Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Crossplay

(XBOX)GameGhost123

I'm really looking forward to conclave come crossplay.  I really think pvp could be revived with it. Matchmaking will most likely be available around the clock which will bring in more players that have avoided it because they never could get into a match when they tried to matchmake. If conclave becomes revived maybe de will attempt to make changes or fix bugs that have been in conclave for years. Hopefully balance out weapons/frames too so that certain gear don't outshine others by alot. I feel DE will eventually work on conclave it's just going to take awhile because it's not a priority at the current time.  Having a good active pvp in the game will bring in a ton of players to the game that love pvp. Let me know if you guys are excited for conclave come crossplay. 

Note: PvE purist comments will be ignored.  Don't come into the conclave section of the forum if you don't like conclave or hope it gets removed. That isn't the type of constructive feedback DE wants. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GameGhost123 said:

Note: PvE purist comments will be ignored.  Don't come into the conclave section of the forum if you don't like conclave or hope it gets removed. That isn't the type of constructive feedback DE wants. 

This is an odd statement. Surely people that don’t like PvP are a group DE needs to hear from. DE could do something about their issues and encourage then to like conclave.

Having a good active pvp in the game will bring in a ton of players to the game that love pvp. Let me know if you guys are excited for conclave come crossplay. 

I disagree with this. The kind of PvP Warframe has seems to require a decent amount of experience with how weapons work and the movement system. I don’t know how many PvP lovers enjoy getting destroyed time and time again due to inexperience. They would need to come for the PvE and stay for the PvP.

1. Once we have crossplay I might go back to PvP. I never really liked the current version. I am one of the few that enjoyed the unbalanced one. 
  2. I also hope if crossplay makes conclave more popular we get another mode. I really want a PvEvP mode like Gambit in Destiny 2.

I do wonder if controller vs. M+KB will be an issue though. 

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

This is an odd statement. Surely people that don’t like PvP are a group DE needs to hear from. DE could do something about their issues and encourage then to like conclave.

I disagree with this. The kind of PvP Warframe has seems to require a decent amount of experience with how weapons work and the movement system. I don’t know how many PvP lovers enjoy getting destroyed time and time again due to inexperience. They would need to come for the PvE and stay for the PvP.

1. Once we have crossplay I might go back to PvP. I never really liked the current version. I am one of the few that enjoyed the unbalanced one. 
  2. I also hope if crossplay makes conclave more popular we get another mode. I really want a PvEvP mode like Gambit in Destiny 2.

I do wonder if controller vs. M+KB will be an issue though. 

Would love other game modes getting added in for pvp. Ideas from d2 seems cool.  

Would love other game modes getting added in for pvp. Ideas from d2 seems cool.  

The only one I actually want added is a Gambit inspired mode. Have you ever tried it? There are many way I imagine being quite enjoyable this could be implemented. But this is not the topic for it, so I will put my favourite in a spoiler. Please DM if you want to discuss this bit but do not think it is relevant to your post - respond here if you think it is relevant.

Spoiler

Gambit Inspired mode. So the basics would be similar to what is in D2. You would be able to invade the other team. Numbers are placeholders/examples.

• Two teams of players, one of enemies.
    • I would like the teams to be Operators only. So enemies would be scaled so they were a challenge to operators, not frames. I believe this would be fun as it puts everyone on a more level field. In theory, the Operators could all have the same focus skills unlocked.
    • Operators would use their Amps for combat. The focus skills, arcanes and player skills would be the main contributor to results.
    • I would like your choice of focus school to do something. My idea is that you would have a special unique energy resource that you collect (maybe convergence orbs?) that allow you to trigger your Operator's ability. These would be dropped by any enemies. The ability will grant an exalted weapon - you get to pick this in your arsenal like any other weapon, the damage type(s) would depend on the focus school. I am not sure if these should be moddable.
      • Would run for one minute. Mods could extend up to two minutes total.
    • A second unique energy resource would exist. This would be exclusively dropped by eximus enemies - some fixed/minimum spawn rate would be required. Once fully charged a second ability would become available. This would allow you to temporarily switch to your frame. Something about Orphix frame disablers and the energy being able to overcome this.
      • Would run for 15 seconds. Mods could extend up to 45 seconds total.
  • The enemy faction is randomly decided at the start of the match. Another way to do this would be a player choice thing, like how many other games let you pick maps. If player choice I would exclude the hosts previously fought faction (may not be useful).
    • I see being able to pick as a problem as it would spread everyone out. I want to bring everyone onto one node.
  • Could have teams of four as the basic mode. Four players per side.
    • I would like a smaller mode with just two per side. Perhaps as an 'invite only' mode. Why? It is annoying when you want to play Conclave with friends but cannot due to not having full teams for both sides. Four is the max squad size, so it makes sense that many people would have three others they prefer to run with.
  • The objective is to break and/or steal something. You break the bubble and steal the item, preventing the other team from getting it. Then you win.
  • There would be a void portal that allows you to invade. I envisage this having a kill counter required to activate. The kill counter could be a displayed number or tubes that fill up as you kill enemies. Kind of like the Endurance Drift mod challenge.
    • Only one player may invade at a time.
    • You are allowed to use your abilities if ready while invading. So you could invade and kill everyone with your frame.
    • You would be allowed to invade for 30 seconds. But killing enemies would increase the time by 5 seconds each, up to a total of one minute. Killing enemy players would provide an extra boost to your ability charge rates. 
    • There would be a hard cap of two minutes on the invasion. Once you had been there for two minutes, or your timer had expired you would be teleported back to your side.

My thread:

20 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The only one I actually want added is a Gambit inspired mode. Have you ever tried it? There are many way I imagine being quite enjoyable this could be implemented. But this is not the topic for it, so I will put my favourite in a spoiler. Please DM if you want to discuss this bit but do not think it is relevant to your post - respond here if you think it is relevant.

Hide contents

Gambit Inspired mode. So the basics would be similar to what is in D2. You would be able to invade the other team. Numbers are placeholders/examples.

• Two teams of players, one of enemies.
    • I would like the teams to be Operators only. So enemies would be scaled so they were a challenge to operators, not frames. I believe this would be fun as it puts everyone on a more level field. In theory, the Operators could all have the same focus skills unlocked.
    • Operators would use their Amps for combat. The focus skills, arcanes and player skills would be the main contributor to results.
    • I would like your choice of focus school to do something. My idea is that you would have a special unique energy resource that you collect (maybe convergence orbs?) that allow you to trigger your Operator's ability. These would be dropped by any enemies. The ability will grant an exalted weapon - you get to pick this in your arsenal like any other weapon, the damage type(s) would depend on the focus school. I am not sure if these should be moddable.
      • Would run for one minute. Mods could extend up to two minutes total.
    • A second unique energy resource would exist. This would be exclusively dropped by eximus enemies - some fixed/minimum spawn rate would be required. Once fully charged a second ability would become available. This would allow you to temporarily switch to your frame. Something about Orphix frame disablers and the energy being able to overcome this.
      • Would run for 15 seconds. Mods could extend up to 45 seconds total.
  • The enemy faction is randomly decided at the start of the match. Another way to do this would be a player choice thing, like how many other games let you pick maps. If player choice I would exclude the hosts previously fought faction (may not be useful).
    • I see being able to pick as a problem as it would spread everyone out. I want to bring everyone onto one node.
  • Could have teams of four as the basic mode. Four players per side.
    • I would like a smaller mode with just two per side. Perhaps as an 'invite only' mode. Why? It is annoying when you want to play Conclave with friends but cannot due to not having full teams for both sides. Four is the max squad size, so it makes sense that many people would have three others they prefer to run with.
  • The objective is to break and/or steal something. You break the bubble and steal the item, preventing the other team from getting it. Then you win.
  • There would be a void portal that allows you to invade. I envisage this having a kill counter required to activate. The kill counter could be a displayed number or tubes that fill up as you kill enemies. Kind of like the Endurance Drift mod challenge.
    • Only one player may invade at a time.
    • You are allowed to use your abilities if ready while invading. So you could invade and kill everyone with your frame.
    • You would be allowed to invade for 30 seconds. But killing enemies would increase the time by 5 seconds each, up to a total of one minute. Killing enemy players would provide an extra boost to your ability charge rates. 
    • There would be a hard cap of two minutes on the invasion. Once you had been there for two minutes, or your timer had expired you would be teleported back to your side.

Sounds awesome 

57 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I decided I should make a thread so people can talk about it there instead of stealing yours. 

Hide contents

See, I do not like current Conclave, but I want to improve it.

I think new game modes would be awesome but most ppl think of it like it can only be 1 way or the other. Thing is they can just add modes that ppl like like what u brought up. Dont have to remove older modes. People can just choose to play what they want.  If people don't like current conclave then they could play your idea if it ever gets implemented.  The whole i dont like something just change it or remove it ideal just isnt right. They can improve or make changes to conclave without losing what it already is by doing what I just expressed. 

Archived