Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence: Post-Event and Next Steps!

[DE]Danielle

Prime Resurgence was great, but a good deal of that was in the "Everyone is here!!" sense. Having access to so many limited items at once was fantastic for newer/returning players, AND you could pick what you wanted.

This is also why Scarlet Spear and Orphix Venom were fantastic, same as the Baro relay. I do hope it comes back somehow, similar to that.

Heck maybe the solution is to have aya drop the month of Tennocon and have Varzia open the regal shop for a week.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)mwgzbro said:

not trying to be angry but why rhino and nyx? didn't we have them like 6 months ago?

Probably because they were the current unvaulted duo when the even started, so will keep those up until ready in Feb for the next rotation. This way which ever duo come they will get the full 3 month give or take they deserve.

There were a lot of interesting things about the event while it lasted, so I hope it can return at some point with different primes and their things.

That being said, I still hope to see a couple of the things I mentioned back then;

In the main post of the thread, Atlas Prime was not mentioned, even though he was vaulted prior to the event. Might've been an error of some sort, but I think it should be considered for the next time Prime Resurgence returns, hypothetically. The Dethcube Prime accessories would be great to see again :)

One last suggestion:

astrolabe_inspired_ayatan_thingy.png

Would it be possible to add the Astrolabe Ayatan sculpture to her wares for Aya next time around? I remember the Zambuka Ayatan sculpture from Cetus was added to Arbitrations, so I don't see why this one couldn't be obtainable in the future.

• Like 2

Well, by default a recurring "Prime Resurgence"-thing has and will be focused on newer players. In part because long-timers already have all actual content (disregarding cosmetics) and partly because most other "serious players" being active during a resurgence will have laid heir hands on the same content. So, the only ones missing stuff they want are "newer players". And then, of course we have all the wannabe Gordon Geckos, farming "for profit" (but we don't really care about them).

Since Prime Resurgence was so encompassing, the same effects (as above) apply to the normal unvaults of any warframe that was accessible. The pool of interested players for an unvaulted and already "resurged" warframe has to be quite small and mostly consist of newer players (that missed the resurgence).

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, but personally I would prefer differing mini-resurgences to a larger prime resurgence and the current unvaults. Farming aya is a much nicer way of acquiring relics, since you can buy the ones you need instead of resorting to relic-specific drop chances. However, make the aya drop from varying sources for different mini-resurgences (we have had enough of bounties for quite a while, believe you me). And hopefully any and all future resurgences will be "pre-proofed" against the mess that became of the Ghoul bounties.

So keep the aya-mechanic and Varzia, change the current unvaults into mini-resurgencies and make aya drop from new sources/missions every bloody time. You could even boldly mix aya into all kinds of events, turning them into parallel mini-resurgence "events", which might make it a bit newer, fresher and more interesting.

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 3

for the future, i'd recommend Aya being in addition to Mission Rewards so that more of the content can Reward it. having it outside of the Mission Rewards makes it easier to control the rate of it without disrupting how those Missions would normally work.
basically, for more Mission variety than just Void and Bounties.

and i'm still gonna stick with having Aya and Regal Aya is a poor naming scheme. they're too similar in name. 
that results in it being easy for people to be confused.

plus, the Trader Menu for this is super bloated and complicated. i'd recommend having better Tab Filters. takes a while to figure out what is what, including if one wanted to Buy something, if they're presented with a List that even when Filtered has like 50 different Buy Buttons. 

i also have qualms with having a converted Currency since ofcourse that causes leftover/waste problems just like any other converted Currency does, when in the past that wasn't the case. but i have absolutely zero expectation of anything happening with that so i digress.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 7

I liked the event a lot. Got a lot of missing primes parts and plat from selling stuff. Will we see Varzia as new head of the conclave sindicate? And please dont use eternalism to bring Teshin back from the dead. Timetravel, multiverse and ressurections is poison for storytelling.

37 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

One last suggestion:

astrolabe_inspired_ayatan_thingy.png

Would it be possible to add the Astrolabe Ayatan sculpture to her wares for Aya next time around? I remember the Zambuka Ayatan sculpture from Cetus was added to Arbitrations, so I don't see why this one couldn't be obtainable in the future.

Yes please! 😻

SmgvWtk.gif

• Like 7

I actually enjoyed event, it was really nice. Enjoyed buying what i actually wanted.  Just curious though how the trade economy will be though for those who actually earn currency only via trades. I wouldnt mind seeing event once a year with rotation of a few frames. Instead of the week rotations why not just release all at once similar to the final phases from the get-go. Can't wait to see what you guys have planned. Thanks DE. 

I think my only critique for this event is to remove the Aya from relic packs and just toss in one of the random vaulted relics. I would rather get a random vaulted relic than see the relic itself replaced with Aya. That's a lot of standing or plat to save up for only to get Aya instead of a relic.

• Like 1

I have two issue with the event.

#1: You seriously need to look at the acquisition rate of aya. Having bounties as best way to obtain it just doesn't feel great. Really need to look at increased quantity obtained in endless mission to compensate the time it take to do those. Maybe get 1 or just simply make it so you always get some with each mission you do you get some, i would be ok if you still limit it to relic drooping nodes if you want to limit it a bit. But the current iteration of aya acquisition really need to be looked at.

#2: The un-vaulting of a particular duo of frame weapons and accessories should last more than just the 1 week, that is even with the returning for the extra week at the end of the event. Specially considering my point 1, if you keep everything as is, this feel really bad for people trying to farm for those. It does not give them much time to build up enough aya without making it so its piratically all they do during the week its up. Same for when it return, because chances you will not have gotten everything that first week and unless you basically already have everything else from the other weeks. So you might not have build up a big enough stack of aya to buy what you miss during those last two weeks.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

or can be held onto for potential future Prime Vault efforts

Why not just have the entire vault system revolve around this? You went through the effort of making all this to basically dump it? You would not only clean up drop tables of relics for Aya in bounties, but you could still give the option for players to buy EXACTLY what they want from these packs with regal Aya without having to drop an exorbitant amount of money to get armor, and a bunch of crap they may not want, or already own. While you seem to be thinking about the future of this system, it seems like a huge waste to develop it to basically dump it.

Same can be said about Orb Vallis as well. Why wasn't the bounty glitches fixed? Enemy spawns being broken, not be able to get the data keys that not only make the pacing of the part of that bounty normal, but also needing to get 3 of them for the bonus objective, which will be forced failed, which will also cause players to lose their bonus reward forcibly which is also infuriating when trying to farm Aya, or relics.

• Like 3

It was a good event for those who are somewhat new to the game, but veterans didn't exactly get worthwhile content. But hopefully that is gonna be resolved soon with Post-New War.

One massive critique point was communication during this event. Aside from the lack of the proper in-game explanations and confusion regarding how exactly the Regal Aya system was going to work, someone has to address the elephant in the room:

"No can do Plat" > "No can do Plat this time, next time can do" > "Suddenly can do Plat"

If the numbers are looking bleak and you really need to make profit, then openly communicate that with us and I think there is nobody who can't at least spare 20 bucks for the game we love. But what you pulled with this one was not okay. One of the reasons many players including me came to WF (and I can't stress this enough) was the honesty and transparency of its developers. WF caught my attention after I saw a video by Yongyea about how you guys got rid of a slot machine. And the way you went with PrRe in the beginning, well, it took all three monkeys (See nothing, hear nothing, say nothing) to not call it...terrible communication. Especially in times when we see Activision Blizzard going completely down the drain and even the all-hailed CDPR are falling from grace, trust has become a very sparse and valuable resource. Treat it with care...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

While the event did extremely well, it’s time to review the details holistically now that it's over to answer the question: What is the future of Prime Resurgence?

While important next-step decisions are being made, the following covers what you can expect in terms of Prime Vault content in the wake of Prime Resurgence:

The Interim Return of Prime Vault

To not disrupt player accessibility to Vaulted content, a traditional Prime Vault will be returning in February. In traditional Prime Vault fashion, packs will be available through the in-game Market (and stores on Consoles) and Vault Relics will be added to the Drop Tables. More details on specifics to come! 

I'm super confused, the Prime Resurgence was supposed to replace the labour-intensive unvaultings right? I absolutely get having a single new currency rather than pack after pack after pack with infinite new SKUs. I get it can't be plat because trading messes with the business model hence the new cash-currency.

Now, maybe you shouldn't have used the same name for the new paid currency as the unpaid currency (making it clear that the new paid currency replaces the prior cash-only transaction) and there may yet be some drop and volume/cost values that need tweaking but surely that's all manageable before the next time you run the event?

I'm just confused why you're phrasing it as if "well that didn't work, lets go back to the old system" especially after introducing a new currency with the implication of ongoing ability to purchase subsequent unvaultings with "Regal Aya". what are people supposed to do with spare Regal Aya, packs bought speculating on the next unvaulting?

Not that I, personally, care that much about the mechanism, both Aya and Regal Aya are useless to me as I got all my primes when they came out, right back to Frost Prime, but it seemed like an overall improvement for those who didn't, so why the step backwards?

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 2

So I'm going to leave the mechanical discussion of Prime Resurgence for the rest of the community for now, and just say that I really appreciate Varzia as a character and the little snippets of lore we get from her; she’s a great example of getting a lot of mileage out of a rather small addition.  I would definitely love to see more of her in the future, Varzia as an alternative mission control for Steel Path would definitely entice me to give Steel Path a bit more of my time and attention.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TakasuNight said:

You took out Ghoul Purge, which helped with farming, making the event even heavier.

I hate to be this guy, but boo hoo (please don't take this super serious, or be super offended you'll see later).

PC got to take advantage of this BADLY!!! Meanwhile, console players (at least Switch) didn't get access to Ghoul Purge until the final week, and wasn't even around long enough to matter, and was already patched. I wouldn't have this big of an issue if DE just made it fair. PC got to indulge in much higher drop rates from this, then they patched it, but decided not to let it go to consoles first to make it fair. Instead we got the shaft and felt like we were punished, and DE played favorites.

• Like 1