Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

||: ♪♬ I'm making retro console game versions of Warframe soundtracks ♬♪ :||

Disasterchild

6 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Thrilling! 😻 When I was listening, I had feelings like when I first played A Link to the Past and FFIX. Good nostalic feelings for me.

As for your arrangement, I really liked it. I couldn't tell you were limiting yourself to a certain number of voices, it sounds "full" (if that makes any sense).

Thanks for sonic journey.

That's a nice sentiment. <3 Glad I could bring such nostalgia!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Disasterchild said:

It's brief, maybe not the most obvious piece from Warframe, but 'Smiles From Juran' must not be forgotten

Agreed. I like your rendition of this. May I have your permission to download it from youtube to use as a ringtone on my phone?

This is what I am currently using as my ringtone:

Spoiler

It certainly wakes me up! But I think Smiles from Juran could do it without giving me a heart attack :crylaugh:

• Like 1

On 2022-01-23 at 10:39 AM, Disasterchild said:

Bonus round! - 'Corrupted' but in the SNES sound only. I was bored and poked around with setting up the instruments in this song in accord with purely the sound of this console. I deemed it worth sharing

I like it. I can sense the softer instruments you are using. It's been a long time since I played anything SNES, but it sounds right to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Agreed. I like your rendition of this. May I have your permission to download it from youtube to use as a ringtone on my phone?

This is what I am currently using as my ringtone:

Reveal hidden contents

It certainly wakes me up! But I think Smiles from Juran could do it without giving me a heart attack :crylaugh:

Of course, you have my blessing. And I think I need to take a note out of your book and use your current one as my ringtone, because I need something harsher. Currently got a pretty soft Deftones song and the amount of calls I've missed because it's too mellow... haha.

• Like 1

Corpus Walkers are heading to your location - 'March Of The Moa' is done!

I encountered some weird audio glitches when I tried rendering a video file with this track, and I'm not that well-versed with video software so it took me a few days to figure out how to whip it into shape.

• Like 2

'Sentient Tombs' are cracked open and are leaking a woeful song!

This one took a lot to nail, especially with getting all the polyrhythms to fit in a nice way. It's like Keith woke up in a cold sweat one night years ago all like "BUT WHAT IF MANY SPOONS AND CLICKS MAKE MANY BEATS" and just downed a jug of coffee, then ran off to his home studio to created the original to this one. It's also ironic that the sounds I find the hardest to synthesize in this sound are the sounds that are already synthetic in nature. Makes for this strange Uncanny Valley phenomenon of them either not sounding even close, or they get close and just sounds like the original without the retro flare.

In other news: I've got some commission work to write lyrics and record vocals, so I'm going to have to put this project on ice until like sometime next week probably. I want this to be able to grab my full attention. In the meantime, I might post some simpler piano stuff on my channel, just to have something going on.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Disasterchild said:

'Sentient Tombs' are cracked open and are leaking a woeful song!

Wow. You really captured the essence of it. I forgot how much I take music for granted. When I hear something, I don't think to myself "oh violin" or "hey that's a 12 string guitar". Listening to yours and the original I realize what an anomaly this song is regarding instruments.

Good work! 😻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Wow. You really captured the essence of it. I forgot how much I take music for granted. When I hear something, I don't think to myself "oh violin" or "hey that's a 12 string guitar". Listening to yours and the original I realize what an anomaly this song is regarding instruments.

Good work! 😻

Yeah it's eye-opening working like this, dissecting these sonic landscapes and extrapolating some kind of understanding about the individual building blocks. Like even with most digital music, you can hear like "these chord stabs are saw waves" or "this is a triangle wave bass with an acid kick drum on top", but with this song it felt like taste-testing an smorgasbord of variarations of the same things. Like a gourmet platter of synthesizers, haha.

Glad you enjoyed the experience!

Edited by Disasterchild
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

And in horrifying swirls of impossible light and plumes of twisted metal, the Zariman ship resurfaced. 'Canticle' is out for your listening pleasure!

I've been beating myself so hard for not keeping this project active. Lots of struggles with adapting to a full-time position at my office and horrible mental episodes has had me pinned down for a while. I don't know if I can keep up the same schedule that I once wanted, but I have more retrofied Warframe music in the pipes, both currently existing ones and likely something from Duviri when that's dropped.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Disasterchild said:

And in horrifying swirls of impossible light and plumes of twisted metal, the Zariman ship resurfaced. 'Canticle' is out for your listening pleasure!

I've been beating myself so hard for not keeping this project active. Lots of struggles with adapting to a full-time position at my office and horrible mental episodes has had me pinned down for a while. I don't know if I can keep up the same schedule that I once wanted, but I have more retrofied Warframe music in the pipes, both currently existing ones and likely something from Duviri when that's dropped.

Too bad 8bitwarframe is ded, I would personally snatch you like Borat did Pamela and haul you there. +1

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2022-08-11 at 9:41 PM, LillyRaccune said:

I wonder how you would render Daughter's exclusive theme song 🤔

Anyway I hope you are well. 😻 Keep up the good work!

That's a pretty interesting thought, honestly. She's got a few cool tunes in her little infested mp3-player. Could see if I glean some creative ideas from them! Thanks <3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got around to making another one, 'Cold Tundra' out of the Orb Vallis soundtrack. Press play and void some mucking warranties!

Had a long streak of feeling like I lacked direction for this project. Been making remakes of other soundtracks in the same vein of sound, and developing my own understanding how to get the sounds I want.

• Like 2