Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update (Twitter): Warframe Alerts App - By Kingtaro

KingTaro

UPDATE!

The Website app and the mobile apps have been updated!

The alerts will be now automatically retrieved from the Warframe Twitter.

This means:

- More accurate results!

- Much faster

- Not a signle alert will be missed!

- And as usually, only the alerts with a special rewards will be displayed, so no alerts that only give credits.

Here is the app: http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/

The Android and Blackberry App is avaible for download here: http://www.kingtaro....arframe/mobile/
PS: Just let the app run in the background and you'll receive a sound notification when a new Alert gets submitted.

TESTING

The app was tested on several Android simulator and on two Android devices. (Samsung Galaxy S3 and Acer E330)
It is also avaible for the Blackberry devices! It has been tested on several Blackberry simulators. Not sure how it looks like on an actual Blackberry device.

This is what you can expect on your Android device:
29tw5u.jpg

The app should still be working on all the devices listed below. As only the database side has been adjusted.

If not, please let me know!

-Samsung Galaxy S3 (tested by KingTaro) - CONFIRMED
-Acer E330 (tested by KingTaro)                - CONFIRMED
-Motorola Atrix HD (tested by RawGritz)
-Sony Pad (tested by Labcat)
-PoV Protab XXL2 with CM9 (tested by Ero-METAL)
-Google Nexus S (tested by Grimicus)
-HTC Sensation XL (tested by Draakje)
-HP Touchpad running CM9 (tested by Grinn)
-Sony Xperia U (tested by aMannus)
-Acer E350 (tested by KingTaro)
-Samsung Galaxy S2 (tested by Maxunit)
-Intel Xolo X900 (tested by Zyfe3rX)
-Orange Sandiego (tested by Zyfe3rX)
-Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (tested by Zyfe3rX)
-LG P880 Optimus 4X HD (tested by Cineris)
-LG Nexus 4 (tested by Naked)
-Xperia Play (tested by DJ Borsh)
-Droid X (tested by Synikal)
-Droid RAZR (tested by Synikal)
-Droid RAZR MAXX (tested by Synikal)
-Asus Transformer (tested by Synikal)
-Asus Transformer Prime (tested by Synikal)
-HTC EVO 4G (tested by Mrblurr)
-Nexus 7 Tablet (tested by Zackai)
-Galaxy S Blaze (tested by Vasko)
-Samsung Infuse 4G (tested by DaftPansy)
-Nexus S 4G (tested by TheGreyGuardian)
-ONDA MID Android Tablet (tested by Gryphticon)
-Acer Cloudmobile S500 (tested by L3YvaT3N)

-Huawei 8815 (tested by Rafaninja)

Post your results here and I'll add them to the list!

NOTE: The app may only work on Android 3 and higher. If you're using Android 2, please let me know if you were able to install the app.
Thanks in advance!

DESCRIPTION:

The main core of the app:
-Automatically retrieve the latest Alerts with the following information: Location, Reward and time left untill expiration.
-Play a notification sound when a new Alert is avaible by simply running the app in the background.
-Prevent duplications (time-interval check).

However, as I'm not working with the Warframe Team, I can not link the application directly to their servers.
That's why there is a simple interface avaible on the Browser (desktop) version to easily submit a new Alert. You can not submit an Alert on the mobile app. The mobile app is simply to be notified about the Alerts.

I'm well aware that this is possible without my application (eg email notifications). My goal was to make something easy to use for those who check the Alerts and for those who submit them. And who knows, this app might work out beter for you.

As you may have noticed, you'll have to register first, before you can submit an alert.
This is required to prevent people abusing the app. I know it might be funny for some of you to submit a "troll-alert" once in a while, but please know that this could ruin the app.

SECURITY MEASURES

If it wasn't obvious already - don't sign up with the same info you use for your Warframe account! :) Bad practice.

As DE_Steve said, please do not use your actual Warframe login info.

PS: The passwords get encrypted, so even I can't see them. But still, I suggest you to use different login information.

FEEDBACK

Let me know what you think! Worth it or a complete waste of time.
The app is in its early Alpha phase, so please feel free to contact me on warframe@kingtaro.com for suggestions, feedback and/or bugs reports.

Regards,

Taro.

Edited by KingTaro

Will this works with androids that have battery management app ?

I got a problem with app that streams connection between update interval as my battery app disables the data connection and I can't figure it out how to set the update interval in the same time for both app, thus no notification for me so I have to check it manually :(

Hope you can understand what I am trying to ask, I don't know how to say it in English >.>

@Labcat

Nice! The design was made to be able to fit on pretty much any Android screen. It should fit best on a 480x800 (160ppi) screen. But let me know how it works out on your device!

Thanks for trying it.

@Timaleiatra

Really appreciate it, I'm glad you like the app so far!

@Notso

I think I'll go and submit it in the alert section aswell. The app is meant for the Alert-Tenno's after all!

@Adagio

Yes, I understand what you mean very well.

But I'm not quite sure if this app would work for you. This app should be running around 5 times slower in the background, to reduce the battery consumption. So the battery management might leave this app be, if it works with certain limitations per application.

If you decide to run the app anyway, could you let me know whether or not you got notification sounds while it was running in the background?

@Dreamwalk3r

Yes, the API's would be great. Even a simple XML feed would be enough!

Just a small XML log avaible for us to read and we got ourselves a realtime alert notification app.

But I believe they intentionally chose this approach. Because now we have people on the forums helping eachother out, communicating.

That's awesome!

Now if they made an XML/RSS feed for the alerts that happen ( They're posted through flas since that's what the Evolution Engine uses for menus and stuff if I remember * Go reads about the Engine again * ) That would make things a lot easier for your app, I was actually working on developing one myself.

But I lack the phone I once had.. Maybe I'll make a Rainmeter App for this as well.

Thanks for giving back to the community!

It works great, and looks great, on my Sony Pad. Could you add a feature that enables adding on the actual pad, so I do not need to go online on a comp to add an Alert? Didn't hear the pling for alerts, but maybe that was just me. Missed a reactor:(

Edited by Labcat

OP/ why not reach out to DE with this idea ?

because as someone said in the alert subforum thread, this will (imho could) split the community.

the "ideal" way of doing it (with the current system used by DE) would be for the app to parse for forum headlines.

It works great, and looks great, on my Sony Pad. Could you add a feature that enables adding on the actual pad, so I do not need to go online on a comp to add an Alert? Didn't hear the pling for alerts, but maybe that was just me. Missed a reactor:(

if you're not at the computer how would you know what to add though? as you wouldn't be in the game to see all the info it requests.

Seems handy, but already witnessed two false alerts just having it up for 10 minutes. One was possibly accidental, but one definately malicious (said orokin catalyst)... wait, as I am writing this, malicious one is up again. Yeah, the dude is spamming it with false alerts, and another new one for credit rewards.

Also can you edit your submissions? Or will submissions only happen when the rewards are known, which means it will be slower than the forums anyway.

Edit: As for accidental submissions, would help not to have the submit right where the Login button was a moment earlier.

Double Edit: As you're waiting for rewards anyway, why not have the system wait for two submissions on a location before submitting it fully, or/and have a cooldown on submissions. Like you can only submit one every 15 minutes.

Edited by Odjit