Theory: Erra is the Narmer leader now

There was something about Erra that kept bugging me and my wonderful wife just happen to notice it as we watched the cinematics from the Prologue to New War. Erra, at the time of New War, had a large, red orb planted in his abdomen area as well as his new red eyes. He was able to entrance people without the veil and still had command of the sentients, even without Natah (as is seen in the Old War). Also, during the entire stretch of the quest's timeline, he was never actually under Ballas' control but more as a direct ally. Lastly, we never see Erra die.

All of the above gives me plenty of reason to assume he is Narmer's leader...aka the leader of the sentients and entranced world. Ballas' staff was left behind which looks like the transmitter for Narmer messaging, there are PLENTY of downed warframes and sentients for more Archons and, while we don't ultimately know Teshin's fate, we now 100% know that Erra has knowledge on how to make warframes, thanks to Ballas' help with Caliban. Teshin very well may make a return as another warframe with sentience! 

Anyway, any thoughts on this? Am I on a decent enough track?

• Like 3

You know what I'm thinking, I'm thinking that Teshin is in Deruvi, that ballas/Erra threw him into the void and he ended up there.

I know it's a bit far-fetched but I really hope that DE didn't just give one of the most beloved (imo) characters a death like that and just wipe their hands.

Also about Erra, that might explain why he went against Ballas in the last part of the quest. He didn't like where Ballas was taking things so he decided to cut ties and help the tenno in defeating him and when we do defeat him he just takes over as the ruler. It actually makes a lot of sense, he wouldn't fight with us (for now at least) since their people just went through a war, no matter how easily won so he might just be biding his time.

Edited by hellodownthere
added the Erra paragraph
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

You know what I'm thinking, I'm thinking that Teshin is in Deruvi, that ballas/Erra threw him into the void and he ended up there.

I know it's a bit far-fetched but I really hope that DE didn't just give one of the most beloved (imo) characters a death like that and just wipe their hands.

Also about Erra, that might explain why he went against Ballas in the last part of the quest. He didn't like where Ballas was taking things so he decided to cut ties and help the tenno in defeating him and when we do defeat him he just takes over as the ruler. It actually makes a lot of sense, he wouldn't fight with us (for now at least) since their people just went through a war, no matter how easily won so he might just be biding his time.

Can't agree more with the Teshin part, maybe just like the Operator he was sucked in the void and maybe is stuck in Duviri, and I really hope he comes back, I don't want to see another poorly written "plot twist" to make him an enemy for no reason, that's kinda cringe.

Also Erra seemed to agree with Hunhow, and either he was willing to save Lotus as he said because maybe he realised Ballas is just a nut-case or it can be as you said, though I think it's very unlikely as the post suggests. Well I wouldn't be surprised if Alad V seizes the opportunity and become the Narmer emperor now, that guy just doesn't learn lol???

• Like 2

The red glow might come from the Unums Temple Kuva the Sentients were after to restore their Void induced infertility. It also has the power to control living beings, as is hinted at in Garas backstory. It might as well be a component in building the Veils.

Edited by -Ironheade-
  • Like 2

I have said this before ,

I don't think teshin is "human" i think he is a cephalon , one which can control a singular meat puppet like the orokin towers in the void , his helmet is actually a transference link.

And Erra ... I don't trust erra , i don't trust any characters named after deities known for lies and treachery.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't think teshin is "human" i think he is a cephalon , one which can control a singular meat puppet like the orokin towers in the void , his helmet is actually a transference link

Very good point. After all, he has survived since the Old War without cryo sleep, he is as formidable as a warframe, he has abnormally high agility for a human as well as the ability to aim glide (although there are effects on his suit they may suggest it's a uniform enhancement). Teshin is also able to copy himself, as seen in The War Within.

14 hours ago, hellodownthere said:

I know it's a bit far-fetched

I don't think it is far fetched, I think you are exactly right and it has been foreshadowed in past Duviri trailers. 

The Erra we see is not the Erra Lotus killed with a gang of hyno-toaded Tenno. 

This guy is someone else, and there is something shady going on with him. We haven't seen the last of him, and he is definitely not our friend. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Teshin is "the helmet" somehow, and we end up with another customizable helm in our orbiter after Duviri Paradox that we can spend plat on to customize his look. 

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't think teshin is "human" i think he is a cephalon , one which can control a singular meat puppet like the orokin towers in the void , his helmet is actually a transference link.

And Erra ... I don't trust erra , i don't trust any characters named after deities known for lies and treachery.

It could have been kind of like Nihil, he cephalon'd himself in order to stay alive. I have definitely considered that possibility. 

We still don't know how Ballas stayed alive in basically the same form... was he in cryo? I don't think that is ever explained. 

But if Teshin did Cephalon himself, is he creating Dax bodies to live in Warframe style? Why could the queens still control him? Because of the body he was using? Or something more complicated in regards to the power of kuva over former Dax? 

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would half-agree, personally I think the flesh we see is a façade and underneath he is a cephalon/robot. Given the duviri trailer we do see mechanical dax, why not just add some skin over one? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

We still don't know how Ballas stayed alive in basically the same form... was he in cryo? I don't think that is ever explained.

I am gonna guess he was in cryp on Lua , he woke up when we brought back the moon from the void.

• Like 1

Sure, whatever makes you happy, the quest has completely shredded every remaining trace of coherence in the story anyway, so pretty much anything you can think of goes at this point.

Even if it doesn't make any sense, or if it is contradicted by futur quests, both you and the official writers can just go "Ah ! Eternalism baby ! Everything has and has not happened, everything is both true and false !"

On 2022-01-23 at 7:14 AM, -Ironheade- said:

The red glow might come from the Unums Temple Kuva the Sentients were after to restore their Void induced infertility. It also has the power to control living beings, as is hinted at in Garas backstory. It might as well be a component in building the Veils.

The Sentients likely stock piled the hell out of Kuva too, so uh, yeah, that's not good.

• Like 2

This is why I don't care for the messy story for this game, DE leaves alot of stuff unexplained and up in the air, to the point that countless theories without concrete proof keep popping up. Ignore me, I guess I'm just not a fan of "Theories" that came from speculation and not much else, with very little tying said theories together. It's kinda a reason I dont like games that leave stuff up to interpretation. It's a lazy way of story telling imo. Anyway don't let me sour the mood, on topic, I don't believe Erra is a leader of narmer. We saw him "Die" but I seriously doubt after fighting a "War" that Erra would want to try again immediately after it ends. If he did, then DE better have a damn good reason for it, especially considering his "Change of heart" moment.