

Tenno,

Thanks to player reporting, we’ve noted that the Fomorian Sabotage and/or Razorback Armada are fully constructed and ready for their appearances on all platforms, but haven’t taken place yet. As much as we’d like to say that Vay Hek just has some lingering holiday Turkey brain and forgot, these limited-time events are initiated manually server side and won’t be able to go live until some of our team return from some well deserved vacation. 

Sorry for the delay, we expect to launch these in the near future and to also simplify the process for future deployments. We’ll update here with details for their launch when we have them. 

Thank you!

1 minute ago, [DE]Marcus said:

These limited-time events are initiated manually server side and won’t be able to go live until some of our team return from some well deserved vacation. 

IF( RazorbackEventPercentage >= 100)

{

StartEvent.Razorback();

}

If(FomorianEventPercentage >= 100)

{

StartEvent.Fomorian();

}

Fixed, seems like a silly thing to have as a manual process. Let me know where to commit this :-)

3 minutes ago, 3thereal said:

{

StartEvent.Razorback();

}

{

StartEvent.Fomorian();

}

Fixed, seems like a silly thing to have as a manual process. Let me know where to commit this :-)

I kind of doubt it is quite that simple with how it is already coded. lol. 

I am sure you are just kidding though, but if it could be done with a simple if statement, I think they would have done it by now. :tongue:

7 minutes ago, 3thereal said:

{

StartEvent.Razorback();

}

{

StartEvent.Fomorian();

}

i hope you are joking...

15 minutes ago, 3thereal said:

{

StartEvent.Razorback();

}

{

StartEvent.Fomorian();

}

It may not be this simple, but however complicated it is, there's no good reason for it not being automated; it just wastes developer time to force them to repeatedly initiate these manually.

18 minutes ago, 3thereal said:

{

StartEvent.Razorback();

}

{

StartEvent.Fomorian();

}

I believe things aren't this simple because they have to manually activate an alert for the rewards. The event meter is simply that, a meter. It has no coding correlation with the mission we get rewards from.

Now, it should be somewhat automated? Most definitely. I also have hope for a Post New War spin on these events.

Guys, it has to be that simple, because we have the meter.

How the meter gets its percentage reading is where the complicated code is.

But at the end, it has to be a value. No matter what the code to get the value is, the existence of the meter means that the value for the meter exists.

So it really would just be

if value>100
event start code goes here.

the one exception would be if actually starting the event is a complex process for some reason. Intuition tells me that it isn't, but hey, who knows!

I highly doubt it's a matter of "can't" automate. It's a matter of them executively deciding not to automate them for whatever reasons they have - for example, not wanting to have these mini-events launch at inconvenient times with other stuff going on that they'd rather people be focusing on, like some sort of.. new major content update or something. You know.

8 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I highly doubt it's a matter of "can't" automate. It's a matter of them executively deciding not to automate them for whatever reasons they have - for example, not wanting to have these mini-events launch at inconvenient times with other stuff going on that they'd rather people be focusing on, like some sort of.. new major content update or something. You know.

IIRC devs had delayed those events in the past for the reasons you state

I bet the mentioned refinement and automation would not be having it start when the meter is done, but make it very easy to activate from home for specific staff. Allowing them to ensure they don't have Plague Star, Ghoul Purge, Thermia Fractures, Fomorian Sabotages, Razorback Armadas, and, if they still plan to return them, Acolyte Invasions, all at the same time. Which, we know from before, were automatic (not counting the topic's two that we had oft assumed were automated due to the meters).

1 hour ago, Arsonistic said:

It may not be this simple, but however complicated it is, there's no good reason for it not being automated; it just wastes developer time to force them to repeatedly initiate these manually.

It's manual likely so DE doesn't overlap these events with something more important. It lets them launch at a proper time, same with Plague Star or Dog Days. Now, there are still plenty of things that should be automated like Nightwave, but this isn't one of them imo.

It's more of "should" rather than "could"

2 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

simplify the process for future deployments.

Probably the most important takeaway from this announcement since it will likely change how this event pans out. 

I thought that it would wait until resurgence was over to prevent overlap but yeah not extending events that are supposed to happen on an interval basis is also nice to so hopefully there is a fix for this.

Now about nightwave. . . is there going to be further instruction from DE about what is being done about it or are we just supposed to assume that it will last until people hit rank 180?

LOL at everyone with the coding statements in the comments, I think that there might need to be a bit more that goes into it to prevent the event from starting up at odd times but it is a nice gesture to see the issue being talked about.

Is everything going okay at DE? Seems like there have been some hiccups lately: Fomorian Sabotage, Nightwave cap, Saitia prime suit, Ghoul Purge disabling, eidolon scream crash and the invasion missions issue (back in Nov). 

26 minutes ago, AmethystVerrose said:

if they still plan to return them, Acolyte Invasions

That event won't be coming back, since the rewards were moved over Deimos Bounties and acolytes appear on every single Steel Path mission after some time and killing enemies.

This should definitely be automated. But on the note of invasion events, we should get a health boost to them! They haven't been a threat in a long time, and since the player base has been growing, the time window for doing the missions has been a bit more narrow.

I'd love to see events where they're an extra big threat to a relay too, and auto-run Pyrus Project if we get too low on relays, with a minimum amount of relays for railjack docks, and for early game planets.

2 hours ago, Lightning_Bloom said:

This should definitely be automated. But on the note of invasion events, we should get a health boost to them! They haven't been a threat in a long time, and since the player base has been growing, the time window for doing the missions has been a bit more narrow.

I'd love to see events where they're an extra big threat to a relay too, and auto-run Pyrus Project if we get too low on relays, with a minimum amount of relays for railjack docks, and for early game planets.

It's an open secret that the progression of these sort of ongoing events is already.. coerced to say the least, so they conclude within a certain window and without failing.

7 hours ago, PerishedFraud said:

the one exception would be if actually starting the event is a complex process for some reason. Intuition tells me that it isn't, but hey, who knows!

Starting the event looks plenty complicated to me.

The stuff that we know needs to happen includes:

* Adding items to various enemey drop tables

* Adding a node to the starchart in some randomly chosen spot

* Adding various trackers (damage done, countdown to relay destruction)

And then there's probably a bunch of other stuff as well.

Is this something that can and should be automated? Absolutely, and the announcement even says that they're working on improving it.

Is this a complicated tasks with several fiddly bits, that, because it doesn't actually happen that often, they haven't yet got around to automating? That I can totally see.

Archived