Jump to content

Excuse me, but where is the Nira's Contempt mod for Ceti Lacera, Mios and Lacera? It is still a whip.


Recommended Posts

This needs adjustments.

Bg45KrG.pngzU975uj.pngHljOurr.png

Accordingly to your declaraion, Atterax is a whip (yet it has sharp blades at the end), but Mios, Lacera and Ceti Lacera ain't whips at all (Ceti version not even showing up as a whip). The Nira mod should be available for those, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Whip" is a separate category from "Blade & Whip." These weapons have different move sets, and are thus treated as different melee weapon types. Nira's Contempt is for whips, so it can't be used on weapons that aren't whips.

When you search "whip," you are finding Lacera and Mios because "whip" is part of "blade & whip." Similarly, you will find Nepheri and Fang when you search Dagger (even Quassus will show up), but you cannot put Covert Lethality on these weapons.

Edit: Ceti Lacera and Jat Kusar do not show up when you search "whip" because these weapons do not include the word "whip" in their descriptions. This is also why Quassus shows up when you search "dagger." ("The Quassus scatters ethereal daggers..."). Searching "whips" will show you every whip without the blade and whip weapons.

Edited by (XBOX)Regxxh
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

This needs adjustments.HljOurr.png

Accordingly to your declaraion, Atterax is a whip (yet it has sharp blades at the end), but Mios, Lacera and Ceti Lacera ain't whips at all (Ceti version not even showing up as a whip). The Nira mod should be available for those, too.

That's actually the search function f*cking up. Lacera and Mios are classified as "Blade-And-Whip", not "Whip", which are two different weapon combinations. You can't put Defiled Snapdragon on the Atterax, for example, and you can't put Nira's Contempt on the Lacera

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

That's actually the search function f*cking up. Lacera and Mios are classified as "Blade-And-Whip", not "Whip", which are two different weapon combinations. You can't put Defiled Snapdragon on the Atterax, for example, and you can't put Nira's Contempt on the Lacera

it's actually not a f up technically. It searched for things that have it in their name or description. AFAIK it doesn't really search by weapon type, just stuff in the weapons details being mentioned.

I mean I think it is a bad search value and they should fix it to be based on weapon type etc, but it is not the current way it does it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

AFAIK it doesn't really search by weapon type, just stuff in the weapons details being mentioned.

You can search by weapon type, but you have to type exactly what is stated on the mod cards for these weapons. So for Nira's Contempt, the mod is for "whips," not "whip." Searching "whips" will bring up every whip weapon, and this seems to work the same with other types of weapons, but I've been unable to find a way to search for all blade & whip weapons, so it's a little inconsistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

You can search by weapon type, but you have to type exactly what is stated on the mod cards for these weapons. So for Nira's Contempt, the mod is for "whips," not "whip." Searching "whips" will bring up every whip weapon, and this seems to work the same with other types of weapons, but I've been unable to find a way to search for all blade & whip weapons, so it's a little inconsistent.

hmm yea it would be nice if the search feature DE has for most things was more... dynamic? The one that makes me most miserable is trying to search for imprints. You can't search by breed or build or anything at all other than name. I suspect those tags were never included in the actual imprint, but they could at least add them in for new imprints, when I am selling junk ones on warframe.market, I don't like having to scroll through hundreds of imprints in hopes that maybe one will be what I am looking for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...