Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #159!

[DE]Rebecca

32 minutes ago, Ricojohnsen said:

Welcome back to everyone at DE and happy 2022!

- any plans in re-working/Pablo treatment of some of our outdated frames? Hydroid, Chroma, and Frost to start?

- status effect re-work? As it stands one’s like magnetic and radiation are completely outshined by viral, slash, heat, and sometimes corrosive.

- slam attack radial damage affected by crit mods/ avenger eventually?

I have many more questions, but I’ll stop there.

cheers DE!

I also agree.

Treatment to older frames-Yes please! there are some really old frames that needs to be updated to current standards. I recall watching a video where Ash's Shuriken is a glaive.png compared to a liquid physics in Vial Rush from Lavos. 

Status effects: I am a little bit torn about this one. I think that this is something where having DE in the discussions can really help understand exactly what type of feedback we should be giving in regards to the damage types.

Slam attack radial damage: Um crit boosters don't affect it? news to me. There is also other stuff like a slide heavy attack on the tenet girgori that many people were left wondering how long it existed even. For me the thing I want is Maiming strike to be halfway decent along with other mods that are so niche that they aren't worth it.

Since Devstreams got reduced from Weekly to bi-Weekly to Monthly, their "feel" has significantly changed. What used to be a chill conversation with several Community Questions, has morphed into a parade of content with Community Questions mostly delegated to QnA dedicated Devstreams.

Will we see a return to more frequent Devstreams, or maybe longer ones with a dedicated QnA Section?

It honestly feels as if the direct communication between Community and Developers has decreased, and I dearly miss more behind the scenes talks, more technical Steve talks and the conversations of early development content, "we'd like to do this. we're starting to work on this".

I guess I just miss the more dialogue-like feel of older Dev Streams when compared to the newer Content Preview ones.

So, any plans for those Hexis & Steel Meridian quests? We've been waiting how many years for the Arbiters to have just a shred of lore given to them. I understand that Narmer is the big focus, but these last two Faction Syndicates really deserve something special before those ever-changing priorities leave them in the dust for good.

A reminder that you fellas at digital extremes (in the last devstream or... tennocon- I can't remember) did briefly say you can Add motorcycle-like weapon- vehicles in warframe, I would like to see this happen, Either it be hoverbike or on Wheels, I'm all for it. Oh and give it 2 turrets and grenade trails >:D

Also- ARCHMELEE FOR NECRAMECHS WHEN?

my knux are being left out ;-;

Feels like forever.

1. Are we ever going to get custom primary and secondary weapons and maybe armor pieces and syandanas positioning like Melee currently has?

2. Can we get the option to add sugatras to primary and secondary weapons?

3. Any update on the Proto weapon skins that we saw a long time ago?

4. Several skins and armor sets have mismatched color channels. Do you guys plan on doing a review for this to at least make the metallic slots consistent or give us the option to color individual armor pieces and helmets separately? Examples:The Gazal, Hulta, Magor and Vatala and Tennocon 2018, 2019 and 2020 armor sets,Excalibur Onyx skin, Frost Emperor skin, Ember Vermillion skin.

5. Please let us use Excal Prime's helmet/skin on Excal Umbra.

6. Updates on Melee 3.0/rage mode and duel wielding for one handed melee weapons and one handed secondaries which was implemented for glaives and then seemingly abandoned.

7. Now that we are getting less devstreams, any chance we will get more time devoted to Q&A or an alternate source for it.

8. Can you please stop disabling certain face gear when using certain head gear on operators? From what I have seen people were way less concerned with the clipping than their ability to customize their operators. An additional slot to separate forehead pieces from pieces that cover the mouth would be appreciated too.

9. Any chance we will get the option to swap out exalted weapon models for their standard/prime/umbra/premium skin appearances on variants of the frames. Excalibur can not swap any of his sword skins, including his new premium one and primed frames with exalted weapons can't use their standard skin counterparts.

10. Is the loadout UI going to be overhauled to show everything that should be loadout specific(Archwings, their weapons, archwing guns for ground combat, operator arcanes and amps, kdrives and nechramechs and their weapons?

11. Are we ever going to get a focus dump? Once you max the schools there is nothing to do with accumulated focus.

12. Can we get more Loadout and Riven slots or possibly just uncap them and let us buy as many as we want?

13. Now that thrown weapons have a comfortable timed recall, are we ever going to get the Arcata added to PVE?

14. Can we get mod capacity removed while in the simulacrum so we can properly test builds before applying Forma?

15. Now that status immunity has been removed from Liches and Nechromecs, is there an ETA on removing it from other enemy types? Making enemies completely status immune removes a large chunk of the arsenal.

16. Any chance we can get our clan emblem as a glyph?

17. Can Nova Prime's Null Star be made colorable rather then just being gold balls? Also, Resonator is not taking on its prime form when applied to primed frames.

18. Any chance that we will get additional hotkeys on PC? Would be nice to be able to hotkey several orbiter functions like decorating or going to the foundry rather then going through menus.

19. Now that they have been nerfed can we get access to the acolyte mods on Exalted weapons?

20. You recently allowed us to buy up to three additional cosmetic and mod loadouts but it wasn't added to operators. When can we expect them to get that feature as well?

21. The prime trailers had interesting lore bits in them. Can we get their scripts added to the prime warframe's codex entries or even the videos. It would add flavor to their pretty bland text now and bring them in line with other frames that got entries like that like Excal, Rhino, Ember and Mag.

22. Kdrives are a cool toy to play around with for a bit but have no home in the actual game beyond temporary status immunity when eidelon hunting or if you really want to fall out of the Plains map. Are they going to ever get a look to increase their utility? Giving them defensive functions when you are not on them like AOE  buffs or barriers that appear at the location of dismount or even something as simple as being able to fish while on them would go a long way.

23. While we are at it, can we get custom keybinds for kdrives. Several of them are shared with standard keybinds.

24. There are a number of useless mods in the game right now. Things like Warm Coat are basically just clutter in the mod system and rarely get looked at unless they happen to be tied to some sort of major overhaul like the status changes. Is there any plans to do a wider overhaul of the mods that get no usage.Perhaps you could even provide a list of mods to the design council and have them come up with ideas for them, or open that up to the whole community a few mods at a time.

25. Can we get a "Silly Warframe" toggle that will hide holiday items like the new wings, candy cane scythes, easter egg ephemera, etc for players that don't want to see them. Would be a good opportunity to make those items permanent for those that like them too.

26. The heavy attack animation for Exalted Blade is pretty lackluster right now. Any chance it will get a look. At the very least it should get an energy wave like it standard attacks, ideally though it should generate a more impressive wave in terms of power and size, Please let me live my anime dreams.

.getsuga-tenshou-gif-7.gif

Soo... eta on a fix for plains rivs being broke due to post new war it not counting as plains or w'e reason plains rivs can't be opened unless non new war player invs u to a instance?

How about yet again the game braking issue of litch summon makes user host migration out into a locked instance by themselves?

there are way more issues post update don't recall them all but instead of focusing on any new drops at all let's get fixing  first as the games dieing out as is but after a lack luster drop and huge wave of bugs meany more are going to dip out id like to see that not happen myself 

I am hopeful for more tiles any or everywhere.

I need another hound type and weapon to get from Sisters, like how lich offered incentives to revisit.

I would like a or some glyphs, emblem, or other from all the various venders.

New Night wave (even its a tiny one)

Valentine event.  More or lots of Deluxe

A node or path added to each Focus School. 

Warframe powers not cancelled for a out of bounds teleport when from ABOVE.

A command to stash or hold sentinel/companion in place while you do something that you dont want it to do.

A moa that can loot, especially now that they can no longer hack for moas on Corpus ship tiles.

Airlock hazards, now that they were lost from corpus ships tiles.

Allow parazon to open vents when challenges restrict weapon types.

More Riven slots w an ability to lock them or other inventory items lockable as a protection from failing to impulsively forget why you need to save them.

Now there's going to be so many people saying when ever new content comes out and its horrible 

Well they couldn't do this, this or this because of (covid 19 rebrand omicron edition) 

Just like people saying oh they couldn't add more than 2 RESKIND BOUNTYS to the new war update because of covid even though there was plenty of time at home to make very simple things like derelict muraxes, a new eidolon, destroyed mothership tile sets, and much more 

Well, everybody's seen my rambling posts for the last several Devstreams, so I'll REALLY try to summarize this time on what I'd like to see:

1) Mod changes (like more Augments, but let's start small), especially a lot of the Set Mods.  I would like them to be:

• Less consuming.  This applies to the first 4 sets introduced: Vigilante, Augur, Gladiator, and Hunter
  • More useful for what they require: This applies to the sets introduced in the Gas City rework (Aero, Motus, Proton) and the Jugulus set of the Deimos sets.  The Carnis and Saxum could probably be made a LITTLE better, but that might make them overpowered.  I just feel like the Jugulus set is a bit weak for how difficult it is to get the full set.
  • More interesting: This one is largely subjective and applies to the sets introduced with Fortuna (Tek, Mecha, Synth, Strain)

2) Weapon changes.  I know it's been said that there are no plans to do a large-scale weapon rebalance, but I'd really like to see one.  A lot of weapons that I like to collect--like ones that do innate elemental damage or ones with an interesting firing mechanism--are just so far outclassed by the weapons that make up the meta.  I also think older Prime weapons could use some love (I'm STILL salty about the Spira Prime, DE).  I also wish there weren't a weapon meta, but that's a stupid wish and based on how I build my weapons, which is based on what they seem to be innately good for.

I've budged a bit on that aspect for some, but a good example would be the Kuva Chakkhurr and the Kuva Bramma.  Both are high-Crit weapons, so I've built them to max out that potential, but I've also pumped up the Bramma's Blast damage instead of giving it Argon/Galvanized Scope since it's not built for accuracy.  I've also gone against the meta route, which is to give them Viral damage and Hunter Munitions.

3) I feel like a lot of Warframes could use reworks and/or buffs.  Especially Loki and Banshee.  And still Limbo.  I would also like to see some changes made to Caliban.  He feels a lot like Xaku in that they both have, like, one or two really good, easy-setup/use abilities, but otherwise feel severely lackluster.

4) I want IRL Prexes to be sold together, not bundled with statues or anything like that.

5) The design team has really shown their hands with the Sentient-themed Deluxe skins for Limbo, Mesa, and Volt.  I would REALLY REALLY like to see more in the near future.

Like most people, give us more then a rinse and repeat bounty for content after the TNW (it felt underwhelming having finished the quest to see almost nothing change, including most of the NPC and all having just the bounty  lines acknowledging the narmer or things that happened after the quest)
Also why is "TNW" if there was little to none "WAR" we barely see the fight against the sentients and after narmer faction?
3rd Orb fight? Raids?
Mesa Regulators Projectilyst Skin not having the right color channels for customization (Tertiary colors to be precise)
Can we talk about Ash being tossed in the worst grind ever?
With Teshin gone is this the end of conclave? (tell me that this is a YES)

Hopefully they do something about umbral sentience, as a good amount of players do not like this and most times Excalibur umbra feels like a downgrade to Excalibur even with the better stats. Constantly having to recast my 4th every time I go to operator is annoying and going to be more annoying if they add more content that our operator is need on. Also not that big of a deal to majority of players but vazarin dash should work on Excalibur Umbra to help provide a safety net for players.

Just had to Alt F4 from a Lua mission because I couldn't access the menu to quit which would allow the other players to extract. 2 out of 3 of us were glitched. This upcoming dev stream it'd be refreshing to hear that somebody (anybody) is interested in fixing only the game breaking bugs that are more than 5 years old.

... that'd be nice.

Cant wait to see what 2022 brings! Just curious what was the development timeline for the new war and when did you guys start? What are some thing this update and 2021 have taught the development team, and what things will you improve going forward into 2022? Do you plan on doing and side stories from the perspective of a dax, grineer or corpus?

Do you plan on maybe making a operator only game-mode that has slower more difficult game-play like in the new war? maybe adding maps/tile-sets like mass effect or outriders with the story and exploration in mind? will we get to use more melee on the drifter and maybe have ability trees like mass effect for example having a Combat[grineer] Tech [corpus] Biotics [space magic] or [/tenno/dax]. something to unlock over a long time and level up rather than farm for forma and mods? 

will we ever get the ability like Teshin to use a glaive and sword? and will we ever get that duel nikana??? 

P.S after watching the dev stream for so many years, I have started leaning c# and game development/design as a hobby pray for me. 

Ty, DE

Good to see the tm back, sadly here we go again with ppl being in lock down. this is the world we live in today. Some care for themselves and others and others just don't get it or wish to not get it. The pandemic Sucks!!!

19 minutes ago, Starwake said:

Cant wait to see what 2022 brings! Just curious what was the development timeline for the new war and when did you guys start? What are some thing this update and 2021 have taught the development team, and what things will you improve going forward into 2022? Do you plan on doing and side stories from the perspective of a dax, grineer or corpus?

Do you plan on maybe making a operator only game-mode that has slower more difficult game-play like in the new war? maybe adding maps/tile-sets like mass effect or outriders with the story and exploration in mind? will we get to use more melee on the drifter and maybe have ability trees like mass effect for example having a Combat[grineer] Tech [corpus] Biotics [space magic] or [/tenno/dax]. something to unlock over a long time and level up rather than farm for forma and mods? 

will we ever get the ability like Teshin to use a glaive and sword? and will we ever get that duel nikana??? 

P.S after watching the dev stream for so many years, I have started leaning c# and game development/design as a hobby pray for me. 

OMG, thankyou, I have been continually forgeting to ask for operator radar option. It could be an arcane or even part of an amp, or a node in a focus skill.

9 hours ago, patkincs said:

Pls rework oberon. Make her more op. Right now that frame needing so much energy and strength. Maybe a Balance will do the job.

There is a certain Helminth ability that can be added and then some modding he becomes almost immortal as well as rebuilds his own energy.

Archived