Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey

[DE]Dudley

Hello Tenno,

It’s been a momentous time for Warframe with the recent release of The New War! We know that the past two years have been unprecedented but we truly appreciate your patience and support while we worked on our biggest quest and update yet. As we begin 2022, we want to take a moment to reflect on the previous year and hear from you on what you would like to see this year in Warframe.

The forums remain a valuable place to share ideas and constructive feedback about Warframe, but with the new avenues and paths created from this update we felt a survey was appropriate to gauge general Tenno opinion.

Please complete the following survey truthfully, as only honest and fair feedback will benefit the Warframe community. This means there is no need to try and flatter us, nor is this an opportunity to bash the immense amount of hard work that has gone into the past year. Also, if you don't feel you have enough experience with a particular activity to judge, please simply skip that question. Answers are anonymous and not linked to your Warframe account. 

Now without further ado, the Warframe 2022 Survey awaits!

Survey Link - https://wrfr.me/3H6wimg 

The Warframe 2022 survey closes on Friday, February 4th at 11 a.m. ET.

UPDATE: The Warframe 2022 survey is now closed. We will begin to analyze the responses and report back once we have all the results! Thank you for the feedback, Tenno.

Ooh, charts and a survey?

Damn, this survey is going hard. Thank you for asking real questions. I'm very interested to see the results.

Not included in the OP:

Special shoutout to the master u/Purzzle for working with us to create the 2022 survey! Their surveys have become a staple of the subreddit so we wanted to give some well deserved thanks for their expertise.

This is great to see! @Purzzle

I know it's only a Survey, but after doing multiple surveys for Genshin Impact, getting to do a Survey for Warframe by the Developers gives me a feeling of hope.

EDIT: I hope Surveys become a trend, because I'd be interested in filling them out.

Survey does seem made to raise some good points, but survey's are also lacking in exploring certain points. For example:

I like the open worlds, but me rating them a "5" doesn't mean they don't need much else to them, actually much otherwise! I wish I could do more there, because right now bounties and open worlds as a whole are too tuned for a few items, many are one-off items (frames, weapons), while others that you want to get multiple times were made painful to get (lens in particular got their rates lowered, making them extremely boring to farm comparing with alternatives), and the overall potential of those spaces so far has been wasted. If for example I could do Lich content there, then I'd likely do hours long sessions there, but I can't so the open worlds no longer offer much of reason for me to return even though I like the open world structure better.

Same thing applies to rating each open world element, I can like bounties but that doesn't mean I don't want more. So if I want to express that I want that aspect to be explored should I say I don't like them? But that can be seen as "I don't want more".

The Warframe type question... Wasn't it stated that DE wanted to avoid archetypes? But sure, most frames fit into one or another, I'm just nitpicking, but gosh Tank frames still suck in a party because we barely have agro control tools (and the ones we have are insufficient or misplaced on non tank frames). Tank shouldn't just mean "I don't die", sadly the few tanks that contribute for the team also happen to do so on the "Support" slot and not on the "tank" slot.

Enemy questions are also severely lacking. Enemy Density is too relative to level, mission type and even issues (bugs, bad map/mission design) and this just feels like a cop-out question to "please the players" without solving actual issues related to it, bosses still are a one-off kinda of deal that doesn't really add much to the game, and not much else. Enemy design really could use a push, both in looks (Ancient healer and disruptor getting differentiated models) and mechanically (some enemies are good mechanically but lack polish, others lack mechanics or are poorly designed), but somehow, one of the most important aspects of the game just goes unnoticed even with a whole new faction being added.

Overall the Survey was fine, but lacked important topics and didn't really explore the players opinion besides "1 answer only", which makes it seem amateurish and limits the scope of the questions too much (to the point they can be misinterpreted).

> Is it time for werewolf warframe?  

Never. Stop pushing an illusion of a choice to players.  

We already have Yareli, go fix her before making a new frame that's probably gonna be a mixture of Sevagoth (melee clawing attack), Valkyr (gains boosted melee damage and movement/attack speed) and Chroma (transformation ability).

4 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Survey does seem made to raise some good points, but survey's are also lacking in exploring certain points. For example:

I like the open worlds, but me rating them a "5" doesn't mean they don't need much else to them, actually much otherwise! I wish I could do more there, because right now bounties and open worlds as a whole are too tuned for a few items, many are one-off items (frames, weapons), while others that you want to get multiple times were made painful to get (lens in particular got their rates lowered, making them extremely boring to farm comparing with alternatives), and the overall potential of those spaces so far has been wasted. If for example I could do Lich content there, then I'd likely do hours long sessions there, but I can't so the open worlds no longer offer much of reason for me to return even though I like the open world structure better.

Same thing applies to rating each open world element, I can like bounties but that doesn't mean I don't want more. So if I want to express that I want that aspect to be explored should I say I don't like them? But that can be seen as "I don't want more".

The Warframe type question... Wasn't it stated that DE wanted to avoid archetypes? But sure, most frames fit into one or another, I'm just nitpicking, but gosh Tank frames still suck in a party because we barely have agro control tools (and the ones we have are insufficient or misplaced on non tank frames). Tank shouldn't just mean "I don't die", sadly the few tanks that contribute for the team also happen to do so on the "Support" slot and not on the "tank" slot.

Enemy questions are also severely lacking. Enemy Density is too relative to level, mission type and even issues (bugs, bad map/mission design) and this just feels like a cop-out question to "please the players" without solving actual issues related to it, bosses still are a one-off kinda of deal that doesn't really add much to the game, and not much else. Enemy design really could use a push, both in looks (Ancient healer and disruptor getting differentiated models) and mechanically (some enemies are good mechanically but lack polish, others lack mechanics or are poorly designed), but somehow, one of the most important aspects of the game just goes unnoticed even with a whole new faction being added.

Overall the Survey was fine, but lacked important topics and didn't really explore the players opinion besides "1 answer only", which makes it seem amateurish and limits the scope of the questions too much (to the point they can be misinterpreted).

Wasn't the whole point of the anonymous survey was for no discussion in actual forumn and to express concern there?

I agree that the "one answer only" aspect makes the options difficult to pick and the results somewhat skewed - in my opinion, anyway.

Some bits like the amount of enemies present are very much a "it depends on the mission" kind of deal, as well.

Still, on the whole the questions were interesting ones to answer.

Looking forward to seeing the results!

I'm glad to see that some really popular fan ideas are being taken into account with this survey, as well as feedback on the Open World segments that I find myself as a conflict point where the content or the time spent in those bounties, fishing, or mining, are excessive for the amount of blueprints that require their resources. 

I feel that the survey really should have had a section dedicated to bugs and areas players run into them (for myself it's railjack), as I feel DE really should spend more time polishing on longstanding issues (Host Migration bugs where people lose their rewards for instance, is a major loss of time for some players, including myself), rather than pushing new content.

Archived