Archon Boreal

This guide has some tips on how to avoid sightline with Boreal to help avoid his attacks, as he can have quite big aoe's and be annoying to dodge. 

https://www.thegamer.com/warframe-the-new-war-quest-guide-choices-rewards/#the-wild-hunt

For the first arena, it suggests the two trees near the entrance, and for the second arena, the mound in the center. 

Every time you get Boreal down by 33%, he will do a big bubble thing to heal that will push you out. Use a smokescreen at the edge to sneak inside the bubble, then hit him with charged shot to stop his healing. 

If you are having a lot of trouble with Boreal, you can always head to the other two for now though. 

A lot of people find Amar and Nira to be easier, and you get to fight the third one with your Warframe, and you can fight them in any order.

Good luck! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AulisVaara said:

WHAT IS THIS #*!%ING BULLS#&$?

From the sounds of your annoyance, it may be best if you take PFW's suggestion and try another Archon for now. 

You only have to kill two of them with the Drifter. The one you find most irritating, you get sweet revenge on later with your full Warframe loadout and everything.

A lot of people found Boreal most annoying because of the very large electric aoe's. 

Others found Nira's teleporting, or Amar's stampede more annoying. If one really is giving you S#&$, take a break from that one and give a crack at another, you don't have to do them in order. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Others found Nira's teleporting, or Amar's stampede more annoying.

Amar in particular, while maybe not the easiest (that title seems to be held by Nira), seems to be the simplest. Mark Wolf with the "mark enemy/resource" button, tap slide and quickly roll to avoid the pounce, remember that your heal purges status effects, and you basically got him beat.

Nira's basically just stay at a distance, ideally near some cover, and spam arrows.

• Like 3

Just now, AulisVaara said:

Blinking all over the place, avoiding damage, and killing me for NOT HITTING IT...

Yeah, no thanks. I don't actually have to play this game.

Read the guide, take your time, try a different one, take a break.

• Like 7

Blinking all over the place, avoiding damage, and killing me for NOT HITTING IT...

Well, like I said, you could try the other two. *shrug*.

If you just want to vent, sorry you're having a rough time. If you ever need tips we are happy to give them. 

If you want to quit you can do that too. The game will be here for you to return if you ever feel like it, and we will still be happy to give advice or suggestions if you want them. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 5

Just now, AulisVaara said:

Out of curiosity, have you read the replies you've gotten in this thread?

I can't word this question in a way that doesn't sound sassy, but really, have you? Your replies doesn't seem to acknowledge that you've even gotten feedback.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Out of curiosity, have you read the replies you've gotten in this thread?

I can't word this question in a way that doesn't sound sassy, but really, have you? Your replies doesn't seem to acknowledge that you've even gotten feedback.

No, I've  bene playing the game, doing what it tells me. And making zero progress. This S#&$ just feels like bullS#&$. I'm all for a challenging bossfight, I have completed Metroid Dread, but this is just... I don't know what to call it, cheating? How am I supposed to fight a boss that just warps out of the way of my attacks, then warps in next to me and kills me faster than I can do anything about?

What am I missing, how am I supposed to counter this thing? Moving around a tree is not sufficient, it blinks in next to me.

Edited by AulisVaara

No, I've  bene playing the game, doing what it tells me. And making zero progress. This S#&$ just feels like bullS#&$. I'm all for a challenging bossfight, I have completed Metroid Dread, but this is just... I don't know what to call it, cheating? How am I supposed to fight a boss that just warps out of the way of my attacks, then warps in next to me and kills me faster than I can do anything about?

What am I missing, how am I supposed to counter this thing?

scan to locate

use perfect bow shots

shoot when not dying

heal and sneak when dying

roll in bubble when he healing

roll out of zapping floors

grofit

• Like 1

How am I supposed to fight a boss that just warps out of the way of my attacks, then warps in next to me and kills me faster than I can do anything about

One, don't get too close to him, you'll want to keep your distance as much as possible. 

Two, rolling is your best friend. Take a pot shot, then roll.

Three, remember to use your abilities. Go invisible if you see him get too close then dodge. Also go invisible when he starts screaming, much like I did with my dad. I mean wut?

• Like 5

Would a visual guide be better? Not me, but here is someone beating Boreal. 

Notice the way they use the two trees near the entrance on the first stage, like I was mentioning in the written guide. Also notice they HUGELY keep their distance. If it tries to come close they move far away and they stay far away. You never want to be close to Boreal. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, AulisVaara said:

How am I supposed to fight a boss that just warps out of the way of my attacks, then warps in next to me and kills me faster than I can do anything about?

What am I missing, how am I supposed to counter this thing? Moving around a tree is not sufficient, it blinks in next to me.

See:

38 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This guide has some tips on how to avoid sightline with Boreal to help avoid his attacks, as he can have quite big aoe's and be annoying to dodge. 

https://www.thegamer.com/warframe-the-new-war-quest-guide-choices-rewards/#the-wild-hunt

For the first arena, it suggests the two trees near the entrance, and for the second arena, the mound in the center. 

Every time you get Boreal down by 33%, he will do a big bubble thing to heal that will push you out. Use a smokescreen at the edge to sneak inside the bubble, then hit him with charged shot to stop his healing. 

If you are having a lot of trouble with Boreal, you can always head to the other two for now though. 

A lot of people find Amar and Nira to be easier, and you get to fight the third one with your Warframe, and you can fight them in any order.

Good luck! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

One, don't get too close to him, you'll want to keep your distance as much as possible. 

Three, remember to use your abilities. Go invisible if you see him get too close then dodge. Also go invisible when he starts screaming, much like I did with my dad. I mean wut?

LOL. :crylaugh:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Notice the way they use the two trees near the entrance on the first stage, like I was mentioning in the written guide. Also notice they HUGELY keep their distance. If it tries to come close they move far away and they stay far away. You never want to be close to Boreal. 

13 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Not only is that guy luckier than me, it still seems like bullS#&$.

Edited by AulisVaara
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:
13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

LOL. :crylaugh:

Now I know exactly what I needed 12 years ago. I needed smoke canisters to deal with my folks.

Edited by DeeDeeLyla
  • Like 2

Then try another Archon, best suggestion I got for now if Boreal is bothering you that much. Like I said, a lot of people actually find Boreal most annoying, despite being the first. 

And you don't have to beat Boreal to try the other two. If you beat the other two, you get to smack Boreal around like a ragdoll with your full loadout later. Don't let the fight get to you, my suggestion is take a break from that fight and try another one. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Then try another Archon, best suggestion I got for now if Boreal is bothering you that much. Like I said, a lot of people actually find Boreal most annoying, despite being the first. 

And you don't have to beat Boreal to try the other two. If you beat the other two, you get to smack Boreal around like a ragdoll with your full loadout later. Don't let the fight get to you, my suggestion is take a break from that fight and try another one. 

Okay. I give up. How do I get to another one?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AulisVaara said:

Can I also point out that not being able to bullet jump sucks balls and is a jarring experience. Just saying.

Just out of curiosity, how do you normally play? Using nukes and room clearing abilities? Cos these archons require actual skill, you might find it beneficial to practice aiming in another third person shooter since you can't back out of new war

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AulisVaara said:

Can I also point out that not being able to bullet jump sucks balls and is a jarring experience. Just saying.

I can imagine, but as someone who bought Ivara when they started playing, one can get used to it.

When you initiate a slide, you get a short-lived speed boost. That boost can be used to increase the momentum of your jumps and rolls, making them go faster and farther. Simply tap slide and quickly perform a roll or jump, and you'll have all the movement you'll need and more for Drifter.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you normally play? Using nukes and room clearing abilities?

Judging by the reaction of our fellow Tenno friend here, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case

• Like 5