Is there a way to revert to old maps/assets?

Pretty much as in the title. The new Plains and Vallis maps are both causing serious issues for my PC, despite previous performance. It previously ran at 120fps on both tile sets, and now tanks below 50 at times. Add to this I find the changes in Fortuna and Cetus unappealing as well, and I'd like to go back to my pre-war assets please. Maybe add some kind of filter mode, like used for the the Steel Path? If there's a way to just undo the effects, I'd appreciate knowing.

• Like 4

it'd need more than just a filter; the shape of the landscape has changed; leading to things like loki or Nova being vital in PoE just to make sure the downed drone doesn't get stuck on obstacles. Technicalities aside, I'd be all for it just because all the red in new fortuna/valis gives me a headache

• Like 1

On 2022-01-24 at 12:27 AM, Iterum said:

It previously ran at 120fps on both tile sets, and now tanks below 50 at times

Is that a change though? You say below 50 “at times”. You can still consistently run at 120 FPS and just tank to below 50 “at times”. Have you tried changing graphics settings, updating hardware (esp. GPU), verifying and optimising the cache?

The only way to use the old map is to find someone pre-TNW. Maybe as part of quest replayability it could be changed, but nothing until then I imagine.

The devs can only do so much, the game is already very well optimized & we get more every updates/hotfixes

You'll have to upgrade your pc at some point

Also, from 120 fps to 50? I highly doubt that

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Triezieme said:

it'd need more than just a filter; the shape of the landscape has changed; leading to things like loki or Nova being vital in PoE just to make sure the downed drone doesn't get stuck on obstacles. Technicalities aside, I'd be all for it just because all the red in new fortuna/valis gives me a headache

To be fair, both the old and new maps (guessing OW hubs are the same) are still in the game so it's not really a filter it's just a 'tick box' on which you load.

Doesn't help if you're not the host mind and it would be better long term to see some optimisations done to the NW PoE....  honestly though the new open world maps/missions are pretty buggy so I'm hoping DE are spending some time fixing the issues before an update comes out soontm

Edited by LSG501

2 hours ago, Triezieme said:

it'd need more than just a filter; the shape of the landscape has changed; leading to things like loki or Nova being vital in PoE just to make sure the downed drone doesn't get stuck on obstacles.

A lot of that is just bad future-proofing. "Hey let's give the flying drones the pathfinding AND HITBOXES of bipedal Grineer!"

Yeah. I believe I've worked out a few of the causes for tanking; it's most noticeable near the patches of craters and very "detailed" objects. If I had to guess, and that's what this is, it's poor optimisation of surfaces under complex lighting effects. Given my GPU is still running every other game at superfluous speeds, I'm not inclined to blame the GPU.

Not to mention drones constantly spawning inside the ground, capture and rescue targets falling through the world, I'm just not going to play the Plains any more. At least new vallis is vaguely nice looking.