Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future of Community Streams!

[DE]SpaceySarah

It would be weird to not have streams anymore, I actually enjoyed Tuesday ones and was starting to miss them this month. Oh well, back to my unfortunate timezone where absolutely everything games-related happens at worst possible times...

• Like 6

Midnight to 2 AM... Goodbye from Europe I guess. Plus 1 hour time to get the drops means basically being unable to get 2 drops if you even get late by 5, 10 minutes. It will be a torture to keep up. If you only want to give 2 drops limit them but keep the 30 minutes, don't extend it to 1 hour.

The old system was perfectly fine (except grab bags, but you noticed already), if you can't keep up with the daily streams just enable drops for every creator on Twitch. Leaving the whole european userbase in the dust is surely not the way to do this.

• Like 27

A welcome change. The daily streams were repetitive anyway; how many times can you tease the same update, the same new cosmetics, the same new warframe in a week.

I do think making the drop watch time requirement 50% of your planned streaming time is still foolish. Leave more room for errors. Make it 15 mins, and cap it at 2 drops or something.

2 hours ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

it’s important to us to create one unified rallying point for our community in 2022.

Am I the only one that finds this line a bit ironic that they want this to be a rallying point but cutting back on streams making it harder for those outside North America to be part of watching the streams live.  Sure the old spots are "filled" but like content creators already span the timezones more.

Note: I'm someone living in the Eastern Time zone so this change doesn't impact me, if anything it makes it easier for me as I recently changed when I work so only having to focus on getting a single stream outside my work hours. 

• Like 16

While I fully understand wanting to change up things, putting Prime Time to a single day saddens me. Because for me it starts at midnight on a weekday. Last year I could do Mo, Tu and Wed - the latter while still working - to watch and even get the drops. Friday, sadly, almost always was out of the question (started at 1 am here and it was a weekday after all). Now everybody in a non-fitting time zone is out of luck, am I getting that right? And no offense to any content creators, but if I want to watch them, I watch them. I was here for Danielle, Helen, Marcus, Megan and Rebecca (alphabetically). I'll miss you all.

Edit: And I want to stress, that it is more about mising the community team than about the drops. If it were just about the drops in the past, there also was the European stream (?) that was in Spanish. But that I'd have to watch just for the drop because I don't understand a bit of Spanish.

Edited by Floutsch
  • Like 10

52 minutes ago, (PSN)RJBrian said:

The drop times definitely need to be set at around 45 minutes instead of 1 hour, because if not then most people will get screwed out of the second drop if you aren't there at the very beginning of the stream. I don't know about everyone else, but most of the time I get the Twitch notifications late & miss the first 5 to 15 minutes.

It seems like everyone is assuming there will be more than one drop.  That may not be the case, like what happens with the Dev Streams.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)EpeeRat said:

It seems like everyone is assuming there will be more than one drop.  That may not be the case, like what happens with the Dev Streams.

Their post said it would be one drop per hour, which implies more than one if the viewer catches every second of a 2 hour stream.

Speaking of which.. a 2 hour stream is a big chunk of time to sit through for news and updates, and a VOD is worse if one can't catch the stream on time because it's not live, therefore less fun. 

Some other random thoughts:

• The 1 hour requirement per drop will stress out the viewers hunting them, I think, because it *would* require catching every second*. And woe betide the streamer who ends 1 minute early 😄
    • If the requirement stays at a half hour but is capped at a maximum of x for the week, that would lessen their stress by a mile and still limit the new & better drops where you want them to be.
  • If it's possible, perhaps you could at least keep the international stream that happened earlier in the day for those not in the US and Canada Eastern time zone.  
  • Or.. the time for the stream could change each week so different players would have a better chance of catching one (although that could become confusing if it's not a set time, and could also impact your work schedules).
  • While not as fun as seeing DE peeps, allowing community streams to have the drops would allow those looking for them to have other opportunities. 
    • If you also asked them to echo the news from your previous Friday stream, that would also help a lot. You could even have them tease some big news coming up in the next Prime Time, if you have something big on the way.

I do understand needing to change things up, but this one seems to shortchange / alienate those in other time zones who will be basically locked out of seeing your stream each week, with no other alternative.

*to get that 2nd drop, if indeed there is more than 1

Edited by xyshift
  • Like 6

That's the middle of the night. No more drops for me, I guess. That's great. That's just great. I get it, you don't want to keep streaming yourselves. That's fine, you don't have to. Why not just enable drops for all WF streams on Twitch? That's the easiest, most obvious solution that would make literally everybody happy.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Aeoni said:

But change is inevitable. Gotta roll with it.

You also can and should demand respect when changes happen though, especially when they happen to harm a great chunk of the playerbase who live in other time zones. You gain nothing by blindly accepting changes.

• Like 7

Makes us from Europe and any other time zone but US (although I’m sure it isn’t prime time for some us time zones!) feel a bit redundant. It’s a bit of an odd message, one breath advocating inclusion of all Tenno from all consoles, and in another exclude everyone from other time zones, which is exacerbated by only 1 stream…. As a new player to WF since December this feels pretty disappointing there won’t be any opportunity to engage in community streams or benefit from rewards.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That's the middle of the night. No more drops for me, I guess. That's great. That's just great. I get it, you don't want to keep streaming yourselves. That's fine, you don't have to. Why not just enable drops for all WF streams on Twitch? That's the easiest, most obvious solution that would make literally everybody happy.

Other games do this with content creators I don’t get why DE won’t do it

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)CoMMaNDrCARL said:

Other games do this with content creators I don’t get why DE won’t do it

I do, but my comment got deleted and I got a warning point for it, so I'm not going to repeat it. Suffice to say it's a more general problem within the company that is impacting the game in a variety of ways, this particular issue being only one of many.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 5

If the stream is 2 hours and the drops require one hour, there's going to be a lot of cases where there are stream issues or you don't claim your first drop instantly so you can't claim both even if you watch the entire stream. Could ya maybe reduce the time down to like 50 minutes per drop to give a little leeway?

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 6

I stopped caring about non-devstream related twitch drops a long time ago (beginning of the "grab bag" era), and with this new time frame (00:00 to 02:00 for me) being the only possible time now, I most definitely won't be coming back to them either, Regardless Of How Potentially Great The Drops Are. 

🙂

Edited by Alexis00712
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Cross-play is still a terrible mistake though.
X-Save yes, X-Play no. Console gets bugs, PC gets throttled releases, you can't update anyone until everything is certified to go or there's behavioural mismatch.

Consoles get bugs anyways and the increased populations will make matchmaking easier for their communities and they will likely see faster updates due to DE wanting to keep parody. It is all upside for them. PC does loose a bit on the hotfix front though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kyori said:

Previously was 4 days an hour each with 30mins for each drop, so viewers can get all the 5 drops. Now there is only 2 hours with 1 hour for each drop meaning only 2 drops viewers can get. So if there are 5 items in the week's drop then viewers confirm no chance to get all the 5 items. Something like that I guess...

EDIT: I remember previously there was different drops for each day (not grab bags).. ah so long ago... fuzzy memory...

Pretty sure that the drops are to give something to those that watch the stream voluntary. 

For some reason a lot of people think that the boxes are a reason to watch the stream...

You watch the stream because you like watching the stream, not because there's a reward.  

Thanku for reading my rant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RashFever26 said:

You also can and should demand respect when changes happen though, especially when they happen to harm a great chunk of the playerbase who live in other time zones. You gain nothing by blindly accepting changes.

Well, in when it comes to human rights issues and important things, I agree with you.

But this is a game and they are perfectly within their rights to run it as they like. In fact, no one suffers actual harm here, monetary or otherwise. Losing out on freebies or even information about a game is not going to cause anyone any damage. So yeah. In this case? Definitely going to shrug my shoulders and move on.

Also, I do not see this as a matter of respect/disrespect. Apparently wasting several hours of paid time each week on entertaining the community is not providing enough worth in exchange.

But hey! Maybe at some point there will be special community streams only accessible via real-money subscriptions. :P Not that I would care anymore at that point, but upset over that sort of thing would make a lot more sense to me.