Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future of Community Streams!

[DE]SpaceySarah

7 minutes ago, Not_Ambrose said:

Pretty sure that the drops are to give something to those that watch the stream voluntary. 

For some reason a lot of people think that the boxes are a reason to watch the stream...

You watch the stream because you like watching the stream, not because there's a reward.  

Thanku for reading my rant

I completely agree with you and I liked the streams and will miss them.

On the other hand, drops always provided that tiny bit of motivation needed to make me interrupt what else I was doing at the time and tune in.

That's what such drops really are, realistically: Just some incentive to check things out and see if you want to stay for the actual stream. Which I almost always did. <3

2 hours ago, xyshift said:
  • The 1 hour requirement per drop will stress out the viewers hunting them, I think, because it *would* require catching every second*. And woe betide the streamer who ends 1 minute early 😄
    • If the requirement stays at a half hour but is capped at a maximum of x for the week, that would lessen their stress by a mile and still limit the new & better drops where you want them to be.

Sometimes twitch just doesn't count it properly too.  My teen and I have been actively watching from the "stand by" screen, claimed as soon as it said to, stayed right until it ended and switched to another streamer - So watching the entire time, claimed immediately and still missing a few mins in the countdown.  Which was easy to top up when there were multiple streams you could watch through the week.

So if it's 1 drop in total for watching at least 1 hour over the 2 hour stream, then that's fine.  If it is 2 drops in those 2 hours, I really hope it's set to a 30/45 min timer, so you can definitely get both.

Unfortunately there will never be one single time that works for everyone, that's why having multiple streams to watch was good because it gave more options for those of us not living in the US. It also gave more options for those who actually enjoyed watching the streams (drops aside). 

At least the chosen time does actually work for me, so that's good :) (but only because I work from home)

Edited by 0bsi
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

It’s a new year and Warframe Community Streams are changing! In 2013, we began our streams with a once-a-week Prime Time slot and, over time, added three console streams to the mix. While there have been advantages to these separate streams, it’s important to us to create one unified rallying point for our community in 2022.

Introducing: The 2-Hour Warframe Prime Time every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. ET. 

This 2-Hour Prime Time will include an expanded schedule with longer gameplay, highlights of the week, more community involvement, and interchanging stream hosts. This new schedule of one stream per week will include content for all Tenno, no matter the platform. 

“What about Drops?” you may ask. Twitch Drops will still occur every week during Prime Time. With the extended time, viewers will be able to receive one Twitch Drop per hour. There will also be a greater focus on certainty around Drops as a whole - fewer grab bags, more favored single items. 

Warframe Creators will be hosted during the previous Community Stream time slots (without Drops). Keep an eye out for these hosts at the following times:

• Mondays 1 p.m. ET - 3 p.m. ET
  • Tuesdays 4 p.m. ET - 6 p.m. ET
  • Wednesdays 10 a.m. ET - 12 p.m. ET

Devstreams will continue to occur in typical fashion - monthly Warframe updates right from the devs!

After nearly two years of working-from-home streams and with new developments coming this year (cross-play/cross-save!), it’s time for something new! While we understand this is a change, we are excited about creating one place where all viewers can gather together. Thank you for being a part of our streaming journey. We hope to see you at our first 2-Hour Prime Time on Thursday, February 3rd from 6-8 PM ET!

So, now half the world has to miss out on free drops to help them out? There's no way I can stay up 11pm to 1am GMT, at least the old system gave everyone a chance at something to help them

• Like 5

14 hours ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

It’s a new year and Warframe Community Streams are changing! In 2013, we began our streams with a once-a-week Prime Time slot and, over time, added three console streams to the mix. While there have been advantages to these separate streams, it’s important to us to create one unified rallying point for our community in 2022.

Introducing: The 2-Hour Warframe Prime Time every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. ET. 

This 2-Hour Prime Time will include an expanded schedule with longer gameplay, highlights of the week, more community involvement, and interchanging stream hosts. This new schedule of one stream per week will include content for all Tenno, no matter the platform. 

“What about Drops?” you may ask. Twitch Drops will still occur every week during Prime Time. With the extended time, viewers will be able to receive one Twitch Drop per hour. There will also be a greater focus on certainty around Drops as a whole - fewer grab bags, more favored single items. 

Warframe Creators will be hosted during the previous Community Stream time slots (without Drops). Keep an eye out for these hosts at the following times:

• Mondays 1 p.m. ET - 3 p.m. ET
  • Tuesdays 4 p.m. ET - 6 p.m. ET
  • Wednesdays 10 a.m. ET - 12 p.m. ET

Devstreams will continue to occur in typical fashion - monthly Warframe updates right from the devs!

After nearly two years of working-from-home streams and with new developments coming this year (cross-play/cross-save!), it’s time for something new! While we understand this is a change, we are excited about creating one place where all viewers can gather together. Thank you for being a part of our streaming journey. We hope to see you at our first 2-Hour Prime Time on Thursday, February 3rd from 6-8 PM ET!

For me this is 0:00am so this streams will be when I will sleep. So I don't like this change.

• Like 10

4 минуты назад, (PSN)SABRETOOTH1971 сказал:

Oh well I suppose this stance of keeping it good for America/Canada is the same reason we get fissures on Orb Valus at an awkward time. By the time the chance the small window to get 2x credits AND resources comes up, most of Europe is in dreamland.

Wait, what? Thermia Fractures on Orb Vallis can reach that state? I've seen it only once happening - when I started playing 3 years ago (it was shortly after the Fortuna update, when the second Orb boss was added). Since then I've never seen Thermia Fractures reaching that level of control.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zykk said:

Nice to see so much constructive criticism from the Europeans and others who are not fans of the stream/drops time.

Us europeans will be missing out on dev streams, streams and drops (in order of importance), there's nothing to be constructive about

• Like 11

2 hours ago, (PSN)SABRETOOTH1971 said:

Oh well I suppose this stance of keeping it good for America/Canada is the same reason we get fissures on Orb Valus at an awkward time. By the time the chance the small window to get 2x credits AND resources comes up, most of Europe is in dreamland.

There are fissures in the Vallis‽ Void fissures‽‽ oO Or are you talking about Thermia fractures?

So only two drops per week going forward, instead of five? That's a shame.

The move away from grab bags will be nice, but we already had that before with five drops per week until you suddenly got hooked on the grab bags.

Edit: The time slot is really not ideal either. Very late in the UK.

Edited by SteveCutler
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Dartheric1 said:

Not actually a fan of this change. It's the only timeslot that I can't actually watch, so I guess I'm not getting any more drops...

If your concern is the drops you can just set up an autorefreesher on their Twitch page and leave it open.

4 hours ago, Zykk said:

Nice to see so much constructive criticism from the Europeans and others who are not fans of the stream/drops time.

As others have said... we're getting pretty much cut off in Europe by this. But you have a point. My take on a solution for more than just Europe, that gives off a "live-ish" vibe and gets people the drops (not sure if possible with Twitch, though):

Do the stream as described, don't let Twitch publish it afterwards (reason: don't confuse people; will be clear in the next sentences). Instead, record it locally. Stream that recording again after 8 hours and after 16 hours. Three times a day. In the original stream do everything as normal. In the subsequent streams have it display "RECORDED" prominently somewhere. Not sure if chat would be better disabled, but enabled would allow interaction between those attending. For all three streams activate drops. If it's supposed to be one drop, make the requirement 1h watch time. If it's two, make it 45 to 50 minutes. Whatever the amount, set max drops per week to that same number so that you can't exceed what's intended. Finally, let the third stream be published after it finishes.

How does that sound?

Edited by Floutsch
  • Like 9

I think it's a good change but you might want to break it up into 2 segments with the other earlier in the day to accommodate people on the other side of the globe. I get that it would be an imposition on staff, but you're cutting off half the user base with this change. If you're ok with that, leave it as is. I'm just down the highway from you so I don't have the issue but it would be fair to them to try to give them the same opportunities to watch. Just saying.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Wait, what? Thermia Fractures on Orb Vallis can reach that state? I've seen it only once happening - when I started playing 3 years ago (it was shortly after the Fortuna update, when the second Orb boss was added). Since then I've never seen Thermia Fractures reaching that level of control.

I've had it a few times, but it's close to midnight or beyond when it happens for me in the uk. I don't bother now as I'm not knackering myself for the next morning for it.

4 hours ago, Floutsch said:

There are fissures in the Vallis‽ Void fissures‽‽ oO Or are you talking about Thermia fractures?

Yes thermia, my mistake.