Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update (Twitter): Warframe Alerts App - By Kingtaro

KingTaro

UPDATE!

The Website app and the mobile apps have been updated!

The alerts will be now automatically retrieved from the Warframe Twitter.

This means:

- More accurate results!

- Much faster

- Not a signle alert will be missed!

- And as usually, only the alerts with a special rewards will be displayed, so no alerts that only give credits.

So there is no need to approve accounts anymore!

I thank you all that submitted alerts and kept this app running!

Especially thanks to Synikal, with such a massive contribution!

And off course the Warframe Alerts Admins: Notso, Puregewalt, Blueears and Dendrobium.

@Dave

I'll be adding your app to the mobile download page on my website, if you don't mind. (http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/mobile/).

Edited by KingTaro

About time you automated it. . .

People were using the that Reddit tutorial to just have it update to their desktop

Despite this I still stuck with your site, but was worried it was going to dry up soon since people that were updating it were slowly vanishing

Apparently I had more time today then I realize.

Here is an alternate version of the android app that uses the official Twitter Alerts.

Features include:

*uses official Twitter alerts. This speeds up response time.

*Includes Credit rewards

*Setting to limit alerts to artifact and blueprint rewards only

*Setting to only show Artifact and Blue print reward alerts.(default on. Turn this off to see credit only alerts as well).

Download: http://db.tt/igGgaMlO

NOTICE: YOU MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL OLD APP BEFORE DOWNLOADING!!!

Service is running, interface crashes, Android 4.0.4.

Still no luck :( Guess I'll just stick with RSSDemon, but anyway, props for your work.

note to self: learn Android programming, it's so much better than my current language

OK, that's odd. I just tested the app on my wife's galaxy S 2 with stock 4.0.4 and tested fine. I have noticed the app still crashes sometimes on a lack of internet connection. Not sure when I will have time to test it.

You could always try KingTaro's Twitter updated app.

OK, that's odd. I just tested the app on my wife's galaxy S 2 with stock 4.0.4 and tested fine. I have noticed the app still crashes sometimes on a lack of internet connection. Not sure when I will have time to test it.

You could always try KingTaro's Twitter updated app.

Could it be Sony custom launcher or russian locale? Doubt it, but stil...

And internet gprs connection was active all the way.

There is a Twitter limit for the webapps, but didn't expect it to hit max in such a short time...

I'm looking into it to see how I can increase that limit.

EDIT:

Ok, the limit has been tripled!

Should be enough as far as I know. Please let me know here if the limit hits again.

Edited by KingTaro

@Synical

Thank you for the feedback!

It has been fixed now and will show the correct name and icon.

You can download the new version at the same place.

Also, both URL's (the one with "www" and without) work for me. Do you get an error when you use the one with "www"?

If you do get an error, I'd appreciate it if you could post it here. Thanks in advance.

@ygalion & BORGdr0ne

Which version did you guys try? DId you try my app or the advanced app by Dave?

both URL's (the one with "www" and without) work for me. Do you get an error when you use the one with "www"?

If you do get an error, I'd appreciate it if you could post it here. Thanks in advance.

When you use the URL with www. it goes to the OLD Warframe Alerts page (The one with player submitted alerts)

I cant use the app from Kingtaro because I have Android version 2.3.5 and I need Adobe Air, wich my mobile phone doesn't support. On the other hand, Dave's app crash when I'm trying to go to the app. My mobile is a ZTE Skate in spanish language, dont know if that's the problem.

EDIT: Looks like the problem is the language, i changed it to English and It work peferctly. I hope you can fix that, is weird to see all in english in my mobile >.< Thanks for your work Dave and Kingtaro, you're great!

Edited by Zilfix