Absolutely loved the Sacrifice quest. The exploring of Excalibur Umbra’s back story and all. 

I know we have Prime Frames… but could we possibly see more Umbra Frames and Umbra Mods? 

also if we’re diving into Umbra lore in the meanwhile why not see more about the research Ballas did on creating the frames… perhaps it’s possible that new frames could be made or created… Umbra Frames

Just an idea… so we could see some of these Prime mods get Umbra versions. Maybe even more Umbra Mods

Or even umbra bonuses for playing in a squad with other Umbra frames. Encouraging more squad based gameplay. 

The game is already flexible in regards to solo and co-op play. So the Umbra Squad bonuses are optional (perhaps they apply to using Umbra Specters, so that solo players can if they want build a umbra spectre that contributes to those bonuses)

Just an idea… almost like avengers assemble Lol. But story and lore behind the first original frames… the Umbra frames

• Like 2

When Umbra came out, DE said there would be more Umbra frames, but it never happened. DE tends to overpromise and underdeliver, so I wouldn't expect any new Umbra frames for a long while, if at all.

• Like 2

I would have loved to see Harrow Umbra instead of Prime. With a remnant of Rell's spirit providing the backstory as to why the frame was sentient like Excal.

Edited by isbergen

2 hours ago, isbergen said:

When Umbra came out, DE said there would be more Umbra frames, but it never happened.

So, let's be clear;

When Umbra came out, DE did say there would be more Umbral style frames. The specific statement was 'Every frame has a Prime, but not all frames will have an Umbra', and it was made clear that they want to do more.

They also explicitly said that when they do a new Umbral style frame it will not be soon, it will be something explored with as much attention and quality as the original Umbra, they want to make them special. Mostly because, as we know from the Quest, there is a genuine reason why Umbra itself is special compared to a regular Excalibur.

And most importantly, when they do something like this it will be after the content that they want to deliver, because they were talking about the rest of the Quests, finishing off The New War (which hadn't been named at the time) and so on.

So it's not that it 'never happened' because it's planned to not happen yet. They said as much at the time, and we should not have expected it to happen in these intervening years, because the things they'd said would be before it have only just happened.

Keep up a little hope, though, because there's two things to consider now that the New War is done:

1. Duviri Paradox will play more with our new character interactions, and will definitely play more with the idea of Eternalism, meaning that alternate situations could be brought into the main timeline... such as a new Umbral style of frame... Maybe something like an Ember Cinis, or a Trinity Noxa.

2. We may get a lead-in quest that results in the set-up for Duviri the same way that The Sacrifice leads in to New War, which explores one of those situations which resulted in an Umbral style frame in the same way.

And the best thing about either of those situations? They could happen by the end of the year ^^ They could be the next proper announcement at TennoLive this year.

So...

Yeah, more are coming. The 'when' has simply not been decided yet.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

When Umbra came out, DE did say there would be more Umbral style frames. The specific statement was 'Every frame has a Prime, but not all frames will have an Umbra', and it was made clear that they want to do more.

This basically what I said only using a lot more words. :)

And as I said above, Harrow Umbra backstory wrote itself. They would not have had to do anything, the backstory was there already. What a missed opportunity, but that's par for the course with DE.

I'm fine with more umbra frames and more umbral mods and lore.  But I don't want them to replace primes.  

I'm a control freak, so I don't like how switching to operator mode turns my Excalibur Umbra into a specter, a specter that disables Exalted Blade and forces a recast.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, isbergen said:

And as I said above, Harrow Umbra backstory wrote itself. They would not have had to do anything, the backstory was there already. What a missed opportunity, but that's par for the course with DE.

You talk about this like there can't be a prime and an umbra variant of the same Warframe

2 minutes ago, shocker53 said:

You talk about this like there can't be a prime and an umbra variant of the same Warframe

I didn't mean it to come across that way. Just saying that I would have liked to see an Umbra Harrow more than Prime. At this point Umbra feels more special than Prime because there's only one of them.

2 hours ago, isbergen said:

This basically what I said only using a lot more words.

Phrasing's important, my friend. It's not so much what you said, but the way you said it.

The whole 'but it never happened' is a phrase that comes across to others as bitter, or derogatory, or even just that you believe it will never happen.

People will get on your case if you don't think a little more about how you're saying things. Especially here, a Forum full of people who will argue the Lore of this game into the ground for some fundamentally ridiculous mis-understandings in the phrasing of the Lore.

I would be ok with it if they made it to where when you added a umbra forma to a frame it gave it the specter mechanic and added an option to turn the mechanic on and off as some people don't like it and unlocked a new umbra skin for the frame.

I think excal umbra was a way they could give non founders a prime.

I care more about new umbra mods, stretch, streamline and redirection would be at the top of my most wanted list. I would keep the set bonus topped out at 3 so you can mix and match with the old 3 frame mods.

On a side note why did they make a sacrifical pressure when there's prime pressure point? They could have made a variant of organ shatter.

• Like 1

Hype:

• New Umbra and Sacrifial Polarity.
  • Mag Umbra with special ability.
  • New Rifle with special ability.
  • [Redrection Umbral]; [Stretch Umbral]; [Streamline Umbral].
  • [Metal Auger Sacrificial]; [Split Chamber Sacrificial].

12 hours ago, Famecans said:

Hype:

• New Umbra and Sacrifial Polarity.
  • Mag Umbra with special ability.
  • New Rifle with special ability.
  • [Metal Auger Sacrificial]; [Split Chamber Sacrificial].

What about sacrifical rifle crit mods since we have primed shred (punch though) and galvanized chamber already?

23 hours ago, Famecans said:

Ehhhhh... I genuinely have to ask 'but why?' on Redirection...

Shields have no benefit for being larger. There are only three frames that benefit from having a high Shield pool in any way, and all of them have some reasons why not going into too much shields is fine.

Believe it or not, Valkyr benefits from having high shields. She shouldn't, because the ability that benefits only benefits from the most tiny piece of damage boosting. But she does benefit.

Harrow benefits from having a high shield because the first cast of his 2 creates the Duration from how much Shields he sacrificed. Except that he doesn't need massive shields because he can easily go into Overshields for 2400 points of shield without any mods, and because recasting his 2 will add to the Duration up to a cap of 90 Seconds. So you don't need a high Shield value to play Harrow either.

And the last is, of course, Hildryn. Her Shield is her Energy Pool, which is an oddly interesting concept. The thing there is that she also has the literal strongest Shield Generation ability in the game with her 2 and even with the Augment for her 1. Building for Strength is so strong on Hildryn that she can literally ignore all Efficiency and just regen Shields so well that she'll never even fall out of her 1200 Overshields (where she's also immune to Toxin bypassing her Shields). A Redirection is good to get her going, but in all honesty she doesn't need anything more.

What makes Shields in any way strong is the Shield Gating mechanic, which is currently still nice and exploitable. But even if DE fix things like the Dragon Key reducing Shields to low enough that players can exploit near-infinite Shield Gating, it's still the main draw of how Shields work.

You gain no benefits on any frame for building in more shields once you are beyond level 15 Enemies.

Stretch, Streamline, great picks, ability affecting mods.

But a better one for casters would be Umbral Talent, or Umbral Siphon, maybe Umbral Respite (Umbral Auras? Why not?)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ehhhhh... I genuinely have to ask 'but why?' on Redirection...

Shields have no benefit for being larger. There are only three frames that benefit from having a high Shield pool in any way, and all of them have some reasons why not going into too much shields is fine.

Believe it or not, Valkyr benefits from having high shields. She shouldn't, because the ability that benefits only benefits from the most tiny piece of damage boosting. But she does benefit.

Harrow benefits from having a high shield because the first cast of his 2 creates the Duration from how much Shields he sacrificed. Except that he doesn't need massive shields because he can easily go into Overshields for 2400 points of shield without any mods, and because recasting his 2 will add to the Duration up to a cap of 90 Seconds. So you don't need a high Shield value to play Harrow either.

And the last is, of course, Hildryn. Her Shield is her Energy Pool, which is an oddly interesting concept. The thing there is that she also has the literal strongest Shield Generation ability in the game with her 2 and even with the Augment for her 1. Building for Strength is so strong on Hildryn that she can literally ignore all Efficiency and just regen Shields so well that she'll never even fall out of her 1200 Overshields (where she's also immune to Toxin bypassing her Shields). A Redirection is good to get her going, but in all honesty she doesn't need anything more.

What makes Shields in any way strong is the Shield Gating mechanic, which is currently still nice and exploitable. But even if DE fix things like the Dragon Key reducing Shields to low enough that players can exploit near-infinite Shield Gating, it's still the main draw of how Shields work.

You gain no benefits on any frame for building in more shields once you are beyond level 15 Enemies.

Stretch, Streamline, great picks, ability affecting mods.

It's really useless for most frames so I just predict that DE will try to keep the Shield theme for Mag.
rhino and frost can get benefit from temporary parasite armor but I would love for DE to improve shield mechanics and shieldgating for any build.

48 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Umbral Talent

hey that's sounds pretty good

On 2022-01-19 at 12:57 AM, Famecans said:

hey that's sounds pretty good

Thanks ^^ Let's say they come with something like Ember (another caster, but I have a Latin name for Ember that can match with Excal Umbra; Cinis) 

How about these stats on the new three:

Cinis Streamline, base 30%, levels to 40% and 60% with Set Bonus.

Cinis Stretch, base 45%, levels to 60% and 90% with Set Bonus.

Cinis Talent, base 50%, levels to 60% and 80% with Set Bonus.

The reason for the base stats being identical to the regular stats is similar to the reasoning for Umbral Vitality and Fibre being the same at base, where the extra point cost is for the Tau Resistance, but the set bonus...

Putting them at the same allows the maths of the stacking Set bonus to basically give us a Corrupted mod for both Range and Efficiency without any drawback. (We would then be able to slot Boreal's Hatred for a full 175% Efficiency, too.)

While Casting Speed is not considered an Essential by many, using only three mods on a Caster to achieve the same stats as two Corrupted mods would be... fun ^^

• Like 1