Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea Dump for the Infested Nemesis

Twilitbeing

...Assuming that these do eventually become a thing

* Call them Lymphocytes, after the family of cells that form a big part of the adaptive immune system.  Arlo and his zealots have already shown that the Infestation performs evolutionary experiments to find new, smarter ways of combatting threats - it makes sense to treat dangerous Tenno the way a body treats new strains of a virus.  Their weapons could have the prefix "Antibody".

* Requiem Murmurs come from killing their "Spawn", which might be a specific infested enemy type and could have varying spawn rates and murmur values.

* Putting one down for good could grant players, in addition to its weapon, a reusable blueprint for Specters based on its Spawn.

* Given the nature of Warframes, a Lymphocyte could resemble a near-exact copy of its progenitor, though some alterations would likely help prevent confusion on the battlefield.  Their appearance could become more and more alien as they level up, changing color and growing new attachments and syandana (which might then be attainable by players, similar to a Lich or Sister's ephemera) until they're barely recognizable. 

* Upon leveling up, they could gain new abilities based on what Warframe failed to kill them - possibly even by "stealing" Helminth abilities.  We know the Infested can do this based on the Sanctuary Imprint for Corrupted Ancients.

Throw in more ideas!

40 minutes ago, (NSW)Twilitbeing said:

Call them Lymphocytes, after the family of cells that form a big part of the adaptive immune system. 

Very logical.

Putting one down for good could grant players, in addition to its weapon, a reusable blueprint for Specters based on its Spawn.

I like it!

Their appearance could become more and more alien as they level up, changing color and growing new attachments

This sounds awesome! I would totally dig this.

42 minutes ago, (NSW)Twilitbeing said:

Throw in more ideas!

When I originally thought of Infested Liches, I was thinking of them looking more monstery. But your idea is good too.

Spoiler

p7W7iwj.jpg

Art by @N4n0-1805

One player in a different thread had the idea of Infested Liches having a spare body part to attach to the warframe. Kind of like an extra mod slot/arcane (attaches to your leg for speed buff, attaches to your arm for melee buff, attaches to your butt back for jump buff).

I don't really have my own ideas about Infested Liches right now. Just that I'd like more powerful version of Hema.

In this thread, a player suggested an attachment/buff system for weapons. A number of the topics that were raised by the comments lends itself to infested liches.

_________

Good work with your lich idea! 😻

4 hours ago, (NSW)Twilitbeing said:

* Given the nature of Warframes, a Lymphocyte could resemble a near-exact copy of its progenitor, though some alterations would likely help prevent confusion on the battlefield.  Their appearance could become more and more alien as they level up, changing color and growing new attachments and syandana (which might then be attainable by players, similar to a Lich or Sister's ephemera) until they're barely recognizable. 

What if it's opposite? What if confusion is their main weapon?

I.Lich can get more information about our world. At level one Lich could resemble any unit (allies included that maybe later) but have some attachment or change. For example it could have like Glassed enemies from the last Nighwave OR move differently. It could "say something in Infested language" form time to time. At each level it's skill in "copying" would be increased.

You couldn't just nuke room to get rid of it. You need to do "operator dash" on them like with Kuva guardian to reveal them. Potentially twice so people wouldn't just spam dash mindlessly.

Fights will be easier (damage wise). I.Liches depends more on evasion/confusion than damage taken like Kuva/Sister. They can, for example, be faster. After revealing Lich it could change form to be more visible.

Trails (or whatever those things that Kuva.Lich or Sister spawn) should be more visible and at least 1 Trail should be active at time so you know there is Lich near. Their copy mechanism might be "slightly" lower than Lich's because you need to know that Lich is there. It would be still game of spotting abnormalities.

25 minutes ago, QuestWasTaken said:

Could we possibly be seeing some Infested Railjack in the future??

Probably either Grineer Galleon or Corpus Pillar covered with Infestation.
Or if we get some new infestation ships that would be cool but break lore I guess since infestation is kept contained because it cannot space travel if they could they would have probably shallowed whole solar system by now.

3 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Or if we get some new infestation ships that would be cool but break lore I guess since infestation is kept contained because it cannot space travel if they could they would have probably shallowed whole solar system by now.

That also brings up the question of how they would take over planets in the first place... unless the Infestation as a whole has some kind of long-range communication with itself.  Practically every planet has Dark Sectors, so all the Nemesis would need to do is "upload" itself and spread out from there.

I've always assumed the Infested were more like The Thing than typical zombies, able to form copies of absorbed prey from its own biomass.  Would explain how we keep seeing Corpus ships full of Grineer-like Chargers, for instance.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Twilitbeing said:

That also brings up the question of how they would take over planets in the first place... unless the Infestation as a whole has some kind of long-range communication with itself.  Practically every planet has Dark Sectors, so all the Nemesis would need to do is "upload" itself and spread out from there.

I've always assumed the Infested were more like The Thing than typical zombies, able to form copies of absorbed prey from its own biomass.  Would explain how we keep seeing Corpus ships full of Grineer-like Chargers, for instance.

At this point I don't think it's a spoiler but from Atlas quest:

Spoiler

The Infested can merge with machines with small scale (e.g. moas afair) and something bigger or complex like the Gollem - cephalon/ship.

And Liches having last fight in the RJ would make sense. It wouldn't be just "we need RJ fight".

another spoiler because it touches Atlas quest:

We can hack some stuffs or just do some stuffs while Infested Lich may want to protect a ship.

Archived