Archon Boreal

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'll be honest I kind of did want a crack at all three with the drifter. 

When the quest becomes replayable, I'm doing Nira this time for sure with my Drifter. 

It was really anti-climactic. Nira pops up all my menacing. Then the full power of my WF loadout hits her and its like... well... 

Yea exactly. For me it was the wolf. The only reason the Wolf didn't insta died is because he went invulnerable. But then he was still stuck with 200 heat procs so...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I hit Nira for 450k damage with my primary... very unfulfilling...

It's exactly why the quests are as they are. Because there's no way you can balance a quest around warframe powers and make it playable for everyone with the same kind of challenge.

• Like 6

I did Boreal first (Coz I figured Earth is an easy planet, so I'd start there lol), and it took me far longer than I care to admit to understand I was supposed to smokescreen and go into the ball to shoot him, rather than avoid the ball.  Amar I again took longer than I should have to realise I needed to look at the minimap to see where the real one was (I expected him to glow or something - and I don't normally bother with enemy sensing mods)

But then Nira....  well Wuclone had killed her before I even got anywhere near her :D  I don't even know if she put up any struggle because I didn't even see the fight!  LOL  So I kinda wish we'd had to fight all 3 as Drifter.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 0bsi said:

So I kinda wish we'd had to fight all 3 as Drifter.

Agreed, the third fight is comically easy. I one-shotted Amar before I knew what was going on and then forgot about him.

Edited by QuestWasTaken
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 0bsi said:

So I kinda wish we'd had to fight all 3 as Drifter.

Nah, quest was long enough already, and despite the different heads the fights were pretty samey.

I'm all for making the quest replayable though, so you choose a different order. :)

• Like 3

Well yeah, it was both too long (for a single quest) and not long enough (To get all the info in).  But surely for most players, once they have their frames to use (and compared to the drifter gameplay), the fight then becomes anything from too easy to over before it even began.  So I don't really see the point in giving you back your frame for it.  If it's too easy using a frame why not just do it as a cutscene - probably more satisfying (and quicker and less annoying) than a big build up to what turns out to be an instakill boss.

If anything, it kinda made me annoyed at how long it took my dumb-ass to kill the other 2, considering I didn't even get to participate in the 3rd :P

16 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Honestly, I did Boreal and then Amar. I spent most of the time running around like a chicken until I had healed to 200 health and my smoke bomb was up, then got on higher ground, smoke bombed, and shot fully charged shots until the bomb was gone. I pretty much just brute forced with minimal strategy because I didn't pick up on a lot of the stuff I should have been doing. These fights were hard for me personally, but the fights themselves are fine.

To be honest, you fought Boreal, aka a super warframe+sentient, like a human would. That was exactly the point so I commend you. Lol! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 0bsi said:

I did Boreal first (Coz I figured Earth is an easy planet, so I'd start there lol), and it took me far longer than I care to admit to understand I was supposed to smokescreen and go into the ball to shoot him, rather than avoid the ball.  Amar I again took longer than I should have to realise I needed to look at the minimap to see where the real one was (I expected him to glow or something - and I don't normally bother with enemy sensing mods)

But then Nira....  well Wuclone had killed her before I even got anywhere near her :D  I don't even know if she put up any struggle because I didn't even see the fight!  LOL  So I kinda wish we'd had to fight all 3 as Drifter.

I do like that we get to talk about our two drifter fights and see which ones we chose to deal with first. I kinda extends the quest onto the forums for fun discussions , just like all of the lore and hidden stuff. DE loves to do that and I like it!

• Like 1

On 2022-01-21 at 12:47 PM, AulisVaara said:

I love a strategic battle. But Boreal simply teleports in and two shots me.

I cannot quickly create distance in the way the entire rest of the game has taught me, and I'm not exactly seeing the strategy in not being able to hit the boss half of the time.

The heal you get only heals twenty percent of your total, if you lose sixty percent at once, it's not enough to protect you against the same attack again.

If there are patterns to this boss, I have yet to see them. Apart from the very obvious bubble at two-thirds health.

TL;DR : trying to create space fails. Trying to recover fails. No discernable patterns I can learn.

EDIT: Still reading the advice in this thread. I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.

Keep trying Tenno, it ain't hard but it does need to think your move, I don't have to elaborate as many have typed paragraphs of guides but in essence, stay away from the electric arcs, even if you do use the heal I know it's like only 50 health if I remember but it's a status cleanse too, if you by something get electric procced, close up to him during his healing phase, try to roll and dodge the arcs, use the smoke bomb to close in the bubble easily and shoot him to break the cycle. If your good with the aim and timing of bow and arrow, use the perfect shot of the bow the red crits because it will be needed not for numbers but for taking the any Archon in a faster way and that's all, there's nothing more to it lol!!!

Edited by AkatsukiNo07
  • Like 1

On 2022-01-22 at 2:47 PM, AkatsukiNo07 said:

Keep trying Tenno, it ain't hard but it does need to think your move,

Thanks! But I already owned it on friday. With the bow.

Knowing it always teleports behind me gave me enough response time, I think. Not sure what otherwise the difference would have been. Although, come to think of it, it no longer seemed to teleport out of the way anymore either.

Edited by AulisVaara
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

Knowing it always teleports behind me gave me enough response time, I think. Not sure what otherwise the difference would have been. Although, come to think of it, it no longer seemed to teleport out of the way anymore either.

You da Tenno, Tenno! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

Yay there ya go!!! Now that you are calmed down, what do you think? The fight was great ain't it because well you get to study attack patterns which was your issue earlier. BTW that bow shreds lol!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

*spits out drink* wow, I thought he was giving up. Oh well, guess he gets a bit of respect for sticking with it then

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AulisVaara said:

Congrats! 

• Like 1

On 2022-01-21 at 3:00 AM, DreisterDino said:

I'd say always charge the bow.

You have that "perfect window" in the last ~quarter, its best to hit this before its fully charged.

If thats too hard, just fully charging the bow like you would with any other bow is fine too, you only miss out on a little crit chance.

Regarding the graphics, i have "effect intensity" on a really low value anyway because Warframe tends to exaggerate with effects a lot imo.

I dont know how the boss fights look like with that on max value (which is default i think), but i think reducing this will always be helpful.

Edit: Motion Blur and Screen Shake should be turned of in all games in any case 😄

Well that is new for me gonna try that too....  DEEEEEEEP Breath