Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Primaries & Secondaries: Exilus and Arcane slots?

Venefik

I've recently adjusted some things on my Titania's main build and when I checked the build I was using on the Dex Pixia, I realized that ranged exalteds don't have an utility mod slot (exilus) and can't equip arcanes due to the lack of an appropriate slot.

Can we have those? I confess I am mostly interested in the utilities, even with the arcanes (recoil reduction recoil reduction recoil reduction @-@ if I can pew pew better, I can happy better) but the extra damage these arcanes offer would help push the builds further, similar to regular weapons. Or even allow for strength mods or base damage mods to be replaced, allowing for some build diversity.

As for Exilus slots, they are limited to utilities, so IMO this should have been available on release.

Thoughts?

58 minutes ago, Venefik said:

Can we have those?

Most Primary/Secondary Exilus mods dont have any actual use on Exalted weapons, with the only Exception being Lethal Momentum on Balefire as it has projectile travel time.

As for Arcanes its a big no, it would make Exalted weapons like Titania's Dex Pixia and Mesa's Regulators even more broken.

1 hour ago, Venefik said:

Thoughts?

Both would be great, but DE is allergic to consistency. Causing stuff like Balefire Charger to be powercrept by normal weapons, just like what happened in the Old Blood update with melee.

Power strength scaling isn't enough keep these weapons (the normal ones) truly afloat when they're barred from stuff like acolyte mods and +360% damage. And truly these weapons should be the best in their class, not just barely managing with power strength. They cost energy, take an ability slot, are "exalted", etc...

And for exlius, some would be quite nice from a min/max perspective. Reflex Draw on Mesa, or Spry Sights with her augment. Targeting Subsystem to potentially help Titania's horrendous spread. Etc...

@BiancaRoughfin To be fair, if a weapon or ability is overperforming, it should be addressed individually imo instead of preventing consistency in a greater system/group for the sake of leashing the out of the curve (or sometimes, out of control xd) frames/weps with pretty weird limitations. But yeah, power creep and imbalance should concern all of us, and I do care no less than you seem to. Nothing for me to disagree with there, in terms of arcanes.

As for the exilus, there are several which could help some of these exalted weapons. Not necessarily in the most game changing way, but making them a little more comfy to use and would slightly expand the customization of these weapons, which I guess is always cool. Flight speed could really help Ivara with a concentrated arrow build. While increased accuracy or reduced recoil would make high rof more manageable on the Dex Pixia. And even the more questionable mods, like zoom. If they appease to someone, so be it. For the people who are a fan of Ironclad Flight, Energizing shot would be a good addition to min-max that energy economy. And so on and so forth.
If I'm not mistaken, skill weapons can't contribute (and benefit? not sure) to set effects anyways. So we would at least see something other than vigilante supplies in Artemis' exilus slot, if it had one.

What type of future do you guys expect for this 'system'? Do you think that at some point, these limitations can add up and make exalteds inferior to regulars? Or am I overthinking?

Anyways, thanks for participating in this topic. Seems a little more dead than I was initially expecting, but still a nice discussion. 😃👍

6 hours ago, Venefik said:

Do you think that at some point, these limitations can add up and make exalteds inferior to regulars? Or am I overthinking?

It has already come. Despite what most think, Balefire was actually quite strong and more than competitve. But the introduction of weapon arcanes has made Hildryn lose that niche. As from just a weapon standpoint, you're largely better off with an Orgis, Zarr, Bramma, etc... unlike before.

Same thing has happened to melee weapons thanks to the lack of acolyte mods (and more). Who'd use Iron staff over Orthos Prime? How about Valkyr's Claws over Venka Prime? Etc... I remember a time when exalted weapons used to be amazing, but now, outside ones that preform uniquely like Peacemakers, Desert Storm, etc... they all feel like mediocre plain white bread. Even Desert Wind, if you aren't using a min/maxed endurance build, I often find myself wishing I was just using a Tenet Plasmor.

Archived