Archon Boreal

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you normally play? Using nukes and room clearing abilities? Cos these archons require actual skill, you might find it beneficial to practice aiming in another third person shooter since you can't back out of new war

I started my online gaming with Unreal Tournament, the OG, so get off your high horse.

You know what's obvious to me, no-one has said "this is the boss' weakness" or "do this"... all I'm getting is general survival tips. And I appreciate people helping, but the tedium of staying alive doesn't really scream "challenge" to me...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AulisVaara said:

I started my online gaming with Unreal Tournament, the OG, so get off your high horse.

You know what's obvious to me, no-one has said "this is the boss' weakness" or "do this"... all I'm getting is general survival tips. And I appreciate people helping, but the tedium of staying alive doesn't really scream "challenge" to me...

Owl:

When he does the heal bubble, use smokescreen on the edge of his bubble, you will be able to sneak in and do a charged shot and interrupt.

Amar:

use your radar ability when he uses Double Team, smack the one that is red on your minimap. 

Nira:

Someone else can help you there, I wiped the floor with her with my WF so I'm not sure what the strategy is. 

• Like 1

You know what's obvious to me, no-one has said "this is the boss' weakness" or "do this"... all I'm getting is general survival tips.

So this is a lie. For example:

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Every time you get Boreal down by 33%, he will do a big bubble thing to heal that will push you out. Use a smokescreen at the edge to sneak inside the bubble, then hit him with charged shot to stop his healing. 

Besides that, the boss' weakness is getting shot.

• Like 7

Someone linked to a video walkthrough on the archons and asked if you were actually looking at the help people were giving you and you said straight out no, so please don't talk to me about being on my high horse

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, AulisVaara said:

Wow, no game works like this. I'm totally shocked.

Yet you got advice earlier, as pointed by Waifu, & a video link, but didn't take them into consideration

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 10

I mean, right now sounds like you could use a tactical break, it helped me out.

Do you know the bow's mechanics? That was a big help to me, perfect shot has the little circle in the reticule that turns yellow when it gets 2/3 filled, also the bow flashes when it hits that. When you do that the 'arrow' has a massive hit box (might even be a cone) and you can do damage as long as the reticule is touching, or even close to touching the target. Take some time at the beginning of the level to practice the rhythm, I found a tempo to count at where I'd hold through one then release on two to time that shot. 

Also, I didn't really need to roll, but I did need to turn on toggle run for this as I was tripping over my hands on the keyboard, sprint everywhere and run around the LOS breaking terrain, I don't think you can plan it, but the electric floor attack seems to have a projectile that can hit some of the stuff sticking out of the ground and go off early. Kite the bosses around terrain and take a few pot shots when they round a corner, (works on the snake too) Remember the heal will cancel status effect that will burn through your health, and the smoke gets you through the bubble the owl puts up.

For me, I really think that when I spent a minute or two at the beginning of a boss level learning the bow was the best help I got. I'd also recommend using the enemies before the boss to learn the range of the damage cone, it is a pretty sweet bow with no arcing of the projectile.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Amar:

use your radar ability when he uses Double Team, smack the one that is red on your minimap. 

Nira:

Someone else can help you there, I wiped the floor with her with my WF so I'm not sure what the strategy is. 

Another Amar weakness:
The "mark enemy/resource" button.

Nira weakness:
Getting shot a lot. Yeah. I wiped the floor with her with my Drifter so I doubt there's any grand strategy to be found for her.

1 minute ago, AulisVaara said:
3 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Besides that, the boss' weakness is getting shot.

Wow, no game works like this. I'm totally shocked.

Sometimes, it's just that easy. And when you then say stuff like:

10 minutes ago, AulisVaara said:

no-one has said "this is the boss' weakness" or "do this"...

expect people to state the obvious - hey, this boss' weakness is getting shot a lot.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, -Krism- said:

Yet you got advice earlier, as pointed by Waifu, & a video link, but didn't take them into consideration

Right, right. Because I haven't been trying different strategies because I haven't explicitly mentioned them.

If that's what you want to believe, be my guest.

Just now, AulisVaara said:

Right, right. Because I haven't been trying different strategies because I haven't explicitly mentioned them.

If that's what you want to believe, be my guest.

I'm just correcting you, you said, & I quote:

13 minutes ago, AulisVaara said:

no-one has said "this is the boss' weakness" or "do this"... all I'm getting is general survival tips.

Which is a straight up lie

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Another Amar weakness:
The "mark enemy/resource" button.

I didn't even try that because I figured they would have thought of it and blocked it in the programming, because they want you to use his radar. Guess I expected too much lol. 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I didn't even try that because I figured they would have thought of it and blocked it in the programming, because they want you to use his radar. Guess I expected too much lol. 

I didn't even use the radar, I just rapid fired the bow til I shot the real one. The perils of beating it day 1 I guess...was still a piece of cake tho (meaning for me it was, of course)

• Like 3

Just now, AulisVaara said:

Amar. Without much success so far.

Use slide to augment your movement, like others mentioned. It is not quite as good as bullet jumping, but sliding followed by other moves will help get you some momentum, which will help you dodge his rhino charge thing. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AulisVaara said:

Okay. I give up. How do I get to another one?

Quit the game, next time you load you will be in the drifter camp and can choose to go somewhere else. Not sure if there is another way, this is what I did with dinner being inserted between the quit and restart. :)

I never figured out how to counter the Owl's healing and didn't want to see spoilers, etc. I found the Wolf and Snake much easier.

I used brute force for both, use smoke, shoot until smoke clears, run behind rock, heal and wait out smoke timer, rinse and repeat. You won't have fun, but it should only take 10-15 minutes per fight...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I've had other say it works, didn't try it myself.

To be honest, I didn't try any strategy whatsoever myself. Even defeated Wolf's clone army by pelting arrows at it. Honestly, I didn't even know the Archons could heal until I finished the quest and hit the forums - that's how far the "weakness: bows" meme goes.

1 minute ago, AulisVaara said:

Amar. Without much success so far.

What part are you having trouble with? Dodging the pounces? Finding the right Amar among the clones?

• Like 3

Get the timing of your bow shots down to maximize damage, else you'll have a slow fight cause hes stupid tanky.

Try to stay out of the water and off metal surfaces since they conduct electricity (Metal may or may not be a thing but water sure does conduct electircty and it hurts)

When he bubbles throw a smoke bomb at your feet and slip in and shoot him in the butt to convince him to stop healing

When he triggers his add summon phase you can use this to heal up since its not on a timer, and you can potentially just run around with one minion left and max your hp

Really, don't underestimate drifters kit, that smoke bomb let me slip in and force the add phase nearly instantly

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sakatchi said:

Get the timing of your bow shots down to maximize damage, else you'll have a slow fight cause hes stupid tanky.

Try to stay out of the water and off metal surfaces since they conduct electricity (Metal may or may not be a thing but water sure does conduct electircty and it hurts)

When he bubbles throw a smoke bomb at your feet and slip in and shoot him in the butt to convince him to stop healing

When he triggers his add summon phase you can use this to heal up since its not on a timer, and you can potentially just run around with one minion left and max your hp

Really, don't underestimate drifters kit, that smoke bomb let me slip in and force the add phase nearly instantly

With the big bubble healing phase, can just run in at full speed if he doesn't get the hang of the smoke bomb (I'd place 50-50 on that at this stage...). Slower, but still effective

• Like 1

I play the game on a PC and  I personally am  close to calling it quits on this game.  I read tons of the  tips and guides,  but  that requires a person to be dexterous and  can hit multiple key with fluid grace. I tried snake one with fire, and also the one with electricity. the snake one, I could not even get down by just 25%.  as for the other one I tried, I got it down by maybe 35%. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BergePrime said:

I tried snake one with fire, and also the one with electricity. the snake one, I could not even get down by just 25%.  as for the other one I tried, I got it down by maybe 35%. 

Well, the Snake is Toxin, not Fire, but I think I get what you mean. You've not tried Wolf - might wanna give him a go. Speaking of which, are you dextrous enough to tap slide and quickly follow it up with a roll? Might wanna practice that move, as it makes your rolls go significantly farther when done right.

• Like 2

Played this on PC with a controller. Maybe it's easier with a controller? I didn't have issues staying alive. I failed to figure out that I could interrupt the healing so it was taking a while. When I thought this is taking forever I'm going to take a leap of faith and step into the sphere of doom he creates and see what happens and voila you can knock him out of it.

The bow deals really good damage. Better if you get lucky with a slash proc. I'm not sure how I played it all, but I was able to dodge out of the way of his attacks. They're all telegraphed. Stay at range and hit bow shots. When he blinks he always blinks behind you, easy dodge and keep hitting. Requires a bit of patience, but I don't remember this being very difficult. So it's kinda hard to give advice. Maybe you can record a video of how you play.

Boreal was the first Archon I killed. Second one was Nira and the last one Amar.

• Like 3

I have played TNW multiple times now (main + alt + friend). I ferken hate Boreal. Maybe it is just me, but the environment + stun lock + fight mechanics were not fun for me.

HUNHOW: "Even the very ground you walk upon will become Boreal's weapon. He may have a weakness at this moment, but it is not obvious. Worst of all is the paralyzing screech. Terrifying, yet this moment is your only chance to close in, unseen, and strike."

ME:

A9t1DNH.gif

Edited by LillyRaccune
  • Like 3