When will there be a Mastery test for Legendary 2

I found no other thread that encompassed my question, some were close, but not exactly what i meant, so here goes.

Since Legendary 2 is reachable (at least for Master and Grandmaster e.g. Founders, unsure about other ranks), but there is no option to rank up, I'd like to know when this will be implemented and gather other peoples thoughts on this. I would like to get that rank up.

Not because of bragging rights, MR is just a number and some benefits after all, but because I'm a completionist and a full xp-Bar and no option to "rank up" being there is abhorrent to me.

I know it would probably hit a nerve for some players, since it would look like pampering of the "old guard", or founders and maybe elitists so to speak, but on the other hand, why not make it available when it's already possible to reach it?

Edited by Sl4t3
  • Like 4

While we have enough content to achieve Legendary Rank 2 in this Update, we are postponing the ability to perform the Test until 2022. This decision was not made lightly, we simply did not feel we could perform necessary testing to release it in this build. 

Because it just ain't done yet. Shouldn't be long, we'll probably get an update on this week's devstream.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Because it just ain't done yet. Shouldn't be long, we'll probably get an update on this week's devstream.

Huh, seems my reading of the diverse patch notes, or in this case - the update note, was not as thorough as I thought it was, or i simply missed that one. But yeah, I can see it now. Still I hope it'll be ready soon.

• Like 3

vor 11 Minuten schrieb -AncientWarrior-:

I don't really care about MR 32 now, first of all, I'm missing something around 23,000 points, secondly, I don't see the need to mold all kuva/tenet weapons to max. rank 40, absolute waste! MR 30 to 31 was an absolute flop anyway, the test was total rubbish, the reward was inferior! That's why I take my time, I haven't felt like leveling for a long time anyway and forma it's just gotten annoying!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Richtel79 said:

I don't really care about MR 32 now, first of all, I'm missing something around 23,000 points, secondly, I don't see the need to mold all kuva/tenet weapons to max. rank 40, absolute waste! MR 30 to 31 was an absolute flop anyway, the test was total rubbish, the reward was inferior! That's why I take my time, I haven't felt like leveling for a long time anyway and forma it's just gotten annoying!

sooo why are you here in this thread for ? 

• Like 7

They are burned out from the crunch time for TNW and until the end of the month a lot of them had mandatory vacation accrued and aren't even allowed by Canadian law to come back to work yet. The test will be there for you to pass soon. They already announced they didn't have it ready yet, but were aware some people were ready for it, and should have it out soon. 

10 hours ago, (PSN)Richtel79 said:

I'm waiting for Legendary Rank 60. By then we can forma our gear and it'll be Rank 30 automatically without even stepping foot outside the Orbiter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LSG501 said:

To be honest I wouldn't be shocked to hear they didn't realise there was enough xp available to level up again.

euh...an hour before that post by LSG501

13 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

While we have enough content to achieve Legendary Rank 2 in this Update, we are postponing the ability to perform the Test until 2022. This decision was not made lightly, we simply did not feel we could perform necessary testing to release it in this build. 

LSG501, thank you for demonstrating that all you are about is putting out disparaging remarks and can't even be bothered to read even the post that is literally the first and, at that time, only responds on something without feeling the need to write a toxic lie.

Edited by (PSN)kite9000
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, (PSN)kite9000 said:

euh...an hour before that post by LSG501

LSG501, thank you for demonstrating that all you are about is putting out disparaging remarks and can't even be bothered to read even the post that is literally the first and, at that time, only responds on something without feeling the need to write a toxic lie.

A quote without reference means nothing and there was no link to another post or even the name of the person who posted the quote.

If you think my post is disparaging then maybe you should wonder why people have that viewpoint of the devs rather than trying to be a white knight

Edited by LSG501

32 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

A quote without reference means nothing and there was no link to another post or even the name of the person who posted the quote.

To find the original that was qouted took me a minute on google, see in below qouted post from Rebecca.

Another sign of bad faith or laziness. Most likely, in lieu of your other posts, both.

If you think my post is disparaging ....

Nah, saying something like :

13 hours ago, LSG501 said:

To be honest I wouldn't be shocked to hear they didn't realise there was enough xp available to level up again.

after someone had already hinted what the reason was and you chosing to ignore that is not me thinking you are disparaging but is you being disparaging.

... then maybe you should wonder why people have that viewpoint of the devs rather than trying to be a white knight

Nope. The only people that have that view are people like you that are too lazy to look things up, assume the worst of people in general and DE in particular and are just inertly toxic. DE is not perfect. There are things that could objectively be done better by them and they have made mistakes. They have been called out about things in the past and they were big enough to admit when they did wrong and rectifying it. Unlike some people we won't mention. *stare*

The fact remains though that you had a knee jerk reaction, shooting off you mouth, leaving you with egg on your face and you aren't adult enough to admit when you were utterly completely and demonstrably wrong.

Now you can either :

1/ keeping hurling insults , veiled or otherwise

2/ choose to move on so you can imagine that you are saving face

3/ be a mensch and acknowledge that you just posted to be snarky

Edited by (PSN)kite9000
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)kite9000 said:

snip

I shouldn't need to spend time searching for stuff when a quote is added when you can actually link to the author.  It's very kind of you to go through google to find it though... but just because something is written in a post by the devs doesn't mean what has been written is actually true..... we can assume that everything DE's says is true but even the most naive of us should realise that isn't the case. 

But hey if you don't like my views feel free to block me.

I think it will be made available they they add enough content and weapons for non-founders to reach L2. So far, we are short by 9k mastery if I recall. 3 new weapons should do it.

Edited by Jarriaga

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I shouldn't need to spend time searching for stuff when a quote is added when you can actually link to the author.  It's very kind of you to go through google to find it though... but just because something is written in a post by the devs doesn't mean what has been written is actually true..... we can assume that everything DE's says is true but even the most naive of us should realise that isn't the case. 

But hey if you don't like my views feel free to block me.

In short, you aren't man enough to admit when you did wrong, couldn't be bothered to look something up and still try to mealy mouth hinting that DE might be lying.

Duly noted.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, (PSN)kite9000 said:

In short, you aren't man enough to admit when you did wrong, couldn't be bothered to look something up and still try to mealy mouth hinting that DE might be lying.

Duly noted.

My view isn't going to change and considering DE is more than willing to release the open worlds with plenty of bugs (along with previous Christmas releases I might add) I'm just far more sceptical than you of 'testing' being the reason.

You're more than welcome to have your own viewpoint but you trying to 'white knight' on DE's behalf isn't going to change mine.

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

'white knight' 

Using that term at all just makes you look bad, not the person you are trying to ad hominem. It really is vicariously embarrassing to see people still throwing that term around when someone won't go on a "DE are dumb liars" hate fest with them. Just sad. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Using that term at all just makes you look bad, not the person you are trying to ad hominem. It really is vicariously embarrassing to see people still throwing that term around when someone won't go on a "DE are dumb liars" hate fest with them. Just sad. 

Hence the reason it was in apostrophe marks.... DE doesn't need white knights, if DE have an issue with my posts they can delete them or better yet, prove them wrong.

And how I love selective quoting 🙄

On 2022-01-24 at 5:54 PM, -AncientWarrior- said:

sooo why are you here in this thread for ? 

Forum troll, they are everywhere. Prefer to play forum over playing the game. Prevalent in TNW sub-forum to keep dissent about locking in TNW quest to a minimum. 

• Like 1

Since we are already a bit off-topic, I'll take the chance to throw my opinion into the ring. Every time I'm unhappy about something DE does or some other general thing, I go check my playtime and compare Warframe to all the other games I played over the years (MMO and others) in my head.

My conclusion is always the same.

Warframe might have it's hiccups, and I dislike certain things and decisions, but overall it aged very well. It's a good game and we get a steady stream of content and usually bugs get fixed in a reasonable amount of time. While sometimes I also have the urge to rant and curse about stuff, I usually take a breather and wait it out, a solution or change comes sooner or later.

On 2022-01-25 at 5:29 PM, LSG501 said:

My view isn't going to change and considering DE is more than willing to release the open worlds with plenty of bugs (along with previous Christmas releases I might add) I'm just far more sceptical than you of 'testing' being the reason.

You're more than welcome to have your own viewpoint but you trying to 'white knight' on DE's behalf isn't going to change mine.

While I agree with you on some level that being sceptical is a good thing, I also agree with kite9000. One should always consider the bigger picture, and in general, everything is working out fine (besides the mastery rank up, I'd like to add, again... :D)

Theres a proverb I know of that looses some of its meaning when translated to english, but still I think is applicable here: "He who wants a donkey without fault, has to walk"

• Like 3

it is quite frustrating at times in the forum area. I clicked the thread as I thought it interesting. I am nowhere near ready for such a test but finding out about it tweaked my curiosity. I was happy to read a couple of replies that gave me insight as to possibly when  and also as to why it had not yet been made. So my thanks to the posters of that info. but the rest of the thread is kinda typical of what so often happens.

Free players currently are at 8998 MR points left. (All primes, all equipments including from dailies)

Ergo, DE might bring MR L2 Test when releasing equipments that exceed those total points.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2022-01-24 at 1:54 PM, (PSN)Richtel79 said:

Redacted question... because I'm an idiot. 

Edited by Zorp_the_Surveyor
I'm an idiot.

Just to throw it in, i DID saw a legendary 2 player already. He strangely didnt answered me on questions regarding this...

He was a founder thats why he got the needed affinity to level there. Still wondering how without a test that was possible?