Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future of Community Streams!

[DE]SpaceySarah

Previously was 4 days an hour each with 30mins for each drop, so viewers can get all the 5 drops. Now there is only 2 hours with 1 hour for each drop meaning only 2 drops viewers can get. So if there are 5 items in the week's drop then viewers confirm no chance to get all the 5 items. Something like that I guess...

EDIT: I remember previously there was different drops for each day (not grab bags).. ah so long ago... fuzzy memory...

Edited by kyori
  • Like 12

32 minutes ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

“What about Drops?” you may ask. Twitch Drops will still occur every week during Prime Time. With the extended time, viewers will be able to receive one Twitch Drop per hour. There will also be a greater focus on certainty around Drops as a whole - fewer grab bags, more favored single items. 

Hopefully the wording of "more favored single items" Means that the rewards will actually be good and worth it. Like how we got the braton vandal weapon parts as a drop a while back instead of the resources we have been getting a lot of in the grab bags as of lately. If this works out I am okay with only getting one (or a couple more if devstream) drop per week. 

Edited by XHADgaming
  • Like 15

Love the idea of unifying all the different platforms to one community stream, but the times chosen for this? Basically ensures not many in EU with a day job will be able to watch these steams. 

While it was fine every once in a while before, I just can't see myself staying up until 03:00 on a Thursday for a stream every week. Pretty bummed that this is the case to be honest.

An idea could be to rotate the time slot every other week or so, let international Tenno have some of their Prime Time too? 

• Like 43

11 minutes ago, kyori said:

Previously was 4 days an hour each with 30mins for each drop, so viewers can get all the 5 drops. Now there is only 2 hours with 1 hour for each drop meaning only 2 drops viewers can get. So if there are 5 items in the week's drop then viewers confirm no chance to get all the 5 items. Something like that I guess...

They're not doing grabbags, from what i read. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

Warframe Creators will be hosted during the previous Community Stream time slots (without Drops).

Why not have drops during the hosted streams? I think it would be a low cost way to increase engagement with no downsides. It doesn't even have to be valuable drops, it could just be decoration or floof grab bags.

• Like 24

This is awful.

The Thursday slot is in the middle of the night. With it going longer, that just means that just more of my night. So I can't participate at all unless I want to skip work the next day.

The previous system was so good for people all over the world as people could pick different times according to their schedules. Now it's specically catered to Americans while international players get left out of drops and communty streams.

• Like 59

Will there be a non-Twitch way of earning these drops for people in different timezones? Otherwise, this sends a signal that international players are not considered relevant by DE. I'm fairly certain that's not what you want to say but it is what you're saying.

• Like 58

After nearly two years of working-from-home streams and with new developments coming this year (cross-play/cross-save!),

Here's my question on this crossplay, i have a moon clan on xbox and a ghost clan on playstation w/ alliances and the same clan names and alliance names.
Will they be able to stay the same or will i need to change one?
Can members from pc join clans on xbox and psn and vice versa?
Are we gonna see a set market price? If all platforms can trade from each other.
never played a game before with cross save/cross play so not sure how it really works.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mavoron said:

way to f over basically everyone outside the americas

Even for the Americas it is still a very weird timing with how the timezones span the US. For west coast (PST) folks it is from 3-5 PM so it isn't even prime time and actually the in the 9-5 work week. It is weird to have an event called "prime time" but only be prime time in a handful of timezones.

• Like 22