Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 22 Deadline Announce

Tenno,

It’s time! We’re beyond excited to share the deadline for submissions to TennoGen Round 22 in an effort to give our artists all the time they need to prepare their latest creations!

The TennoGen Round 22 deadline is March 7th, 2022 at 2PM ET. At that time, we will be reviewing all items submitted or updated after September 7th, 2021.

If you have an item that has been in the workshop for a long period of time, we highly recommend submitting it to avoid any chance of our team missing the updated version. In general, having a fresh submission for items originally uploaded before September 7th is recommended to absolutely ensure it gets seen, though we still do our best to catch as many updated pieces as we can!

As a reminder for new and returning artists, there were some texture file name changes and general texture optimization changes roughly one year ago that should be considered in your pieces prior to submission.

Texture Optimization: when we released Part Two of our Great Ensmallening, there were changes to our texture compression. This affects TennoGen artists, and we want your pieces to perform the best that they can. As a result, we are offering the following recommendations to include in your workflow:

• Test all of your textures at in-game resolution, and make sure you test them together at this resolution. You can see final resolution numbers in the Final Submission Checklist available here or in the file download.
  • Optimize your UVs to get the most out of your limited resolution. Good UV mapping practices go a long way in helping your piece look its best, so check out online resources on how to improve this important skill.
  • Avoid adding micro-details to your normal maps. These can get incredibly busy and messy once they are added in-game. If you want to add micro-details to your piece, you can request that we use our own internal atlas detail in your submission’s readme document.

Our texture guide includes these tips and the naming convention changes.

Additionally, we require the inclusion of one clearly marked in-game resolution screenshot of the full item for your submissions to ensure that artists and the community have a better idea of what the item will look like if it makes it into Warframe! All screenshot guidelines can be found below:

Screenshot Guidelines:

Spoiler
  • All creations must be submitted with the following screenshot guidelines, so we can properly judge your creation. We reserve the right to reject items without proper screenshots, due to our inability to properly review your item.
  • Please make sure to include a tint breakdown.
  • Have at least one well-lit screenshot on a 50% grey background and uncoloured lighting.
  • For Skins and Syandanas, make sure the colouring in your screenshots matches the colouring in the files you uploaded.
  • For Warframe Alt-Helmets, please be sure to match the base colours of the Warframe in your files and in one of the screenshots!
  • Make sure your screenshots are all up to date! If you have comparison shots for previous versions, please indicate which screenshots are of the current iteration -- aka the ones we should be evaluating!
  • IMPORTANT: Include one full view screenshot of your creation at in-game resolution that is clearly marked (ex: text in the corner that says “IN-GAME RESOLUTION”). Just the front view is fine, but if you want to include multiple angles, that is more than welcome. Finally, provide both back, front and side views of your creation so we can see the whole picture. These views should not be partial -- we need to see the FULL item from all sides.

The New War Spoiler Policy

Artists should not include New War spoilers within their submissions screenshots, so as to not accidentally ruin the experience for those who have not played the Quest. Specific content files have been added to our TennoGen resources for those who want to test their creations, but these files are specifically not for use in workshop screenshots.

We will amend this policy for future rounds as we see fit.

Content File Details (New War Spoilers Below) 

Spoiler

Drifter head models have been added to the OperatorHeads.zip available for download on this page. Accessories will be scaled-up upon integration to fit Drifter with hopefully little issue, but please take note of the head variation outlined in the resources in that folder to ensure an optimal fit. Drifter heads vary in shape and will require a bit more planning and testing on your end. If you have questions about these files and resources, please put them in spoiler tags and clearly mark them as such! Thank you.

That should be it! Lots to review, all in the name of making TennoGen items the best they can be.

Happy creating, Tenno!

10 minutes ago, (PSN)The_Hardroad said:

Please let this skin get in. We have a multitude of daggers that people enjoy and this would be a great addition to the appearances. I personally don’t like the look of the Karyst Prime dagger, although I love its playstyle. And for those still running covert lethality, this would make a great assassin’s blade.

That's pretty neat. I use Rakta Dark Dagger a lot so I wouldn't mind a nice skin for it, even though it looks good by default.

Remember fellas, you gotta wait for the item to either to be updated or resubmitted for DE to even consider reviewing the items again for the new Round.
Any item uploaded / updated after Round 21's Deadline, that being September 7th, 2021 (9/7/2021), are eligible. 

On 2022-01-31 at 1:20 AM, Scruffel said:

Remember fellas, you gotta wait for the item to either to be updated or resubmitted for DE to even consider reviewing the items again for the new Round.
Any item uploaded / updated after Round 21's Deadline, that being September 7th, 2021 (9/7/2021), are eligible. 

Good to know, thanks!

@Girtan

I hope I got the right Girtan and as I lack a working Steam account, this forum is my best chance.

Could you please update your Volt Raiju skin and submit it for Tennogen round 22? I would absolutely LOVE to wear this in the game!

• 2 weeks later...
В 08.02.2022 в 01:20, (PSN)Sentiel сказал:

Good to know, thanks!

@Girtan

I hope I got the right Girtan and as I lack a working Steam account, this forum is my best chance.

Could you please update your Volt Raiju skin and submit it for Tennogen round 22? I would absolutely LOVE to wear this in the game!

Thanks a lot.
At the moment, the development of the skin is at the final stage.
I'm not sure that I'll have time to complete it by the deadline, but I will do my best to be in time.
If I don't make it, it will definitely be ready for round 23.
Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Girtan said:

Thanks a lot.
At the moment, the development of the skin is at the final stage.
I'm not sure that I'll have time to complete it by the deadline, but I will do my best to be in time.
If I don't make it, it will definitely be ready for round 23.
Thanks!

That's very reassuring to know!

Good luck with the work and I'll be looking forward to seeing the skin in the game. 👍

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2022-05-14 at 3:07 PM, (PSN)Zoorrah said:

almost 3 months and still nothing ,at this point  if y'all were too busy, you could have given more time to let the creators submit their stuff.🤨

It's not a matter of us being too busy, we have been using the time to work collaboratively with the TennoGen creators to make edits and updates to their pieces so that they'll really shine.

Sometimes the time between the deadline and the lineup announce takes longer due to all kinds of variables. Rest assured the pieces are almost ready to be announced and shown off. :) 

On 2022-05-14 at 9:07 PM, (PSN)Zoorrah said:

Still no info?

What has it been?

almost 3 months and still nothing ,at this point  if y'all were too busy,you could have given more time to let the creators submit their stuff.🤨

Don't worry about it. We are not getting the skins any time soon.

There were 3 months between the deadline of Round 20 and the announcement of the winners. Then there was another month and a half between the announcement of Round 20 Part 1 and the release date of the skins (2 months for Part 2).

So we are still going to wait for another 2-3 months.

Archived