Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update (Twitter): Warframe Alerts App - By Kingtaro

KingTaro

For testing Purposes could you list what devices you tested and the Operating System Version?

Asus Transformer - Android 4.0.3

Asus Transformer Prime - Android 4.1.1

Droid X - Android 2.3.4

Droid RAZR - Android 4.1.2

Droid RAZR MAXX - Android 4.1.2

Edited by Synikal

Can I get approved?

I just submitted a request but it got rejected

Pluto - Nix

Pistol Scavenge

29 min left

Instead of throwing out new submissions you should review them yourself to see if they are legit

That way you can accept people without them having to come here and ask for it

Also same forum name as my name on your site

@BlueZu and MaximumSquid

Your accounts have been approved, so you'll be able to submit new alerts from now on!

Thanks for the support guys!

Regards,

Taro.

PS: Also want to let you guys know that just yesterday the app hit a new record of +2000 visits/day!

Usually it's around 1000-1500 every day.

It's probably still just a small portion of the Warframe community, but it made me really happy to see that there are still a lot of people supporting the app!

Thank you guys, really appreciate it!

Edited by KingTaro

@MersennePrime

As soon as an iPhone developer decides to pick up the project, then you will see an iPhone app. Right now there is just KingTaro working on the main system and web app, and I'm working on a full android app. I don't think either of us are set up to do iPhone programing.

Hey guys. I was wondering, since now we have alerts dispatched automatically via twitter/facebook/rss, wouldn't it be easier to use one of these streams to update your apps instead of manual submissions ? This way we would get alerted the second the alert goes up, without any possible errors.

UPDATE:

The Release version of my Android app is complete!!!

Features:

*Scrollable UI that mimics the appearance of KingTaro's web app.

*Native Android notification system

*Background service that can stay in memory to monitor updates.

*Setting controls to change notification properties, ringtone, and update period.

*COMPATABLE WITH OLDER ANDROID DEVICES!!!

DOWNLOAD: http://db.tt/ioEZ2gcS

Image: http://db.tt/PEFl3BnG

Since I consider this an open source project, I am also providing all of the project files used. Just give me credit as the creator of the programming and KingTaro credit for the original concept, design, and web app system.

Source: http://db.tt/lksJoaVF

Edit: I will be taking a break from android programming in order to prep for my new job (which is also programming but in a different language and system). I still plan on making an alternative version of this app that uses the new official RSS feed, however I would not expect it anytime soon as now it will be on my limited spare time.

Edited by DaveClandestine

The new one crashes again. Oh well.

[edit]

I'm an idiot. Forgot to add it to iptables whitelist. Now the background process works. Interface - crashes.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It turned out that I used setBackground (api level 16) instead of setBackgroundDrawable (api level 1). The one thing I dislike about programming for backwards compatibility on android is keeping all the methods straight.

Re-install the app and try agien. Hopefully I fought the last of the incompatibilities.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It turned out that I used setBackground (api level 16) instead of setBackgroundDrawable (api level 1). The one thing I dislike about programming for backwards compatibility on android is keeping all the methods straight.

Re-install the app and try agien. Hopefully I fought the last of the incompatibilities.

Thank you! Now everything aside from 'about' is working!

Apparently I had more time today then I realize.

Here is an alternate version of the android app that uses the official Twitter Alerts.

Features include:

*uses official Twitter alerts. This speeds up response time.

*Includes Credit rewards

*Setting to limit alerts to artifact and blueprint rewards only

*Setting to only show Artifact and Blue print reward alerts.(default on. Turn this off to see credit only alerts as well).

Download: http://db.tt/igGgaMlO

NOTICE: YOU MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL OLD APP BEFORE DOWNLOADING!!!