Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingTaro

Update (Twitter): Warframe Alerts App - By Kingtaro

I just want to poke in here and say that for the most part the official app after its last update is working mostly fine... the biggest thing is that for the first few revisions it wasn't running in the background properly so I was still using Dave's app.  I tested both last night and I seemed to be getting the alerts from both, so I think it's pretty safe to move over.  Lots of thanks to Dave and Kingtaro this made my alert finding way easier.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digitalextremes.warframenexus

^ the official app just in case someone needs to know.

i still prefer kingtaros/daves one because the official never really notifies me until i manually check it.

i still prefer kingtaros/daves one because the official never really notifies me until i manually check it.

You should try the current updated version of it, it was working fine for me finally (I had the same exact problem you did)

I know I have been saying that I will not update the app anymore, but there have been parts that have been annoying me.

UPDATE:

-system now automatically updates on settings change. You will no longer need to refresh the app after changing settings.

-stability updates. app will not re-notify you of the same alert twice after the service restarts. Exception: when manually refresh.

-tweaked graphical layout, active alert times are shown in green.

-app will not constantly tell you when the service is restarting.

-cleaned up my code. I mostly did this so I can backup this project with my older work.

I had thought of adding a count down feature to the active alerts, like in the official app, but I decided to leave it for now unless it is requested by those who still use the app.

You should try the current updated version of it, it was working fine for me finally (I had the same exact problem you did)

i did and it always notifies me of either credits or credits + ?

there's no way to disable credit only notifications and just get those ? notifications that i really want

I know I have been saying that I will not update the app anymore, but there have been parts that have been annoying me.

UPDATE:

-system now automatically updates on settings change. You will no longer need to refresh the app after changing settings.

-stability updates. app will not re-notify you of the same alert twice after the service restarts. Exception: when manually refresh.

-tweaked graphical layout, active alert times are shown in green.

-app will not constantly tell you when the service is restarting.

-cleaned up my code. I mostly did this so I can backup this project with my older work.

I had thought of adding a count down feature to the active alerts, like in the official app, but I decided to leave it for now unless it is requested by those who still use the app.

gotta try that out tomorow

you guys are doing great with your app

i did and it always notifies me of either credits or credits + ?

there's no way to disable credit only notifications and just get those ? notifications that i really want

gotta try that out tomorow

you guys are doing great with your app

Just remember, it's only the advanced version That was updated. I have no control over KingTaro's apps.

Just remember, it's only the advanced version That was updated. I have no control over KingTaro's apps.

yeah sure, im using your advanced app

i just got a double alert for the energy siphon. going to observe if this happens again.

i tried it out and i get the alerts but they don't show up as available missions

i tried it out and i get the alerts but they don't show up as available missions

If the location is locked on your map (you have not reached that location, or adjacent location) then the alert will not be available to you. Also, I have seen that there can be a 0-3 minute delay between the Twitter feed entry ( where the app gets information) and the in game alert entry. This is why I have not added a count down view to the app, because of twitter time inconsistency.

I have one more update planed and then I will hopefully leave the app and source code in the hands of the community. I will still leave the app accessible through my drop box account, but after the update, I don't plan on changing anything.

If you have a request for a change in the app, do so NOW. Except I will not add filters for specific items since that list changes, and it would require me to constantly update the app every time a new item comes out.

In the next couple of days, I will be moving the Advanced Android version of KingTaro's Warframe Alert app (created by me) on to the Google Play network.

I am doing this because it will me easier for me to update the app that way as appose to notifying people on the forum that I uploaded a new version to Dropbox. This will also give the community an established alternative to the Warframe Nexus anytime there is a glitch in the system.

If the Staff feel that this move will interfere with their Intellectual property, Please let me know. I will hold off publishing until I know everything will run smoothly

To keep up on news on the Advanced app, I have made a new Topic here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45378-advanced-warframe-alert-app-moving-to-play-store-soon/

im not sure if its just me but im using this on my computer when im off warframe and when an alert mission for credits pops up i get excited but end up being let down when i see its not there why is this please help am i bugd or glitchd?

im not sure if its just me but im using this on my computer when im off warframe and when an alert mission for credits pops up i get excited but end up being let down when i see its not there why is this please help am i bugd or glitchd?

You must have the mission nodes unlocked beforehand, or the alert mission wouldn't show up for you. Though, someone else can invite you to the alert.

@kubbi

The app is ready for iphone, but I can't deploy it for iphone.

The reason I can't is because I need a provision to do so. It's a yearly subscription that I have to pay if I want to deploy apps for IOS platform.