Do you really think these three years of waiting were for nothing ? -The New War spoiler free rant-

I have just seen a video about The New War Update which made me very upset. The main argument of this video was that The New War took 3 years to complete for a story quest with no impact on the game, and drew two conclusions. Firstly, most players get bored with the game and leave because of updates like this, and secondly, if it took three years for this update, when will the next update be?

I've been playing this game for five years, and I haven't played every day. It's normal. One game is not supposed to occupy my whole life for that long, even as a life service. But I've been playing this game for five years, and I've been coming back for five years. Every update, but also when I feel like it.

I remember when I finished the main quest and started to mingle with the community (and especially watching videos on Youtube), I quickly noticed that there was a category of old players who often complained about the lack of content. I didn't pay too much attention to it, because I had so much left to do on the game that I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of problems before a long time.

But here I am, five years later, and things haven't changed. There's still the same noisy minority who log in at minute 1 of every update, speedrun everything in a few hours, only to go on twitter and youtube to complain about the lack of content in the game before I've even had time to log in once to test myself the content of the new update. I had the opportunity to play with these players. On community discords. These are the players who feel that if it takes us more than 45 seconds to take down this or that boss, they shouldn't waste their time with us.

Mock me if you want, but I got my nechramech a month before the new war was released. I still don't have any ephemera from the parvos sisters, and my reputation with the Quills is still level 2.  I'm taking my time on the game, moving forward with what I want, when I want. I enjoy it. I'm having fun. This game is meant to be played. Not for speedrunned.

If we take the updates of the last three years of the game, that is to say since the last story quest "The Sacrifice", we end up with this list so big that it's absurd.

-Fortuna, an absolutely massive open world with a tremendous amount of content.
-The Jovian Concord, the first global ingame redesign, the first stone of the Deadlock Protocol.
-The Old Blood, The Liches kuva and a custom boss system running through the missions.
-Empyrean, The Railjack and its complete gameplay.
-The Deadlock Protocol, a complete rework of the Corpus, one of the major factions of the game.
-Heart of Deimos, a new open world different from anything we knew before + the implementation of the Nechramech
-Call of the Tempestarii, introduction of the Sisters of Parvos, as they and the Kuva Liches are catapulted into space to fuse in with the Railjack system

This is of course without counting Scarlet Spear and co. I cannot attempt to list the amount of technical prowess, gameplay systems, and hours of gameplay that this list has given us. And you would see it if you were forced back into the Warframe from January 2019.

For those who don't understand: The New War was never intended to be an update that transformed the game. It can't be. It's not realistic and D.E. knew it from the start.
The New War was, for three years, the driving force behind the development of the game. The goal to be achieved. From a pragmatic and practical point of view, The New War can be seen as a demo of the game, because it shows all the best the game has to offer.

For me, the last three years have been a journey like no other, where the game has transformed from its "mouse in a maze" model to a full-scale space opera. I've been with it throughout this metamorphosis and The New War is a testament to that. All of these systems and environments are merged in this quest that took me five hours and three play sessions to complete.

Having said that, I want to address those players who wipe the updates in a matter of hours and then complain that they are bored. You have no idea what a gem you have in your hands. You act like spoiled children and hide behind the "I'm saying this to help D.E. improve" argument. They have their faults, but the results they get with such an ambitious game are impressive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This game is not meant to be a speedrun. Yet you've been doing it for years with every update, only to complain and come back.

It makes the community atmosphere unhealthy, and must be very discouraging for D.E. employees, especially considering how much passion they put into the game. So please, choose. Either don't like the game as it is designed in the first place and leave it, or behave decently and acknowledge the quality of what you are given.

• Like 37

Oh no, people are disappointed so the queen needs protection.

22 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

PS stop talking for everyone 

Read again, no one did that.

I liked the assumption where anyone faster or disappointed is a speedrunner.

Edited by sitfesz
  • Like 6

Fascinating.  So out of a random sample of invested Warframe players, 30% didn't like the quest.  That flies against the poll pretty hard.

3 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

We not interested in opinion of voices in your head.

PS stop talking for everyone 

Don't be a jerk man.

Edited by five13
  • Like 2

Il y a 3 heures, Moxu42 a dit :

I have just seen a video about The New War Update which made me very upset. The main argument of this video was that The New War took 3 years to complete for a story quest with no impact on the game, and drew two conclusions. Firstly, most players get bored with the game and leave because of updates like this, and secondly, if it took three years for this update, when will the next update be?

I've been playing this game for five years, and I haven't played every day. It's normal. One game is not supposed to occupy my whole life for that long, even as a life service. But I've been playing this game for five years, and I've been coming back for five years. Every update, but also when I feel like it.

I remember when I finished the main quest and started to mingle with the community (and especially watching videos on Youtube), I quickly noticed that there was a category of old players who often complained about the lack of content. I didn't pay too much attention to it, because I had so much left to do on the game that I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of problems before a long time.

But here I am, five years later, and things haven't changed. There's still the same noisy minority who log in at minute 1 of every update, speedrun everything in a few hours, only to go on twitter and youtube to complain about the lack of content in the game before I've even had time to log in once to test myself the content of the new update. I had the opportunity to play with these players. On community discords. These are the players who feel that if it takes us more than 45 seconds to take down this or that boss, they shouldn't waste their time with us.

Mock me if you want, but I got my nechramech a month before the new war was released. I still don't have any ephemera from the parvos sisters, and my reputation with the Quills is still level 2.  I'm taking my time on the game, moving forward with what I want, when I want. I enjoy it. I'm having fun. This game is meant to be played. Not for speedrunned.

If we take the updates of the last three years of the game, that is to say since the last story quest "The Sacrifice", we end up with this list so big that it's absurd.

-Fortuna, an absolutely massive open world with a tremendous amount of content.
-The Jovian Concord, the first global ingame redesign, the first stone of the Deadlock Protocol.
-The Old Blood, The Liches kuva and a custom boss system running through the missions.
-Empyrean, The Railjack and its complete gameplay.
-The Deadlock Protocol, a complete rework of the Corpus, one of the major factions of the game.
-Heart of Deimos, a new open world different from anything we knew before + the implementation of the Nechramech
-Call of the Tempestarii, introduction of the Sisters of Parvos, as they and the Kuva Liches are catapulted into space to fuse in with the Railjack system

This is of course without counting Scarlet Spear and co. I cannot attempt to list the amount of technical prowess, gameplay systems, and hours of gameplay that this list has given us. And you would see it if you were forced back into the Warframe from January 2019.

For those who don't understand: The New War was never intended to be an update that transformed the game. It can't be. It's not realistic and D.E. knew it from the start.
The New War was, for three years, the driving force behind the development of the game. The goal to be achieved. From a pragmatic and practical point of view, The New War can be seen as a demo of the game, because it shows all the best the game has to offer.

For me, the last three years have been a journey like no other, where the game has transformed from its "mouse in a maze" model to a full-scale space opera. I've been with it throughout this metamorphosis and The New War is a testament to that. All of these systems and environments are merged in this quest that took me five hours and three play sessions to complete.

Having said that, I want to address those players who wipe the updates in a matter of hours and then complain that they are bored. You have no idea what a gem you have in your hands. You act like spoiled children and hide behind the "I'm saying this to help D.E. improve" argument. They have their faults, but the results they get with such an ambitious game are impressive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This game is not meant to be a speedrun. Yet you've been doing it for years with every update, only to complain and come back.

It makes the community atmosphere unhealthy, and must be very discouraging for D.E. employees, especially considering how much passion they put into the game. So please, choose. Either don't like the game as it is designed in the first place and leave it, or behave decently and acknowledge the quality of what you are given.

Quest was nice  but yes the impact on the wold was quite underwhelming to say the least :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Syln said:

Quest was nice  but yes the impact on the wold was quite underwhelming to say the least :D

I hope we will get more, possibly much more post New War things to do. Devstream on 28th should offer some details on that. I see a lot of promise in new faction and changes to open worlds, but i have no idea how to add a new activities without dividing the player base. Realisticaly, New War is MR8+, so huge part of newbish Tenno community would be left in an empty place, with not many 'veterans' interested in doing old content. 

• Like 2

The argument presented was a dumb one, so I dismissed it. As a YouTuber, it's very simple to guide people to believe what you want them to believe in order to gain there views and increase profits. In fact, Americans are painfully aware of how very little is needed to cause maximum stupidity so it's also no surprise that most of those types of videos come from American YouTubers. One of those dudes even had a stream showing their excitement and joy of playing the quest...only to have a follow-up review video pretending to think it was average. Go figure...

In that, I say don't worry about it OP. Those dudes are clickbaiting to gain views and already know a pandemic was the reason for the changes. Saying that, however, is not what their easily tranced viewership wants to see so they, instead, attempt to downplay so the comment section can have the "white knights are running the game" fights. Jerry Springer 101.

Let them all remain stupid. It makes no difference to everyone else. Notice how they still play the game but, most importantly, how much they NEED to talk about Warframe? Look at their view counts with anything Warframe versus all of their other material. That should tell you why they do the BS clickbaiting in the first place.

• Like 12

On 2022-01-17 at 3:25 PM, (PSN)Jacobivan said:

I hope we will get more, possibly much more post New War things to do. Devstream on 28th should offer some details on that. I see a lot of promise in new faction and changes to open worlds, but i have no idea how to add a new activities without dividing the player base. Realisticaly, New War is MR8+, so huge part of newbish Tenno community would be left in an empty place, with not many 'veterans' interested in doing old content. 

At the very least I would like they make Narmer invasion missions, and design some Narmer commanders to face off.

Edited by Pavelord

il y a 57 minutes, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 a dit :

The argument presented was a dumb one, so I dismissed it. As a YouTuber, it's very simple to guide people to believe what you want them to believe in order to gain there views and increase profits. In fact, Americans are painfully aware of how very little is needed to cause maximum stupidity so it's also no surprise that most of those types of videos come from American YouTubers. One of those dudes even had a stream showing their excitement and joy of playing the quest...only to have a follow-up review video pretending to think it was average. Go figure...

In that, I say don't worry about it OP. Those dudes are clickbaiting to gain views and already know a pandemic was the reason for the changes. Saying that, however, is not what their easily tranced viewership wants to see so they, instead, attempt to downplay so the comment section can have the "white knights are running the game" fights. Jerry Springer 101.

Let them all remain stupid. It makes no difference to everyone else. Notice how they still play the game but, most importantly, how much they NEED to talk about Warframe? Look at their view counts with anything Warframe versus all of their other material. That should tell you why they do the BS clickbaiting in the first place.

^ I mean you, thanks ;) Sry i'm not used to forums

• Like 1

if the only thing they did this past 3 years was releasing the new war quest then yes it was disappointing but that's not the case, having said that i still don't have the desire to play the quest as it doesn't really open up any new gameplay modes or tilesets etc ... and i'm not playing warframe for it's story.

as almost anything in life you can't really change people's opinion about it so it's pointless to worry about it, if this quest was the best in the gaming history you would still find people who would say it was a waste of time.

• Like 2

A content update would have been more welcome. I get that urge for DE guys to scaffold great storymaking, I'm certain that they enjoyed working on the new war and I'm happy for them. I'd buy it, if it was B2P like I'd pay 3-4$ per hours of content of that quality + weapons unlocks(like 10-15$ for the new war quest and access to those crap bounties), make money by expanding your model then but don't delay gameplay content again like that please. New gameplay layers, new bosses, new missions types is what will drive the game forward better in the long run.

At the end of the day the quest was very good, I enjoyed it, however it was not what I was waiting. A pleasant surprise is not worth a big disapointment nor a massive delay.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

One of those dudes even had a stream showing their excitement and joy of playing the quest...only to have a follow-up review video pretending to think it was average. Go figure...

honeymoon period. When you're super excited about something first impressions are often more overly positive ignoring flaws. When playing through it it's fine but when you start actually thinking about the quest objectively it gets more meh.

For me I thought it was pretty good, not there best quest but up there. Also had some glaring story issues that seemed like they ran out of time to flesh out, not gonna spoil but it felt like most of the character got barely any time to shine. Gameplay also had this issue, was expecting a lot more "war" than what we got.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It might've been announced 3 years ago but it doesn't mean it was worked on for 3 years

This....

After all.... It's not like we got absolutely Zero Updates within those Three Years....👍

7 hours ago, _junguler said:

if the only thing they did this past 3 years was releasing the new war quest then yes it was disappointing but that's not the case, having said that i still don't have the desire to play the quest as it doesn't really open up any new gameplay modes or tilesets etc ... and i'm not playing warframe for it's story.

That's good.... 

I don't think you will appreciate the changes they made to Cetus and Fortuna.... They are permanent and you won't be Able go back to their Original State 👀

Naturally you won't know until you see it for yourself....😱

Okay so I have a Question....

If DE had worked on the New War Quietly and only Announced it 6 Months Ago instead of 3 Years Ago.....

Would that make people less Dissapointed ? 🤔

• Like 1

As long as there is this something called "Free Will" exist, There's always going to be lovers and haters. You cannot change that. You can present 1000 good things about this game and they still won't change their mind because they choose to do so. Don't think about them, leave them to their unconstructive rants.

On 2022-01-18 at 5:45 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

the honest truth is- even the haters love WF. I see them here update after update. 

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

If they genuinely hated the game, they would leave it and move on. Wasting your time to care about something you hate that saps your precious time is beyond me.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

tumblr_inline_otwszsyaxG1sg06lu_1280.png

95% of Warframe Youtuber's desperately need to touch grass.

Spoiler

Only ones I personally care to watch are MrWarframe Guy, Rahetalius and Quite Shallow.

10 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

the honest truth is- even the haters love WF. I see them here update after update. 

giphy.gif