Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey

[DE]Dudley

"Anything else you want to get off your chest?"

Considering eidolons are the only fun thing in the game...

1. Vomvalysts STILL, after TWO YEARS move slower than a snail compared to their original speed, making it hard for non advanced groups to charge the lures.

2. If an Eidolon Lure is afflicted by Magus lockdown, broken, and the arcane expires before you hack it, it will be stuck in place no matter what.

3. Unairu Wisps still fall under the ground in most areas if triggered by a Gantulyst or Hydrolyst. The only way you can stop this is to void blast a few meters off the ground.

4. When will Virtuos Shadow receive a rank 5 version?

5. Eidolons aren't explained, at all in the game. If someone wants to get into advanced hunting, they NEED resources like hunting discords, this document, etc.

6. Eidolon hitboxes are incredibly inaccurate. For example you could be aiming directly at a synovia, nothing in your way, and still be blocked by the arm, when it isnt even close to your crosshair.

If people worrying about housing, cosmetics, minigames, etc. They have the priorities messed up. The game itself becoming dry, but people worrying about thing that have little to no impact instead of the actual mechanics and the content in the game. I would like to see the game evolve get better content versus trying to make warframe the sims and make an apartment. I play to kill things not roleplay or decorate an area.

On 2022-01-28 at 11:49 AM, OniDax said:

1) improve core gameplay systems and features, like animations (yeah, I brought this up quite a few times in the survey, been asking for it since 2016);

2) expand the scope and scale of the gameplay: draw inspiration from games like Battlefield, Ghost Recon Wildlands/Breakpoint, Metal Gear Solid V, Call of Duty in larger scale modes with sandbox features like many vehicles to use and enemies who are active in the environment. Expand space gameplay by using Railjack maps for Archwing modes, adding new classes of Railjacks, and allowing players to fly and fight using landing crafts and using a new fighter class of ship. Make Warframe a space epic rivaling the broadness and depth of something like Star Wars;

3) Warframe needs a new tone shift for gameplay and story that captures the name WAR-frame and the action focus of the gameplay. In this post-New War chapter, start emphasizing the combat and war. Have the Tenno character mature and become the warrior that they should be. Have the Grineer and Corpus mature and become more serious. Take a page out of Modern Warfare's book and double down on the war-tone and feel in the areas of story, gameplay, and marketing. That's the shift Warframe needs in this new decade to attract new players, retain existing players, and create a fresh start for the game, the community, and the studio. Mature the game with the characters, and use that war-tone, war-feel, and war-setting to introduce new characters, new stories, and new content that builds on the WAR in WARframe. Take Warframe to the next level and truly put it on par with the leading games in the industry.

Love how we both put pretty much the same thing ngl, hopefully DE gives some good thought to these survey results to better Warframe's future

On 2022-01-28 at 11:49 AM, OniDax said:

3) Warframe needs a new tone shift for gameplay and story that captures the name WAR-frame and the action focus of the gameplay. In this post-New War chapter, start emphasizing the combat and war. Have the Tenno character mature and become the warrior that they should be. Have the Grineer and Corpus mature and become more serious. Take a page out of Modern Warfare's book and double down on the war-tone and feel in the areas of story, gameplay, and marketing. That's the shift Warframe needs in this new decade to attract new players, retain existing players, and create a fresh start for the game, the community, and the studio. Mature the game with the characters, and use that war-tone, war-feel, and war-setting to introduce new characters, new stories, and new content that builds on the WAR in WARframe. Take Warframe to the next level and truly put it on par with the leading games in the industry.

ESPECIALLY love this part

9 hours ago, (PSN)Dyin-Kyo said:

If people worrying about housing, cosmetics, minigames, etc. They have the priorities messed up. The game itself becoming dry, but people worrying about thing that have little to no impact instead of the actual mechanics and the content in the game. I would like to see the game evolve get better content versus trying to make warframe the sims and make an apartment. I play to kill things not roleplay or decorate an area.

You forgot that Warframe, despite being a 'hobby product' at first, has become a 'profitable business' for DE. They'd want to get more money without spending more worktime, and what's the easiest way to get money without work? Tennogens (fans submitted design, it got admitted, DE sitting on passive income) and cosmetics (adds nothing to the maingame, prints money until the game closes). Compare that to months of work just to make a new Warframe, and suddenly the scales gets tilted to the money side, leaving customer satisfaction side floating up.

I still think they are missing a trick of wiping out all sentient mobs after new war.... Surely there are remnants lingering around different system we can farm/hunt and play, rather than only keeping it in the open world bounties????

Like those broken floating ships that are still around the system? make those playable/farmable? 

Some of those questions are so vague and generic.   "Do you enjoy ____________    1-5......."

Well that depends...  Are you talking mechanically ?  Fun?  Story?  

For example.....  Sure I love mining, fishing, conservation.   Do I do them just for the fun of it???   Not much.   Do I enjoy those activities when I am doing them?  Mining is always being interrupted by my pet getting in my face after I run over to a ore node.   Fishing is a hell no,  even when you use bait the rare fish dont show up enough, bait doesnt last very long,  Cambion Drift fishing is super broken..   (Not to mention the 3 open worlds all use different fishing methods/tools).   Conservation... again different mechanics on different maps.  PoE/Drift are the best, most fun places to hunt because the animals are always out and it feels more natural.   However animals showing on radar is haphazard,  There are no indicators while looking through tranq rifle as to animal direction(In the real world you can determine direction from sound,  In video games its more 2d unless u got a sound set up.   So visual indivators would be extremely helpful.  Even more helpful then the crappy faded outline u gave ore nodes is the range finder on the mining tool to nearest ore.   Using that lets you find ore nodes very quickly.   A simple range to target number in tranq rife UI would let us determine direction to animals very quickly and improve hunting immensely. 

----

Or the question  whose New War story segment did I enjoy more?  Story wise Veso is the MAN.  But did I enjoy actually playing him?   Hell no.  

---

I dont get what you can get out of a survey if you dont ask questions with CONTEXT.  

------------------------

After 5-6 years+ of playing Warframe and already having mastered most gear in the game the things that bugs me the most is the Relic System.   To get prime parts the best method is recruit 3 other people who want to use the same part so you have 4 rolls vs the same relic at the same refinement Level.   The reason that system sucks so bad is that after about a week it become more and more impossible to find people willing to go after the same things you want.

All I freaking want from a new relic system is the ability to choose whatever relic I want, run it in a public squad of people who are using whatever relic they want and have the same odds as the method above.   (I usually get rare parts in 1-4 runs of a 4 man group, the first time.  After you get parts your odds seem to tank on further drops)

---------------------------

Railjack is awesome and has sooo much potential but it has so many issues.    Grineer side needs revamped to remove inside/outside gates(radiators).  Corpus side needs revamped to be about railjack.   AI Crew need improved.   Orphix nodes need nerfed to hell and have the Orphix Venom mods put back into that mission.   Volatile has several fail conditions and that happen way to quickly.  

-----------------------------

Veterans already overcame new Lich Difficulty so the only ones it hurts now are the newbs lol.  Who already get liches without realizing what they are doing and almost always get them to Lv5.   But there are two issues with Lich's that I have a huge problem with....  1st corpus side doesnt drop req relics as often as grineer side.   Corpus side should be 100% drop rate from every hound/lich stab for req reics.  2nd issue and my biggest problem....  people without liches being excluded from Railjack confrontations.....   I can no longer help owbies who need help with their Lich because I dont have one???  Thats so dumb.   Especially when you CAN help with murmur farming and everything up to the final confrontation.     Its a freaking easy fix....  no lich = no final confrontation rewards (or maybe chance at ultimatums/oull/req relics).  If I help someone do a Sister of Parvos I am totally ok with not getting any hound parts.   You know how many Lichs I helped take down before the final confrontations on railjack were added?????  I dont get why you exclude non Lich people now..   

Just filled mine out, i hope some of the stuff i said actually gets looked at. @[DE]Dudley I'm glad yous are going back to caring about having input from your playerbase, this is the bond that needs to happen for the game to keep going. We need more community polls, community feedback, even if its just a choice of 3 options for like "what would you like us to focus on for the next month" or "what should next update be" "what did you think about X recent update?" ect. Or even give us opportunity to type short answers so its humanly possible to actually go through the feedback.

This is good, keep it up and keep going in this direction. I've been bitter lately because its felt for so long like Devs don't care, Show me & the community otherwise with things like this and i feel great things will happen with warframe because of it.

Finally did the Survey. oOopy.gif

Though I feel personally from my enjoyment of the Quest that this question should have had a multiple choice.

[Which gameplay segment did you enjoy the most? Kahl-175 Veso-R Teshin] this should have been a multiple answer imo because I loved every bit of it, the New War quest was AWESOME.

On 2022-01-28 at 12:00 PM, Arsonistic said:

From my "Anything else you'd like to get off your chest?":

Multiple core mechanics are pointlessly complex and poorly designed. It would be nice to see some reworks. For example: Enemy scaling. The wonky exponential and logarithmic curves currently used are pointlessly complex. Just make it linear. Linearity is way easier for players to understand. And remove Armor scaling; it creates a vast rift in durability between armored and unarmored enemies. Making Armor a constant instead would still allow for big damage reduction (90-99%) without causing the crazy 99.9999% numbers at extremely high levels.

No way. Complexity is needed. This is not a game for all people if it becomes linear. I am not sure where you are in your journey so perhaps you have no intuition on how it matters. If you are super new you are not aware that over time ' there is a linear effect' to make the game, the progression path, reachable for a new player. That is, a new player can get to the upper levels of the game much faster than what it took for a vetern player. I lament that new players will not have the same experience of all the grind and epic difficulty that I have marched through but it is needed. I started playing about three years ago and have managed to get to the maximum level by just such a  design. As much as you cry and complain about how long or hard something is as soon as you reach it, its game over for loss of interest. It is a continual struggle for devs to have challenging content and new content for new and old players. You have to give them credit for their choices because no matter what you say they have kept the game going for the veterns and new players alike. Granted, there have been and may be huge decisions on the path they choose which we strongly despise, and You and I are certainly important in making our voices and opinions heard as we strive to get the direction of the game going the way we like the most. I think if you see this perspective it will help you make more thoughtful and productive criticism or at least understand the need for such a complexity. 

Grind does NOT equal difficulty.

I am burned out at MR 20 because of the grind.  I have grind after grind and even grinds within grinds to do at this point to progress and it just isn't fun anymore.  When a game stops being fun and is seen as a chore that's a problem. I don't mind difficult content, I embrace a challenge.  Rinse and repeat rng activities, on the other hand, are not hard just endless tedium and I reached maximum tolerance.

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shiny Sly said:

I am burned out at MR 20 because of the grind.  I have grind after grind and even grinds within grinds to do at this point to progress and it just isn't fun anymore.  When a game stops being fun and is seen as a chore that's a problem. I don't mind difficult content, I embrace a challenge.  Rinse and repeat rng activities, on the other hand, are not hard just endless tedium and I reached maximum tolerance.

Grind does not equal difficulty but expontial scaling does. I do have sympathy for grinding but, perhaps you havent discovered all the ways that different styles of game play have in reducing the grind. As a man of 25 sisters to get my first corpus ephemera. That was an exercise in will power. I have learned a ton of things about the sisters, a ton of stuff on Jupiter and corpus proxima. 

Anyway, if you are the slightest bit curious of whatever particular thing that got you mad last, message me privately and see if I know anything about getting through it faster. Sadly I still learn stuff about things in this game that I have overlooked and made a difference. Tell no one.

Sometimes you jusy need a break from playing. Breaks over get to work.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Shiny Sly said:

I agree with you on this as well. I find myself torn between grinding to achieve a particular goal, then upon achieving it having nothing else to do but grind for something else. At a point, it really is just work. I haven't played Warframe for fun or personal enjoyment since when I first started and was progressing through the Star Chart. Back then, I explored every corner of the tile sets and stalked the enemies to watch their idle animations or hear their language. Now it's just a slog.
For some people, that works. That's what they want and good for them! For others like ourselves, I would like to see gameplay that DIDN'T make RNG and Grind its core feature. I don't want to speedrun and ability-spam constantly. I want to play the game and ENJOY playing it. I miss the excitement I had when I started.

Unfortunately what this game is lacking is more robust content. Npc interactions and side quests that aren't combat-centric (unlike the bounties we currently have) would do a lot in the way of adding more life to the game. We're past the point where Warframes were these mystical beings that avoided the populace. Now I want to be able to spend more time among the populace, make more choices, form real alliances and feel like I'm making an actual difference in an actual world. 

I'd wager most players could agree that right now, we don't feel connected to the world. You feel like you're playing a game. If I could change anything, it'd be to ask DE to consider games like Mass Effect or Halo and analyze how even with their own quirks and equal grinds/challenges, these games were able to immerse the player in the game with significant contributions and character interactions, not keep them at arms length like Warframe.

So hum, playing since December 2013, LR1, still playing and enjoying but what frustrates me the most so far, as stated in the survey is

-Rivens are annoying, too much RNG kills RNG, not talking about mods having 0 impact on new / OP weapons, to the point where using a riven that doesn't have at least 2 amazing stats is useless on these weapons

-Platform, 8 years 3 months on console, that's getting really annoying, back then PC and PS were kiiiinda the same in performance (kinda) but now PC outclasses consoles, I'm still stuck on 1080p / 60 fps while I could get 1440p / 165fps + of course m/kb

Regarding raids, I don't really care myself, no offense, but I played some back then and some games are already doing it and are doing it better, I'm personally not coming on WF to get through difficult stuff as I already play another game to do so, people should also notice that gathering 8 english-talking people is pretty easy, especially on PC, but world doesn't speak english and I know from some friends that gathering non-english talking people (as well as non-spanish / french / chinese) is really, really hard, especially on console where gathering 8 people would be an event more than an activity. And to be fair, as far as I remember, they weren't fun to do either, especially when you need to gather special frames if you don't want to have a very bad time.

18 hours ago, Erebus said:

I agree with you on this as well. I find myself torn between grinding to achieve a particular goal, then upon achieving it having nothing else to do but grind for something else. At a point, it really is just work. I haven't played Warframe for fun or personal enjoyment since when I first started and was progressing through the Star Chart. Back then, I explored every corner of the tile sets and stalked the enemies to watch their idle animations or hear their language. Now it's just a slog.
For some people, that works. That's what they want and good for them! For others like ourselves, I would like to see gameplay that DIDN'T make RNG and Grind its core feature. I don't want to speedrun and ability-spam constantly. I want to play the game and ENJOY playing it. I miss the excitement I had when I started.

Unfortunately what this game is lacking is more robust content. Npc interactions and side quests that aren't combat-centric (unlike the bounties we currently have) would do a lot in the way of adding more life to the game. We're past the point where Warframes were these mystical beings that avoided the populace. Now I want to be able to spend more time among the populace, make more choices, form real alliances and feel like I'm making an actual difference in an actual world. 

I'd wager most players could agree that right now, we don't feel connected to the world. You feel like you're playing a game. If I could change anything, it'd be to ask DE to consider games like Mass Effect or Halo and analyze how even with their own quirks and equal grinds/challenges, these games were able to immerse the player in the game with significant contributions and character interactions, not keep them at arms length like Warframe.

Do you think this is a casualty of them telling their story with the big quest as opposed to say having launched Ceres as an open world  w all the things they could have to explore puzzles to solve, things to build, tasks to complete w a specialized grineer community to interact with? Or that they seem to be moving away from what you liked by even with the Deimos open world stuff?

48 minutes ago, (PSN)jockhotty said:

Do you think this is a casualty of them telling their story with the big quest as opposed to say having launched Ceres as an open world  w all the things they could have to explore puzzles to solve, things to build, tasks to complete w a specialized grineer community to interact with? Or that they seem to be moving away from what you liked by even with the Deimos open world stuff?

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I don't like any of DE's open worlds and never regarded Warframe the way Erebus did, because nothing about the game has ever felt "alive" to me. I too want a Warframe that has us interacting with the populace in the system, but small encampments of random people aren't exactly "the populace". None of Warframe's environments feel alive and inhabited and active with people. We heard about "the colonies" (i.e. the old Orokin colonies of humanity that spread from Earth and colonized the system), and then when we're introduced to these "colonies", we're introduced to the Myconians who are just on a ship, and Cetus, which is just a small enclave of people who cut meat from a tower, and then a small industrial building where people with heads in their stomachs do... something? I guess it was too much to expect a system that felt as alive and active and populated with as many people as (at least) the Earth currently has.

But it's not even just the population that's missing. The open worlds are dull, designed around completing chores. Much of the game feels like that, and it's because 1) the gameplay (gunplay, melee gameplay, space) is, imo, lacking. Gunplay lacks modern features like ADS (aim down sight) and attachment-based customization (gunsmith as the GR games and recent COD games have labeled the system), as well as AAA-quality animations. Melee gameplay is just hack and slash instead of providing a more in-depth block-and-parry-based system (like GoT or SWJFO). Space gameplay has involved Archwing (which feels like a limited version of standard Warframe gameplay, with a flight system that feels like you're a moving point instead of a propelled character) and Empyrean (which is based around protecting your Railjack instead of being an expansive epic SWBF-like space battle). 2) The environments are dull, not because they're not visually striking (some are), but because they're full of dull enemy hordes instead of enemy, friendly, and civilian NPCs who are designed to act and move around the environment like they're real people, and because we don't have broad freedom to move around these worlds in a sandbox nature. We're limited to tileset missions and open worlds where there's quite frankly nothing going on and we have limited tools (archwings and K-drives) with which to interact with these environments.

I think if Warframe's environment was designed like an MMO open world, and if the core gameplay was expanding to include more contemporary gameplay systems and features, and if we could freely traverse the system instead of being limited to a mission/instance-centric star chart), it would probably offer a more immersive feeling and perhaps be focused on something other than grind and RNG. If every planet was an expansive open world that we could explore, interact with, and fight on, and if space was itself an open world that we could explore, interact with, and fight in with personal space ships (not a large railjack but like our landing crafts), I think it would be a better game.  I think it would feel more expansive and the focus would be less on grind and RNG to get stuff and more on experiencing the immersive, engaging world.

One thing I think would benefit warframe and also retaining playerbase is a Sherpa mechanic.  

I'm MR30 and own virtually everything in the game.  When my PS4 died, I started playing WF on switch and I pretty much had to solo the entire starchart.  The playerbase is so low that even setting missions to wait for players, I could go literally hours before getting a squadmate on a mission and virtually no one was even in recruit chat. Without higher level players to help me, I'm stuck endlessly grinding easy content that offers pitiful rewards.  And other than being kind, there is no incentive for players to assist for a lot of the content one may need help with as a "new" player with no creds, frames, mods, or endo.  I honestly just gave up on even trying to get a necramech.

While crossplay may help this, instituting a Sherpa mechanic that gives rewards comparable to a higher level mission would incentivise higher players to regularly aid newer players.  This could also allow for players to request aid for specific missions and us veterans can jump right in to help.  Even on PS4 with a very active playerbase, I've seen players repeatedly asking for assistance to no avail. 

Another way to alleviate some of these issues would be to significantly reduce some of these mod upgrade costs for the essentials like vitality and redirection which cost over 10K endo to max.  This would allow players to invest the endo they would spend there in other mods and increase their damage output.  There's so much content in this game that gets locked behind massive grinds for new players.  Even doing something like Umbra where they get a half filled mod to start out would do wonders. 

Archived