Jump to content

Archon Boreal


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

I have played TNW multiple times now (main + alt + friend). I ferken hate Boreal, maybe it's just me but the environment + stun lock + fight mechanics were not fun for me.

HUNHOW: "Even the very ground you walk upon will become Boreal's weapon. He may have a weakness at this moment, but it is not obvious. Worst of all is the paralyzing screech. Terrifying, yet this moment is your only chance to close in, unseen, and strike."

ME:

A9t1DNH.gif

Yea I was trying to recall the advice, but never really understood what I was supposed to do at these times. I just shot arrows at him. Like... a lot of arrows. It's a good thing the Archons are very easy to hit. Most of the time they just hover in the air in one spot. I think Nira kind of dodged stuff when she was low HP. Nira almost killed me due to all the DoTs she uses. Don't think Boreal really came close to killing me. I did have to run away a lot. So if I'd have to judge the Archon fights I'd say they can be challenging, but I wouldn't say difficult.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I have played TNW multiple times now (main + alt + friend). I ferken hate Boreal. Maybe it is just me, but the environment + stun lock + fight mechanics were not fun for me.

HUNHOW: "Even the very ground you walk upon will become Boreal's weapon. He may have a weakness at this moment, but it is not obvious. Worst of all is the paralyzing screech. Terrifying, yet this moment is your only chance to close in, unseen, and strike."

ME:

A9t1DNH.gif

Hahahaha yeah. I actually don't think DE put Boreal first as the "easiest", but perhaps more as a "well if you can get past this one..." sort of thing.

I think Boreal is the hardest, but everyone will have their own opinions. I thought Amar was far easier. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think Boreal is the hardest, but everyone will have their own opinions. I thought Amar was far easier. 

I feel this way also. Amar attacked in straight lines. Nira liked to "smokebomb appear" behind me. For Boreal maybe it's the attacks or maybe the environment, but he was the least fun for me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

here goes on the wolf then, after i read up him to refresh the information.  let me ask

  • When you are shooting him with  the bows are you just shooting rapidly or charging the bolt?
  • would you recommend turning down any part of the  graphics to have less going on? 
  • any other suggestion  or tips however  small they maybe might help?

 

and thanks for all the advice so far everyone!!

  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 41 Minuten schrieb BergePrime:

here goes on the wolf then, after i read up him to refresh the information.  let me ask

  • When you are shooting him with  the bows are you just shooting rapidly or charging the bolt?
  • would you recommend turning down any part of the  graphics to have less going on? 

 

I'd say always charge the bow.

You have that "perfect window" in the last ~quarter, its best to hit this before its fully charged.

If thats too hard, just fully charging the bow like you would with any other bow is fine too, you only miss out on a little crit chance.

 

Regarding the graphics, i have "effect intensity" on a really low value anyway because Warframe tends to exaggerate with effects a lot imo.

I dont know how the boss fights look like with that on max value (which is default i think), but i think reducing this will always be helpful.

Edit: Motion Blur and Screen Shake should be turned of in all games in any case 😄

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

... I'm sorry but, in good conscience, I cannot let this one slide and anyone that actually reads this post and, out of curiosity, decides to try out what I'm about say is free to do so...

7 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

I started my online gaming with Unreal Tournament

If you haven't done its entire singleplayer tournament (UT99 GOTY, UT2003, UT2004) in Godlike (Masterful specific for UT3) without cheats and default FOV value (since its horizontal fov regulated, its 90) then you haven't started anything...

... This, simply because its not players you're fighting against. Its an AI, which Online matches in any Unreal Tournament don't have active unless its a specific Player vs AI server.

 

So~, before telling people to get off their high horse I advise you to leave your Ivory Tower, that's encased in an atmospheric dome completely void of any living beings other than you, and step outside of the dome to witness the world.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bro I have read this thread. Look dude, I think now you may have completed the quest, but you have to learn to play chill, it's is hard that is why it's fun. Why does everything have to be spamming kuva zarr with a gloom subsumed to a monkey. Or spam spores or doing 1million red crit, ok you know what that is kinda cringe lol.

 

See people like these are the reason more so to give DE feedback, Oh No our players want very simple mechanics with casual gameplay, hence they always left most of the game having no strategic battle.

 

The Archons, especially Boreal was the best boss fight IN THE ENTIRE GAME SO FAR, why? Because for the first time in WF, you have to have a strategic approach, positioning mattered, your weapon skills mattered, your evasions and strafing mattered, mechanics(like disrupting the healing phase) mattered, the game mattered as a use of well-designed gameplay which is challenging and FUN and uses some brain power to think your move. Because it's more realistic than poping an iron skin and doing million dps.

Edited by AkatsukiNo07
  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AkatsukiNo07 said:

See people like these are the reason more so to give DE feedback, Oh No our players want very simple mechanics with casual gameplay, hence they always left most of the game having no strategic battle.

 

The Archons, especially Boreal was the best boss fight IN THE ENTIRE GAME SO FAR, why? Because for the first time in WF, you have to have a strategic approach, positioning mattered,

I love a strategic battle. But Boreal simply teleports in and two shots me.

I cannot quickly create distance in the way the entire rest of the game has taught me, and I'm not exactly seeing the strategy in not being able to hit the boss half of the time.

The heal you get only heals twenty percent of your total, if you lose sixty percent at once, it's not enough to protect you against the same attack again.

If there are patterns to this boss, I have yet to see them. Apart from the very obvious bubble at two-thirds health.

TL;DR : trying to create space fails. Trying to recover fails. No discernable patterns I can learn.

 

EDIT: Still reading the advice in this thread. I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by AulisVaara
Clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... I'm sorry but, in good conscience, I cannot let this one slide and anyone that actually reads this post and, out of curiosity, decides to try out what I'm about say is free to do so...

I just wanted to point out I have been playing skill-based games for a long time. When 'room-clearing options' weren't around. Well, you had the Redeemer, but it's not like that was consistently available and uncounterable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Out of curiosity, have you read the replies you've gotten in this thread?

12 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

No

And this is why I no longer have any sympathy for anyone who says they're apparently struggling with the Archons.

The only ones who have legit struggled were due to physical/mental health reasons, but despite that they went on to kick Archon arse anyway. Everyone else?

Spoiler

bossbaby.gif

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

I love a strategic battle. But Boreal simply teleports in and two shots me.

I cannot quickly create distance in the way the entire rest of the game has taught me, and I'm not exactly seeing the strategy in not being able to hit the boss half of the time.

The heal you get only heals twenty percent of your total, if you lose sixty percent at once, it's not enough to protect you against the same attack again.

If there are patterns to this boss, I have yet to see them. Apart from the very obvious bubble at two-thirds health.

TL;DR : trying to create space fails. Trying to recover fails. No discernable patterns I can learn.

 

EDIT: Still reading the advice in this thread. I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.

Weird. He never teleported on top of me to two shot me. I don't think that's a thing unless you get unlucky. You have to keep moving, if he's far away shoot. What I did is make sure I use the surroundings to my advantage. There's pillars to hide behind. Make sure you have one between you and Boreal at all times and take shots at him. When he teleports, he teleports behind you. You should have ample time to react. He will only engage you if you're standing still for 10 seconds or something. So keep moving. They make a noise when teleporting. That's your que to look behind you and move away from there. Dodge rolls help.

But you have to be agressive. You can't just take a pot shot at an Archon every few minutes. You need to constantly pin them with arrows. Charge your shots and try to do a perfect charge for maximum damage. But even if you can't manage to charge them perfectly you can take them down fairly quickly this way.

Edited by RazerXPrime
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Weird. He never teleported on top of me to two shot me. I don't think that's a thing unless you get unlucky. You have to keep moving, if he's far away shoot. What I did is make sure I use the surroundings to my advantage. There's pillars to hide behind. Make sure you have one between you and Boreal at all times and take shots at him. When he teleports, he teleports behind you. You should have ample time to react. He will only engage you if you're standing still for 10 seconds or something. So keep moving. They make a noise when teleporting. That's your que to look behind you and move away from there. Dodge rolls help.

But you have to be agressive. You can't just take a pot shot at an Archon every few minutes. You need to constantly pin them with arrows. Charge your shots and try to do a perfect charge for maximum damage. But even if you can't manage to charge them perfectly you can take them down fairly quickly this way.

Exactly. It took a few tries with boreal to get my barings, but when I started rolling out of attacks quick enough (and maybe remembering to run instead of just jogging around) then the shooting really just took care of itself. Course, didn't hurt that I focus more on all types of guns and am more proficient at aiming than some people

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, I did Boreal and then Amar. I spent most of the time running around like a chicken until I had healed to 200 health and my smoke bomb was up, then got on higher ground, smoke bombed, and shot fully charged shots until the bomb was gone. I pretty much just brute forced with minimal strategy because I didn't pick up on a lot of the stuff I should have been doing. These fights were hard for me personally, but the fights themselves are fine.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

I just wanted to point out I have been playing skill-based games for a long time. When 'room-clearing options' weren't around. Well, you had the Redeemer, but it's not like that was consistently available and uncounterable.

I'm one of those, and I have a serious baggage of experience vs AI as a foundation.

The only reason why I didn't let it slide is simply because you never know who's on the other side of the screen, nor what his/her background is according to gaming and for how long he/she has been doing it.

Some people may have chosen to let it slide as a "boasting from a kid who knows nothing" but I, in good conscience, couldn't let it slide... Not because I share the same thought they did, which I don't, but because your argument won't gain higher importance because of it and, with the added factor, that some people that remained silent might take your "requirement to get off their high horse" as disrespectful and/or, worst case, downright insulting... And simply aren't reacting to it to avoid throwing another thread into the gutter...

 

Now, if you have vented all the frustration from before and decide to ask for tips, people will give you tips or even link up a few vids about it (I believe someone already did). Not that you might be doing something wrong, but you might be doing something different (or not doing what you should be doing) that might be altering the result of that Archon fight.

Just to confirm it, in case you didn't notice it, the entire Drifter sequence has a base gameplay that predates any Unreal release, both past and present, so if you feel that you "need" bullet jumping to deal with a supposed "boss" enemy then what it really shows is that you're dependent on it to move around and you can't really do anything without it.

If this is the case, I strongly suggest putting Warframe aside for a few days while you try out a few other shooters (preferably completing the singleplayer mode) that have no movement gimmicks (a.k.a. parkour, bullet jumping, double-quad-octa-jumping mutators, air control, rocket jumping, etc etc etc) to shed away from that dependency, and does not involve any Online mode at all. Just by doing this, I have the feeling that you'll have better chances when return... but, of course, its ultimately your choice.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

But Boreal simply teleports in and two shots me.

if you lose sixty percent at once, it's not enough to protect you against the same attack again.

Unless you're continuing to stand on the electric ground and/or not purging off any DoT status effects, this is objectively false - Boreal's attacks do not do that much damage unless the player actively lets them, and that process takes several seconds.

7 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

I cannot quickly create distance in the way the entire rest of the game has taught me, and I'm not exactly seeing the strategy in not being able to hit the boss half of the time.

Tap-slide into rolls give more than enough distance in a short amount of time. Just rolling is good enough, as it also provides damage reduction, allowing you to avoid most damage by simply rolling during the Archon's attacks. Also, you can strafe and shoot at the same time. You can even tap-slide into jumps and charge the bow during the jump - it's very much possible to create distance and attack simultaneously.

But the most important tip:

7 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

EDIT: Still reading the advice in this thread. I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.

If you're having trouble with what's generally considered to be the hardest Archon, don't fight the hardest Archon.

Think, Tenno! Think!

0k1xdmuu53171.png?auto=webp&s=a95df0f613

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did the Snake first and thought it was tough but then defeated it. Next I tried the Owl and found it hard. But then the Wolf was so quick I was always being defeated before even getting a quarter of the way through. So I sweated out the Owl because of the places to hide from it and was able to defeat it and go on to the "mound" portion. After nearly an hour I was able to do it in. But what happened at the end made me think my system (PS4) had crashed. The scene shifted to where the Owl was at the top of the gantry and just floating there and I began attacking it and nothing was happening until I got up close and saw the Square that said remove life force segment from it. What a relief as I was about to close the game and just prepare to do it all over again. But I thought I would then fight the Wolf, but instead found myself being chased by the Lotus and then went on to more parts of the Quest. Now on my way to fight Ballas. Hope to end this Quest soon, but can only play so long. Just a question, will I be fighting the last archon, the Wolf before this ends? Thanks.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

From the sounds of your annoyance, it may be best if you take PFW's suggestion and try another Archon for now. 

You only have to kill two of them with the Drifter. The one you find most irritating, you get sweet revenge on later with your full Warframe loadout and everything.

A lot of people found Boreal most annoying because of the very large electric aoe's. 

Others found Nira's teleporting, or Amar's stampede more annoying. If one really is giving you S#&$, take a break from that one and give a crack at another, you don't have to do them in order. 

That worked for me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, tenno-ho52 said:

Did the Snake first and thought it was tough but then defeated it. Next I tried the Owl and found it hard. But then the Wolf was so quick I was always being defeated before even getting a quarter of the way through. So I sweated out the Owl because of the places to hide from it and was able to defeat it and go on to the "mound" portion. After nearly an hour I was able to do it in. But what happened at the end made me think my system (PS4) had crashed. The scene shifted to where the Owl was at the top of the gantry and just floating there and I began attacking it and nothing was happening until I got up close and saw the Square that said remove life force segment from it. What a relief as I was about to close the game and just prepare to do it all over again. But I thought I would then fight the Wolf, but instead found myself being chased by the Lotus and then went on to more parts of the Quest. Now on my way to fight Ballas. Hope to end this Quest soon, but can only play so long. Just a question, will I be fighting the last archon, the Wolf before this ends? Thanks.  

You will have to fight the last Archon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, tenno-ho52 said:

Just a question, will I be fighting the last archon, the Wolf before this ends? Thanks.  

You have to kill the last archon before the quest ends, but you do it with your warframe and whatever weapon loadout you brought into the quest. Not your drifter.

It's payback time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You have to kill the last archon before the quest ends, but you do it with your warframe and whatever weapon loadout you brought into the quest. Not your drifter.

It's payback time. 

Thought it was a bit of a bummer to be honest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

Thought it was a bit of a bummer to be honest.

I'll be honest I kind of did want a crack at all three with the drifter. 

When the quest becomes replayable, I'm doing Nira this time for sure with my Drifter. 

It was really anti-climactic. Nira pops up all my menacing. Then the full power of my WF loadout hits her and its like... well... 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...