Do you really think these three years of waiting were for nothing ? -The New War spoiler free rant-

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

This....

After all.... It's not like we got absolutely Zero Updates within those Three Years....👍

i actually summed them all up a while back, went back to go yoink that data just for funsies:

since the sacrifice we got:

Spoiler

>mask of the revenant: a new quest and frame.

>chimera: arbitrations, a whole host of changes

>fortuna: a new openworld, two new factions to level up with, garuda's release

>the profit taker boss fight, the release of nightwave,

>hildryn, thermia fractures, the exploiter boss fight.

>plains of eidolon remaster

>the gas city remaster, wisps release along with amalgams and the ropalolyst boss fight

>wukong rework

>gauss released

>grendel released, kuva liches, more melee changes, vauban and ember reworked.

>the drydock got released in prep for railjack. with all of the systems that entails as well as orbiter 2.0 and archwing changes

>the railjack got released with the 3 proxima's.

>kuva liches got an update

>the "warframe revised" update released. with many MAJOR changes. they legitimately opened 15 SPECIFIC feedback threads for this update.

>operation scarlet spear released

>railjack got even more updates

>the glassmaker nightwave got released

>the deadlock protocol quest got released, along with the new corpus ship and jackal rework. plus protea is a thing now. granum void also became a thing. 

>the steel path got released 

>the derelict no longer requires keys to do.

>heart of deimos got released, including iso vaults and necramechs. plus xaku.

>heart of deimos got more content

>orphix venom brought the new gamemode orphix, along with lavos.

>railjack retrofit happened, bringing even more railjack changes and the corpus proxima

>call of the tempestarii happened, bringing with it sevagoth and another quest. 

>sisters of parvos brought the corpus liches and everything that comes with that.

>during this time, a bunch of events happened, multiple deluxe skins got released and multiple primes got released.

>prime resurgence happened. 

so doing a count we have:
2 new openworlds
1 reworked openworld
14 warframes (i forgot baruuk and yareli somewhere in there)
at least 3 reworked warframes
2 new forms of endgame
6 new bosses
corpus AND kuva liches
two new "ways to play" in railjack and necramechs, as well as a new mode of transport in kdrives
2 reworked tilesets
3 or 4 quests at least? 
multiple compelling stories in nightwave
a whole host of new ways to look cool with new primes and new deluxe skins.
at least two new warframe gamemodes (three if orphix is counted). 
one S#&$ty event and a couple of good ones (looking at you scarlet spear)

during these "3 years of waiting for the new war", close to 1/4th of the updates this game has gotten happened. u23.5 to u30. and remember: u1 to u6 were all closed beta. so we're only 23 updates into open beta at this point and 6.5 of those were during "the new wait".

honestly, i think "the wait within" was worse than "the new wait". or maybe i just remember it being worse.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Okay so I have a Question....

If DE had worked on the New War Quietly and only Announced it 6 Months Ago instead of 3 Years Ago.....

Would that make people less Dissapointed ? 🤔

Possibly some of those who were disappointed would have been happier because here wouldn't have been the same level of built-up expectation (although that's by no means a given, because people). But then there would have been 2 and a half years of people complaining "this game has no direction", "where's the story?"  and so on before the announcement, which doesn't sound like a general improvement overall.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

If DE had worked on the New War Quietly and only Announced it 6 Months Ago instead of 3 Years Ago.....

I think I got your answer somewhere, hang on...

"The new war update was disappointing, the quest felt rushed, full of bugs, dumb mechanics, DE should've taken more time working on the quest"

There you go

• Like 3

I liked the new war. It had some vaguely challenging gameplay, gave us answers to various questions, wrapped up a long standing story arc and set us up for a new twist in the story. And most of all, I enjoyed my time playing it.

now as for these 2 replies...

21 hours ago, Yrkul said:

A lot of us thought The New War was arse. Get over it.

17 likes as of this reply

21 hours ago, vanaukas said:

A lot of us thought The New War was amazing. Thank you for your input.

32 likes as of this reply

'nuff said

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Wasn't that how Deimos happen? It came of nowhere IIRC

17 hours ago, Syln said:

but yes the impact on the wold was quite underwhelming to say the least :D

Post-quest content being lacking is something I think most people agree on, I know we are suppose to get more of it later, but that doesn't change it how underwhelming it fits now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stormy505 said:

honeymoon period. When you're super excited about something first impressions are often more overly positive ignoring flaws. When playing through it it's fine but when you start actually thinking about the quest objectively it gets more meh.

For me I thought it was pretty good, not there best quest but up there. Also had some glaring story issues that seemed like they ran out of time to flesh out, not gonna spoil but it felt like most of the character got barely any time to shine. Gameplay also had this issue, was expecting a lot more "war" than what we got.

Honeymoon period? So, in other words, we should ignore the fun we actually had, SNAP OUT OF IT and then force ourselves to dive deep and see if the gameplay was really fun? Uhhh, no thank you. That's a fatal flaw of movie reviewers that often get them fired or reprimanded. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

the honest truth is- even the haters love WF. I see them here update after update. 

Maybe the people who are critical of the game don't actually hate the game, Perhaps that's why they're here update after update. After all, you're the one who labels them haters, not them.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rylor Threev said:

I think I got your answer somewhere, hang on...

"The new war update was disappointing, the quest felt rushed, full of bugs, dumb mechanics, DE should've taken more time working on the quest"

There you go

I think if they'd actually taken 3 years to work on the quest, it would've been better than it was. I don't think it necessarily would take them that long to work on it, though. If they'd worked on it in earnest for a year and a half instead of rushing it in the past several months (as they do with most content they announce and then forget about for 2.5 years), then they would've had the time to add significant post-quest content. But the whole reason the quest isn't as good as it could've been and the reason they "didn't have time" to do anything other than the quest itself is because they didn't work on it for 3 years. They worked on a whole lot of other stuff for roughly 2 and a half years and then rushed development of The New War quest.

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, OniDax said:

I think if they'd actually taken 3 years to work on the quest, it would've been better than it was. I don't think it necessarily would take them that long to work on it, though. If they'd worked on it in earnest for a year and a half instead of rushing it in the past several months (as they do with most content they announce and then forget about for 2.5 years), then they would've had the time to add significant post-quest content. But the whole reason the quest isn't as good as it could've been and the reason they "didn't have time" to do anything other than the quest itself is because they didn't work on it for 3 years. They worked on a whole lot of other stuff for roughly 2 and a half years and then rushed development of The New War quest.

The thing is: we can only assume what happened, we don't know how DE manages, prioritizes development, etc. it has been said multiple times, that there will be future post new war updates. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Khora concept was a thing years before they released the warframe, multiple ideas for her kit were created before, you could assume the same thing for NW, both for story and content

The quest could have been better? YES! what I'm assuming here is: they scraped the post new war content to deliver it later, and at least deliver the story content in time, which is way easier to program and bugfix, we will have more details in the next devstream, I'm waiting to hear what they have to say

Edited by (XBOX)Rylor Threev
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rylor Threev said:

The thing is: we can only assume what happened, we don't know how DE manages, prioritizes development, etc. it has been said multiple times, that there will be future post new war updates. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Khora concept was a thing years before they released the warframe, multiple ideas for her kit were created before, you could assume the same thing for NW, both for story and content

The quest could have been better? YES! what I'm assuming here is: they scraped the post new war content to deliver it later, and at least deliver the story content in time, which is way easier to program and bugfix, we will have more details in the next devstream, I'm waiting to hear what they have to say

We know enough of how they manage the game based on 8 years of history with DE, their own comments regarding when they announce things and when they start working on those things, and from employee reviews of the company's management.

But, ultimately, it doesn't matter. I'm long past the point of expecting DE to do the sort of things that some people were expecting/asking for with this quest. The random, segregated manner in which they add content to the game, especially when it comes to improvements, reworks, and replayable content that meaningfully supports their mainline content, has left me being unsurprised that there is no meaningful post-quest content. The future content I expect from DE is a small expansion of Narmer bounties on the open worlds. I don't expect more because of the way the story ends (where it pretty much ends the New War).

Furthermore, it's not even what I really want from DE; what I'd prefer is all-new movement and combat animations that are up to AAA standards. That would improve the feeling of the game for me and make me want to play Warframe more than an hour a week. That desire also has nothing to do with the quest, so I digress there.

Edited by OniDax

On 2022-01-17 at 1:38 PM, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It might've been announced 3 years ago but it doesn't mean it was worked on for 3 years

Indeed. Those people act like they have a spreadsheet of what each DE employee was working on every day broken down by the hour.

FWIW, I really enjoyed the quest other than feeling let-down by the 3rd Archon fight (After enjoying the fights against the first 2 so much, killing the last one in one hit felt so anticlimactic that I initially thought I encountered a bug) and Erra's questionable change of heart and "redemption".

Other than that? Kudos to DE for a job very well done in my opinion.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

Honestly, I think you're giving way too much credit to what sounds like a poorly thought out YouTube video; it doesn't deserve real estate in your brain or on this message board.  Bad takes are a dime a dozen on the internet, I'd recommend you move past the content creators you disagree with and find some that you vibe with. I haven't seen any of the content creators I follow gripe at all about the New War; from what I've seen they just loved it.

• Like 2

for me it is pretty obvious that all content that they have in new war was made in few first months , then they were doing nothing for 2 years using covid as excuse and 1 month before release they started gluing all they had together
btw half of the quest looks like just decoration with nothing else

• Like 3

On 2022-01-17 at 6:31 PM, Moxu42 said:

I have just seen a video about The New War Update which made me very upset. The main argument of this video was that The New War took 3 years to complete for a story quest with no impact on the game, and drew two conclusions. Firstly, most players get bored with the game and leave because of updates like this, and secondly, if it took three years for this update, when will the next update be?

I've been playing this game for five years, and I haven't played every day. It's normal. One game is not supposed to occupy my whole life for that long, even as a life service. But I've been playing this game for five years, and I've been coming back for five years. Every update, but also when I feel like it.

I remember when I finished the main quest and started to mingle with the community (and especially watching videos on Youtube), I quickly noticed that there was a category of old players who often complained about the lack of content. I didn't pay too much attention to it, because I had so much left to do on the game that I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of problems before a long time.

But here I am, five years later, and things haven't changed. There's still the same noisy minority who log in at minute 1 of every update, speedrun everything in a few hours, only to go on twitter and youtube to complain about the lack of content in the game before I've even had time to log in once to test myself the content of the new update. I had the opportunity to play with these players. On community discords. These are the players who feel that if it takes us more than 45 seconds to take down this or that boss, they shouldn't waste their time with us.

Mock me if you want, but I got my nechramech a month before the new war was released. I still don't have any ephemera from the parvos sisters, and my reputation with the Quills is still level 2.  I'm taking my time on the game, moving forward with what I want, when I want. I enjoy it. I'm having fun. This game is meant to be played. Not for speedrunned.

If we take the updates of the last three years of the game, that is to say since the last story quest "The Sacrifice", we end up with this list so big that it's absurd.

-Fortuna, an absolutely massive open world with a tremendous amount of content.
-The Jovian Concord, the first global ingame redesign, the first stone of the Deadlock Protocol.
-The Old Blood, The Liches kuva and a custom boss system running through the missions.
-Empyrean, The Railjack and its complete gameplay.
-The Deadlock Protocol, a complete rework of the Corpus, one of the major factions of the game.
-Heart of Deimos, a new open world different from anything we knew before + the implementation of the Nechramech
-Call of the Tempestarii, introduction of the Sisters of Parvos, as they and the Kuva Liches are catapulted into space to fuse in with the Railjack system

This is of course without counting Scarlet Spear and co. I cannot attempt to list the amount of technical prowess, gameplay systems, and hours of gameplay that this list has given us. And you would see it if you were forced back into the Warframe from January 2019.

For those who don't understand: The New War was never intended to be an update that transformed the game. It can't be. It's not realistic and D.E. knew it from the start.
The New War was, for three years, the driving force behind the development of the game. The goal to be achieved. From a pragmatic and practical point of view, The New War can be seen as a demo of the game, because it shows all the best the game has to offer.

For me, the last three years have been a journey like no other, where the game has transformed from its "mouse in a maze" model to a full-scale space opera. I've been with it throughout this metamorphosis and The New War is a testament to that. All of these systems and environments are merged in this quest that took me five hours and three play sessions to complete.

Having said that, I want to address those players who wipe the updates in a matter of hours and then complain that they are bored. You have no idea what a gem you have in your hands. You act like spoiled children and hide behind the "I'm saying this to help D.E. improve" argument. They have their faults, but the results they get with such an ambitious game are impressive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This game is not meant to be a speedrun. Yet you've been doing it for years with every update, only to complain and come back.

It makes the community atmosphere unhealthy, and must be very discouraging for D.E. employees, especially considering how much passion they put into the game. So please, choose. Either don't like the game as it is designed in the first place and leave it, or behave decently and acknowledge the quality of what you are given.

the best the game has to offer... 

bad face animation, sluggish operator with M and F having a 20 year age difference, the removal of choice, the removal of "play your way" for "follow the corridor" 

bugs, button prompt that don't acknowledge rebound controls.. 

I don't think that the last 3 years gave us nothing. 

I'd prefer nothing over this, nothing doesn't ruin the love I had for the game out of a personal thing I don't expect DE to understand or care about, because its literally a niche issue - but one that could have been avoided by doing some small things like decoupling the face and body type and getting Digital artists that can age up spoiler mode so people don't get confused when they learn that sluggo is supposed to be the operator. 

• Like 4

Quest was ok. Title was a bit misleading. "The Missed War" would fit better. But that's ok.

At least it made me play warframe again for some hours since about over a year or so... unfortunately there is no real postwar content and also the new frame is not really good/fun so I am back in offline mode - reading forums from time to time just in case something interesting happens in warframe. ;)

IMO a better new war update would have been:

grineer part - corpus part - small drifter part where we get our frames back and maybe fight one boss.

then quest is over for now and back to starchart where war happens (and if it would have been just one planet in war-state for now)

• Like 3

On 2022-01-17 at 11:32 PM, Lutesque said:

Would that make people less Dissapointed

They'd probably be more angry than disappointed I'd guess. Like if de had radio silence I think people would care less about the new quest regardless of whether they liked or disliked it and they would focus on the lack of communication from devs. Although it depends on other aspects in the hypothetical.

Its not so much the 3 years of working of the new war, but 3 years of building up to it. 3 years of "OMG you guys, keep playing, we have such a good thing for you", 3 years of constant anticipation, quests giving us drips of lore, gameplay building on the lore for us to discover, fan theories, updates adding more snippets and possibilities, articles written abotu it, videos posted analysing it.

And then the entire thing, wrapped up in 3 minutes of storytime.

Imagine the Marvel Cinematic Universe, movie after movie, all in the same world, building up more and more characters for a final amazing finale, and then Disney puts out a 2 minute youtube post that says "and then they all fought the bad guys, and Iron Man dies". That's your equivalent here.  It was such a let-down in terms of buildup, the quest was good, the technical stuff was great, but the story was throwaway and an insult to everyone who cared about the characters and the plot. Ballas, Erra, Teshin - major characters in the story, thrown away like they were level 1 grineer. Kahl and Veso had more plot emphasis to them that these guys did.

I wish the quest had been better, had actually changed the world more than 2 simple tilesets, that Lotus hd moved on and let us develop instead of just going back to the old ways of sending us out to murder everything as if nothing had ever happened. And if you blinked, you would have missed both the war and the narmer empire. That's not what anyone expected from this denouement quest, the final chapter in a story built up for years.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Its not so much the 3 years of working of the new war, but 3 years of building up to it. 3 years of "OMG you guys, keep playing, we have such a good thing for you", 3 years of constant anticipation, quests giving us drips of lore, gameplay building on the lore for us to discover, fan theories, updates adding more snippets and possibilities, articles written abotu it, videos posted analysing it.

And then the entire thing, wrapped up in 3 minutes of storytime.

Imagine the Marvel Cinematic Universe, movie after movie, all in the same world, building up more and more characters for a final amazing finale, and then Disney puts out a 2 minute youtube post that says "and then they all fought the bad guys, and Iron Man dies". That's your equivalent here.  It was such a let-down in terms of buildup, the quest was good, the technical stuff was great, but the story was throwaway and an insult to everyone who cared about the characters and the plot. Ballas, Erra, Teshin - major characters in the story, thrown away like they were level 1 grineer. Kahl and Veso had more plot emphasis to them that these guys did.

I wish the quest had been better, had actually changed the world more than 2 simple tilesets, that Lotus hd moved on and let us develop instead of just going back to the old ways of sending us out to murder everything as if nothing had ever happened. And if you blinked, you would have missed both the war and the narmer empire. That's not what anyone expected from this denouement quest, the final chapter in a story built up for years.

Here's another example,. It would be like if, after Black Panther came out, we got Infinity War, and instead of us getting to see Thanos work to recover the Infinity Stones and see the Avengers and other heroes struggle against him, we just get the few scenes of the heroes fighting Thanos' henchmen in the beginning, and then jump to the Avengers defeated and everyone being dusted, and then jump to Endgame where they're just going to recover the stones from different timelines, without ever really getting to see the heroes struggle against Thanos himself until the end of endgame. And, even then, we're treated to a single hero fighting Thanos alone instead of a big battle for the ages like we got in both movies. DE didn't really present an all-out war because they were never interested in doing so. They just wanted people to believe they were because they knew the false marketing would draw a lot of people back to the game and draw a lot of attention to them. It's the same reason they do their Tennocon thing every year. It's just their way of trying to get attention from the industry that they otherwise wouldn't get.

• Like 5

Hi all. I think the covid thing, this great MYTH about hard to get together and resources is not TRUE!!! Millions of people are doing remote work at home on PC laptop. DE does not need to be all together in one place. Graphics where great. sound was great. Story line was choppy and game-play was below standards. in places. I give it TNW (after 3 years effort) has a grade of C-.

PS Personal opinion, dont flame me!

Edited by o1517
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, OniDax said:

Here's another example

Obviously we need the Snyder Cut of this quest. 😁

1 hour ago, o1517 said:

DE does not need to be all together in one place

Half and half, I understand - the voice actors need to be in a studio so it can sound good, phoning in the lines isn't going to work. But all the rest is fine, and the story part (the part of this quest that is objectively the weakest) can 100% be done at home, or on a park bench with a notebook.

• Like 2

On 2022-01-20 at 1:56 PM, Merrcenary said:

for me it is pretty obvious that all content that they have in new war was made in few first months , then they were doing nothing for 2 years using covid as excuse and 1 month before release they started gluing all they had together
btw half of the quest looks like just decoration with nothing else

Let's just pretend that anything released in that 2 years either doesn't exist or just appear out of fookin' thin air, aye? They did nothin' right?

On 2022-01-18 at 7:49 PM, SDGDen said:

i actually summed them all up a while back, went back to go yoink that data just for funsies:

since the sacrifice we got:

Reveal hidden contents

>mask of the revenant: a new quest and frame.

>chimera: arbitrations, a whole host of changes

>fortuna: a new openworld, two new factions to level up with, garuda's release

>the profit taker boss fight, the release of nightwave,

>hildryn, thermia fractures, the exploiter boss fight.

>plains of eidolon remaster

>the gas city remaster, wisps release along with amalgams and the ropalolyst boss fight

>wukong rework

>gauss released

>grendel released, kuva liches, more melee changes, vauban and ember reworked.

>the drydock got released in prep for railjack. with all of the systems that entails as well as orbiter 2.0 and archwing changes

>the railjack got released with the 3 proxima's.

>kuva liches got an update

>the "warframe revised" update released. with many MAJOR changes. they legitimately opened 15 SPECIFIC feedback threads for this update.

>operation scarlet spear released

>railjack got even more updates

>the glassmaker nightwave got released

>the deadlock protocol quest got released, along with the new corpus ship and jackal rework. plus protea is a thing now. granum void also became a thing. 

>the steel path got released 

>the derelict no longer requires keys to do.

>heart of deimos got released, including iso vaults and necramechs. plus xaku.

>heart of deimos got more content

>orphix venom brought the new gamemode orphix, along with lavos.

>railjack retrofit happened, bringing even more railjack changes and the corpus proxima

>call of the tempestarii happened, bringing with it sevagoth and another quest. 

>sisters of parvos brought the corpus liches and everything that comes with that.

>during this time, a bunch of events happened, multiple deluxe skins got released and multiple primes got released.

>prime resurgence happened. 

so doing a count we have:
2 new openworlds
1 reworked openworld
14 warframes (i forgot baruuk and yareli somewhere in there)
at least 3 reworked warframes
2 new forms of endgame
6 new bosses
corpus AND kuva liches
two new "ways to play" in railjack and necramechs, as well as a new mode of transport in kdrives
2 reworked tilesets
3 or 4 quests at least? 
multiple compelling stories in nightwave
a whole host of new ways to look cool with new primes and new deluxe skins.
at least two new warframe gamemodes (three if orphix is counted). 
one S#&$ty event and a couple of good ones (looking at you scarlet spear)

during these "3 years of waiting for the new war", close to 1/4th of the updates this game has gotten happened. u23.5 to u30. and remember: u1 to u6 were all closed beta. so we're only 23 updates into open beta at this point and 6.5 of those were during "the new wait".

honestly, i think "the wait within" was worse than "the new wait". or maybe i just remember it being worse.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, o1517 said:

DE does not need to be all together in one place.

well yes but actually no.

at a small scale, work-from-home does not affect performance and in some cases can improve performance (no commute = more time to rest = more energy to do work)

the issue is that game development is a VERY collaborative process, DE has well over 200 employees, even if only a third of them are actually working on the game and the rest are customer service/administration/community etc (which i doubt, i'd imagine the number is closer to 2/3rds), there's 66 people working on the game at the same time.

somehow connecting the workspaces of 66 people when it comes to working on such a large project (remember, the game is 3 to 5x compressed, compression can't be applied to the "development" version of the game, so they're working with 90 to 150 gigabytes of data here) is difficult. 

this isn't a DE-exclusive problem either, a survey by the GDC in 2020 reported 44% of developers had delays due to work-from-home, citing the following issues:

>setbacks due to transitioning from office to workfromhome, having to re-do some of the development workflow to suit workfromhome needs.
>difficulty in doing ad-hoc problem solving without physically being in the same space.
>struggles with voiceover recording
>increased stress on servers
>reduced workstation capacity/function, obviously employees cant all take their office workstation home, which means they're left with less screen real-estate and less performance in many cases. this is especially a problem for 3d modellers and sound designers who both use MASSIVE amounts of resources. 

there's also employees getting sick and being unable to work, employees taking time off to care for their spouse or children who have gotten sick or various other caregiving responsibilities, increased general stress due to the pandemic.

the most commonly cited issue with shifting to work from home is collaboration, close collaboration between people within the studio is much harder while remote. some studio's that publicly stated they were having issues with this are square enix, harmonix and respawn entertainment.

direct quote: 
"Aside from technical challenges, there’s a creative hurdle. You lose the hallway conversations. You lose the people sitting on a couch and discussing something for an hour or two. You miss the lunch conversations. All of that goes away and becomes scheduled instead of happening naturally."
this was said by chad grenier, former game director for apex legends as well as various CoD's and both titanfalls. 

now one thing that has to be said: this is NOT because the work-from-home model itself is a failure, individually, many employees at various studio's have performed much better. 

the issue is that this work-from-home model is very, VERY new. not refined at all and we have yet to iron out many of the troubles with it. which is why currently, it causes massive amounts of delays. 

give it another 10 years and those issues will be fixed, allowing for even faster game development than before. 

• Like 2

On 2022-01-17 at 11:01 PM, Moxu42 said:

I have just seen a video about The New War Update which made me very upset. The main argument of this video was that The New War took 3 years to complete for a story quest with no impact on the game, and drew two conclusions. Firstly, most players get bored with the game and leave because of updates like this, and secondly, if it took three years for this update, when will the next update be?

I've been playing this game for five years, and I haven't played every day. It's normal. One game is not supposed to occupy my whole life for that long, even as a life service. But I've been playing this game for five years, and I've been coming back for five years. Every update, but also when I feel like it.

I remember when I finished the main quest and started to mingle with the community (and especially watching videos on Youtube), I quickly noticed that there was a category of old players who often complained about the lack of content. I didn't pay too much attention to it, because I had so much left to do on the game that I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of problems before a long time.

But here I am, five years later, and things haven't changed. There's still the same noisy minority who log in at minute 1 of every update, speedrun everything in a few hours, only to go on twitter and youtube to complain about the lack of content in the game before I've even had time to log in once to test myself the content of the new update. I had the opportunity to play with these players. On community discords. These are the players who feel that if it takes us more than 45 seconds to take down this or that boss, they shouldn't waste their time with us.

Mock me if you want, but I got my nechramech a month before the new war was released. I still don't have any ephemera from the parvos sisters, and my reputation with the Quills is still level 2.  I'm taking my time on the game, moving forward with what I want, when I want. I enjoy it. I'm having fun. This game is meant to be played. Not for speedrunned.

If we take the updates of the last three years of the game, that is to say since the last story quest "The Sacrifice", we end up with this list so big that it's absurd.

-Fortuna, an absolutely massive open world with a tremendous amount of content.
-The Jovian Concord, the first global ingame redesign, the first stone of the Deadlock Protocol.
-The Old Blood, The Liches kuva and a custom boss system running through the missions.
-Empyrean, The Railjack and its complete gameplay.
-The Deadlock Protocol, a complete rework of the Corpus, one of the major factions of the game.
-Heart of Deimos, a new open world different from anything we knew before + the implementation of the Nechramech
-Call of the Tempestarii, introduction of the Sisters of Parvos, as they and the Kuva Liches are catapulted into space to fuse in with the Railjack system

This is of course without counting Scarlet Spear and co. I cannot attempt to list the amount of technical prowess, gameplay systems, and hours of gameplay that this list has given us. And you would see it if you were forced back into the Warframe from January 2019.

For those who don't understand: The New War was never intended to be an update that transformed the game. It can't be. It's not realistic and D.E. knew it from the start.
The New War was, for three years, the driving force behind the development of the game. The goal to be achieved. From a pragmatic and practical point of view, The New War can be seen as a demo of the game, because it shows all the best the game has to offer.

For me, the last three years have been a journey like no other, where the game has transformed from its "mouse in a maze" model to a full-scale space opera. I've been with it throughout this metamorphosis and The New War is a testament to that. All of these systems and environments are merged in this quest that took me five hours and three play sessions to complete.

Having said that, I want to address those players who wipe the updates in a matter of hours and then complain that they are bored. You have no idea what a gem you have in your hands. You act like spoiled children and hide behind the "I'm saying this to help D.E. improve" argument. They have their faults, but the results they get with such an ambitious game are impressive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This game is not meant to be a speedrun. Yet you've been doing it for years with every update, only to complain and come back.

It makes the community atmosphere unhealthy, and must be very discouraging for D.E. employees, especially considering how much passion they put into the game. So please, choose. Either don't like the game as it is designed in the first place and leave it, or behave decently and acknowledge the quality of what you are given.

Look the quest was good except some horrendous plot holes, let's be real, the real MVP of The New War was The Man in the Wall, and all the Duviri setup. Discard all of that the actual WAR was just Ballas and Lotus having relation issues, and both felt very poorly written characters in this. The good characters however are made a joke and killed off screen, excuse me? Erra redemption Arc was skipped? So the quest should have been Prelude to Duviri more than a WAR. Not to mention how grineer and corpus were like whatever let's fight each other again. And their respective founders being, well no screen time. Stalker was also a wasted opportunity for character development, zero dialogues and basically became Hunhow's Butler and these things are the only FLAWS of the quest.

It's not about SPEEDRUN, that's a very poor excuse, just because you don't play WF as invested as many others doesn't mean that the devs can just make the game very dry, because they NEED constructive feedback, and they are posed with competition with these so-called AAA games, if they want to sustain with them they gotta be competitive with them. Otherwise, the Anthem we laughed on will become something to squash this game. Get real.

And many, and I mean many people play this game invested, you don't have to be a yter as you said, there is a vast majority who are extremely invested and love this game, that includes me as well, because in my case I play WF as my main game for leisure, I have played others but most are just toxic like those fps BR, I need not name them yes. But few good ganes with good community, but many like me play WF as invested game. And it doesn't take a month for any person, it's matter of few hours disregarding the standing cap to max the quill syndicate.

The fact you said that you play WF as a filler, shows how you prioritize this game over others and I won't blame you because this is the reason why people wanted CONTENT, ENDGAME not pitiful FASHION FRAME or GRIND/DISGUISED GAMBLING (which is an indirect crime). How contradicting is your post, that I can't blame you because that is exactly why people are complaining. Think bigger, see the bigger picture. There is nothing these ENDGAME players to have as there is no ENDGAME to begin with, they just log in and log out to get that meta mod Primed Sure Footed or whatever.

That is exactly why people are disappointed, why is WF not mainstream yet, why there are more people who don't play/left the game compared to the active users overall from these 50+ million registered losers. Why you may ask? The answer is right on our faces, and why WF feels like a chore than a game to enjoy these days. Also I have played the game only for nearly one and a half year, and it's coming from me. So stop pretending and see the bigger picture, shoving away the truth won't make a good game. It's people like this that retard the process of content and stay happy when new skins for their saryn comes and slapped on their face.

I have explained very clear and will not put my time and effort to waste my energy to say this again, get over it.

I think hopefully we get what the game needs on the devstream, there better be something good to keep players rather than lose it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SDGDen said:

give it another 10 years and those issues will be fixed, allowing for even faster game development than before

I doubt it, human nature being what it is, working from home disconnected from your colleagues is something that only a few will get used to. The rest of us social animals will suffer a lot of stress, loneliness and increased pressure. We see this with retirees who suddenly find that they have problems and replace work with volunteer work or similar, Workers find that when working from home, the impetus to work fades away very quickly. If you don't have a home office to work out of, its massively worse.

When I did it, the first week was bliss, but the novelty fades away very quickly and you find yourself having to force yourself to work. That's not a fun experience compared to working naturally with your colleagues in an office. I doubt it'll ever really catch on, no matter how much the bosses want to save on office costs.

So i can understand its been a stretch for DE employees, particularly creative ones who need more interaction than talking to the characters they draw in on a screen.

4ey9ds.jpg

• Like 2