Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingTaro

Update (Twitter): Warframe Alerts App - By Kingtaro

I would recommend requiring validation to prevent abuse. Two-Three people have to report the same event via the app for it to appear for everyone else so some 12 year old who's bored can't just troll everyone.

Unless of course this was allowed to hook directly into the servers for alerts... then we wouldn't have that problem at all.

This is ridiculously cool.

You guys should do something to support it a bit, help refine it and get it out there for more people to use. Maybe expand it, add some other features like clan management and/or chat, or something..

Or not, I still need a phone to support these kinds of apps, so I guess I'm just looking for something to make me more excited to get something new.

Works fine on a HTC Sensation XL.

But maybe can there be a quit app button included, so u dont have to go and force close it.

Put the sound option etc under a menu button that lets you do that stuff.

If it wasn't obvious already - don't sign up with the same info you use for your Warframe account! :) Bad practice.

If it wasn't obvious already - don't sign up with the same info you use for your Warframe account! :) Bad practice.

Yeah altough having a while bunch of passwords can be a bit annoying, if i forget a password for a site/game client i have like 20 different ones to try XD

Hey, Steve.

I input my password and username because I didn't know this was the internet.

pls fix nao or i repot u

Wish I could support the mobile app, but just know if and when you do decide to make a Windows Phone version, you'd have at least this guy using it religiously. Real nice job dude, hope it works out.

hi King, i've tried the app,

i'm using

Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman - WT19i

Android ICS 4.0.4 build 4.1.B.0.587

i got this problem with portrait mode (i haven't test the landscape one, i'll try to wait till there's a new alert sometimes today)

pMn0aei.png

i can't actually check if it rings or not, as the 2 troll alerts was ringging right when i'm using the app (imma standby this phone a whole day later to see if it rings)

Hey, Steve.

I input my password and username because I didn't know this was the internet.

pls fix nao or i repot u

I need to confirm your banking password, pls PM credentials to claim your Nigerian inheritance!

I need to confirm your banking password, pls PM credentials to claim your Nigerian inheritance!

amg best gm eva

check pm

This is a pretty awesome app; great job with what you have so far!

I have a little experience in making things nice and pretty in Flash, so if you need a hand with any visual effects, give me a shout and I may be able to help :D

Btw... has DE thought of giving KingTaro some assistance on this?

What if we simply removed the part where the community has to put in input manually and instead had a piece of code (due to the good will and pure hearts of the DE Staff) that sent alert information from your servers to the app?

Wouldn't that make the whole Warframe experience more immersive?

-Tenno, offtime, recieves a notice from the Lotus that help is needed. "Tenno 007, reporting for duty."

Through this app, can't you also sign up to put in advertisements for added revenue?

Seriously make a Warframe app so we can use another medium to share the Warframe experience!!!!

Btw... has DE thought of giving KingTaro some assistance on this?

What if we simply removed the part where the community has to put in input manually and instead had a piece of code (due to the good will and pure hearts of the DE Staff) that sent alert information from your servers to the app?

Wouldn't that make the whole Warframe experience more immersive?

-Tenno, offtime, recieves a notice from the Lotus that help is needed. "Tenno 007, reporting for duty."

Through this app, can't you also sign up to put in advertisements for added revenue?

Seriously make a Warframe app so we can use another medium to share the Warframe experience!!!!

This. Seriously. DE? Seriously, this right here.

KingTaro's app can open up a TON of possibilities for not only him and us players, but you guys - the devs. Officially support this app and you'll be able to advertise yourselves and this game in far more ways. Not only that, this can be a HUGE talking point for any reviewers/previewers/magazines. No other F2P game (that I know of) has functionality like this.. It'll bring Warframe a step above the rest.

The app is really cool and we've had in the queue an RSS/http request protocol that could feed things like this. Just wanted to give props to KingTaro but otherwise I have to be evasive on this topic. :(

It looks cool, but it does it need your ingame info to use it? Because i dont want to get hacked or anything ;P

The app is really cool and we've had in the queue an RSS/http request protocol that could feed things like this. Just wanted to give props to KingTaro but otherwise I have to be evasive on this topic. :(

Understandable. I know how that goes - you're not at liberty to say what you're not at liberty to discuss. But still, it's awesome to see you devs are really taking a liking to this app. Kudos to both you and KingTaro.

It looks cool, but it does it need your ingame info to use it? Because i dont want to get hacked or anything ;P

Doesn't have to be your account info - infact earlier in the thread a dev suggested NOT to put your account info into this app. Better safe than sorry! Just use any login/password you want. The app isn't actually connected to the game itself.

Awesome bro!

um, bug reporting here?

im getting a package parsing error on my Motorola Milestone/ Android (Android version 2.1)

Awesome!

edit: nevr mind, i figured my poor phone is to olde for this stuff

Alright, this is awesome, now could you make it so that it works with all phones that are a little stupid but in any case definitely not smart?

haha

Jokes apart, this is truly fantastic and I admire your dedication.

Will definitely try the app on my browser.

However it would be perfect if you could develop an actual app for Chrome browser.

It should use same android language, right?

So it should be easy to port :3

It'd be very cool as I wouldn't have to keep a tab always opened <3

P.S. Put up a business. Just a friendly suggestion.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support, I really apreciate it!

I'll try to answer all your questions, hope I won't miss any!

Q&A:

Q: Any possibility an iphone version is in the works as well?

A: It's done already. I currently don't have an Apple provision. So I can't deploy the app for the iOS.

So i might develop a Webapp instead, which is much more crossplatform (For windows, blackberry, iOS,...)

Q: Could you add the "Submit Alert" to the mobile device aswell?

A: This is not in the current plans, as I wanted to keep the app as simple as possible, but I believe it could make it a bit more userfriendly. I'll add it to to-do list. (But can't promise much for now)

Q: Why not contact the DE?

A: More on that later.

Q: Also can you edit your submissions? Or will submissions only happen when the rewards are known, which means it will be slower than the forums anyway.

A: I considered it, but knowing how fast the reward is getting known (usually no more then 2min after it has been posted), I thought it would be better to only inform people about the alerts once the reward is known.Because you'd have to recheck your phone a bit later to see if people editted the reward into the alert. I'd like to prevent that.

Q: I would recommend requiring validation to prevent abuse. Two-Three people have to report the same event via the app for it to appear.

A: I like this idea. Checking whether or not the Last submitted alerts are identical, won't be easy, due to typo's, different ways of typing. One way would be to check if several people submitted an alert within 5min, I guess. But then again, it's hard to tell who's not "trolling". Which of the alerts submitted in the last 5min should be added? It's a bit more complicated then it looks like.

Another possibility is to add the latest submitted Alert under the "Alerts to Aprove" category, which will be visible once you log in. And people using the browser version on their desktop, will be able to see those and approve them.

The downside is that someone who made several accounts will be able to surpass this security.

Q: Add a close button?

A: Thought people didn't use these on mobile devices! Haha! Force close all the way!

On a serious note, I'll try to add it.

Q: Adagio - App test on the Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman - WT19i.

A: I'll look into that, please keep me posted. Thank you!

Q: It looks cool, but does it need your ingame info to use it?

A: Absolutely not.

Q: Will you develop an actuall app for the Chrome Browser?

A: I'll look into that to see if a direct port is possible.

Once again, thank you for your support guys!

Really hope we can get this app running.

Latest Update:

All those registered so far can now submit an Alert as I approved your account. Except for those banned for submitting false alert a bit earlier.

However, from now on, you'll have to post your name that you used for the app here in this thread, so I know who to approve.

Regards,

Taro.