Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 31.1.0: Echoes of War

[DE]Megan

Thank goodness, Ogris isn't ugly to look at anymore... (that's the only augment I'm missing from Kela... and that's one my most used Primaries, lol).

Now all that's left is to remove Thermal Sunder from the Helminth pool and replace it with Gauss' DR ability, because Sunder is so ugly to look at and a bit too oppressive for EVERY frame to have. Or side solution, force Titania to not be able to use Helminth abilities while in butterfly form, like Yareli not being able to use Helminth abilites on Meru and Xaku not pausing any ability outside his main ones, only fair, while jacking down the range, lol. What I'm saying is, y'all had a problem with World on Fire? Here's an ability for every frame to use World of Fire.

2 minutes ago, HelixRook said:

That’s interesting because I’ve replayed it a few times well after the release and it did change. 

From the Wiki:By default, all players start out with Neutral alignment. Currently, the only quests where players can affect their alignment choices are The War Within, The Glast Gambit, The Sacrifice and The New War. Players can only affect their choices on the first playthroughs of said quests, which will permanently record the player's choice on their account. While players can replay the quests to try out a different choice, the result will not affect the player's recorded alignment.

I replayed the quests as well and my alignment didn't change but it is easy enough to test if you don't believe me.

1 hour ago, Wiz3rd said:

t3gqtre8jwy01.png?auto=webp&s=b537392183

yea let players just play 400 days to have a fun gaming experience, pls stop quoting me with useless stuff i already have that mod also good luck equipping that on an operator which also gets staggered for whatever reason

Edited by Plat
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

I replayed the quests as well and my alignment didn't change but it is easy enough to test if you don't believe me.

I’m not saying I don’t believe you, I’m saying I’ve done it before. Granted it has been a few years, but I definitely made changes without issue. 

Please consider to not overoptimize things. The game slowly turned into a slide-show for me, and it gets worse with every update/optimizations. Turning off VFX/resource hungry stuff will not help, because its all turned of already. Lowering resolution? I'm already on HD-Quality to reach 60fps eventually.

Ultimatively, if you really deactivate Normal Render Mode which you mentioned in last Devstream, the game will not run in a playable state, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It leads to a loss of Players.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

NEW: Accessibility options now have their own tab! You’ll find respective VIDEO and INTERFACE accessibility options now live here.

In the devstream there was a screenshot showing a much expanded version of the Accessibility tab we got today.  Some of these options still show up on other tabs, but some do not.  Are these still coming in a future update?  One I'm especially curious about is the "Repeated Button Presses" setting that can be seen there and that @[DE]Rebeccamentions specifically in the video.    Is this something that can be used to enable automatic triggers on currently semi-auto weapons?  If so, it would be a terrific change with great benefits to player health and to a wider enjoyment of everything this game has to offer.

If not, please make this happen some time soon.  There will come a time when games that do not provide this option internally will be seen as hopelessly out-of-date, the same we look at games from  decades ago that made players click on bazillions of individual piles of gold to pick them up.  It would be great if DE could be a leader in this.

Here's a link to the relevant section of the devstream.  It's at 50:20 if the timestamp doesn't work:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Lavos’ Vial Rush has been slightly changed in the name of performance. When casting Vial Rush zones from previous Vial Rush are removed but deal a one time damage proportional to their remaining duration.

WHAT?

No, sorry. Performance or no performance, this is a DEVASTATING detriment to Lavos' functionality in both damage and utility!

Did you forget that Lavos' primary feature is applying multiple statuses, not direct damage (because statuses = damage via Catalyse)?

Not only is the ability for Lavos to leave multiple persistent zones in multiple areas crucial to the reliability of status counts on enemies that Catalyse will hit - because all the other abilities are directional - this change also prevents using the 'threat zones' for utility - leaving statuses like Fire, Electricity, Radiation unable to be leveraged to control/distract everything that trespasses a wider area or from multiple directions to a goal.

Remember how you just released a second Cooldown Reduction option in the augment which we use to cover more ground more reliably with the clunky disbursement of vials?

You must revert this and find another way to handle the performance hits, if you aren't going to rework anything in Lavos's kit to compensate.

Edited by TheLexiConArtist
  • Like 5

Fixed Galvanized Mod "bonus Damage per Status" not functioning for numerous projectile weapons.

• A previous change had them operate relative to "base damage" but the code was incorrectly getting base damage from the impact behavior rather than the projectile. This problem was pervasive and there are hundreds of weapons in our game! Please be patient and send updated reports if something slipped through our net.

boom

Yareli: Surging Blades: Aquablades

Fine, but Yareli needs more attention than an augment. Like, why is Merulina 75% damage reduction and without a damage absorption period, while Warding Halo is 90% damage reduction and has a damage absorption period? Why does Riptide not have a duration so you can actually take advantage of the enemy grouping, like you can with Larva? Girl's just half-finished, at best.

• Like 4

"ORB VALLIS CONSERVATION CHANGE:

• In addition to the already existing Conservation method of Trail & Tranq, all species of animal on Orb Vallis can now be found ambiently in the wild! (Bolarola, Sawgaw, Kubrodon, Horrasque, Stover, Pobber, Vermink). Due to the endangered nature of the species, the rarest subspecies will still need to be tracked down by following their trails."

I like that. Should have been from the start.

Edit: does it even work? I flew around with a Tranq Rifle and got ZERO blips. Nothing.

Edited by Aazhyd

10 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

In the devstream there was a screenshot showing a much expanded version of the Accessibility tab we got today.  Some of these options still show up on other tabs, but some do not.  Are these still coming in a future update?  One I'm especially curious about is the "Repeated Button Presses" setting that can be seen there and that @[DE]Rebeccamentions specifically in the video.    Is this something that can be used to enable automatic triggers on currently semi-auto weapons?  If so, it would be a terrific change with great benefits to player health and to a wider enjoyment of everything this game has to offer.

If not, please make this happen some time soon.  There will come a time when games that do not provide this option internally will be seen as hopelessly out-of-date, the same we look at games from  decades ago that made players click on bazillions of individual piles of gold to pick them up.  It would be great if DE could be a leader in this.

Here's a link to the relevant section of the devstream.  It's at 50:20 if the timestamp doesn't work:

A great question! The "Keyboard / Mouse" and "Controller" headers got tied up with some other integrations that weren't quite ready to ship (related to the "This is the beginning of our broader Options menu rework efforts that will continue in a near future Update, stay tuned!" note). 

They will most likely come with our next Mainline Update. Apologies for the confusion there. 

• Like 7

6 минут назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

A great question! The "Keyboard / Mouse" and "Controller" headers got tied up with some other integrations that weren't quite ready to ship (related to the "This is the beginning of our broader Options menu rework efforts that will continue in a near future Update, stay tuned!" note). 

They will most likely come with our next Mainline Update. Apologies for the confusion there. 

That's absolutely great news if so! I have periodic pain in my thumbs with spammy abilities (like exalted melee) and I do not use semi or burst high dps weapons bc of that. I can understand if Warframes abilities will not be affected by that (although I'd greatly appreciate ability to press instead of spamming even if it will be slower than with spamming).

Also new icons look very accurate and cute now. I hope they will be affected by colored UI theme soon too!

Edited by DatLoon

27 minutes ago, Portlalaland said:

For Kuva weapon selection, it seems like you have to complete the mission in order to get the new weapon. Otherwise, if you abort the mission, you'll get the same (rejected) weapon.

That is correct and intended. You have to actually complete the mission for the candidate's weapon to be counted as "rejected" and removed from the pool of possibilities.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, [DE]Momaw said:

That is correct and intended. You have to actually complete the mission for the candidate's weapon to be counted as "rejected" and removed from the pool of possibilities.

How does it interact with hunting Larvlings in non-solo missions? Does everyone who didn't win the 'race' to stab get the 'reject' flag? What if they still want it, but also wanted to let their friend get first dibs?

• Like 1

vor 20 Minuten schrieb MoreDotsMoreDots:

This Update broke my warframe client. So I can't play. WHY?

try to reinstall warframe again. i try this right now, but its seems not to work for me badly... this update broke the updateclient somehow and i dont know why

its caches files in the folder, but after this happens nothing more

infinite loop, and its not my hardware or software

Edited by MCNacho

sadly i don't have proper screenshot of whole area before, so took little piece of some random screen to compare.

what used to be dark "water" alike surface made out of some decoration, now does look like waving poo because of that extra bright render of every reflection.

Spoiler

eRNm677.jpg

very annoying. now i need to hire poo cleaner to remove every piece of that, can't even nuke room because we still not allowed to delete rooms directly.

sake.

• Like 2