Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future of Community Streams!

[DE]SpaceySarah

Why an hour,  this should be 45 or 50 minutes max per drop.  Lots of times a small disconnect made it so I was at 90-95% of a drop when a stream ended.  That was fine when you had tons of buffer with extra streams to get to 5 drops, but with exactly 2 hours you will get people begging the streamers to stay on a few extra minutes so we get the only 2 possible drops.

• Like 26

So we get 1 stream & 2 drops now (3 if WFInternation exists), if we join the millisecond it goes live even though it takes a few minutes to get stream notifications. Before we had 4-5 streams 1 hour each so we had the chance to get all 5 drops we could in a week (and a buffer with other atreams) and didn't have duplicate protection.

Now we can watch community streamers without drops to fill the gap.

• Like 13

Thank you for the update, Sarah! While I'm kinda bummed that the schedule and the way drops work changed because change is scary, I think it's all for the better. Especially for closing out year 2 of lockdown and heading into year 3, this seems like a good path forward with the community.

I'm genuinely excited to finally get to play with one of my longtime friends who initially got me into Warframe, since I play on PC and he plays on PSN! :clem:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

More constructive Twitch drops is good.

Cross-play is still a terrible mistake though.
X-Save yes, X-Play no. Console gets bugs, PC gets throttled releases, you can't update anyone until everything is certified to go or there's behavioural mismatch.

I'm perfectly willing to wait longer for updates if it means that I can play with my friends that don't have PC's.

• Like 12

Reading the concerns about drops in replies above, I also echo that sentiment. Because of how finicky connections can be with Twitch, I also recommend cutting the time required for a drop from 60 minutes down to 45-50. This will give enough time for people who forget about Prime Time to tap on the push notifications and still get both drops.

Push notifications from the Twitch app usually take up to 15 minutes to receive, although I personally have had some arrive over an hour after the stream went live. This will help tame the blizzard of messages saying, "5 more minutes!" or, "97% BibleThump" at the end of a stream. :thumbup:

• Like 18

This is a seriously disappointing change; I enjoyed watching the streams when I could, but this timeslot is not one I'd ever be able to make. So to all intents and purposes I'm barred from attending indefinitely. And it looks like I'm far from the only one. At least the devstreams keep their usual time I guess.

• Like 26

Sadly your proposed stream time does not work for me and I actually LIVE in america and the timezone is not horrible (i.e. 1 or 2 AM). I just can't do it. Getting rid of grabbags is great (if it actually happens) but less streams and having them all at the same time means if you can't drop EVERYTHING to watch the stream no drops for you. So yet again, less streams, less devstreams, less community interaction. But maybe better drops? I wish you the best regardless DE, and I hope you think this through a little more. Try to stay happy and healthy.

And Good luck to all you lucky tenno out there, where this stream schedule actually works for you. May the drops be sweet and the streams fun🙏

• Like 14

Wouldn't it be a better idea to have drops on the Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday streams that will be hosted by creators as well?

Keep the drops to 2 a week like you mentioned but have them be available throughout the week instead of a single 2 hour slot that screws over Europe and a majority of Asia.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

Warframe Creators will be hosted during the previous Community Stream time slots (without Drops).

People who were already watching these streamers will continue to watch them and people who were not are not incentivized to check them out so why are they even being featured? Are these streamers being paid to stream as part of a promotion?

• Like 17

Excellent change, half the time I ended up on a stream for a different platform and no chance for drops. I am also glad to hear that the drops will be more specific and less junk grab bags. I do hope that some of the streams can be tailored for our wonderful Tenno who live on the opposite of the world at some point! Something tells me that is planned but a small detail that was easily forgotten to be mentioned. Looking forward to whats next, keep it rolling!

• Like 1

The change is fine, however

Europeans are basically getting 0 streams because most of us are asleep within the timeframe of Prime Time. Which means 0 chance to get drops from the stream.

I can think of 2 possible solutions:
1) Move the Prime Time airing time by 1 or 2 hours back. 
2) Enable drops for the featured warframe creator of the day

Edited by Patash
  • Like 21

Since the drops can be limited per campaign (in this case, 2). what if the drops start at the time of the community stream, and last 7 days, and be setup to allow any player watching an approved streamer playing Warframe in the Twitch directory who has the "drops enabled" tag, so as to continue to be eligible for the drop?

Able viewers will still be encouraged to watch the community stream when they happen, but also allow those who cannot attend at the same time to catch up on drops throughout the week, via your content creating partners.

I think this will be greatly appreciated by many global Warframe players who may be disadvantaged by their location and circumstances.

• Like 8

Too bad. I enjoyed the streams. But I suppose it frees up everyone's time, mine included.

It just sucks for anyone unable to make it to that single chance each week, especially those in different time zones. *shrug*

Not sure I will be able to stay up this late. What I will miss most is being updated on what is going on. So much information was to be had during the streams that I never caught in other places. (The VODs will still be available but the motivation to sit there for two hours is low with those.)

But change is inevitable. Gotta roll with it. <3

• Like 10

The drop times definitely need to be set at around 45 minutes instead of 1 hour, because if not then most people will get screwed out of the second drop if you aren't there at the very beginning of the stream. I don't know about everyone else, but most of the time I get the Twitch notifications late & miss the first 5 to 15 minutes.

• Like 14