Exalted weapons as well as Warframe specific weapons can not trigger the teleportation effect of Amar mods.

3 minutes ago, Stankrer said:

I wonder if this is a glitch or intended. Garuda's Talons do not work either.

Does the set bonus increase when you put them on those weapons? I don wonder if it is just a side effect of changes they made to set mods. I imagine it wouldn’t work with thrown melees either.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Does the set bonus increase when you put them on those weapons? I don wonder if it is just a side effect of changes they made to set mods. I imagine it wouldn’t work with thrown melees either.

Well you cant put the mods on just any weapon, since one of them is dual dagger exclusive. Only the 2 Warframe mods can enable you to teleport to enemies using heavy attack with any weapon.

Edited by Stankrer

1 hour ago, Stankrer said:

Well you cant put the mods on just any weapon, since one of them is dual dagger exclusive. Only the 2 Warframe mods can enable you to teleport to enemies using heavy attack with any weapon.

Ah, I worded my question badly. When you put a set mod on an exalted melee no 'set point' is added. So maybe that is why you cannot teleport when using it. My assumption is that the lack of functionality could be an oversight. The set bonus should still apply even if it does not contribute to the set.

23 hours ago, krc473 said:

Ah, I worded my question badly. When you put a set mod on an exalted melee no 'set point' is added. So maybe that is why you cannot teleport when using it. My assumption is that the lack of functionality could be an oversight. The set bonus should still apply even if it does not contribute to the set.

Wait do you mean that any set mod on exalted melees does not contribute a set point? 

I guess that makes it clear now. Exalted weapons ignore set mods. 

I wonder if the gladiator set also suffers from this.

2 hours ago, Stankrer said:

Wait do you mean that any set mod on exalted melees does not contribute a set point? 

Yeah Gladiator Set doesn’t work on Exalted weapons, the set only works on equipped melee weapons 

If you have the set on your melee weapon, only then will it work and proc on an exalted melee 

Edited by (PSN)ClockworkSiren
A word

2 hours ago, Stankrer said:

Exactly that. I believe that is why it does not work. Whether it should be changed to work I am not sure though - I don’t see any reason not to have it work some way or another.

All Amar's Mods and weapons are a set of a thematic :

• Warframe MOD : Amar's Hatred +30% Armor / +15% Ability Strength
  • Warframe MOD : Amar's Anguish +15% to Bullet Jump / +15% Sprint Speed

• Dual Daggers MOD : Amar's Contempt +90% Melee Damage / +30% Slash
    • ==> Teleport to a target within 10m/20m/30m on using a Heavy Attack.
  • WEAPON : The Nepheri are the signature Dual Daggers of Archon Amar.

So basically the 3 mods are to be originally used with The Nepheri Dual daggers. It is the first set with an effect on only one type of weapon + one category (4 weapons only besides Nepheri)  ... but if there was an exalted dual daggers, it still won't apply because :

WIKIA / SET MODS :

While Set Mods can be equipped on Exalted Weapons, they will not contribute to nor benefit from set bonuses, but the regular effect of the mod will still apply. This also applies to Venari.

• The Sacrificial Set is an exception to this.
  • The Vilgilante Set and Gladiator Set can still apply if equipped on Warframe, Primary, Melee, or Robotic Weapons, and not on the Exalted Weapon itself.
Edited by RLanzinger
Mispelling Error corrections