Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence: Post-Event and Next Steps!

[DE]Danielle

I liked that it gave somewhat newer players like me a chance to get older stuff and consider the event as success, but from a meta perspective, I feel the event in the future should be toned down a bit in pace, maybe doubling the duration of each rotation at minimum. After grinding like crazy the first week to attempt to get everything, the level of grinding felt unsustainable and it completely distracted me from playing any content not connected with obtaining more aya or reactant. I haven't completed a story mission, obtained a lich, entered my railjack or levelled my mote amp since before the event. So I resolved to only pick out one or two choice items to grind for in each week and move on afterwards. A newer player than myself with a limited arsenal would be stretched thin for fear of missing out.

Edit: Definitely bring in Varzia's unique ?ayatan sculpture as an ingame item. It looks so much closer to Dax than Orokin aesthetics, is the only one in motion on her table, and might have its own lore too. 

Also 1 aya = 5 ducats is too little.

Edited by greenzaku
Added information
  • Like 3

If this event comes back in the future I will not take part in again if it is handled the same way as it was the first time.

This event felt like a complete cash grab with normal aya being pain to get when in all fairness it shouldn't have been for the simple fact that we were trading those in for relics only outside of 4 other items with 3 being 1 time only and the other being a scam.

It be understandable if normal aya worked as regal aya and let trade it in for an already completed item or prime cosmetic items but it didn't.

In fact we had to trade normal aya for an item that was completely rng which would be understandable if the drop rate was fair with it which again it wasn't.

Also for those who say play bounties keep in mind you may have had good luck but that doesn't mean others did.

6 hours ago, greenzaku said:

for fear of missing out.

You said the magic words right here. FOMO. A common tactic used in F2P games, or timed events that also have microtransactions to get the same items. It's predatory, and previous unvaultings wasn't like this. You had a adequate amount of time to get everything if you wish. They purposely made things fast to incentivize purchases to get things you want since it took so long to get them through normal means.

I'm all for supporting developers, but between Regal Aya not having Platinum and charging full price of other packs that included it, and the FOMO blistering pace with broken bounties still, making you forcibly lose your bonus reward by playing through normal means, or failing them in a worst case scenario, seems extremely predatory like the other 99% of the F2P games, or even mobile games (Wait... Mobile Warframe is on the way. Definitely seems like a purposeful decision now.🙄)...

Overall I enjoyed the event, but it felt quite frantic, so a couple of points:

• Each rotation was too short - It was a massive grind to farm the Aya and the traces to be able to get everything in the one week.  Especially for lower MR players who can't hold enough void traces.  Making each rotation last 2 weeks means players can pace themselves better.
  • Too many frames at once - While it was great to get a chance to get all that Prime stuff, it did make the event feel overwhelming.  I think that future events should be spread out a little more, by offering fewer frames, with longer time in each rotation, and run the event more often (so that you're offering the same amount, just spread out more).
  • As others have said, the grind to get Aya was frustrating.  I understand that to get Primes for free we have to put in effort, and given Aya is supposed to be hard to get, I think the drop rate was ok - but running the same bounties over and over is not enjoyable.  Please add more ways to obtain it so players have more choices in how to farm it.
  • Like 8

thanks for the event !

I liked it, it was a good opportunity to get long overdue vaulted primes for me :) ... I also liked that the introduction of Aya makes it easier to focus on vaulted items than regular prime vaults.

I hope it returns, I still have some primes to get... 

BTW : Where can we get Varzia's playlist ??? <3

• Like 1

Let me buy 4 regal aya or even 6, everything I was tempted to buy was an even amount of regal, having one extra with nothing I want to spend it on put me off buying any. Also if I am going to be "forced" into the 3/7/15 packs let me at least be able to use them to gift items I maybe dont want but friends and family do. My partner wanted some armour, I wanted the operator suit, I probably would just bought the 7 R-aya pack just so I could get myself something and him, but it seems wasteful to buy two packs of 3 and each have one left over...taunting us.

• Like 2

Couple other thoughts I had on the event (after my other posts).

1 - I never bought Regal Aya.  I've spent money on WF (easily $200, probably $300).  I know that's not a ton compared to many, but I'm guessing it's way more than most.  The Regal Aya packs looked like a scam to me, so I just avoided them (I farmed every prime I still needed, and don't, generally, care about cosmetics).

2 - Warframe's LFG system is woefully lacking for an event like this (encouraging radshares).  Sure, there are filters, but my god finding groups this way (via text chat in a bloated channel with so many different relics up at once) was just annoying and a throwback to 2002.  I played the New World betas (refunded after the open beta, thankfully) and it's one of the many mistakes that game has - no group finder.  I don't expect this to change, but it was annoying to find groups if I wasn't on during prime time or it was a day or two later than the initial rush of radshares for a given week's relics.  There were 3 primes from week 9 I didn't have, and looking for these groups, after not needing anything from weeks 7 and 8, was painfully unfun.

• Like 1

While at the start of Prime Resurgence I had a lot of fun - the more I played the more my motivation plummeted. In the first week it was clear that the best way to farm Aya was bounties. Orb Vallis having the highest drop rate of up to 50%, followed by Cambion Drift, then lastly Plains of Eidolon.

Orb Vallis bugs:

Data Keys Objective: Key carriers don't spawn. Fix - Go into Fortuna and return wasting about 3-5 minutes with loading times.

Spy/Hack the console without detection: Rarely but sometimes the objective will be in the same building/area that was just a "Defend the Drone" objective which means there are enemies everywhere still while the objective becomes active. Fix - Use an invisibility frame.

Cambion Drift bugs:

Outscore Grineer (Grineer turn into Jedi laser sighted assassin's) a squad of Brammas and massive CC can sometimes BARELY beat them much less by 50% (although if you do another bounty directly after with the same squad they will dramatically normalize)

Plains of Eidolon bugs:

Don't let control go below a certain percentage: Idk what the issue is with this one exactly. Sometimes the mission starts and the bar goes from 100 to zero in a matter of 3 seconds.

Getting the bonus is hugely important especially on Orb Vallis as the last objective reward has a 50% drop rate. Almost every bonus I got through hundreds of bounties was almost always Aya. Being force stopped from the bonus because of things out of our control KILLS motivation or interest. Please fix these before bringing any of this back.

Otherwise enjoyed and am thankful for more things to do during play

• Like 3

Varzia was probably the real prize of this event. I hope to see more of her.

And it was certainly a better idea than simply "Unvaulting" things on the website and throwing relics into the void. There was an opportunity for collecting and grinding for everyone, and even an option to profit from things. I would welcome another, perhaps yearly(?) crack at it.

GG DE 💗

• Like 4

Thanks for the event! It helped me round out my collection, which would have taken years if you stuck to the old Prime Vault. Here's hoping the experiment was as good for you folks as it was for me, and we will see another version of it again soon!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, O_Protagonista said:

Timetravel, multiverse and ressurections is poison for storytelling.

Honestly, I liked the eternalism aspect for The New War. At least our (REDACTED FOR SPOILERS) got to kick his butt in the end.

Edited by Stickman949
  • Like 1

I returned after a year and honestly while there is new content , this event was kind of boring for the sole reason that most of the bounties suck, are boring , are the same thing  or are bugged. it would be nice if you introduced new types of bounties.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, (XBOX)LordShadowX99 said:

If i hadnt already farmed all items in the rotation years ago then id only be eager to do the event if it DID NOT include a dollar sign. Im sure many more would do it too. But i guess its way too much to ask to be able to get already built primes WITHOUT needing to splash the cash

I mean, you're paying for the resources, skipping the build times, an installed reactor/catalyst, the warframe slot, among other things. 

I think DE has been more than fair with their F2P model despite many people seemingly saying the opposite, if you want the pretty thing for free, you have to jump through hoops, otherwise they'd be no point in having them as a premium item, it'd just be like any other accessory you own because everyone'd own one and DE would make nothing from it, you gotta consider both sides of that argument. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PrawiSucia said:

please keep regal aya available to buy. There's no reason varzia shop still open but can't get regal aya anymore

I do think DE would do well to actually keep Regal Aya open and earn passive income from those who missed the frames but still want the accessories and other items Varzia has, but I'm not in charge of marketing and I have no idea if that'd be a profitable move for them. (Without upsetting those that went in thinking the rotations were semi-exclusive content)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

That is a.... diplomatic.... way to put the S#&amp;&#036;show that happened yes.

Can you... NOT nerf aya drops? Please?

I don't think much changed that wasn't reasonable. Ghouls got nerfed because many hundreds (possibly thousands) of people were abusing it and their servers for Aya. The other bounty drop rates can just be put down to the price you pay for wanting to be Free To Play, the option has always been there to pay for what you want.

• Like 3