Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future of Community Streams!

[DE]SpaceySarah

15 hours ago, (XBOX)MARTINPANDORICA said:

don't understand why people are upset the times are all the same just with and extra 1hr looks good to me.

Probably because the people in the middle of the world map could still catch the other streams, yeah prime time might've never been in a good time for them but the other ones were but now they won't have any stream to catch.

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
Grammar
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, (XBOX)MARTINPANDORICA said:

don't understand why people are upset the times are all the same just with and extra 1hr looks good to me.

The streams that will be featured during the time slots previously occupied by community streams will not have drops, will not provide any official information from DE and will not feature members of the community team. There is now only one DE official stream a week, if you take a look at the time table Digressive posted you’ll see that 6-8pm EST (-5 gmt) time slot isn’t  ideal for a good portion of the globe. 

• Like 7

On 2022-01-25 at 2:10 PM, kyori said:

Previously was 4 days an hour each with 30mins for each drop, so viewers can get all the 5 drops. Now there is only 2 hours with 1 hour for each drop meaning only 2 drops viewers can get. So if there are 5 items in the week's drop then viewers confirm no chance to get all the 5 items. Something like that I guess...

EDIT: I remember previously there was different drops for each day (not grab bags).. ah so long ago... fuzzy memory...

Yea.... I don't care for the change... and with the extended drop times and only 2x chances.... they've destroyed viewership... And they even clarify that community streams now offer NO drops... lowering the chance or desire for anyone wanting to watch any other stream, as it serves no benefit to us. RIP twitch interest. Bad move DE

• Like 7

I think you'll lose some of the sense of community on the different platforms by doing this, DE. It was cool to hang out with our respective Community Managers and play with them, whereas with Prime Time only PC players got to join missions. More importantly, though, with the various streams being at different times, there was usually at least one stream we could catch at a reasonable time depending on our timezones.

I suspect that a lot of people won't want to watch the partner streams if there's no info from (or interaction with) DE on those streams. We like hanging out with you. Cutting it down to one 2-hour stream at a time which pretty much excludes anyone outside the Americas seems like a really backwards step. I think you at least need to find a way to rebroadcast the stream, with drops enabled, at other times. Otherwise, as many people have said, it just feels like a big middle finger to anyone who can't stay up to watch the stream at 2am.

Please rethink this. You have Tenno all over the world, and we'd like to join in too.

Edited by (XBOX)DS Monkfish
  • Like 8

It’s also rather weird that the reason given for canceling the other streams was in the name of unifying the communities with crossplay/save approaching when the most recent update given about it was that there was no update. It almost implies that it is closer than we think but in the dev stream the impression I got was that crossplay/save is still a ways away. Will prime time only be PC or will they switch it up and play on PlayStation, Xbox and Switch as well? I have a feeling they will all be PC streams which actually does the opposite of unifying everyone as you’ll be excluding three of the four platforms you run your game on.

• Like 4

For those wanting drops still, warframe international is streaming right now. I can't understand a word but I can get a drop. Really engaging with the community. Gonna leave my phone on the side and go play destiny....

Edit: Hour stream, hour for drop. And I joined a few minutes late so see how that goes....

Edited by (PSN)RWalls91
Stream length
  • Like 3

Sad to see DE disengage with a good part of the community: I get not wanting to stream every day of the week at different timezone slots but this combined with the still only monthly dev streams just paints a bit of a sad picture overall.

Also exactly one hour for a drop is an interesting choice, but free stuff is free stuff. If you manage to catch the weekly stream live once in a while that is :)

• Like 3

On 2022-01-25 at 10:52 AM, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

There will also be a greater focus on certainty around Drops as a whole - fewer grab bags, more favored single items.

I hope that this above change just doesn't get ignored. I'm fine with once in a while, but I do hope this statement is true.

XPCHWc5.png

• Like 1

I mean, this does seem to be an awkward change, but I ended up missing the first 15 minutes of the stream for two big reasons:

1) There was no ping in the discords I follow which follow the news section of the Warframe discord as there had been in the past, so the only way I found out about it was when one of the people in one of the discords I was following mentioned it was on.

and

2) Like most people have been mentioning, the timer for the drops should be set back to about 45 minutes. As soon as I got into stream (and when I accidentally closed it and reopened the tab to get back onto the stream), I was greeted by a minute-long ad. While I still managed to get one of my two drops (I personally liked the 30 minutes per drop better because of this), if I had been a few minutes later towards the end, I would've watched the stream with no drop.

On the flip side, I do like the fact grab bags are being phased out for more productive ones, but I still feel for the half of the player base who isn't in the Americas (like myself) or Canada missing out on the drops. Heck, I live in the Central US, and I forgot it was an hour earlier than what is posted for EST.

• Like 4

Yes as some above comments, feels like there will be less engagement, as even if I didn't watch every stream I'd try to catch some in my time zone e.g. Monday xbox, Tuesday PS4, sometimes prime time. 

I'm not interested in watching other streamers.  

And the prime time stream isn't a great time for Europe (not sure about other zones also). 

• Like 4

On 2022-01-26 at 11:22 AM, xRufus7x said:

If your concern is the drops you can just set up an autorefreesher on their Twitch page and leave it open.

The issue with that is that I have a very unstable connection. An auto refresher won't fix that like I can if I'm there and able to keep an eye on it. If it dies entirely, I can normally switch to my phone until it comes back on. The outage could last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.

On 2022-02-05 at 12:05 PM, Dartheric1 said:

The issue with that is that I have a very unstable connection. An auto refresher won't fix that like I can if I'm there and able to keep an eye on it. If it dies entirely, I can normally switch to my phone until it comes back on. The outage could last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.

There are phone apps that do the same thing.

The idea is great, however the time schedule happens to leave out most of Europe, Africa and Asia, thus only appealing to members of the community that live in Americas and Oceania.

Is there any chance that it can be re-scheduled to start a few hours early (or a least 1h)?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-01-25 at 11:31 AM, (PSN)RuTweN said:

It’s a great change overal but might aswel consider removing the drops to keep it balanced or change the schedule so that everyone can atend.F the players from Europe

I was wondering about this too.  I finally looked up DE Staff posts/replies and found this:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JLD515 said:

Why is it 6:23 eastern time on Thursday and the Twitch stream isn't going? I have been refreshing the screen for the last half an hour. I actually wanted the drops this week. You guys are killing me :P 

We will get the same drops for next week instead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

We will get the same drops for next week instead.

Thanks for letting me know. I wish they would put an announcement of a cancelled stream ON the Twitch channel! I didn't go looking on every forum post to be able to see it was cancelled. Ugg :P 

• Like 2

I wonder if they cancelled it because the drops were broken for XBOX users from yesterdays international stream and did not show up in game. They should have put that cancellation notice next to the notice that next week will have same drops though. Hiding it in another discussion about star chard dojo things is not really very visible for most or place most would look for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Lylmik said:

I wonder if they cancelled it because the drops were broken for XBOX users from yesterdays international stream and did not show up in game. They should have put that cancellation notice next to the notice that next week will have same drops though. Hiding it in another discussion about star chard dojo things is not really very visible for most or place most would look for it.

They said they cancelled it due to current world events (once I was able to actually hunt down their comments :P). It really would have been nice if they had put the notice of cancellation somewhere where it could have been seen better/more quickly. Not everyone will even think to check the forums or Twitter--so I am sure there are a lot of frustrated people left not knowing what happened to the expected stream. And even though they commented here in the forums, they buried it in the opening of an old post, instead of adding a post at the bottom of the thread. I don't generally re-read the entire beginning of a post to see if they changed it to add new information. *shrug*

Is there any plans to unfudge the drops though? First you went from 30 minute view time and unlimited drops to 30 min and 5 drops, and now it's 45 minutes and 3 drop? It's just not even worth it anymore, especially when all of the drops seem to be something I can get much faster by playing the game. Just remove them if they are such an encumberance.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Problem is: there is always some delay.

It always takes a couple of extra minutes before you can claim and go back to the stream.

If it 's a two hour stream, and two drops (one per hour), you will never be able to claim both.

Please make it 45 or 50 minutes and all should be fine.

• Like 1