Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update (Twitter): Warframe Alerts App - By Kingtaro

KingTaro

Seems to run fine on my LG P880 Optimus 4X HD (Android).

I just hope, the automatical synchro of the data won't deplete my battery too fast....on the other hand...I only play at home, so I can plug in my phone anyways....

I've activated some more accounts. Remember, if you still can't submit alerts, PM me, and I will get it sorted out for you!

NB: This activation is not the same as the activation you use the code in your email for!

You need to either post in this thread, or PM me, your Warframe Alerts account name if you are not a Founder, do not have 100 or more forum posts, or your Warframe alerts account name is not the same as your forum name.

You need to either post in this thread, or PM me, your Warframe Alerts account name if you are not a Founder, do not have 100 or more forum posts, or your Warframe alerts account name is not the same as your forum name.

In case Notso is unreachable for some reason, you can PM me and I will gladly activate your account.

awesome thanks.

Also I'd just like to say on my LG motion, the alert doesn't fit on the screen. I can't flip the phone to the side and make it fit, and I can't zoom out or anything. The alert still shows at least. Also I'm not sure how to make it play the sound, if the alert app isn't the one currently on the screen, assuming there even is an option to do that.

Otherwise, it does at least install, and functions.

Your account has been approved, Xenapan.

You'll be able to submit new alerts from now on! Thank you for the support.

PS: There isn't much I can do about it, actually. It all depends on the security settings of the mail service you're using. Whether or not the email is recognized by the mail service.

But thanks for the input man!

hi, I signed up for the alert page and I have a verification code which I haven't seen any use for on the page.

My name on the page is nappyhappy.

I have activated your account. You should now be able to submit alerts!

With regards to the code in your email, you should be asked to use it the next time you log in with your account at http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/

They are seperate types of activation. One is so you can log in [on your end], the other [on my end] is so you can submit alerts. However it seems you've already done this. Until you activate your account with the code in your email, you shouldn't show up on my end for activation.

ACE

I have activated your account. You should now be able to submit alerts!

Edited by Notso

Your account has been approved, Xenapan.

You'll be able to submit new alerts from now on! Thank you for the support.

PS: There isn't much I can do about it, actually. It all depends on the security settings of the mail service you're using. Whether or not the email is recognized by the mail service.

But thanks for the input man!

actually your mail ending up in the spam folder usualy has something to do with the keywords it detects in the subject, the frequency it ends up unread, or trashed before read etc etc. this is gmail we are talking about. at the very least you should encourage people to check their spam folders for it. better yet get everyone to mark it not spam so less people encounter the issue.

If that was the case then how come large companies such as Facebook/Twitter, and smaller companies like Rock Paper Shotgun don't ask for their activation emails to be checked for in gmail's spam?

I imagine they use fairly similar wording.

The app looks and works nice, but does not make use of many native android features such as the notification system. I am just learning android development but am experienced with web and computer programming. I would like to contribute to this project to create a native android app for war frame. I will post here what I create as open source.

@Dave

Alright, I've added an XML output. The last 20 alerts will be listed.

XML: http://www.kingtaro....ml/w_alerts.xml

The order is descending. So the latest submitted alert is at the top.

Some extra info:

-"timelimit" = how many minutes left from the moment the alert got submitted.

-"date" = The timestamp is in GMT+0. Using the timelimit and the date, you can calculate whether or not the alert has ended.

-"submitter" = The person who submitted the alert.

If you got more questions about the XML format, feel free to ask me!

Regards,

Taro.

Edited by KingTaro