Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey

[DE]Dudley

It's encouraging to see the Warframe team put out a survey like this. I hope the devs actually take the responses to heart, and I also hope the responses are well-thought out and earnest, and aren't just full of blind praise or blind hatred.

I especially appreciate the sections that ask for what we want to be changed about the game, what other games we're playing, and what needs to be improved.

I'll repost here what I posted in the final text box (asking if we had anything else to get off our chest), and I'll expand on it as well:

Set Warframe on a new path in 2022. Improve various areas of the game, and take new approaches to existing systems in the game.

For example, take a new path with open worlds. I find all the open worlds boring right now because they're not designed like open world sandboxes but just large maps. The enemy AI behavior also isn't suited to open world gameplay right now because they just spawn randomly instead of spawning with patrol paths and routes, and they don't behave like military factions. The worlds don't feel alive and active with NPCs moving about the world, and the worlds are designed to limit the player, not expand their gameplay options. They don't build on the core gameplay modes and offer a few open world versions of core gameplay missions.

Another area of improvement is gunplay. Gunplay is lacking, in my opinion, due to lack of modern systems like aim down sight functionality and lack of a gunsmith. I know a lot here probably don't care about such features, but as a fan of shooter games, I feel more engaged with gunplay with such systems, and I think ADS and a proper gunsmith (of course that would require new weapons compatible with such systems) would add a new layer to gunplay that would go a long way towards adding a bit more variety to both PvE and PvP gameplay.

From a broader perspective, Warframe needs to do three things in 2022, in my opinion:

1) improve core gameplay systems and features, like animations (yeah, I brought this up quite a few times in the survey, been asking for it since 2016);

2) expand the scope and scale of the gameplay: draw inspiration from games like Battlefield, Ghost Recon Wildlands/Breakpoint, Metal Gear Solid V, Call of Duty in larger scale modes with sandbox features like many vehicles to use and enemies who are active in the environment. Expand space gameplay by using Railjack maps for Archwing modes, adding new classes of Railjacks, and allowing players to fly and fight using landing crafts and using a new fighter class of ship. Make Warframe a space epic rivaling the broadness and depth of something like Star Wars;

3) Warframe needs a new tone shift for gameplay and story that captures the name WAR-frame and the action focus of the gameplay. In this post-New War chapter, start emphasizing the combat and war. Have the Tenno character mature and become the warrior that they should be. Have the Grineer and Corpus mature and become more serious. Take a page out of Modern Warfare's book and double down on the war-tone and feel in the areas of story, gameplay, and marketing. That's the shift Warframe needs in this new decade to attract new players, retain existing players, and create a fresh start for the game, the community, and the studio. Mature the game with the characters, and use that war-tone, war-feel, and war-setting to introduce new characters, new stories, and new content that builds on the WAR in WARframe. Take Warframe to the next level and truly put it on par with the leading games in the industry.

From my "Anything else you'd like to get off your chest?":

Multiple core mechanics are pointlessly complex and poorly designed. It would be nice to see some reworks. For example: Enemy scaling. The wonky exponential and logarithmic curves currently used are pointlessly complex. Just make it linear. Linearity is way easier for players to understand. And remove Armor scaling; it creates a vast rift in durability between armored and unarmored enemies. Making Armor a constant instead would still allow for big damage reduction (90-99%) without causing the crazy 99.9999% numbers at extremely high levels.

Done. That said I really only have a few requests. You guys keep doing what your doing. But:

- please give Mesa Prime a on/off toggle for her chaps

- AkMagnus Prime (link and bp please?) 

-and rework the Arsenal UI to have weapons slot 1, slot 2 and slot 3 so that we can equip any 3 weapons we want. The combinations would be endlessly amazing. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Dudley said:

The forums remain a valuable place to share ideas and constructive feedback about Warframe

Really? I don't want to be *that* person, but sometimes it seems like the forums have been entirely forgotten, which becomes even more noticeable when several easy to fix bugs have been reported years ago and still nothing has been done about them while some totally unnoticeable details that don't affect gameplay in any way are reported in the subreddit and get addressed right away.

Seeing devs interact with the community in the unofficial subreddit more often than in the official subforums says a lot about how valuable is player input here.

EDIT: Seeing a shoutout to Purzzle in the subreddit, even though he also posts the same polls here in the forums further adds to such notion.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Wasn't the whole point of the anonymous survey was for no discussion in actual forumn and to express concern there?

No. The point of the anonymous survey is that if you choose to remain anonymous, you can do so because the survey isn't tied to your account, so you're free to say whatever in the survey. It doesn't prohibit you from sharing your responses to the survey here.

1 hour ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Hello Tenno,

It’s been a momentous time for Warframe with the recent release of The New War! We know that the past two years have been unprecedented but we truly appreciate your patience and support while we worked on our biggest quest and update yet. As we begin 2022, we want to take a moment to reflect on the previous year and hear from you on what you would like to see this year in Warframe.

The forums remain a valuable place to share ideas and constructive feedback about Warframe, but with the new avenues and paths created from this update we felt a survey was appropriate to gauge general Tenno opinion.

Please complete the following survey truthfully, as only honest and fair feedback will benefit the Warframe community. This means there is no need to try and flatter us, nor is this an opportunity to bash the immense amount of hard work that has gone into the past year. Also, if you don't feel you have enough experience with a particular activity to judge, please simply skip that question. Answers are anonymous and not linked to your Warframe account. 

Now without further ado, the Warframe 2022 Survey awaits!

Survey Link - https://wrfr.me/3H6wimg 

The Warframe 2022 survey closes on Friday, February 4th at 11 a.m. ET.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Done. That said I really only have a few requests. You guys keep doing what your doing. But:

- please give Mesa Prime a on/off toggle for her chaps

- AkMagnus Prime (link and bp please?) 

-and rework the Arsenal UI to have weapons slot 1, slot 2 and slot 3 so that we can equip any 3 weapons we want. The combinations would be endlessly amazing. 

Thanks Dudley have a great day! 💪

1 час назад, [DE]Dudley сказал:

Hello Tenno,

It’s been a momentous time for Warframe with the recent release of The New War! We know that the past two years have been unprecedented but we truly appreciate your patience and support while we worked on our biggest quest and update yet. As we begin 2022, we want to take a moment to reflect on the previous year and hear from you on what you would like to see this year in Warframe.

The forums remain a valuable place to share ideas and constructive feedback about Warframe, but with the new avenues and paths created from this update we felt a survey was appropriate to gauge general Tenno opinion.

Please complete the following survey truthfully, as only honest and fair feedback will benefit the Warframe community. This means there is no need to try and flatter us, nor is this an opportunity to bash the immense amount of hard work that has gone into the past year. Also, if you don't feel you have enough experience with a particular activity to judge, please simply skip that question. Answers are anonymous and not linked to your Warframe account. 

Now without further ado, the Warframe 2022 Survey awaits!

Survey Link - https://wrfr.me/3H6wimg 

The Warframe 2022 survey closes on Friday, February 4th at 11 a.m. ET.

Done! 👌

I feel that most parts of a survey is just multiple choices, I'm sure many players have 100 pages of essay to tell if you are given the chance to.

Seems like Trial is on consideration of a comeback soon.

The survey has a 'I want Devs to...' in oppose to 1 of the white knights want to stop players doing that. Both irony lol

Done, and I agree with God_is_a_Cat_Girl

40 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Survey does seem made to raise some good points, but survey's are also lacking in exploring certain points. For example:

I like the open worlds, but me rating them a "5" doesn't mean they don't need much else to them, actually much otherwise! I wish I could do more there, because right now bounties and open worlds as a whole are too tuned for a few items, many are one-off items (frames, weapons), while others that you want to get multiple times were made painful to get (lens in particular got their rates lowered, making them extremely boring to farm comparing with alternatives), and the overall potential of those spaces so far has been wasted. If for example I could do Lich content there, then I'd likely do hours long sessions there, but I can't so the open worlds no longer offer much of reason for me to return even though I like the open world structure better.

Same thing applies to rating each open world element, I can like bounties but that doesn't mean I don't want more. So if I want to express that I want that aspect to be explored should I say I don't like them? But that can be seen as "I don't want more".

The Warframe type question... Wasn't it stated that DE wanted to avoid archetypes? But sure, most frames fit into one or another, I'm just nitpicking, but gosh Tank frames still suck in a party because we barely have agro control tools (and the ones we have are insufficient or misplaced on non tank frames). Tank shouldn't just mean "I don't die", sadly the few tanks that contribute for the team also happen to do so on the "Support" slot and not on the "tank" slot.

Enemy questions are also severely lacking. Enemy Density is too relative to level, mission type and even issues (bugs, bad map/mission design) and this just feels like a cop-out question to "please the players" without solving actual issues related to it, bosses still are a one-off kinda of deal that doesn't really add much to the game, and not much else. Enemy design really could use a push, both in looks (Ancient healer and disruptor getting differentiated models) and mechanically (some enemies are good mechanically but lack polish, others lack mechanics or are poorly designed), but somehow, one of the most important aspects of the game just goes unnoticed even with a whole new faction being added.

Overall the Survey was fine, but lacked important topics and didn't really explore the players opinion besides "1 answer only", which makes it seem amateurish and limits the scope of the questions too much (to the point they can be misinterpreted).

I'd like to see a bit more freedom of choice on some of these. The way you're establishing AoE/power creep as only a problem and not something that some people enjoy in a power fantasy game feels disingenuous to me.

The whole reason I play the game has been for the horde-slaying power fantasy, and since melee got its ability to hit through walls gutted, AoE guns and warframe abilities have been the only things I've had that fun with. Without meaningful bosses (which can't be done without feeling tedious due to invulnerability phases, or intentionally handicapping the player as seen in several quests and with eidolons) this tends to be one of the things people really enjoy.

I very much hope that another survey is done to try and get a feel for what the playerbase truly enjoys and not just forcing the choices to lean towards "we're going to nerf [x thing], how do you feel about it?" or "We're going to add this content, how do you feel about it?" as that's not really a survey to get our opinion, that's a survey to determine how much PR work you have to expect for the choices you've already made and haven't gone public with or released yet.

40 minutes ago, --Revan-- said:

Survey completed! Bring back raids and more love for the clans and communities, then we'll be good!

If you're bringing back raids then at least make them doable with a two man squad or just soloable entirely 

I don't even care if it'll take longer if it means I won't have to deal with the buttmad whining of some who can't keep their emotions in check when ever the slightest misstep occurs, railjack was a step in the right direction with the addition of AI crews say what you will about it lol

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Unlucky1307 said:

I very much hope that another survey is done to try and get a feel for what the playerbase truly enjoys and not just forcing the choices to lean towards "we're going to nerf [x thing], how do you feel about it?" or "We're going to add this content, how do you feel about it?" as that's not really a survey to get our opinion, that's a survey to determine how much PR work you have to expect for the choices you've already made and haven't gone public with or released yet.

Spot on, some questions did feel like they could've used some more elaborative answers

16 minutes ago, Purzzle said:

Hiho, everybody!

Hope you like the new survey.
I know we didn't cover all the topics but we had to keep the survey at a reasonable length.

Cheers!

Do you know if this is a survey endorsed by the dev team or just the community team? I've seen a similar effort within another community (Ghost Recon) where members of the community made a bunch of surveys and then the community team made their own in response, but it was ultimately just an effort by that community team to engage with the community and not something that devs themselves really engaged with. I'm hoping this won't end up the same way.

Archived